Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. [US] ** Spoilers **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60,362 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

What I did find interesting was at the bottom of that Variety piece on Marvel's Most Wanted was this.
    But with “SHIELD” coming back for Season 3, in addition to “Agent Carter” returning for Season 2, there’s still a large Marvel appetite at ABC. Also in the works at the network is a top-secret Marvel project helmed by “American Crime” creator John Ridley

http://variety.com/2015/tv/news/marvel-mockingbird-spinoff-series-most-wanted-adrianne-palicki-nick-blood-abc-1201574713/

So that is another series in the works.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

American tv means American stories sadly that they way it is and always will be I think.
    I totally agree, but you might have taken up my point incorrectly - my point was to someone who said they would like to see a British Marvel show; so my question was "what's the British Marvel stock"?

Like you'd need a story at least set in Britain to get a British Marvel show.

I totally agree, but you might have taken up my point incorrectly - my point was to someone who said they would like to see a British Marvel show; so my question was "what's the British Marvel stock"?

Like you'd need a story at least set in Britain to get a British Marvel show.

Sorry I did take you up wrong way. :o

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

I think now more than ever, particularly with international 'stations' such as Netflix working with Marvel, there's an opportunity to broaden the scope of Marvel's stories to be truly global; the films are making a killing worldwide & TV national boundaries simply don't exist in the same way they used to. To me it's more of a question of 'why not?'

We'll watch American stories but would it go the other way?
    They need the American audience, to justify the budget

• Advertisement

We'll watch American stories but would it go the other way?
    They need the American audience, to justify the budget

I think if the BBC were to do Captain Britain it could translate to a US audience in the same way Doctor Who does but it would have to have that whole BBC Saturday evening quirk to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,539 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

I think if the BBC were to do Captain Britain it could translate to a US audience in the same way Doctor Who does but it would have to have that whole BBC Saturday evening quirk to it.

Wasn't he involved with Excailbur? So they could throw in Nightcrawler to give the series a bit more recognisability, that might help bring in American viewers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Wasn't he involved with Excailbur? So they could throw in Nightcrawler to give the series a bit more recognisability, that might help bring in American viewers.

Nightcrawer is own by Fox and at a guess I would say Captain Britain as well unless there is a Quicksilver type grey area.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,908 ✭✭✭Brief_Lives

Isn't FOX trying to develop some sort of tv show aswell..?

Captain Britain I think is still under Marvel control but a lot of the excalibur characters would fall under FOX control.

Captain Britain and MI13 would be cool having a way to reintroduce Blade back into the MCU and it would work great better as a series than a film.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

+1

Also thanks to a growing Nerd-chic community in the US (thanks to @Nerdist aka Chris Hardwick) and others, Dr. Who and other classic British shows are getting a massive audience in the US.

I heard Paul Rudd talking about growing up the child of English parents in the US and a lot of his base for comedy is Faulty Towers and that ilk.

+1

Also thanks to a growing Nerd-chic community in the US (thanks to @Nerdist aka Chris Hardwick) and others, Dr. Who and other classic British shows are getting a massive audience in the US.

I heard Paul Rudd talking about growing up the child of English parents in the US and a lot of his base for comedy is Faulty Towers and that ilk.

Hulu is also playing a huge part as well there is a section on Hulu dedicated to British shows it's also one of the few places you can watch all episodes of Doctor Who Classic and New.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

pixelburp wrote: »
    Sorry but Bobbi and Hunter are one of the reasons I thought this show went off the boil again; a dreadful pair of uninteresting characters who don't really have the chops to carry a whole show - the 'Joey' syndrome if you will :D Honestly, I never got to the end of Season 2, and that incessantly bickering pair of twits went a long way towards that inertia.

bobbi is painful alright, a bad addition in my books, also completely unnecessary, she added noting to the show, we already had May and Skye, and May would eat bobbi for lunch, so she didnt add any thing in a kicking butt way, hunter i liked though, once bobbis not around,
    Isn't FOX trying to develop some sort of tv show aswell..?

their developing an X-Men series, but they own the rights to that, marvel dont own the right to X-Men anymore, but i believe FOX are working with Marvel to develop the show,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭TheGoldenAges

It would have been awesome to see a Marvel tv show based on Wakanda and Black Panther. There could be whole plotlines behind vibranium mining and foreign agitators like Hydra and Leviathan trying to infiltrate the country, the country's isolation from the rest of the world and we could have seen, King T'Chaka etc. Also the visuals would have been nothing we've ever seen in the Marvel universe

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

Fox have film rights not TV rights so there is behind the scenes talks about getting permission . it its like the Spiderman Animated show. Marvel can make that without Sony's permission because its TV

The relationship between Fox and Marvel hasn't been great and perhaps the reason why we haven't seen an X men animated show in years ...

don ramo wrote: »

their developing an X-Men series, but they own the rights to that, marvel dont own the right to X-Men anymore, but i believe FOX are working with Marvel to develop the show,

FOX only have the Film rights, not TV

FOX only have the Film rights, not TV
    still cant make a tv show without both of them working together,

DUBSMASH WARS For Charity

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

I love those DUBSMASH videos :D

• Registered Users Posts: 28,854 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

To the death!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,913 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

I've just caught up on AoS after abandoning it a few episodes in. I couldn't quite bring myself to watch the earlier stuff so I just jumped in at the episode that parallels TWS. It certainly improved massively on the utter bilge that the series started out as and Skye became a better character although she still demonstrated her use to SHIELD as a great hacker by finding videos on Twitter every now and then. Unlike most of the posters here, I really like Mockingbird and think Adrienne Palicki is great as her. I like her relationship with Hunter, I mean it's cheesey shít that we've all seen a 1000 times before but both characters are likeable and have great chemistry. I also enjoy Mack although it was beyond farcical that he and Tripp could barely survive half a season together. Not quite as bad as The Walking Dead for killing the black guy as soon as the new black guy appears on screen but still such a cliche. Separating Fitz and Simmons was such a good idea. I had detested the whole Rosencrantz and Guidenstern thing they had going on in the first series. It was awful. Apart they've both grown into their own characters and Fitz in particular has become enjoyable to watch. But the award for MVP has to go to Kyle McLachlan, he was magnificent. He chewed the scenery up and had such a great time doing it that I couldn't help but adore watching him. His story was also well written going from believing himself to be a monster (and the audience along with him) to the realisation that he was just another victim of the real monster who had manipulated him more than anyone.

I think the spin-off series would be a mistake for several reasons. I like Hunter and Bobbi and would enjoy AoS an awful lot less without them in it. AoS needs to be an ensemble show. It works better when Skye and Coulson are less prominent and the other characters share more of the screen time and have their own important storylines. I like Clarke Gregg and I enjoy how he plays Coulson but he is an actor who works better when playing off a strong lead than being the lead. The show buckles when he is the one to carry it, especially when the other lead actor is Chloe Bennet who just isn't strong enough an actor to be leading a show either. Their scenes together are painful. I don't see any of their supposed chemistry, I don't see why Coulson liked her so much in the first place or why he likes her quite as much as he does now. I really hope that the third season sees those two fade back a bit and let other characters come more to the fore it will be a better show for it. Let the other characters grow and Clarke Gregg can then play really well off them, instead of the show pushing for a Buffy/Giles relationship between Skye and Coulson that just doesn't work.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,905 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D. Season Three: Ward Is The New Baddie, Daisy And Mack Teaming Up

http://mcuexchange.com/agents-of-s-h-i-e-l-d-season-three-ward-is-the-new-baddie-daisy-and-mack-teaming-up/

Agent Carter's DubSmash video is up now. This is the site for the dubsmash war
    https://www.crowdrise.com/dubsmashwars

Also Lincoln's code is supposedly SparkPlug

My god she is gorgeous... And Hayley Atwell isn't too bad either

• Registered Users Posts: 12,861 ✭✭✭✭flazio

looking forward to seeing whats in store for season 3, which i think is gonna be a big build up to Captain America Civil War, and the inhumans films in 2 years time,

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

don ramo wrote: »

looking forward to seeing whats in store for season 3, which i think is gonna be a big build up to Captain America Civil War, and the inhumans films in 2 years time,

That Meta Human guy at the start of the Trailer is the Lad who plays Gustavo in Narcos. Escobar's No.2 .Great Actor.

• Advertisement

Promo poster.
    agents-01-435-top-152022.jpg

Advertisement