Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭eimear1

Yoffi wrote: »
    Thanks! Much better than I thought actually...maybe thats a bad thing!

:D Same here when a Twirl is only 6!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭Bernso

Hi All...

Been keeping on track- 2 slip ups this week though ( my WW week is Sat-Fri)
    Drinking Saturday and drinking again on Tuesday! I drink pints too so they are pretty high in point- although I have switched to Coors Light...and will prob switch to bottles too....

I did a sneaky weigh in and I am down another 2 lbs though- pretty delighted as its not Saturday yet ( my weigh in day)

Been really good food wise and try to exercise for an hour 4 times a week....

Will let ya'll know how it goes on Saturday! Fingers crossed!

Start weight 154
    Goal for 1st Feb 140

Best of luck Smileyface, I'm about 3.5ibs heavier adn first main goal is 140.
    Doubt I'll make it by 1st of Feb but need to start exercise!
    If you're doing one hour four times you should have no problem.
    Right I need to get into that mode too.
    Best of luck with it!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭Ectoplasm

Had lost faith in the whole WW program but hearing about the new one prompted me to rejoin. Massive amount to lose, but it's looking interesting. I'm particularly loving the weekly point allowance (or as I'm already thinking of them, weekend points!)

Just pointed the Avonmore Farmhouse Vegetable Soup - the one that comes in a carton. It's 3pp for half the large, and the same for the single serving small one. Yay - I love this soup, it's really filling and tasty.

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭little bess

Well done everyone on the losses :D I had my weigh-in today after a 5 week absence from ww when i had put on 7 lbs . I lost 4 so I'm v. pleased with that as I felt like I was eating loads all week and have only 7 of my weekly allowance points left.
    That is a pretty normal loss for me on my 1st week back so I won't be expecting to lose that much next week :) I'm just glad the new system works for me - was a bit worried getting on the scales !
    Good luck everyone on the weigh-ins this week- we can do it people!!

Does anyone know where to find out the points in mcdonalds meals , specifically the crispy chicken and bacon wrap ? It doesn't have the info on the wrapper and I can't see where to get the info on the website ..

• Advertisement

Does anyone know where to find out the points in mcdonalds meals , specifically the crispy chicken and bacon wrap ? It doesn't have the info on the wrapper and I can't see where to get the info on the website ..

http://www.mcdonalds.ie/docs/Nutritional_info.aspx
    Here's the nutritional info, if that helps?
    E

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭KayTee

KayTee wrote: »
    Flake is only 4, and those kids long dairy milks are 3 for anyone craving a choc fix! Guess who's been pointing the selection boxes :)

Guys- gave some wrong info, cashiers flake is actually 5pps..the selection box version must be slightly smaller, sorry!

Hope the birthday girls are having a well deserved night off!

Well done everyone, some fantastic losses this week!

Thanks for that eimear , but I can't seem to see the crispy chicken & bacon wrap on there :confused:

Folks- I know I said cadburys flake is 4 ppts, but it's actually 5. The selection box versions must be a bit smaller...Sorry...

Great losses this week, well done to everyone..

Hope the birthday girls Lainey & Pixie are having a great night!

Thanks for that eimear , but I can't seem to see the crispy chicken & bacon wrap on there :confused:

Yeah just noticed that after i'd posted it, maybe someone who has the eating out guide might be able to help you out, Sorry!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21 _electrolyte

Yoffi wrote: »
    Hi All,
    Any idea how many Propoints in a Creme Egg? Yes I indulged but there is no information on the foil wrap, its all on the larger box in the supermarket. Anyone come across the propoints?

Cheers

Hi Yoffi, I pointed a few things of the cadbury.co.uk website the other day:

Creme Egg 5pp
    Crunchie normal size 5pp
    Pink Snack 5pp
    Dairy Milk 49g 7pp
    Bournville 45g 6pp
    Curly Wurly 3pp (yaay!)

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭dno7239

I have the eating out guide, and that mc donalds wrap isnt listed in it im afraid. They have other wraps listed
    chicken tikka snack wrap 7 pp
    ranch snack wrap 9 pp

the chicken legend with bacon is 15 pp

I know it isnt much use, but even if u can estimate and go by those figures as guidance.

I wasnt able to stay for my meeting this week, but maybe this was discussed in other meetings. Alcohol seems so high in points! (thank god for weekly allowance). Anyway, according to the shop book, a half pint of lager 284 ml is 3 pp. Then a half pint of Coors light 284 ml is 4 pp! Surely that has to be a mistake? hmmm

Does this mean in regards to drinking pints, coors is 8 pp and others are 6 pp?

Oops..double post..

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭dno7239

Down two pounds and im delighted. Not bad for getting totally confused with the points and the stupid wheel (bought my calculator today so im feeling more optimistic).

• Registered Users Posts: 21 _electrolyte

I walked around Tesco this eve pointing stuff on my ipod. Fantastic!
    kildareash wrote: »
    +1 for the iwatchr app. Great to be able to log your favourite foods.

I never really felt comfortable pulling out my tracker during the day to write down foods and I'm not much of a pre-planner. So this is perfect for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭All4shopping

Hi all been reading this thread for a while its great motivation! WI this evening was down 3lbs and used all my daily and weekly allowance! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭Muirgheal

It is so hard to keep up with the thread now - do you guys live attached to your keyboards?

Everyone is doing so well- it's great.

BTW belated Happy Birthday to Lainy and Pinkchick (?) <sorry if I have the wrong name for the second birthday person>

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭lollb

rubadub wrote: »
    I don't do WW, I have calculated the points for people, and listed calories of various foods. I do count calories to some degree and really feel it is easier and simpler than points. They make out like the points simplify things but from reading these threads there seems to be a lot of confusion, and a lot of room for error seeing as it is now more complicated.

I thought more people would have been questioning the leaders as to what was wrong with the old system -if it was worth changing obviously something was wrong (I think they realised their mistake in being so irrationally biased against saturated fat), they should tell what the problem was as you may have been (and continue) avoiding foods which are now far lower in points (e.g. I know coconut is now far lower in propoints).

In another thread a user entered figures and it seemed this new propoints system was closely following calories -so I figure it would be easier just to count calories.

this is the new formula
    012d53852b032e7a5e36bfeee1562272.png
    or
    4577bd39c26ed53921d32510966b2d29.png

The US also have a new points system and it seems they treat it like fat.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weight_Watchers

So now instead of being biased against sat fat they are biased against alcohol. If I was making my own points system it would not be 9 calories per gram. Alcohol has 7kcal per gram, but due to the way it is metabolised some say it should be less than this, I think I have heard a figure of about 5.5kcal -as a heavy drinker and calorie counter I know the figures do not add up, drink has far less effect on me weight wise.

They also seem to keep the calculators secret
    might have to close this thread!

I wonder how they managed to work out the points. I went onto mcdonalds (make sure you go to the irish site since the US usually have bigger burgers). The only info I can find is "per portion", so I am unable to work out the points since you need the weight of the item overall, and then go back and calculate per 100g figures -which is a pain since there are now 4 figures.

The only calculator I saw was this one which needs figures per 100g
    http://www.wijvallenaf.nl/Weight-Watchers/ProPoints-Calculator.html

i downloaded the iphone app iwatchr and configured the calculator as outlined, however can you please explain this to me, when i use the example in the weightwatchers new book for wheetabix i get 3.5 where ww get 3?? example is as follows for two wheetabix

protein 4.3g
    carbs 25.7g
    fat 0.8g
    fibre 3.8g

in the ww pro we are told to round the points, so if rounding it the ww way it would be 4 points but in the book it is 3 points!!! help really dont want to have to buy calculator, looks better in supermarket with iphone just looks like you texting!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭boodlesdoodles

I had my WI tonight and I'm down 2lbs! Really pleased with myself and leader said everyone new on the plan had weight loss. There were loads at the meeting tonight compared to last week. And some of them never stopped interrupting the leader talking to each other and asking questions that weren't relevant. If they gave her a chance she'd have gotten around to the things they wanted to know. Kind of ruined the meeting for everyone I thought!

What really niggled me, and this is just me being b1tchy, is that they were complaining they didn't understand what she was explaining but then when she'd begin to explain again off they'd go in their little gossip group.

But I'm down 2lbs so feck em!

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭irishneady

God withdrawal as have not been on and was dying to see how ppl were doing. been so busy - my life sucks!

So WI was yesterday and was down 2.5 lbs - delighted! Just back from zumba and I don't use my activity points as I like to think the fat will continue burning after the class. Also had 4 daily left over but I never feel hungry after and I would only be eating for the sake of it.

well done to all weight losses and welcome to newbies.

Happy Birthday Lainy and PinkChick

:D:D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭boodlesdoodles

irishneady wrote: »
    God withdrawal as have not been on and was dying to see how ppl were doing. been so busy - my life sucks!

So WI was yesterday and was down 2.5 lbs - delighted! Just back from zumba and I don't use my activity points as I like to think the fat will continue burning after the class. Also had 4 daily left over but I never feel hungry after and I would only be eating for the sake of it.

My meeting leader maintains that if you're working hard to do an activity, using them only counteracts the effort you're putting in. Unless they're needed for a special occasion of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭irishneady

Yea I agree. I stick to daily and don't add activity points.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

. And some of them never stopped interrupting the leader talking to each other and asking questions that weren't relevant. But I'm down 2lbs so feck em!

Well done girl! I can't stand people who whisper the whole way through the meeting or those who hog it with questions.
    There is one lady in my meeting who talks to the two women she sits beside for the duration of the meeting. It's so annoying! She was even trying to talk to a lady who was in the row behind her this week.
    Must be very frustrating for the leader too.

Well done to you too...everyone is doing great this week. I never count my activity points, never felt I needed to.

I can't wait for the weather to pick up...it's so miserable coming home from work in the dark and going out for a walk. At the minute I'm just sticking to the one boring route, but in the summer I have so many more choices.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Eabhabear

Well done on your loss. Where do you do zumba and how much is it? They used to do it in Westwood but it was cancelled for some reason. I've heard it's great for burning calories.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 autmam

Hi
    Just wondering if anyone knows how many pp in med size bacon (ie bacon meat that you have for dinner, not bacon rashers)Bacon rashers are only listed in the guide as guide is aimed at british ww members

I had this same problem yesterday. In the end I went with the points from the shop book for gammon, as it is quite similar

Gammon steak, raw, 1 medium, 170g = 6ppts
    Or
    Gammon/ham joint, raw, 1 slice, 23g = 1ppt

To be safe I sort of decided to point at 2 ppts a slice, not to big of a slice!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 hillyrob

Hi guys love reading all of the posts on here.
    I am also confused. All week I have been weighing out 165g raw chicken and pointing it as 4PP. It was only yesterday that I noticed that the same amount of cooked chicken (165g) comes out at 6PP. How does cooking the chicken under the grill result in the same amount gaining 2PP? Does anyone know?

I am also hoping that WW tells us soon how the alcohol is being worked out as for most people we like to spend a few points on this at the weekend! :cool:

Keep up the good work everyone. 2nd weigh in tomorrow!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭dasa29

hillyrob wrote: »
    Hi guys love reading all of the posts on here.
    I am also confused. All week I have been weighing out 165g raw chicken and pointing it as 4PP. It was only yesterday that I noticed that the same amount of cooked chicken (165g) comes out at 6PP. How does cooking the chicken under the grill result in the same amount gaining 2PP? Does anyone know.

Hi hillyrob i cooked chicken for my self on wednesday, what i did was igrilled it and when i put it on the plate i weigh it. i found out that the weight of it grilled was 120g which is 4 propoints. So i think you should put your dinner plate on a scales and as you are picking up your dinner you are weighing it there and than. Also where are you geting the 6pp for cooked chicken as i don't see it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 hillyrob

When I go to my on-line food tracker I can input a food I want to find in the search box. If I put in chicken it searches all the results for chicken and in the list you will see "chicken breast skinless raw 165g 4PP" Just under that on the list it says, "chicken breast skinless grilled 100g 3PP" If I click on the grilled chicken and change the g's to 165g it then changes to 6PP" Maybe its me and I don't understand who things are worked out as I'm only in my 2nd week. If I'm being "thick" please tell me. I need to get my head around it. Thanks so much :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

drank a load of sugary strawberry cider!
    and TWO breast in a buns!

Thats my confession...its out there...back on the ww wagon....

the jeans i wore tonight....didn't even fit my fat ass last year...now there falling off me! still a fat ass just a less fat ass!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 35 Sallyanne2

eimear1 wrote: »
    http://www.mcdonalds.ie/docs/Nutritional_info.aspx
    Here's the nutritional info, if that helps?
    E

Gosh that's terrific, thanks Eimear1

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement