Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Giro d'Italia 2014 - no discussion of current day stage, see spoiler rules in Charter

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Cond0r

Eamonnator wrote: »
    A mate of mine has just been told, that all tickets are gone. Like me, he got onto site just before 9.00am.
    I'm still in queue. Still showing 00.00.00.

For fck sake, how is that possible?! Also still in queue, still 1.5hours estimated.

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭wpd

Got confirmation email for 2

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭ugsparky

they are acting the bo//ix ... guaranteed scam and the tickets have been given to the BT subscribers and prawn sandwich brigade ... meanwhile ... back in Dublin ... "what cycle race ... sure the Giro is in Spain surely" ? ...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

Hang in lads.
    Another friend just got two tickets

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Mariokk

I am on he mobile website, get all the way to selecting tickets, hit agree, hit confirm and pay and then boom, back to select again. Its been doing this for about 40 mins or more, meanwhile on the desktop im 1:36 in the queue with 1:30 estimated time remaining. Anyone else trying the mobile?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,429 ✭✭✭finbarrk

I just gave up after about 30 mins. Bet they will available on the day. Maybe for a few £s.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,606 ✭✭✭MPFG

finbarrk wrote: »
    I just gave up after about 30 mins. Bet they will available on the day. Maybe for a few £s.

Maybe they could have a bigger team presentation area and thus more tickets

Where is it BTW...near Titanic Belfast ???

finbarrk wrote: »

The site said that tickets not collected before 4pm on the day will be reallocated..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭lennymc

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Got to 2 hours waiting and then my connection died...Ugggh.

• Advertisement

lennymc wrote: »

Wow, the finish looks quite tricky. Up North Wall Quay, u-turn onto City Quay, into Lombard St, Westland Row and finally Merrion Street Upper? Should be exciting to watch!

Got to 2 hours waiting and then my connection died...Ugggh.

Mine has just dropped. F//k it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭marvin80

lennymc wrote: »

Great stuff, thanks Lennymc

• Registered Users Posts: 2,991 ✭✭✭el tel

Mariokk wrote: »
    I am on he mobile website, get all the way to selecting tickets, hit agree, hit confirm and pay and then boom, back to select again. Its been doing this for about 40 mins or more, meanwhile on the desktop im 1:36 in the queue with 1:30 estimated time remaining. Anyone else trying the mobile?

Pay? Are they not supposed to be free?

Anyone interested in seeing the stage pass through Castlebellingham - I live quite close by and I can give some info on vantage points - easy back road directions etc - not sure if there is a bonus sprint through Castlebellingham/Kilsaran - it's an uphill drag before a fairly long straight along the old N1 - if i can help anyone PM me ... but still no luck on the Belfast tickets ... they're gone at this stage surely :-(

Edit: It's a feeding station - that will add to the mix - it looks crazy from what i've seen on the TV

Still in the queue.

"02:27:41 Actual Time" "Estimated 1:30:00"

Get back on lads quickly - I just got 2 tickets - the basket time went up to 6 mins - put quantity 2 "select" - continue - confirm ... printed it off and I'm looking at it - good luck

ugsparky wrote: »
    Get back on lads quickly - I just got 2 tickets - the basket time went up to 6 mins - put quantity 2 "select" - continue - confirm ... printed it off and I'm looking at it - good luck

Jaysus, what the hell? Had you closed the initial sessions?

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭slfcarro5

Got tickets there myself. Just started a new session. Had no waiting time or anything.

slfcarro5 wrote: »
    Got tickets there myself. Just started a new session. Had no waiting time or anything.

I reckon this is a ploy to get people to drop out of the queue so you get bumped! :P

• Advertisement

Cond0r wrote: »
    Jaysus, what the hell? Had you closed the initial sessions?

basket time kept running out ... and then 6 mins ... then it just worked :) ... keep trying Cond0r ... try opening a new tab whilst leaving the original open ...

... and I tried several times starting back at 1:30 waiting but got through in mins then the procedure as I said - no bull5hit ... if the basket time expires you're wasting your time waiting

What a joke, opened a new session from the link in the e-mail, straight down to 16mins, now down to 1min.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Gerry1962

What is the reason for the Pink jersey's and all the promotion of Pink for the Giro.

I have seen shops and places on route already decked out in pink...

Just wondering

Thanks

What is the reason for the Pink jersey's and all the promotion of Pink for the Giro.

I have seen shops and places on route already decked out in pink...

Just wondering

Thanks

Gay Pride

Wow, so it seems that the link from the visit-belfast.com main page doesn't actually go to the right place.

The link from the e-mail works though, as does:
    http://gotobelfast.iristickets.co.uk/en/buy-step-1/989.html

Ridiculous.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Wow, so it seems that the link from the visit-belfast.com main page doesn't actually go to the right place.

Ridiculous.

Well spotted, I'd never have copped that.

Got two tickets now, if anybody misses out I may have one to spare.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭death1234567

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭Daithi BC

Ridiculous.

Thanks for posting that. Having waited nearly 3 hours on the link from the Visit Belfast website, I managed to get my two tickets from the gotobelfast link within 10 minutes.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement