Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

X Factor 2008

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

I usually just watch the auditions, most entertaining part IMO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Good to see the mentally challenged get some tv time.

Yeah, usually seeing people this retarded means charity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

Mossy Monk wrote: »
    Good to see the mentally challenged get some tv time.

on both sides of the glass.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

X Factor auditions are sheer quality. Watching it now. Nearly cried with laughter at one point.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Roses are red

X Factor auditions are very funny worth watching.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,581 ✭✭✭deisemum

Who cares about the singing, Dermot O'Leary is hot ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭rejkin

who actually won it last time?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭Fast_Mover

That Leon guy wasn't it?!!:confused:

Yeah, Leon, so my sister says.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

leon lewis is doing very well isn't she? i predict the black guy (house husband) will win,

see the former finalist who kept on mention he was there with cheryl trying to guilt her into voting for him, twat.

see holly willbourough on tv3 extra:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

tell a sob story when auditioning
    dont be fat and ugly
    win the series
    have a christmas number 1
    never be heard of again
    the end

• Registered Users Posts: 4,257 ✭✭✭SoupyNorman

The G/F is addicted to this crapola, however..

Danni, Cheryl and Fern REALLY ease the pain of watching.

Every year brings the same oul same oul...

"Ive been singing since I was Fetus, It's all I ever wanted to do"
    "Please Simon"
    "I'll be a success on my own"
    "I'm doing it for me mam"

The worst is the sob-stories *while a soft ballad plays in the backround*, of the single mother, whose kids stab her in the face on a daily basis, whose never tasted a MARS Bar, who was bullied (thats a given), prison, alcohol, drugs. Throw in some prostitution and bake for 45mins on Gas Mark 6...Queue the audition...awed silence...3 yeses and *The music Drops in and makes us all weep* (I weep nearly every time cos the song is usually a westlife number*....Meet my friend PAIN

• Registered Users Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

I loved these guys
    080816_g_antandseb.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 327 ✭✭d1975

Steve Brookstein won the first one in 2004 didn't get anywhere as one of the other judges said he looked like Fred West,

Shayne Ward won in 2005 he still is around

Leona Lewis won in 2006 she is still around

Leon Jackson won in 2007 his album is out in November why is it taken so long Leon the other 2 winners had more number 1s than you you just had a christmas no. 1 and then ya went hidding

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

d1975 wrote: »
    Steve Brookstein won the first one in 2004 didn't get anywhere as one of the other judges said he looked like Fred West,

Shayne Ward won in 2005 he still is around

Leona Lewis won in 2006 she is still around

Leon Jackson won in 2007 his album is out in November why is it taken so long Leon the other 2 winners had more number 1s than you you just had a christmas no. 1 and then ya went hidding

Leona Lewis went missing for a while. And that was done on purpose. Look at her now. She's sold millions. Maybe they're doing the same thing with Leon Jackson.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 954 ✭✭✭marti101

Did you see Dannii face even my kids mentioned it looked like plastic.Then Cheryl looks really pretty.She even disappeared for a while as there was only 3 judges she must have went and got more work done as her face looked to smooth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Namesco wrote: »
    I loved these guys
    080816_g_antandseb.jpg
    Aw in fairness, the guy who sang wasn't too bad. The other bloke ruined his chances. He. Was. Hilarious. Definitely not the full shilling...

I love the way they say stuff like "I'm gonna be bigger than Madonna". Not "I'd like to be as big as Madonna". Fantastic! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,657 ✭✭✭magnumlady

I think most of it is set up.
    I bet half the bad ones are actors.
    Really like the audition part (apart from the sob stories), I don't like the live show much though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭gordon_gekko

the x factor is 1st and foremost a tv show for itv , 2ndly a vechile for simon cowell to find and launch a new product for xmas and perhaps more

the freaks who can sing are tottally exploited , the reason they are is those people have been put though 2 previous rounds in front of producers of the show , not the 3 tv presenters , i know this because my sister auditioned , simon and co only turn up a few days later and only get to see about a tenth of the total number of people who audition , the freaks have there hopes built up by being put through , for entertainment purposes of course , always makes my angry when you see simon insincerly ask why did someone who clearly cant carry a note turn up for auditions when he knows damm well they were given the green light in 2 previous rounds

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,815 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Namesco wrote: »
    I loved these guys
    080816_g_antandseb.jpg
    If I get that video again in an e-mail, I may literally eat my own head!

It was very funny but oh so staged!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,257 ✭✭✭SoupyNorman

basquille wrote: »
    If I get that video again in an e-mail, I may literally eat my own head!

It was very funny but oh so staged!

And the stoopid cut scene of Simon walking through the lobby past the guys was assinine. The camera just happened to be following Simon through the main lobby.....me hole.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭MissHoneyBun

I think this show operates primarily to earn serious money for serious assholes at the expense of the average wannabe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

Its not the same without Sharon O.

I dont understand why Danni and Cheryl are judges

• Closed Accounts Posts: 954 ✭✭✭marti101

Actually i dont miss Sharon as she was to much of a primadonna always throwing a hissy fit when she didnt get her own way.I understand Cheryl being a judge as she has experience,thats the way she found fame and she is still in one of the biggest girlgroups.So she knows what the contestants are going through.But Dannii is another kettle of fish i just dont understand why she is a judge,her singing career[i use that term loosely]never really took off and as far as i know she really hasnt had a hit in years.I dont know maybe Simon thought she was prettty to look at.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭brettmirl

Danii really doesnt add anything to the show in my opinion. Replace her with a wax work and you prob wouldnt notice the difference. Cheryl seems to have a bit of personality at least.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

Auditions are funny but I hate how fake and sentimental it gets afterwards.#
    Can they not have just one contestant who's a good singer, goes on to win and says "I did this all for myself. For the money and the fame."

If you haven't had some personal tragedy, you're not good enough.

X Factor hopeful Alan Turner has been accused of lying to the judges at his audition.

The 23-year-old aspiring singer claimed that he had been in foster care since the age of four and was desperate to prove himself to his real parents.

"I'd just love it if they were to get in touch with me and to say they did want to see me," Alan explained on Saturday night's show. "I know it sounds a bit corny but I just want a real family - to know my real mam and real dad and just for them to say we love you no matter what."

The wannabe's father Alan Turner Snr has admitted that he is stunned by the story his son told on the show - as they spoke just five weeks ago.

"He has not been fostered. I have never signed any papers to have him fostered," Alan told The Mirror. "I was sat watching The X Factor when my son came on. I was shocked because I'd no idea he was on the show.

"I was even more shocked when I heard him say he had been fostered and wanted to find out who his real mum and dad were. I only spoke to him five weeks ago. I don't want to make a big deal about this because I don't want to cause problems for him - but the fact is he has told a lie. He's made himself look a bit of a clot."

Mr. Turner confirmed that he split from Alan's mother Debbie when his son was 18 months old and Alan was then brought up by his grandmother. Although they have not seen each other for five years, Turner claimed that he speaks to his son regularly on the phone.

"He calls me dad and always has. I'm baffled as to why he would say this in front of millions of people on telly," he said. "If he wants my support then I'm there."

I really hate when they tell a sob story for sympathy

that alan turner guy was hot

I thought he looked like a pikey.

The sob stories get on my tits big time, I doubt he was the only one lying.

• Advertisement

A bitchy war of words has broken out between X Factor judges Louis Walsh and Dannii Minogue.
    Louis claims the Aussie singer can't hit a note and has had plastic surgery.
    Dannii says he is like Dick Dastardly from 70s cartoon Wacky Races and he only gets attention by "sla**ing" her off.
    She told Closer magazine: "If it were the Wacky Races, Simon would be Muttley, Louis would be Dick Dastardly and I'd be Penelope Pitstop. They're always trying to say something to put me off."
    Dannii said: "He claimed that I ignored him and Sharon on last year's X Factor, and that I only talk to Simon. Er, no!"

Louis said: "Simon and Dannii have both had more (surgery) done since last year. I'm the only judge who's had nothing done."
    An insider said: "We're worried there's going to be a huge bust-up."

Let the war of words commence again

Advertisement