Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jobs (asking/offering)

Options
  • 02-06-2009 12:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭

i there anything out there in the city?
    waitressing, cleaning hotel rooms?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭gary82

Nothing, unless you have a couple of years experience.

Employers are getting extremely picky. Even tried for a job in Subway and they wanted "2-3 years Subway experience!!" - clearly more to making rolls than I thought! :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭hopeful_girl

to make a sandwich :eek:

this worlds going crazy.

id love to live and work in town for the summer

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

gary82 wrote: »
    Nothing, unless you have a couple of years experience.

Employers are getting extremely picky. Even tried for a job in Subway and they wanted "2-3 years Subway experience!!" - clearly more to making rolls than I thought! :rolleyes:
    Only only need 6 months experience in being a sandwich to do the advertising though.

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭MattKid

My contract finishes at the end of the month, and I have no idea what I'm going to do. I'm sending my CV out to a couple of companies in the same industry, but can see me being homeless quite soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

Looking for work in Galway atm is quite depressing, just keep at it I guess

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

There are signs up in CURRYS for full time and part time work ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭hopeful_girl

nice :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,028 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

Hey all,

Giving back our rented house tomorrow and just after thinking the grass is probably pretty long.

Does anyone know someone to get in touch with about cutting the grass? Its a small area, couple of metre in the front and about 5m X 5m in the back. Even better if someone knows any young lads that are looking for a way to make some handy money. Its just off the Siobhan Mckenna road, looking onto the pitches beside dunnes.

Thanks in advance guys

I thought tenants were responsible for the inside of the house only - not the outside.

Still it would be nice to do it - I have no idea who could help.

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭CyberDave

If anybody knows of any Graphic Design jobs going in the Galway area, please let me know. Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭trailerparkboy

Times are tough alright but sure just chill out on the dole for the summer, who wants to be working in this heat anyway, relax get a few cans a nice suntan and just chill out on the beach:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭Asmodean

Nice statement my friend but I doubt the dole is going to cover any poor sods who are out of work and paying off on a mortgage etc

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭Sniipe

Times are tough alright but sure just chill out on the dole for the summer, who wants to be working in this heat anyway, relax get a few cans a nice suntan and just chill out on the beach:D

Personally I think that is a terrible attitude to have.
    1 you are leeching off the system
    2 are cans allowed on the beach?
    3 Suntanning can cause skin cancer!!

I know its hard to find a job. Be innovative, cut lawns, busk, deliver papers, tourist type things, odd jobs... (I'm talking about students here)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭trailerparkboy

Sniipe wrote: »
    Personally I think that is a terrible attitude to have.
    1 you are leeching off the system
    2 are cans allowed on the beach?
    3 Suntanning can cause skin cancer!!

I know its hard to find a job. Be innovative, cut lawns, busk, deliver papers, tourist type things, odd jobs... (I'm talking about students here)

Cut lawns are you mad? id prefer to be chillin with a few cans than working in the sunshine.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭onemorechance

Cut lawns are you mad? id prefer to be chillin with a few cans than working in the sunshine.

Hey man, if you can do it, do it! Being on the dole is tough but chillin at beach with some cans sure helps! That sounds great now as I sit in a hot office!

OR, you could collect dole AND cut lawns. Its a double win :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 585 ✭✭✭lisajane

I just thought il let people know about this, if you're looking for work.

Its the chemist beside dunnes. I passed it today and there is a notice on the window. I think its in the coffee shop upstairs.

Anyone know where the FAS building on nuns island is?

I went there yesterday and had a walk around but couldn't find it.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

Krieg wrote: »
    Anyone know where the FAS building on nuns island is?

I went there yesterday and had a walk around but couldn't find it.

I think this is where it is. It's hard to visualise things from a different perspective sometimes :) Basically walk around from the Cathedral car park heading towards the Bish school and as you cross the road it should be facing you over a little bit on your right hand side.

quick_map_1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Tony Almeida

Job coming up in the Skeff for a receptionist. Say you are willing to work any hours given.

• Advertisement

There is a public seminar on Thursday 10:30 (am) in the eyre square shopping center by the old wall. Advice on job seeking as well as talks from professors.

Those are the only details I have and not 100% sure if thats the location. Anyone else hear anything?

Also, boston scientific are hiring "soon"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭sgthighway

Krieg wrote: »
    Also, boston scientific are hiring "soon"
    There will be a big positive announcement tomorrow morning. It should be on the 11am local news ;)
    All the Head Dudes from Boston Scientific Globally are in Galway. The Taniste is going to be there and all the media including RTE are invited.

There is feck all space up there so hopefully they are expanding to another nearby site - my speculation only

ICE is the place to have your CV I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

Ot, but how do you put your own marks on a capture like that above? Do you have to use photoshop or something?

kraggy wrote: »
    Ot, but how do you put your own marks on a capture like that above? Do you have to use photoshop or something?

You can do it in paint. Just open the image in paint and you can use any of the various tools to circle whatever you wish.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,170 ✭✭✭Wompa1

I text a friend of mine whenever I saw a job vacancy in town...there has actually been a good few. 2 Jobs going in Hogans Petrol Station, Job going in the milkshake place(or there was), there were jobs in the Spar that re-opened. Job going in Currys. A couple of hotels were looking for receptionists and night porters. Lydon House Catering looking for the races. If you have a car Extra Vision in Tuam were looking. If you actually want a job and are worth a ****e there are some out there

• Registered Users Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭sgthighway

sgthighway wrote: »
    There will be a big positive announcement tomorrow morning. It should be on the 11am local news ;)
    All the Head Dudes from Boston Scientific Globally are in Galway. The Taniste is going to be there and all the media including RTE are invited.

There is feck all space up there so hopefully they are expanding to another nearby site - my speculation only

ICE is the place to have your CV I think.

A €91m investment in Galway along with 45 jobs was announced this morning. Most of the jobs will be in R&D but I do believe they will be hiring Product Builders in the next few months. They might offer any positions to people they let go in the last 6 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭MattKid

My Cv will be going to ICE today methinks

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

TKMaxx is opening in the new development on Prospect Hill later in the year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Thowl

I'm going to bump this thread to keep it fresh while I'm looking for a job ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭gary82

If any of you have good marketing/sales experience, I could have a small job for you. It'd be selling advertising space on a website, purely commission based but would be a quick job and a nice earner for the right person! ;)

Experience essential though. I have a list of contacts and don't want them used up by shoddy effort. Familiarity with SCUBA diving in Ireland also an advantage (scuba website).

Tried posting this on Adverts but they tried to charge even though it says on their Wiki that it's a completely free site. :mad:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement