Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paddypower and Crystal Palace Drama

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭evosteo

p_larkin99 wrote: »
    I think you guys are being unbelievably naive tbh

only reading through this thread now and just caught up, seems like another classic fuk up by powers,

bout a month back the had a match up saying it was 2-0 when it was actually 3-0,

put 200 on over 2.5 goals at very good odds

they eventually sussed the score line but my bet had been placed

got paid out and withdrew accordingly

never had any resetlements or the likes of what the lads are saying,

if their staff cannot stay up to spped thats hardly the punters fault,

as the saying goes you pay peanuts you get monkeys

• Registered Users Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭carlcon

Not suspended yet, but my account is playing up.

When I click on something to bet on it, instead of giving me the usual box to enter how much I want to bet, it's jumping straight to "confirming bet", as if I bet something.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭Derek!

yeah im guessing that would be the case and would be bad form from the bookie but im sure you could kick up a fuss. Again though, they will always cover themselves in their T and C for things like this, they simply have to be able to!
    Very true, it seems they have every angle covered for almost anything
    Ah well off to BetFAIR

• Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭MoscowFlyer

ppscam.jpg

OK, so looking at this it seems the only bet to have been touched is the £1 @ 18/1. What is the "manual readjustment" part all about?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

RasTa wrote: »
    Yup. If they could have they would have canceled the withdrawl and put the money back into their account.

Your account going negative that fast to me seems like they have lost the funds.

What I think they will do is send an email requesting you pay back etc etc. If you don't they will send your details off to a collection agency who will annoy ye for awhile with phone calls and letters. Usually takes 45 days before they pass off your details.

Just tell the agency to F off.
    Haha. It just feels like I'm stealing :pac: I'm not legally obliged to hand it back am I? Like they can't sue me or something?!

What I've been negatived is about a third of what I won in this whole frenzy.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭dannydiamond

carlcon wrote: »
    Again, the part that really bugs me is that they're probably pulling the odds they're giving out of their arses.

They don't have to, i'd hazard a guess that you're talking about 1/20 odds at best for that bet.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,408 ✭✭✭ft9

Why didnt you all withdraw straight away rather than leaving it there?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 43 madfistbt1

Im hoping my withdrawal of the HT bet beat the clock so to say.

Those whose accounts got suspended, how much did use win? Over the 1k mark?

bet 20 with mine, i want to go on live chat to ask them whats the craic but everyone said not too earlier in the thread

• Registered Users Posts: 10,743 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

evosteo wrote: »
    only reading through this thread now and just caught up, seems like another classic fuk up by powers,

bout a month back the had a match up saying it was 2-0 when it was actually 3-0,

put 200 on over 2.5 goals at very good odds

they eventually sussed the score line but my bet had been placed

got paid out and withdrew accordingly

never had any resetlements or the likes of what the lads are saying,

if their staff cannot stay up to spped thats hardly the punters fault,

as the saying goes you pay peanuts you get monkeys

for sure its worth a try. I would have probably gone for it myself had i not missed out by a few mins but id be doing it on the ever so slight chance i might get away with it rather than expecting it, considering it to be mine and then kicking up a fuss when the monies are correctly adjusted. its not the punters fault but its always possible for human error do you not agree?
    Derek! wrote: »
    Very true, it seems they have every angle covered for almost anything
    Ah well off to BetFAIR

I do all my betting on betfair unless there are promotions. cant understand people still using some bookies

Did any of you see this "Account Total: Total balance not available" before your balance went to negative?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

And then no2 was done too.

-342 in my account.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,317 ✭✭✭Yardie

Seriously lads if they are resettling your bets get on to live chat and demand at least a free bet. They put up a price and should honor it.

Take this analogy.

If you were on betfair and put out a Lay of Palace +2 @ 30/1 and people smashed into it then you would have no right to call foul. It would be a personal error and you would have to suck it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,408 ✭✭✭ft9

Eire-Dearg wrote: »
    Haha. It just feels like I'm stealing :pac: I'm not legally obliged to hand it back am I? Like they can't sue me or something?!

What I've been negatived is about a third of what I won in this whole frenzy.....

They can bring me to court all they like.
    I can imagine it now.

PP Solicitor: ''this person placed a bet online. he won, we paid him, but now were taking legal action cause he wont give it back''

Judge: ''LOL!!!''

Ah balls, just had €620 knocked off in my Account History, for €20 bet I made @ 30/1.

Haven't touched the €4 or €5 bets yet though...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Eire-Dearg wrote: »

Yes they could take you to court for the funds because you have broke their T&C's which you accepted when signing up. However this is going to be costly and not worth their time unless you got out big numbers.

I doubt PP have any internal collection agency for this type of thing so they will sell the debt to the agencies after awhile

• Registered Users Posts: 34,068 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Yardie wrote: »
    Seriously lads if they are resettling your bets get on to live chat and demand at least a free bet. They put up a price and should honor it.

Take this analogy.

If you were on betfair and put out a Lay of Palace +2 @ 30/1 and people smashed into it then you would have no right to call foul. It would be a personal error and you would have to suck it up.

good point

• Registered Users Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭buckfasterer

Acc still suspended here........

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭Keano!

I'm still okay. 20 (positive) in my account and the winnings all appear to have been withdrawn.

Withdrew the lot in 4 small bundles straight after final whistle....

Erm

• Registered Users Posts: 53,992 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I think im going to ring them up tomorrow and talk to a supervisor or somthing

They know they cant do anything now so maybe they'll just grin and bare it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Yardie wrote: »

Take this analogy.

Or you could read the T&C of sites before you use them? Crazy idea I know. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭evosteo

for sure its worth a try. I would have probably gone for it myself had i not missed out by a few mins but id be doing it on the ever so slight chance i might get away with it rather than expecting it, considering it to be mine and then kicking up a fuss when the monies are correctly adjusted. its not the punters fault but its always possible for human error do you not agree?

I do all my betting on betfair unless there are promotions. cant understand people still using some bookies

human error or software error, they should have provisions for this, its not the punters fault,

very good point been made, if you had layed it on betfair, there would not be a chance in hell of you getting it back,

you can hardly say, "sorry them odds were a mistake, im just goin to change them now to suit me"

powers should take this on the chin and improve their service, their site is absolutley shocking and always has errors on it,

i set up an account on betfair and its been the best thing iv done in the last while.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭Keano!

Just gone negative.

€-1478.49

So... What does this mean exactly???? Anyone able to help

• Registered Users Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭buckfasterer

Anyone want to take this to the media??

15 minutes after they destroyed my €20 bet, they still haven't touched the €4 or €5.

Gutted to see €620 just disappear after what I deem to be a mistake on their part, not mine... but I'll still take €300! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

Anyone want to take this to the media??
    Keep an eye on TheJournal.ie tomorrow, you never know!

Should I give a live helper an earful for taking my money?

They seem to be goin very slow on my account, they haven't touched it since takin the 95 earlier

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

• Registered Users Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭keysersoze0330

Bang money gone:mad: Not linked up to withdraw. Wasnt too much but give them a keyboard full over live help. Tbh they don't give a **** about keeping customers sweet. Hope yas get paid lads. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,743 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

evosteo wrote: »
    human error or software error, they should have provisions for this, its not the punters fault,

very good point been made, if you had layed it on betfair, there would not be a chance in hell of you getting it back,

you can hardly say, "sorry them ods were a mistake, im just goin to change them now to suit me"

powers should take this on the chin and improve their service, their site is absolutley shocking and always has errors on it,

i set up an account on betfair and its been the best thing iv done in the last while.

Their provision is to cover themselves which is in their own interest obviously. you think i someone lumps a million on the error and takes em to the cleaners they should just say well oh its our error here is the money.

LOL at taking it on the chin.

Their T and C are vague to allow them to work in their favour. All bookies need to cover for palpable errors. Also, BF is different to a traditional bookie and their terms will reflect this.

Advertisement