Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24 arfheabhas

Had my weekly weigh in Monday down 2lbs. Will hopefully have repaired the xmas damage next week then onwards and downwards.

Have been watching what I eat but not pointing everything. So my goal for this wk is to get back in the habit of pointing everything. Congrats to everyone who lost this wk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 mrs wall

great web site, does anyone know seems to be confusion around this
    1 laughig cow = 1 pp but if you calculate 2 its works out at 1 pp also has anyone propointed this thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭Bernso

mrs wall wrote: »
    1 laughig cow = 1 pp but if you calculate 2 its works out at 1 pp also has anyone propointed this thanks

Hi all,
    Well done Astra and everyone. great losses already.
    I am back on WW after 5 months off joined yesterday and getting my head around it too. Lots of questions for leader next week unless you guys could help?
    Great thread for us all to help each other :)

Re the laughing cow I was wondering the same as 2 light and 2 extra light are both 1 pp?
    If 2 tspns of low fat spread is 1pp does that mean flora light and flora proactiv are now the same?
    Like dont see the point in getting extra light if light is the same value?

Similarly with cream crackers 1 x Light is 1 pp and 1 x regular are 1pp?
    Any help re the above much appreciated.

Velvet crunch = 2pp
    Lowlow cheese slice = 1
    Quorn chicken style burger - 3 pp
    Dunnes vegetable spring roll 1 = 2pp (Love these as a snack, very tasty for 2pp. Get them in fridge not freezer area of all Dunnes)
    WW pitta = I think 3 pp as still on old packs in my local tesco so from my calculations.

Best of luck everyone! Get that fruit into ya!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 24 melbournebound

Well, I got some M&S Count on Us meals. They've got propoints printed on the back. Just a warning, point everything. I've checked some stuff on two calculators, and some of them are wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

Just back from WI...lost 2.5lbs, absolutely delighted.

Propoints seem to be really suiting people...loads of big weight losses in our class.

My daily points allowance has also dropped by 1 point this week...don't know how tho. I'm not in a new stone bracket or anything, if that makes sense.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 Carolineonecat

After first week of pro points lost 3 lbs. !!!! Delighted,feel so motivated,was 29points but average was 33'did not use the full extras,love this site.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,631 ✭✭✭wench

mrs wall wrote: »

This can happen easily enough, particularly now they have done away with the half points.
    So if one comes in at 0.6 pp that rounds up to 1
    two would be 1.2 pp, which rounds down to 1

For small amounts like this you are better off working out the points per 100g if possible, and then dividing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭tiny_penguin

Just back from my first weigh in on propoints and I lost 5lbs!! Was shocked to say the least. I was totally sceptical, but stuck to it rigidly, and just goes to show it works very well. Am even more motivated that 2011 will be my goal year :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Eabhabear

Just back from my WI and didn't change which I'm ok about because it's my TOM and didn't track properly last week because of illness. So i'm starting properly from tomorrow! I am 1lb from my third silver seven and I have a mini goal to reach next week before I go to Madrid for the weekend. So hopefully I'll achieve them next week.

Well done to everyone who lost. It's great to see that pro points are working. Our leader said in class that a lot of people have had significant losses this week.

melbournebound what are those meals like? What type of meals are they?

Eabha x

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Carolineonecat

I agree,I have been a gold member for about 9years but was not happy with my weight and not pointing anymore,I find this great and do not feel as though I have missed out on anything at all.... I heart pro points !!

• Advertisement

Hi all.
    Feedback then seems generally good with your losses. I only joined this week. it is great to feel snacky and just go for fruit instead of say sugar free jelly (see you in the next life jelly!).
    I hope to have a loss next week. Deffo makes you eat healthier.
    Well done everyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭Triceratops Ballet

Hi All,

had my first post christmas wi on Monday, stayed the same which i'm definitely happy with.
    At first was looking forward to the PP system but since i've started it has me a little worried (granted i am still only on day two) Its definitely out of the comfort zone, and I feel like I'm eating a tonne! (I've 31 pp a day btw)
    I haven't gone mad on fruit or anything actually only one banana a day but i'm terrified to touch my 49 points. I just feel a bit like all my go to foods when I was stuck (and too tired to cook fish fingers, oodon noodles ect) have gone up, and I really miss the eatout guide from the old pack the setPoints were great when u couldn't get exact points.

I'm sure it will get easier but i'm just feeling really frustrated at the mo. Does anyone know will there be anything like the setPoints coming up?

Thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 hockeysticks

I have used this recipe: http://italianfoodies.ie/2010/12/19/chicken-vegetable-minestrone/

I made this tonight and used :
    120g Stelline pasta (tiny stars, but you can use any pasta) 3 ppt
    3 tsps Olive oil (15ml) 3 ppt
    350g Roast Chicken 11.5 ppt
    1 stock cube 1 ppt

I left out the frozen peas and celery (As I had none) and used three carrots, one pepper and one tin of cherry tomatoes - all 0 ppts
    Substituted coriander for parsley 0 ppts
    Added lots of garlic, ginger and chillies 0 ppts

A huge pot was 18.5 ppts I would guesstimate that a large bowl was 4.5/5 ppts. There is easily 4 portions from this quantity. :D

Its a really hearty meal and you could tailor it to your owns tastes with point free additions like spices/herbs other veggies!
    Also if you made it veggie this quantity would be 7 ppts ..:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

Good bye 23!
    Goodbye unhealthy me!
    Goodbye over priced fat clothes!
    Goodbye to me being my own worst enemy!
    Goodbye to the fear of really living life cos who wants to hear from the fat girl!

I think I needed the break over Christmas...I know i was sick like so the break was forced on me...but you know what its totally recharged my weight watcher motivation!

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭dasa29

Hi guys well done on the weight loss keep it up.

Kildareash as far as i know, you loss at least 1propoint per 7 pounds.

At my last weight in i was 20st and i know if i go down 2 pounds i will lose 1point from my daily allowance. It works out as follows on my propoints calculator.

20st 56propoints
    19st 12 55 propoints -2 pounds
    18st 12 53 propoints -14 pounds

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭eimear1

Just back from my first weigh in on propoints and I lost 5lbs!! Was shocked to say the least. I was totally sceptical, but stuck to it rigidly, and just goes to show it works very well. Am even more motivated that 2011 will be my goal year :)

Well done you!!! Fair play to you!
    I am a bit disappointed with my weigh in- i was up half a pound, but when i think back i didn't get any exercise in (due to back injury) i had been doing quite a bit of walking etc before xmas so will have to work on that for this week, also gonna try not touch the 49 additional points this week, as i used about half of them and probably shouldn't have as was not exercising. Also TOTM but trying not to give myself excuses!!!
    Anyway, day 1 of week 2 almost over and within points. Will try to go swimming tomorrow.
    Keep posting your positive WI results to motivate us please!!! Need to know the plan is working so i don't just give up and say this new plan isn't for me!!!
    Eimear x

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭eimear1

Lady Lainy wrote: »
    Good bye 23!
    Goodbye unhealthy me!

Happy Birthday Lainey!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭littlefriend

Happy birthday Lainey.

I guess everybody needs to trust that ww as a company has done enough research to ensure that the plan works. How crazy would they be from a financial point of view to introduce something that doesn't work...

Someone said earlier in this thread that 'propoints' is a reintroduction of the 'core plan'. I reckon that is pretty true. I think people had a problem with the core plan because there were no strict limits on it so people overate. Hopefully being strict about pointing correctly for the first few weeks until it becomes second nature will mean people do lose and don't give up on it. It is so much healthier than the previous plan. I saw a woman the other night at my meeting for the first time in ages...she has lost a couple of stone but she looks terrible and quite a lot older. I've noticed that before with successful weightwatchers members - they are thin but don't look healthy. With a bit of luck lots of fruit and vegetables in this plan will give everybody that lovely glow that is so attractive.

Wait til you see now - I'll probably put on weight tomorrow and be slating the program and ww in general. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭ladypip

Happy birthday Lainey.

My WI is tomorrow im super nervous i have a feeling i've put on or stayed the same i wasn't really pointing because i was sick with a chest infection and flu combined so i was basically eating whatever my bf made me he did try to keep it healthy but i didn't have the heart to ask him to point it for me and i didn't exercise at all!! If i don't lose anything tomorrow i wont be disappointed I'll start on Friday pointing and exercising properly.

Wish me luck

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

Happy birthday Lainey.

I guess everybody needs to trust that ww as a company has done enough research to ensure that the plan works. How crazy would they be from a financial point of view to introduce something that doesn't work...

Someone said earlier in this thread that 'propoints' is a reintroduction of the 'core plan'. I reckon that is pretty true. I think people had a problem with the core plan because there were no strict limits on it so people overate. Hopefully being strict about pointing correctly for the first few weeks until it becomes second nature will mean people do lose and don't give up on it. It is so much healthier than the previous plan. I saw a woman the other night at my meeting for the first time in ages...she has lost a couple of stone but she looks terrible and quite a lot older. I've noticed that before with successful weightwatchers members - they are thin but don't look healthy. With a bit of luck lots of fruit and vegetables in this plan will give everybody that lovely glow that is so attractive.

Wait til you see now - I'll probably put on weight tomorrow and be slating the program and ww in general. :)

Thats what i like about this new plan....i FEEL healthier. its not just about getting slim for me.....I want to be healthy. Toned, strong, lean, glowing skin, shiney hair....god if only weight watchers could make me 4 inches taller it would be perfect.

• Advertisement

Lady Lainy wrote: »
    Thats what i like about this new plan....i FEEL healthier. its not just about getting slim for me.....I want to be healthy. Toned, strong, lean, glowing skin, shiney hair....god if only weight watchers could make me 4 inches taller it would be perfect.

More fruit and veg = Much healthier person
    Pointing with this means weight loss.
    We can all do it if we put our minds to it right?

Happy birthday lainey and here's to you becoming more confident in yourself girl.
    Best of luck with it!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭tiny_penguin

eimear1 wrote: »
    Well done you!!! Fair play to you!
    I am a bit disappointed with my weigh in- i was up half a pound, but when i think back i didn't get any exercise in (due to back injury) i had been doing quite a bit of walking etc before xmas so will have to work on that for this week, also gonna try not touch the 49 additional points this week, as i used about half of them and probably shouldn't have as was not exercising. Also TOTM but trying not to give myself excuses!!!
    Anyway, day 1 of week 2 almost over and within points. Will try to go swimming tomorrow.
    Keep posting your positive WI results to motivate us please!!! Need to know the plan is working so i don't just give up and say this new plan isn't for me!!!
    Eimear x

I ate most of my 49 points. Had 12 left tonight which I used for my treat meal after weigh in. I think you have to just trust it and go with it. I did do a bit of excercise, walking to and from work and 2 days 40 mins on my stepper.
    I'd say def dont lose heart with the new plan, give it at least another week. Sometimes it takes a week for weight loss to show, esp at TOTM! And dont be afraid to use your 49, just make sure you are pointing portions etc accuratley

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 hockeysticks

Oh I know those noodles are so high, put if you buy the normal packs of noodles you can make quite a low fat meal. www.thegoodmoodfoodblog.com has some good recipes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 MTF1

Just wondering has anyone bought the WW Pedometer?? How much is it & does it calculate your activity PPs for you?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭littlefriend

rina120 wrote: »
    Hiya everyone!

I'm new to Ireland (From the US), was on WW prior, but new to the propoints!!
    I was thrilled to see this board because I was very disappointed with the Weightwatchers.ie website

Their Irish website is awful. I was in ww in 2006 and the layout hasn't changed since then :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭kashmir

The Simply Filling plan looks like it might be worth trying out for a change some week. Or if it's more convenient not to have to plan, point and track. You can eat until you are full all the Healthy & filling foods, those highlighted in green in all the literature and still have your 49 weekly points (which goes up to 90 on maintenance). This is similar to the core plan idea??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Birdie086

MTF1 wrote: »
    Just wondering has anyone bought the WW Pedometer?? How much is it & does it calculate your activity PPs for you?

Didnt know it existed, managed to get five half hours walks in between mon and wed so far this week(my legs are killing me had given up walking completly unless it was to the bus stop), my meeting is in the morning so I will be looking out for this and if it calculates the points i will definitly invest.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 ac08400

Ballyfree chicken sausages 2pp. Pretty tasty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 whatsurname

First weigh in yesterday and I was 2.5lb down - delighted and makes me more determined to loose my stone and 1/2!:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭boodlesdoodles

Happy Birthday Lainy! Hope it's a great one and here's to many more healthy ones!!! :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement