Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anxiety and/or depression discussion.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭fiftythree

fr336 wrote: »
    She's so cute and twinkly eyed..seems really nice too (and not in an annoying way). I can't explain it but on first impressions I just have a good feeling about her.

And a bad sleep causes all my issues!

good luck with the girl:)
    you have the weekend now to get a better sleep routine,
    i sometimes get so out of synch i need to allnighter to realign.
    think i am on a weird 25/26 hour cycle

• Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

fiftythree wrote: »
    good luck with the girl:)
    you have the weekend now to get a better sleep routine,
    i sometimes get so out of synch i need to allnighter to realign.
    think i am on a weird 25/26 hour cycle

Haha I've been trying to get a better sleep routine for quite some time. Diet and exercise is key.

cloudatlas wrote: »
    A while ago I was having issues with the place I was staying. I moved out and I'm much happier now. The only thing I'm still worrying about is my unstable work situation but I'm working on it. I'm going out a lot and meeting people. I'm not expecting dramatic change anymore, I'm giving myself a break, I know I'm trying my best and sometimes that's all we can do.

you're doing well. at least there's only one major worry and keeping life ticking over in other aspects is great instead of it affecting everything.
    bad accommodation is a nightmare.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 650 ✭✭✭handbagmad

I've just eaten amongst other things an entire cake.
    I'm so disgusting

• Registered Users Posts: 1,725 ✭✭✭CZ 453

handbagmad wrote: »
    I'm so disgusting

No. You just love cake. Like us all. But you're not great for sharing :mad:

• Advertisement

I'm so disgusting

respect:cool:
    cake is brilliant.

Shezer there's a few crumbs left ;)

But Christ on a bike me belly is in bits.

Suppose binge is over nothing can be done.

Shezer there's a few crumbs left ;)

But Christ on a bike me belly is in bits.

Suppose binge is over nothing can be done.

All that can be done now is to put up the feet and let the digestive system go to work.

So, let us pray. We are gathered here to mourn the passing of the cake to its new life....

shezer wrote: »
    All that can be done now is to put up the feet and let the digestive system go to work.

So, let us pray. We are gathered here to mourn the passing of the cake to its new life....

also to pray for the poor soul of the digestive system for which the cake must pass through ..... Bluegh

and the quagmire or gauntlet that is handbagmads intestine

• Advertisement

Hypothetical, Crazy Question- Would you take an anxiety disorder or poverty?

Hypothetical, Crazy Question- Would you take an anxiety disorder or poverty(of the third world kind)?

I'd delete this post if it was me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭greenfrogs

I have a CBT session tomorrow and I failed miserably with the homework. It is just so frustrating. I want to have more friends but I am actually driving people away. And I just can't stop my behaviour. And then I feel like this one person in particular is annoyed or doesn't like me. And I end up driving them away because I become quite intense. Why can't I stop it?
    Sometimes I don't know if I have depression or anxiety or both? Can you identify the parts of you that are due to depression or anxiety if that even makes sense.

greenfrogs wrote: »
    I have a CBT session tomorrow and I failed miserably with the homework. It is just so frustrating. I want to have more friends but I am actually driving people away. And I just can't stop my behaviour. And then I feel like this one person in particular is annoyed or doesn't like me. And I end up driving them away because I become quite intense. Why can't I stop it?
    Sometimes I don't know if I have depression or anxiety or both? Can you identify the parts of you that are due to depression or anxiety if that even makes sense.

There are many facets or ways of identifying an anxiety disorder. What you are describing above sounds like anxiety.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭greenfrogs

There are many facets or ways of identifying an anxiety disorder. What you are describing above sounds like anxiety.

Yah I think that you may be right. On the medical certs I get from my doctor is does state anxiety as the reason that I can not work. However depression is usually what the doctor and counsellor speak about. I will talk about it with the therapist tomorrow. It's interesting because I am just beginning to familiarise with anxiety (through this thread mainly) and that I may have been having panic attacks.

Too many pages to photograph and upload.

The following are the types and can be googled- You may fit into one or more of the following
    Panic Attacks
    Panic Disorder
    Specific Phobias
    Social Anxiety and Phobia
    Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder
    Post-traumatic Stress Disorder
    Generalized Anxiety Disorder

• Registered Users Posts: 25 noturdrudealer

I've been depressed since I was about 13 and I am 24 now.

Only told my doctor about it two years ago and I feel like it's too late for me to make new friends.

I am very shy and also have anxiety problems.

I am in college with two buddies that I did a course with two years ago. I wouldn't really call them friends. One only talks to me at college and the other only texts, calls if he wants something.

I just feel like I will never make friends since the only time I go out theses days is to go to college.

One of these days I'm going to write such a long essay here. Of how I got better, more than better, and how everyone else here can too. In some ways I'm lower than ever, but I know I can get this sorted in a matter of weeks, hell even a matter of days. Admittedly I don't believe my condition to be as serious as many here, however the symptoms seem to be on the same kind of awful level. Really hope I'm able to do it and get back to you when I do.

I've been depressed since I was about 13 and I am 24 now.

Only told my doctor about it two years ago and I feel like it's too late for me to make new friends.

I am very shy and also have anxiety problems.

I am in college with two buddies that I did a course with two years ago. I wouldn't really call them friends. One only talks to me at college and the other only texts, calls if he wants something.

I just feel like I will never make friends since the only time I go out theses days is to go to college.

Why not create other opportunities to meet people? Sports? Other shared interest? Job you actually have a passion for? The world is not as limited as the average Joe would make out, it is there to be grabbed and life is for living I think people on the whole limit themselves far too much to an artificial idea of what makes a life.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 noturdrudealer

Why not create other opportunities to meet people? Sports? Other shared interest? Job you actually have a passion for? The world is not as limited as the average Joe would make out, it is there to be grabbed and life is for living I think people on the whole limit themselves far too much to an artificial idea of what makes a life.

Only thing I can think of that I like is Computers and gaming and I gotten bored by them.

• Advertisement

hello guys how are you all doing?
    halloween. humbug.
    i have just had a twit in a super mario costume and trainers throw a beer bottle at me as i was going in the front door.
    he missed. he didnt even smash the bottle it was a low shot and skipped up the road like a stone on a lake. the real mario would never miss.
    this imposter was too drunk to aim.
    i'd like to see him do that on his own sober with none of his laughing friends around and his parents watching.
    drunken zombies.
    i told him he was great and better luck next time.he mumbled a few sounds and staggered against a wall.
    how do you all feel about this kind of stuff?
    it doesnt bother me much, random idiots? as far as anxiety is concerned?
    would be more worried about real situations where i know people.
    i'm ok with random cretins.

I get more angry than anxious when it comes to people :p

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

christ, I doubt I'd control my anger in the moment and probably run at the cnut automatically try and get a dig in (stupid thing to do but the idea of scrotes getting away with that sort of basic abuse would make my blood boil all evening).

Im usually peaceful unless stirred!

I get more angry than anxious when it comes to people :p

i get that, angry with the general public and their ignorance and filth.
    more get anxious when it is someone i have some kind of genuine reason to interact with.family/work/college etc.

i feel sorry for the hospital staff who have to treat that super mario later.
    and they will.

christ, I doubt I'd control my anger in the moment and probably run at the cnut automatically try and get a dig in (stupid thing to do but the idea of scrotes getting away with that sort of basic abuse would make my blood boil all evening).

Im usually peaceful unless stirred!

couldn't be bothered doing that at the moment though i would have in the past.
    also he had luigi, batman, and there was some kind of odd creature in adidas shorts and a werewolf mask urinating against the wall with him so i don't reckon
    i could take on that kind of super-army on my own.
    hope they feel a million dollars in the morning and have all their valuables intact and no criminal convictions. charming lads.

I have to agree with call me jimmy,
    I think that plonker would have felt the wrath of a swift kick in the crown jewels :D

I too am quiet, but can flare up the temper

I have to agree with call me jimmy,
    I think that plonker would have felt the wrath of a swift kick in the crown jewels :D

I too am quiet, but can flare up the temper

he'll get his valuables knocked inside him later no doubt off somebody more able than me.
    i wouldn't retaliate with just myself against a crowd of that sort of vermin.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

yea it's easy to say from behind a keyboard, if they were in any way physically superior to me (not difficult) I'd do a quick 180 and peg it, knees high running like a boss down the middle of the street. peep out at them through the letterbox - squinty eyes job!

yea it's easy to say from behind a keyboard, if they were in any way physically superior to me (not difficult) I'd do a quick 180 and peg it, knees high running like a boss down the middle of the street. peep out at them through the letterbox - squinty eyes job!

:D Best to just shoot a pal in the leg and let them take the beating

• Advertisement

well they were all locked and all physically smaller than me and one was busy urinating but still,
    it didn't even enter my mind to bate them.
    they had bottles and numbers and i didn't want to end up injured.
    if they actually hit me with the bottle i would have probably gone at them
    but they seemed too pathetic after missing by a few car lengths.
    my point was really do you feel any anxiety about random idiots?
    i don't. though in other cases i am awful with it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement