Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭bubbaloo

texas star wrote: »
    I should ask this too do I go by the fat or saturated fat for the disk or apps? Also Knorr quick lunch curry rice is now 9 pp is that right,I used to be 2 points I think?Thanks in advance for reply.

Hi Texas Star - you use the protein, full carb , full fat and fibre content for calculation. It takes a while to get used to - especially when your eye is automatically drawn to the calories figure - a hard habit to break!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭texas star

Thanks a mill bubbaloo I was using the sat fat.At least I know now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

Hi all, does anyone know where I'd get 0% fat free greek yoghurt? and what brand? Want to get it to make the creamy curry recipe out of the ww starter pack! I got the 0% fat free last week at a fluke in a garage I was driving by (don't live anywhere near this garage just happened to be passing!). This week I've tried Tesco, Superquinn and Superquinn Select I can't get it anywhere. Does anyone know know which brand to get even (I can't remember what brand I had originally!!)? Or where to get it? Help ould be really aprreciated the curry was yummy!! Although I'd use less greek yoghurt this time and more curry powder and the recipe is very filling-it says it serves 4 but you;d easily serve 5-6 people with it cos its quite luscious!

Pencilsharp - I was just looking for it in Dunnes last week and couldn't find it. Like Dotcomdolly I just used fat free natural yoghurt...and had enough left over to make smoothies the next day ;).
    It was quiet tasty tho.
    Bernso wrote: »
    Hi girls,
    In relation to this curry what powder did you use?
    I always used the seasoning style powder which was always 0 points.
    How are you pointing it now on pp?
    I will look up the recipe tonight but in general use curry powder in cooking with lowfat natural yoghurt as it was free. used loads of it too so if it's high now I give up :mad:

This came up at our meeting last night, people were wondering about dried herbs too.
    Our leader just advised to use common sense when it came to things like this. It's not as if your using a couple of tbsp's per portion or anything. And at the end of the day, it's not a bit of seasoning that has us at WW!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭Bernso

This came up at our meeting last night, people were wondering about dried herbs too.
    Our leader just advised to use common sense when it came to things like this. It's not as if your using a couple of tbsp's per portion or anything. And at the end of the day, it's not a bit of seasoning that has us at WW![/QUOTE]

Thanks, that's what i figured.
    However I prepared chicken curry for two days with loads of veg. i used a few tblspns of curry powder to flavour as I like spicey food.
    I've pointed it at 2pp but it could be 4 pp if that's the way it's going. Just to be sure you know!
    And it deffo is not curry powder that has me on this no! More like the curry sauce from the chipper over Christmas :D

Pixie Girl wrote: »
    It's my birthday tomorrow :D
    Happy Birthday Pixie...have a great day.
    dasa29 wrote: »
    Guys and Gals while i know you should not do it, i think there are certain days where you can write a big n/a across your tracker. For me these days are your Birthday, Wedding day(yours or a family member), some public holidays eg christmas.

Agree with you 100% dasa...I don't even think about WW on very special occassions. I know I wouldn't stick with it, if I was that strict on myself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭tartlet

Down 3lbs lastnight. Was delighted as I didnt walk during the week because of a horrible cold.

Im am the clerk at our meeting and it was sooo busy lastnight, alot of new members aswell. Anyone else out there a clerk?

I see that some of ye can quote others on the posts by inserting their others persons text in a box on your post (if that makes sense :confused:), how do you do that?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭Triceratops Ballet

lynsalot wrote: »
    Oh the other thing is I should be eating like 43 pro points a week or something silly but I'm not. I think it comes in at like 30 or 35 and i'm not a bit hungry or anything. TBH I know that i'm eating less than the points allowance so I didn't count it up because the new plan is a little complicated and i'm still learning the ropes

Lynsalot, thats an amazing loss, well done! Don't go making excuses for it you've achieved something great and you should relish it! its something great you've done for yourself, so make sure to enjoy it!

PS: how exactly did you do it??!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭Triceratops Ballet

tartlet wrote: »
    Down 3lbs lastnight. Was delighted as I didnt walk during the week because of a horrible cold.

Im am the clerk at our meeting and it was sooo busy lastnight, alot of new members aswell. Anyone else out there a clerk?

I see that some of ye can quote others on the posts by inserting their others persons text in a box on your post (if that makes sense :confused:), how do you do that?

Hey Tartlet, in the bottom right of every post there should be a button that says quote just hit that and you're away!

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭tartlet

Hey Tartlet, in the bottom right of every post there should be a button that says quote just hit that and you're away!

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭PinkChick

KayTee wrote: »
    Good job pinkchick- u and I are the same weight with the same mini goal!

Saexpat, it was free to join online on the uk site if u paid for 3 months.

Well done astra and everyone else on great lOsses!

Here's to PMA for a good week..

Kaytee, that's good to know! Being a 'less to lose' member sometimes I feel everyone is losing so much more etc so nice to know someone in the same boat. I have set myself a goal of 9 stone so still have 16lbs to go. But I feel it's very doable on the propoints. But goal 1, 9 stone 13 here we come!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 407 ✭✭lynsalot

Lynsalot, thats an amazing loss, well done! Don't go making excuses for it you've achieved something great and you should relish it! its something great you've done for yourself, so make sure to enjoy it!

PS: how exactly did you do it??!!! :D

Aw thanks dundalklad and lottie. I suppose it was the massive change to my diet. I'd gone from eating pure crap and full fat things back to the WW diet. I've done WW so many times. Like that got stuck in a rut. Sick of drinking slimline etc, went buying full fat things for a while and maybe it was the change. I also did a lot of walking. Spending a fortune in lidl on veggies and made a beautiful stir fry the other night with quorn pieces with soy sauce and fresh lime juice... gorgeous. Some brocolli to soak up the juice! Gorgeous

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Megan81

Hi all
    Thanks so much for all the info on this thread it's given me the kick start so today is day 1 for me on ProPoints.

Does anyone know if tinned fruit (in fruit juice not syrup) fall under the no points fruit umbrella or shold I use the info on the tin?

Are prunes no points?

Cheers:)

lynsalot wrote: »
    Hi guys
    I went back for my weigh in last night for week 1 of WW pro points and found I'd lost 11lbs. I'm ashamed to tell people because I think there has to be something wrong.
    I know some of it must've been water but I expect people to criticise me but I think my diet was good. I ate eggs this week too, no red meat though, maybe thats it.
    Any thoughts?

My first thought is go shout it from the rooftops! That is an amazing results and your diet seems very balanced to me. A lot of people have had great results this week and I think it is partly down to the fact that it's a new programme and we're all pointing like mad!
    Don't be ashamed to tell people, and don't accept it if they try to criticise. You've followed the plan to a 'T' this week and are now reaping the rewards.
    Keep it up...look forward to reading more fabulous results in the weeks to come :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 734 ✭✭✭astra2000

Megan81 wrote: »
    Hi all
    Thanks so much for all the info on this thread it's given me the kick start so today is day 1 for me on ProPoints.

Does anyone know if tinned fruit (in fruit juice not syrup) fall under the no points fruit umbrella or shold I use the info on the tin?

Are prunes no points?

Best of luck!

dried prunes are coming up 50g pp2
    prunes in juice 210g pp5

Manhatten popcorn 30g bag pp4
    dunnes vegetable spring rolls from chilled aisle 100g/2 rolls pp4
    sunny south tuna chunks in brine 56g drained pp1
    irish pride healthy grain baps per 70g bap pp5
    Rankin irish whole whea tsoda bread per 40g pp3

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

Hi all

Are prunes no points?

We were told at our meeting that if you drain the juice from the fruit then it's 0 points. I think I saw that somewhere in one of the books too.

• Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭tantipie

kateos2 wrote: »
    We were told at our meeting that if you drain the juice from the fruit then it's 0 points. I think I saw that somewhere in one of the books too.

we were to;ld the same!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭Santa Claus

astra2000 wrote: »
    cadbury curly wurly 26g pp3

Damn it, that's a 50% increase on the old points !

I forgot to ask at the class if you can carry over daily points still. Reason I'm unsure is this weekly allowance of 49 points that everyone gets, so say you caried over 3 or 4 points a day mon-fri then you could end up with 90 pp for saturday/sunday (at least if you're a guy anyway).

Are the exercise points still the same?

Are prunes no points?

Tinned fruit is zero IF you drain the juice off first.

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭dasa29

Santa Claus "I forgot to ask at the class if you can carry over daily points still. Reason I'm unsure is this weekly allowance of 49 points that everyone gets, so say you caried over 3 or 4 points a day mon-fri then you could end up with 90 pp for saturday/sunday (at least if you're a guy anyway).

Are the exercise points still the same?"

Hi santa claus as far as i know you can no longer carry over any daily points.

Regarding exercise points, you will find info on them in your pocket guide pages 58 - 63.

• Advertisement

Manhatten popcorn 30g bag pp4
    dunnes vegetable spring rolls from chilled ailse 100g/2 rolls pp4
    sunny south tuna chunks in brine 56g drained pp1
    irish pride healthy grain baps per 70g bap pp5
    Rankin irish whole whea tsoda bread per 40g pp3

Ha! Loving those veggie spring rolls, posted re them earlier Wasn't sure if anyone else ate them.
    I think they're super! Tasty and convenient.:D

Ha! Loving those veggie spring rolls, posted re them earlier Wasn't sure if anyone else ate them.
    I think they're super! Tasty and convenient.:D

sorry didnt see that one!! Will be a nice treat with a little salad and chilli sauce!

sorry didnt see that one!! Will be a nice treat with a little salad and chilli sauce!

Sounds delish...must get them next wk. Wld make a nice tasty lunch someday.

On that note which type of chilli sauce do you use and how may pp are in it? I usually just use ketchup as I know what's in it!

• Registered Users Posts: 21 _electrolyte

Yaay, first weigh in today - down 4lbs! Delighted! Have enjoyed the plan so far and no hunger pangs at all. :)

Next thing I need to get a good handle on is the dreaded booze - still not sure on the points for my regular tipples.

On that note which type of chilli sauce do you use and how may pp are in it? I usually just use ketchup as I know what's in it!
    I use blue dragon chilli sauce, thai dipping sauce 15ml pp1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭Slaygal

Well done Lynsalot ! That's brilliant. Happy Birthday Lainey and Happy Birthday Pixie ! I lost 2 pounds last night which I'm delighted with.

I'm on 29 points and everything has increased so I'm really struggling to keep to within my points everday. I walk on my lunchbreak for 30 mins 4 or 5 times a week. On top of that 2 or 3 evenings a week I walk for another 40 mins. I drink 2 litres of water a day and I've been tracking really well.

I've gone from two pieces of toast in the mornings to 1
    I've stopped having sandwiches at lunchtime cos I'm coeliac and Gluten Free bread is 3 Propoints per slice. I was using the wrong number of Propoints so no more baked potatoes.

I've been having a small baked potato with tuna and salad at lunchtime
    Stir Fry Veg with quorn pieces for dinner.

Any suggestions on how I can use my points better ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭kashmir

I am definitely going to try them this weekend now that two people have referenced them, it's nice to have something different to try. You get fed up even eating all the zero fruit, that is why this thread is so good, someone mentioned freezing grapes so I tried that and they are really lovely and make a change, great for munching on watching TV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭kashmir

ladypip wrote: »
    :eek::eek::eek::eek:

90 points wow!!

Thats only if you are following the Simply Filling plan.........don't get carried away :)

• Advertisement

kashmir wrote: »
    I am definitely going to try them this weekend now that two people have referenced them, it's nice to have something different to try. You get fed up even eating all the zero fruit, that is why this thread is so good, someone mentioned freezing grapes so I tried that and they are really lovely and make a change, great for munching on watching TV.

Cool Astra deffo buying some of that, cheers:D

Kashmir I understand i love these at night on a weekend (they were my xfactor staple with vino :D) or if slightly hungover with ketchup! Now with the dipping sauce mentioned above;)
    I know what you mean re change. I am buying grapes to try them frozen this evening! Variety is the spice and all that jazz!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement