Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 ballygowan

Hey guys,

I'm looking for a bit of help! I have a new iphone and i have never downloaded an app before, but i really want to download the weight watchers app for that extra bit of help and motivation!!!

Can any of ye iphone users direct me on how to download it starting with the basics?!!!

Thanks a million :):):)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 autmam

jakeypooh wrote: »
    How can we point fruit when it has 0 points in it?

Im totally confused at this

Our leader told us fruit was Zero pointed and can be used as snacks etc. to feel full as and when we wanted to
    There was NO mention of having to point fruit at all

Can someone confirm this please?

Am worried now:confused::confused:

A similar question was put to our leader yesterday re orange juice and why it should be pointed when it is only oranges. She said that it is because so many oranges are required to make one glass of juice and fruit is only zero points IN MODERATION ! I suspect that smoothies are a similar story but why not email weightwatchers uk to clarify. I have found them to be so helpful. Just say that you are living in co down or somewhere when filling in the query form. Still can't believe that Ww Ireland don't have an email address on their website. What is this the stone age???

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Pixie Girl

Had a brilliant birthday yesterday guys! Thanx for the best wishes!

Ate some amount at dinner last night but was worth every single point! Had 17 daily ppts after breakfast & lunch so used them along with another 17 out of my 49 weekly allowance! Very hard to point stuff tho when you're eating out but hopefully im close enough! Have 32 weekly ones left which will be used for alcohol sat nite!!

Am absolutely loving the calculators by the way... it even works out how many weekly ppts u have left when you go over any day! I am addicted to pointing stuff ha ha!

Well done everyone on their losses :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭Ectoplasm

hillyrob wrote: »
    Hi guys love reading all of the posts on here.
    I am also confused. All week I have been weighing out 165g raw chicken and pointing it as 4PP. It was only yesterday that I noticed that the same amount of cooked chicken (165g) comes out at 6PP. How does cooking the chicken under the grill result in the same amount gaining 2PP? Does anyone know?

I am also hoping that WW tells us soon how the alcohol is being worked out as for most people we like to spend a few points on this at the weekend! :cool:

Keep up the good work everyone. 2nd weigh in tomorrow!! :D

The difference is due to cooked weight vs raw weight. If you grill a chicken breast that weighs 165g raw, then weigh it after it is cooked, it will probably come in at about 120g (guesstimate) as it loses water while cooking.

The reason that 165g of cooked is coming in at a higher propoints value is that it would have weighed about 220g when it was raw.

Hope this clears things up! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭eimear1

autmam wrote: »
    A similar question was put to our leader yesterday re orange juice and why it should be pointed when it is only oranges. She said that it is because so many oranges are required to make one glass of juice and fruit is only zero points IN MODERATION ! I suspect that smoothies are a similar story but why not email weightwatchers uk to clarify.

When asked the same in class, our leader stated that this is because when you eat the fruit you get the fibre and other nutrients of the flesh, making your body work to digest it, and making it healthier overall to eat the fruit itself than just extracting the juice.
    This is why smoothies you make at home are still 0 points for the fruit as you are still getting the flesh. Your leader is right in saying that if there is nothing but fruit in the smoothie you buy it should be 0 pointed, just make sure there is no yoghurt, milk or juice added.
    Hope this helps, E x

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭Dotcomdolly

I pointed up some M&S dine for 2 stuff
    Dinner of honey gammon (one-third of pack), 175g new potatoes steamed in skins (half-price offer), half pack of the green veg layers TOTAL = 14ppts. I added together all the values & then pointed the total.
    The millionaires shortbread desert is 12ppts!
    One quarter of the apple pie is 8ppts

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Cerocco

Anyone know how much a Chicken Kiev would work out as, the buttery garlic one??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭littlefriend

Cerocco wrote: »
    Anyone know how much a Chicken Kiev would work out as, the buttery garlic one??

If you post the total carbs, total fat, protein and fibre maybe someone with a calculator can work it out for you

Big Al's Fajita chicken mini fillets 100g =3pp
    Tesco Light choices choc mousse = 2pp
    Cucumber Raita - great as a dip! Couldn't believe it when the shop guide tells me its 0pp up to 2 tablespoons (30g)!
    3tbsp (45g) is only 1pp!
    Will be rechecking tho - have found a misprint or two in the shop guide, for those of you who have it:
    McVities Go Ahead Apple and Sultana - they've put the points value of a pack of three down as the points per slice - scared the life out of me when i thought i'd used 15 points on mid-morning snack, was actually only 5 - still not great and i'll be avoiding in future, not as economical as i would've thought!

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭irishneady

Eabhabear wrote: »
    Well done on your loss. Where do you do zumba and how much is it? They used to do it in Westwood but it was cancelled for some reason. I've heard it's great for burning calories.

would swords be too far away from you - well ALSAA. Classes are starting there soon.
    kildareash wrote: »
    Woohoo...so it was a double celebration so. Great excuse to go clothes shopping ;)

Can't wait for the weekend. On hols nxt wk and I so need the break. Have been late for work every morning this week. Keep falling back asleep after the alarm :(

god I feel your pain. I am seriously on brink of exhaustion this week. was working more or less till 10.30 every night, on tuesday till *gulp* 1am. I get up at 7 o clock every morning for work and believe me it was a struggle. last night was first night off but I had zumba! I would love a holiday - roll on easter.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Megan81

Hi all
    Thanks so much for all the super helpful info it's making the 1st few days much easier.
    Here's a recipe that I love & is so versatile, hope you try it.
    45ml (3 tbsp) natural yogurt
    5ml (1 tsp) curry powder
    30ml (2 tbsp) mango chutney
    Mix together
    I use it for a salad dressing, spicing up chicken salad wrap/ sandwich, with any meat baked potatoes & veg & so much more!!!
    I pointed it & with the yogurt & chutney I have it comes to 3pp.
    Enjoy :)

mrs wall wrote: »
    great web site, does anyone know seems to be confusion around this
    1 laughig cow = 1 pp but if you calculate 2 its works out at 1 pp also has anyone propointed this thanks

it works out that 3 extra light laughing cow is 1 point. What I do is I might have one with a rice cracker and point it but will have one later in the day also which wud be included in it then.
    kildareash wrote: »
    On my calculations the extra light laughing cow triangle are 0...what one's are you using?

think mrswall was pointing the normal (see above)
    Megan81 wrote: »
    Hi all
    Thanks so much for all the info on this thread it's given me the kick start so today is day 1 for me on ProPoints.

Does anyone know if tinned fruit (in fruit juice not syrup) fall under the no points fruit umbrella or shold I use the info on the tin?

Are prunes no points?

Cheers:)

this was answered but I multi quoted so will answer again lol- no it is not counted so long as it is drained.
    Damn it, that's a 50% increase on the old points !

I forgot to ask at the class if you can carry over daily points still. Reason I'm unsure is this weekly allowance of 49 points that everyone gets, so say you caried over 3 or 4 points a day mon-fri then you could end up with 90 pp for saturday/sunday (at least if you're a guy anyway).

Are the exercise points still the same?

no carrying over and I believe there is an error in activity points. some were listed wrong. someone attached the pdf in the main weight watcher thread with new ones.
    Bernso wrote: »
    On that note which type of chilli sauce do you use and how may pp are in it? I usually just use ketchup as I know what's in it!

how much is in ketchup?
    Quality wrote: »
    Innocent fruit smoothies are showing up as 3 pro points a glass??

But because it's pure fruit should it be pointed or
    Not?

Never thought of buying these - cheers.
    autmam wrote: »
    A similar question was put to our leader yesterday re orange juice and why it should be pointed when it is only oranges. She said that it is because so many oranges are required to make one glass of juice and fruit is only zero points IN MODERATION ! I suspect that smoothies are a similar story but why not email weightwatchers uk to clarify. I have found them to be so helpful. Just say that you are living in co down or somewhere when filling in the query form. Still can't believe that Ww Ireland don't have an email address on their website. What is this the stone age???

yes I know - ridiculous isn't it!

Hi Megan, that sounds really handy, although i don't like curry!! Made a version myself with Philly and sweet chilli sauce, had it a few times already this week, 1 point worth of each whisked up with a splash of milk, makes a sauce for chicken and pasta or prawns and noodles. Loads of mushrooms, broccoli and shallots and kaboom! easy dinner!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭smileyface1

3rd weight in tomorrow- trying to be good- have done 2 one hour walks plus 2 1 hour exercise DVD's this week. And have eaten the foods I was meant to. ( just a little too much beer!) Drinking lots of water- trying to do about 5-6 pints through out the day.

I have not had a single piece of Chocolate since New Years ( can't beliver I have managed that alone!)

So fingers crossed I am down to 148 ( that my goal for this week)
    Will shout from the rooftops if I do it!!!

Week 1 154
    Week 2 152
    Week 3

irishneady wrote: »
    error in activity points. some were listed wrong. someone attached the pdf in the main weight watcher thread with new ones.

Here's that PDF again, save you trawling through the main thread - it's a bit busy over there!!!
    Eimear

I have not had a single piece of Chocolate since New Years ( can't beliver I have managed that alone!)

So fingers crossed I am down to 148 ( that my goal for this week)
    Will shout from the rooftops if I do it!!!

Best of luck!!!Sounds like you've really worked hard, let us know how you get on!!!
    E x

best of luck tommorow smiley - you defo deserve it!

Butternut squash chips and burgers (9/10 points)

peel the bns and chop into chip like sizes
    big al's burgers work out 5 each or 2 for 9 propoints
    gill burgers and use ketchup (1 propoint) - top with onion and jalepeno peppers.
    par boil the bns and then cook in oven

I feel very satisfied after it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭smileyface1

Aww thanks guys- will let you know how it goes!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭starlight1

Hope everyone is having a good week :)

Weighed in on Wed and lost 1.5 so happy to get another loss after losing over xmas aswell

Feel like I'm getting more used to pro-points this week, automatically thinking of the pro-points value of foods when pointing,where last week I kept mixing up the old points and pro-points:o

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Megan81

eimear1 wrote: »
    Hi Megan, that sounds really handy, although i don't like curry!! Made a version myself with Philly and sweet chilli sauce, had it a few times already this week, 1 point worth of each whisked up with a splash of milk, makes a sauce for chicken and pasta or prawns and noodles. Loads of mushrooms, broccoli and shallots and kaboom! easy dinner!!!

Oh that sounds fab. That's dinner sorted for me tomorrow
    Thanks Eimear!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

Twister (from multipack) 2PP
    2 finger kitkat 3PP
    Prawn cocktail Snack-a-jacks (26g pack) 3PP

Love all of the above as treats and great value in PP.

Although slightly over indulge in the snack-a-jacks when having a few drinks at home.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 venus11

Hi I am new to WW and iphone can anyone tell me how to get the calculator app I am finding it hard to point some foods with the one they give at the class. Thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭lollb

ballygowan wrote: »
    Hey guys,

I'm looking for a bit of help! I have a new iphone and i have never downloaded an app before, but i really want to download the weight watchers app for that extra bit of help and motivation!!!

Can any of ye iphone users direct me on how to download it starting with the basics?!!!

Thanks a million :):):)

on your iphone screen you will see app store go into that and click on seach type in iwatchr click on top right had corner you will see €.79 click that and it will ask if you want to buy, enter your password for your itunes store and it will load onto you phone hope that helps!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭Bernso

how much is in ketchup?

1 tblspn is 1pp (95%) sure.
    I thought I bought a calculator at my meeting but the dozy mayor sold me a pedometer instead, Apparately these are twice the price of the calculator but I only oaid €10 for it.
    Going to change next week and will get exact pointage then!
    (Used to be 1tblspn for 1/2 point)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

dreading this weeks weight in i was baaaad! lol

Thursdsy night!
    spent 50 euro on cider in four hours!
    Breast in the bun (two)
    Plus pizza!
    (i was trying to get the barmans attention...so just kept going up for drinks LOL)

Ah well... at least i know where i went "wrong" LOL

Next week i'll be a rockstar!

how much is in ketchup?

Hey there, Shop book states basic ketchup is 0pp for 15g tablespoon, 1pp for 30g.
    Heinz Reduced sugar and salt ketchup is 0pp for 20g. This was a nice surprise as i use this one and get more for my points here!

Lady Lainy wrote: »
    dreading this weeks weight in i was baaaad! lol

Thursdsy night!
    spent 50 euro on cider in four hours!
    Breast in the bun (two)
    Plus pizza!
    (i was trying to get the barmans attention...so just kept going up for drinks LOL)

Ah well... at least i know where i went "wrong" LOL

Next week i'll be a rockstar!

Sounds like a fab night, now don't go regretting a bit of it!! Its one of those days we all get a free pass for!!
    E x

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭littlefriend

Lady Lainy wrote: »
    Breast in the bun (two)

What does breast in the bun mean?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭Bernso

eimear1 wrote: »
    Hey there, Shop book states basic ketchup is 0pp for 15g tablespoon, 1pp for 30g.
    Heinz Reduced sugar and salt ketchup is 0pp for 20g. This was a nice surprise as i use this one and get more for my points here!

It was always 0.5 point originally though for 1 tblspn I'd be afraid to give it 0pp.
    I'd stick with 1pp but deffo going to try that reduced sugar/salt one as it must be 0pp. Nice!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement