Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Giro d'Italia 2014 - no discussion of current day stage, see spoiler rules in Charter

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭ugsparky

Brown is the new Black so maybe a combination of Black and ... no wait ... I'd suggest neutral shades and pastel colours ... nothing Black, Tan, Red, White, Blue, Green or Orange ... it's kinda leaning towards Pink isn't it ?

MPFG wrote: »
    i hate to break this to you ....but no were are not all Celtic fans...even deep down

Ha ... surely a mis-print or typo ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,606 ✭✭✭MPFG

letape wrote: »
    I did log on and as I said the event isn't showing up

Oops sorry

They might have returns so maybe worth finding out their policy ...or soemone might have a spare ...good luck

ugsparky wrote: »
    Ha ... surely a mis-print or typo ...

:pac:

I know allboardsie carry a pink hankerchief in their left upper breast pocket

I presume you will all be wearing blazers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,708 ✭✭✭Waitsian

lennymc wrote: »

Cool - the route is passing my house; I'll be able to watch it on TV then go outside as breakaway/peloton is coming round Crowe St. and they'll pass me shortly after. :D

• Advertisement

I hate to break this to you .... but no, were we're are not all Celtic fans...even deep down

:pac::pac::pac: ... enjoy the presentation MPFG ... if you are thinking of staying up there for the night try the Tara Lodge for B&B ... the Titanic Experience is good as is Paddy Campbell's Black Taxi Tour ... very interesting and thought provoking tour of Belfast from both sides of the community ...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

http://www.procyclingstats.com/race/138405-Giro-del-Trentino-2014-Stage-3-Mori-raquo-Roncone

Giro del Trentino spoilers
    Finish times make for interesting reading. Sir Wiggo absolutely nowhere, 4 minutes off Cadel in first place. Scarponi went well in 4th, and Deignan made the top 20 just under a minute down. Will watch the highlights later

ugsparky wrote: »
    :pac::pac::pac: ... enjoy the presentation MPFG ... if you are thinking of staying up there for the night try the Tara Lodge for B&B ... the Titanic Experience is good as is Paddy Campbell's Black Taxi Tour ... very interesting and thought provoking tour of Belfast from both sides of the community ...
    #

Thanks for all the info but not going to Belfast after all that ...Can't...... have a family thing on Saturday and live in London...major bummer

Going to Yorkshire for the Tour though

( and I noticed you corrected my typos ....another thing you'll catch Celtic fans doing on the sly :rolleyes:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭letape

http://www.procyclingstats.com/race/138405-Giro-del-Trentino-2014-Stage-3-Mori-raquo-Roncone

Giro del Trentino spoilers
    Finish times make for interesting reading. Sir Wiggo absolutely nowhere, 4 minutes off Cadel in first place. Scarponi went well in 4th, and Deignan made the top 20 just under a minute down. Will watch the highlights later
    Who was it a few weeks back that was saying that Scarponi was past it!

letape wrote: »
    Who was it a few weeks back that was saying that Scarponi was past it!

That was LUSK DOYLE ....LUSK DOYLE!!! ....you can't miss him

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

He did well today but he'd want to get at least a Top-5 finish in the GC in this before I consider him a serious candidate for top 5/10 in the real Giro. There's one stage left and it's an absolute monster climb.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,338 ✭✭✭Lusk_Doyle

That was LUSK DOYLE ....LUSK DOYLE!!! ....you can't miss him
    I was referring to grand tour scenario, not week long races.

Lusk_Doyle wrote: »
    I was referring to grand tour scenario, not week long races.

The question was posed in the context of GT form

• Registered Users Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭lennymc

The email from visit belfast says 8th may. im going to ring them tomorrow to confirm.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Crankymonkey

Wanna say thanx to those earlier who gave the link to the bit of the website that actually worked. Would not have tickets without that info. Was at work and did nothing 'til half twelve when got it sorted. Also had my partner doing it from her end. Absolutely would have been so gutted if didn't get these. Often check the threads(guess that makes me a lurker) but don't post-tho do on the cycling news forum. Will post here more. Live in belfast so shud have plenty of knowledge on where to go/do, if ur interested. Again, thanx to those on this forum:)

mod9maple wrote: »
    Cool - the route is passing my house; I'll be able to watch it on TV then go outside as breakaway/peloton is coming round Crowe St. and they'll pass me shortly after. :D

Are you going to chalk the road with riders names etc

Also have you lots of flags ???

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Crankymonkey

Round my way they're called flegs, & dere's loads of 'em;)

I'm all over the name writing outside my place!

The question was posed in the context of GT form

I know, but there was a questioning of my assessment of this person's capabilities in a GT having witnessed his performance in a much shorter race, hence my response.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,417 ✭✭✭finbarrk

What is the reason for the Pink jersey's and all the promotion of Pink for the Giro.

I have seen shops and places on route already decked out in pink...

Just wondering

Thanks

No Eurosport in your house? The Giro is Pink for donkey's years .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭bazermc

finbarrk wrote: »
    No Eurosport in your house? The Giro is Pink for donkey's years .

Leader of the Giro wears a Pink Jersey

Maglia Rosa

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

There's a pub in Drogheda, on the route of the Giro, called Mother Hughes.
    I passed it a few minutes ago. It's being painted a lovely shade of pink.

I wonder if the Bogside Artists could be convinced to do this again..

1.jpg

Eamonnator wrote: »

Photo ???

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

I was on my bike. I'll try and get a photo up later.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭wav1

Eamonnator wrote: »
    millmount being illuminated pink from next week.Would be nice to see the ''pink bull''over the well known watering hole also.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,596 ✭✭✭happytramp

"They can have their jersey if they must, but pink isn't a suitable colour for cyclists it's effeminate"
    - Mussolini, 1931

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Any spare tickets for the thursday nite knocking around?

• Advertisement

Email just sent out from the ticketing people, it's 4.00pm on the 8th that you have to collect your tickets by. There'll be additional translink rail and bus services after 8.30pm to get people home.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement