Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grandouet

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,873 ✭✭✭RichieLawlor

Drifting violently on betfair. Just matched at 15.

Not looking good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

He was last matched at 9.2 but he's 15.5 to lay but no liquidity. Could be nothing

He was last matched at 9.2 but he's 15.5 to lay but no liquidity. Could be nothing

He was matched at 15 in the last 20 mins

Out to 11 to back now, something could be up

Out to 11 to back now, something could be up

Lol expect a statement soon. Horse probably hasn't been right for months. Henderson is some cowboy

• Advertisement

Was just matched at 16 and 55 to lay

Binocular single figures. ****ing Chemical Nicky is apt

Out to 3.4 for a place and the place lay is blank. Wonder when will we hear anything

Edit: Coral have him at 8/1 NRNB if anyone fancies it. Binocular into 7s in places

Out to 3.4 for a place and the place lay is blank. Wonder when will we hear anything

Well someone knows already

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Sweet baby Jesus (oh Hay-zeus for our Spanish friends) this is getting ridiculous :mad:

• Advertisement

@BillEsdaile: Grandouet has been working very disappointingly recently and NJH has most likely 'run out of time' to get him ready for next Tuesday

At Least we now know theborderfox is talking thru his **** lol

Grandouet worked very very well this morning. They think he'll win it. Lump on time.

I hope no one suffered because of this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,669 ✭✭✭Colonel Sanders

Shocking carry on

In cases like this Betfair should have to hand details of layers over to the BHA

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,669 ✭✭✭Colonel Sanders

No R4 on bets placed via the powers offer before today...

FWIW if he doesn't run it's a NRNB refund not a refund under the HF offer. So anyone who's backed Grandouet reload and back something else (if he's confirmed a NR)

I hope no one suffered because of this

I'd say some people did back him on the back of this. But at least most places are NRNB.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

Huntley wrote: »
    You are concerned that he is being kept off the track due to his physical state then, which if was the case would concern me aswell.

I don't believe, nor have connections said, that has been the case. People are also quick to discredit that this season has resulted in different approaches been taken by trainers. Nicholls was content to give a prep run to the majority of his stable stars while Henderson chose not to.

I'm not concerned about the horses well being, his lack of fitness may have been a concern but I have full faith that he will be in as good a condition as this season has allowed if he lines up.

Had the horse run in Aintree and Punchestown last year and missed his prep this year would people not be concerned because he would have raced 3 times in 16 months? No, the same reservations would be there because this season is a separate entity as such.

I'm not telling myself anything I want to hear, I don't need convincing to back a horse. I have frequently stated any reservations I have about the animal.

The 'correctness' of his price is subjective. If I believe on Tuesday that he is the most likely winner on the conditions I wouldn't have an issue backing him at 6/1.

If you are implying I said that you are incorrect, unsurprisingly once again. You keep up that masquerade.

Can we sticky this post along with a few from the value thread, the irony of Mr know it all berating the entire forum over and over and then this, I for one have just sprayed my water all over the keyboard :D

@BillEsdaile: Grandouet has been working very disappointingly recently and NJH has most likely 'run out of time' to get him ready for next Tuesday

At Least we now know theborderfox is talking thru his **** lol

Who is that fella Richie

So who else around here claims to have inside info from a top yard :D

Who is that fella Richie

City AM racing editor, just one of many I follow on twitter

By default im warming to Hurricane Fly.
    If he's still 2/1 with PP when i finish work i might have a gorilla on him :eek:

• Advertisement

Settling down again on betfair. Hope someone makes a statement soon

Edit, nope off again to mad prices

• Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭Huntley

Oh well. Probably just as gutted as I would have been had I had a couple of ton on.

Race is looking weak, even more so if the ground deteriorates with RoR becoming a non player.
    Can we sticky this post along with a few from the value thread, the irony of Mr know it all berating the entire forum over and over and then this, I for one have just sprayed my water all over the keyboard :D

I don't get it. I never definitively stated the horse would line up. Did you even read what you quoted? Maybe ask one of your 'colleagues' to read it to you if you are struggling to comprehend it.
    I'm not concerned about the horses well being, his lack of fitness may have been a concern but I have full faith that he will be in as good a condition as this season has allowed if he lines up.

Slattsy wrote: »
    If he's still 2/1 with PP when i finish work i might have a gorilla on him :eek:

15/8 with them now with Grandouet weakening

Oh well. Probably just as gutted as I would have been had I had a couple of ton on.

Are you now saying you haven't backed it

• Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭Huntley

Are you now saying you haven't backed it

I've always said that. Not that it makes much difference. I'd rather he ran on the day and was beaten rather than him not showing up with none of my money on.

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭faoile@n

Grandouet is a wreck physically

• Registered Users Posts: 6,014 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

Slattsy wrote: »

Have you not been saying for weeks that he's a stupid price and that 3/1 is the right price? Suddenly one horse looks to be withdrawn and 2/1 is now too big a price?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

Race is looking weak, even more so if the ground deteriorates with RoR becoming a non player.

I don't get it. I never definitively stated the horse would line up. Did you even read what you quoted? Maybe ask one of your 'colleagues' to read it to you if you are struggling to comprehend it.

I think you are very funny :D thank you for making my festival before it even begins!

So glad I took you off my ignore list for the giggles like :D

Hulk Hands wrote: »

Have you not been saying for weeks that he's a stupid price and that 3/1 is the right price? Suddenly one horse looks to be withdrawn and 2/1 is now too big a price?

The one horse I fancied to beat him.
    4th favourite now out. Bound to be backed off the boards. 2s would be value now. Stupid to think otherwise.

• Advertisement

We're all very quick to assume he is definitely out. His price has gone back into 13 (still very big) but are people reacting purely to what one fella said on twitter? Surely not?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement