Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EA Sports UFC - Game

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,530 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

sheehy83 wrote: »
    I'm gonna upload my 3 round battle shortly, ya can have a look. Some close knockouts but neither of us could finish it.

Scratch that its taking 4 hours to upload a 12 minute vid, stupid eircom!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

So now that we've had a chance to play it.. Will any of you's rethink your Career mode fighter?

I either just found a special move or a brillint glitch

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭Carroller

Just put jones to sleep because he wouldn't tap :D

Carroller wrote: »
    Just put jones to sleep because he wouldn't tap :D

I'm still yet to sink a sub, think I'll try playing as Jones for a while. Anyone remember how to knee heads in the thai clinch? Also, can you move the other guy while holding him in the thai clinch?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,736 ✭✭✭peejay1986

Can't get my head around the ground game. Done the tutorials but it never seems to work as easily when in a fight. I can't react quick enough for the mini submission game either. Really hope I get to grips with this. Waited so long!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭Carroller

sheehy83 wrote: »
    I'm still yet to sink a sub, think I'll try playing as Jones for a while. Anyone remember how to knee heads in the thai clinch? Also, can you move the other guy while holding him in the thai clinch?

For the knee I think it's hold the movement stick away from the fighter and B or A. So many different ways to kick

Carroller wrote: »
    For the knee I think it's hold the movement stick away from the fighter and B or A. So many different ways to kick

Excellent, The clinch strikes are class, don't think you can move the guy though, like run him into the cage or anything.

I almost had a couple of subs finished but panic at the last L prompt and lose it, really liking the sub system. Just trying to lash into all of the different areas and focus on one at a time to learn the moves.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

I must be playing a different game to you boys. Way too fast paced, a million takedowns per round, and waaay too many strikes before you gas. Hopefully there's an option in the main game to make your conditioning more realistic. In a 3 round fight I landed 24 takedowns on Gustaffson
    Also, how many times have you seen a guy, on bottom, while the guy on top is in side control....and the guy on bottom magically flips you over to wind up on top? I've been watching MMA for the bones of ten years and have never seen it, yet it happens every two minutes in this game.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

dulux99 wrote: »
    I must be playing a different game to you boys. Way too fast paced, a million takedowns per round, and waaay too many strikes before you gas. Hopefully there's an option in the main game to make your conditioning more realistic. In a 3 round fight I landed 24 takedowns on Gustaffson

Yeah on easy mode, you wont be playing it on easy when you buy it and playing against someone online will be totally different. Really looking forward to this!

• Advertisement

Huge breakdown of the ground game by EA Devs, very handy.

http://www.easports.com/ufc/news-updates-gameplay/article/ea-sports-ufc-tips-and-tricks-submissions?utm_campaign=ufc-social-global-ic-fb-ufc-tipsandtricks-submissions-060614-fb-text-site-lnch&utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&sourceid=ufc-social-global-ic-fb-ufc-tipsandtricks-submissions-060614-fb-text-site-lnch&cid=22135&ts=1402026221297

All 28 subs (different positions) below:
    Back Mount- Rear Naked Choke, Armbar
    Back Side Mount - Kneebar
    Crucifix - Armbar
    Full Mount - Armbar, Gogoplata, Triangle Armbar
    Guard (Dominant) - Heel Hook
    Guard (Submissive) - Guillotine, Armbar, Omoplata, Triangle
    Half Guard (Dominant) - Arm Triangle, Kneebar
    Half Guard (Submissive) - Twister, Kimura from Half Guard
    North South - Windshield Wiper
    Rubber Guard - Gogoplata, Armbar
    Side Control (Dominant) - Kimura, Inverted Triangle
    Side Control (Submissive) - D'Arce Choke
    Side Saddle - Arm Triangle
    Sprawl - Japanese Necktie, Peruvian Necktie, Anaconda
    Stacked Guard - Heel Hook, Kneebar

How to performe a Crucifix on PS4
    Crucifix

**This move is performed from side controL**
    -If your fighter has side control from the right side-

Hold L1 and move the Right analog stick to the left and circle upward. (I believe its called a "skilled transition" when you press L1 and transition). You will notice you fighter has limb control.
    Next, move the right analog stick to the right, and circle upward again. Congrats, you now have a crucifix, and it is NASTY!

-If your fighter has side control on the left hand side-

Hold the L1 button and move the right analog stick to the right and circle upward. Once again, this give you limb control.
    Move the right analog stick to the left, and circle upward...

Finally got my 1st sub. I got jones in a reverse triangle, won the sub but didnt see him tap and He didn't go to sleep. Replay showed he dramatically tapped by stamping his feet. Some class sub moves in this, will definetly give my guy some ground skills to use em.

eas-ufc-connor-mcgregor-01.jpg

eas-ufc-connor-mcgregor-02.jpg

eas-ufc-daniel-cormier.jpg

eas-ufc-vitor-belfort-02.jpg

eas-ufc-alistair-overeem.jpg

eas-ufc-frankie-edgar.jpg

Double post

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭Howshocowpownw

Typical EA, really awful game. PS2 style Button mashing, rock em sock em robot fighting. Pretty pathetic considering this is "next gen". Can't believe how bad even the graphics are.

Fair play to them though. If people keep buying the rubbish they put out with madden, fifa and now MMA, why would you put money and effort into making the game good. Will be fun to give a bash for a few hours nothing more than that, certainly not worth buying.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Typical EA, really awful game. PS2 style Button mashing, rock em sock em robot fighting. Pretty pathetic considering this is "next gen". Can't believe how bad even the graphics are.

Fair play to them though. If people keep buying the rubbish they put out with madden, fifa and now MMA, why would you put money and effort into making the game good. Will be fun to give a bash for a few hours nothing more than that, certainly not worth buying.

Must..Troll..Harder :rolleyes:

Graphics are bad hahahaha

Anyway, the devs said the demo has overly aggressive ai and have toned it down for the full game. The ai, since on easy mode, rarely parries or dodges. If you try rock em sock em against a human or higher difficulty ai, then you'll gas and get KO'd quick. Played a huge amount of fights in the demo and learning the different moves in different positions, there is a lot to work with.

Best mma game I ever played although they have a lot to add in the next game like sprawls from blocking takedowns, subs from standing position, etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭Howshocowpownw

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    Must..Troll..Harder :rolleyes:

I love how everything is a Troll these days.

I'm really disappointed. I can't believe no analog striking, I mean JJ landed spinning back kicks and elbows to beat the band yet didn't knock me out and vice versa. Fight night I enjoyed, Felt more in control of what shots I was throwing and power shots felt powerful. I found the demo an Arcady rock em rock em robot type button mash.

Graphics didn't impressive me at all. The animations for landing shots was glitchy and just messy at times.

Just preordered it in Xtravision today, got 50 euro credit for Watch Dogs so just have to back it 15 quid, can't wait!

live stram of a guy playing career mode here

http://m.ustream.tv/channel/taporsnap1981-s-ps4-live-show

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭3wayswitch

Finally picked up a PS4 yesterday and downloaded it straight away. Was a little nervous with all the mixed reviews floating about but so far I'm loving it, the controls make a lot more sense to me than the previous UFC games and I've already pulled off more submissions in this demo than I ever did in UFC 3.

Pre-ordered it through the US PSN store for €36 due to some Amazon vouchers I didn't know I had so hopefully I should be playing it on the 17th :D

B@stard!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 19,149 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Crap! This comes out here tomorrow right? Because my Amazon order says "Release date June 20th. Expected delivery date June 20th".

I won't have it til the weekend!

Nope America tomorrow, Europe Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭PauloConn

Can't wait to see that fight in real life

• Registered Users Posts: 19,149 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Conor's eyes look dead. Am I being overly critical? I've just played the demo once or twice so not sure what the rest of the fighters are like.

MrStuffins wrote: »
    Conor's eyes look dead. Am I being overly critical? I've just played the demo once or twice so not sure what the rest of the fighters are like.

I guess next gen eyes don't exist yet :)

Career mode video showing create a fighter. You can use Gameface as well but haven't seen any pics or vids showing how good it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭3wayswitch

Game is downloading now, woo!. It only appears to be 3GB which seems bizarrely small :confused:

16j3kaf.jpg

Almost seems a shame I'm gonna spend the hottest day of the year inside playing a game :P

• Advertisement

You're some gowl man! Enjoy it, post up your thoughts if you can peel yourself away!

Also, The PSN store shows the file size as 16Gb's

Advertisement