Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. [US] ** Spoilers **

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

I wonder what the story is with Mac and Bobby?

If I had to guess myself, perhaps it's a long-term tie in with Captain America 3, which
    supposedly will involve Captain A. fighting Iron Man / Tony Stark. Perhaps Mac and Bobbi are spies for Stark Industries, trying to get their hands on SHIELD tech. while it still flounders around the plughole. That would certainly put them on a collision course with both Coulson and Cap.

As to the episode, it was OK, seemed like a bit of wheel spinning to establish the immediate aftermath of the mid-season finale. Nothing really happened beyond a lot of angst and Skye doing her best lip-wobbling. The prosthetics work for Raina was pretty stellar though, I didn't think they'd fully commit to a properly mutated look.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

There really was a lot happening without much actually happening if that makes sense.

For me thats always the sign of something good going on laying the ground work for future episodes/films.

except that coulson just took out all of HYDRAS hierarchy in one swoop, gonna be interesting to see what happens them now, will coulson start reacquiring stolen facilities, and getting SHIELD back to somewhat full functionality
    As they have the next few movies all mapped out already Age of Ultron, Thor Ragnarock and ultimately Civil War lots of ground work will be getting done in the tv shows again, Fury gave control to Agent Coulson but I do think he still has an eye on him maybe it is Mack and Bobby could be something entirely different going on too though.

dont forget the Inhumans film :p

one thing i thought when this show started was that it would be a good investment, it got off to a slow start, but i knew a bigger plan was in place, this is one of a few shows where ratings dont really matter, there is such a bigger plan in place that this show will easily run for 7 seasons plus, its just such a great launch vehicle for the larger Marvel universe that their building, disney has to much invested in the MCU to worry about a show that costs probably 100-120 million dollars a year to make, and can be used so well in the bigger scheme of things,

• Registered Users Posts: 60,367 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

don ramo wrote: »
    except that coulson just took out all of HYDRAS hierarchy in one swoop, gonna be interesting to see what happens them now, will coulson start reacquiring stolen facilities, and getting SHIELD back to somewhat full functionality

Was that just not one cell as in the North America's leadership Hydra group.

Simmons will be interesting going forward the hate is strong in her now.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,093 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Baron Von Strucker would say NEIN to that theory.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭youngblood

Now thats how you open with a mid season break!
    Def felt more of a Cap 3/Civil War thing

Excellent episode!

Was that just not one cell as in the North America's leadership Hydra group.
    maybe, but daniel whitehall was HYDRAS leader leader, wasnt he, or have i missed something, and the bunch who met were all talking about each of them taking over from him, so to me they would be fairly senior members of the organisation,

not saying the whole organisation will simply fall, but i do think coulson has done a good bit or damage to them, maybe it could just be one cell in the north american branch, but i dont think so myself,

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

maybe, but daniel whitehall was HYDRAS leader leader, wasnt he, or have i missed something, and the bunch who met were all talking about each of them taking over from him, so to me they would be fairly senior members of the organisation,

not saying the whole organisation will simply fall, but i do think coulson has done a good bit or damage to them, maybe it could just be one cell in the north american branch, but i dont think so myself,

Baron von Strukcer seems to be the head honcho.

No he answered to someone who will be in Avengers.

Don't forget Whitehall was in prison for decades so there is no way he was the leader of Hydra.

He was given freedom to do as he wanted because he went after artifacts.

No he answered to someone who will be in Avengers.

Don't forget Whitehall was in prison for decades so there is no way he was the leader of Hydra.

He was given freedom to do as he wanted because he went after artifacts.
    yeah true i suppose, but hasnt he been out for a while, he killed skyes mother over 20 years ago, but yeah hes not the leader, but was it ever explained what it is he was in charge of, so coulson took out his cell, how much damage has that done, or do we even know,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,771 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

if you wanted to find out more would you then not shoot that guy in the head, he was one of the seven wasn't he?

if you wanted to find out more would you then not shoot that guy in the head, he was one of the seven wasn't he?

He was and I agree shooting him was strange.

But for me what this episode was
    Is the beginning of sides being talken that will lead to Civil War.The divides in the group are shown or hinted at strongly.
    I wonder will that shooting play a part.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,382 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

I found the change of attitude to wanting to kill raina by Gemma, kinda sudden and out of character to be honest. maybe it was just me but i felt they just changed her character too much too quickly in that episode, where she is basically saying they are all a disease, i felt that was out of sorts for her established character in earlier episodes.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,834 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I found the change of attitude to wanting to kill raina by Gemma, kinda sudden and out of character to be honest. maybe it was just me but i felt they just changed her character too much too quickly in that episode, where she is basically saying they are all a disease, i felt that was out of sorts for her established character in earlier episodes.

Possibly being undercover in Hydra for so long, coupled with the amount of danger they've faced over the last 2 seasons, the death of Trip, and the way it's making Coulson change (they knew him a lot longer than Skye, and he's gone from calm, cool and collected to angry, harsh and authoritative), maybe it's all just after bubbling up. I can see why she's changed, and it may have been better to have been fleshed out a bit more, but they only have about 7/9 more episodes to change her mind again!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

Jeph Loeb and Jed Whedon discuss whether Coulson's play against Hydra in the mid season première means the end of the organisation as a threat:
    "Hydra's always been played as — or at least we've been playing it in modern times as — they're almost like cells and there's a lot of them and as they always say, you cut off one head and many more grow," said executive producer Jeph Loeb. "In our mind, this was an impressive feat Coulson pulled off, but it doesn't necessarily mean that Hydra is done."

"Will they ever be done?" wondered executive producer Jed Whedon. "Their logo's too cool to ever go away."

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭flazio

I like this episode. I'll be curious to see where the Skye Fitz story is going. And what's going to happen to Ward. No sign of him this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

Okay. But for readers of the comics, we do know a lot. We know that she is
    an Inhuman
    . I apologise though; I know that a lot of people watching the show don't read the comics.

You're quite alright, as it's handy if there any questions on it, if you don't mind. I take it that no-one was sure who'd be Daisy/Quake in the mid season finale ep?
    Did her father get his powers the same way?
    Is there similar stories that are yet to unfold in the show later on?
    Apart from the comics, where else can you read about it, thanks.
    SoftMicro wrote: »
    I don't think so. I think it's a one off

So i take it it, it wasn't gonna get renewed anyway?
    flazio wrote: »
    I like this episode. I'll be curious to see where the Skye Fitz story is going. And what's going to happen to Ward. No sign of him this week.

It's found a better time slot instead of 5pm on a Sunday to sit down & watch it (again)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭flazio

It's found a better time slot instead of 5pm on a Sunday to sit down & watch it (again)
    Having said that, I reckon that the blood shots after Raina attacked the technicians might not make the Channel 4 edit.

So much in this episode the MCU ground work laying is amazing.

So much in this episode the MCU ground work laying is amazing.
    yeah a pretty big info dump last night, and still managing to make it a brilliant episode overall,

did skye walk out in the end, i wonder if the other inhumans know about skye, will raina tell them that a second person turned with her,

must say im starting to take a disliking to some (most really) of the team the way their just turning on skye, whos clearly more worried about whats happening than anyone else, its a wonder lady sif and the kree fella didnt convince then to look at skye to give some kind of indication as to how she can handle her powers of something,

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 224 ✭✭SoftMicro

did skye walk out in the end,

Nah, she went to the interrogation room to stay, probably thinking she can't hurt anyone from there

Loki is posing as Odin at least at this time as seen in the last Thor movie. This might explain why Lady Sif was really after a Kree. As already said lots of ground work here and not just for the Inhuman storyline but Civil War too, Mack and Bobby aren't Hydra but could they be working for A.I.M. ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

You're quite alright, as it's handy if there any questions on it, if you don't mind. I take it that no-one was sure who'd be Daisy/Quake in the mid season finale ep?
    Did her father get his powers the same way?
    Is there similar stories that are yet to unfold in the show later on?
    Apart from the comics, where else can you read about it, thanks.
    There wasn't really any indication that Quake specifically would be introduced in the show. All Inhumans get their powers from the terrigen mist (that is to say, the t mist catalyses the change).

No idea what Inhuman stories they'll go with but I'd imagine they'll save the big stuff for the movie and keep it fairly low level for the show.

I guess you could look up stuff on wiki...

Loki is posing as Odin at least at this time as seen in the last Thor movie. This might explain why Lady Sif was really after a Kree. As already said lots of ground work here and not just for the Inhuman storyline but Civil War too, Mack and Bobby aren't Hydra but could they be working for A.I.M. ?

I'm thinking
    S.W.O.R.D. because of all the Aliens no involved.

I read a marvel comic recently called Secret War, Skyes character(Daisy) is in it as a SHIELD agent not an Inhuman.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

I read a marvel comic recently called Secret War, Skyes character(Daisy) is in it as a SHIELD agent not an Inhuman.

Yeah the only thing Skye has in common with comic book Daisy is her powers and her father.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,986 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

Yeah the only thing Skye has in common with comic book Daisy is her powers and her father.

I used to think Skye was a stupid name but a grown woman called Daisy sounds worse. disappointed they didn't continue with Raina's story this week it was sort of a cliff hanger at the end of the last episode.

I used to think Skye was a stupid name but a grown woman called Daisy sounds worse. disappointed they didn't continue with Raina's story this week it was sort of a cliff hanger at the end of the last episode.

I too, wanted to see if they give her a costume and also see where they are going with the blind guy
    The Reader
    , he has potential to be very interesting. All the talk between Sif and the kree guy seemed to be focused on how the transformation in the cave has turned Skye and Raina into weapons now, Raina will embrace this rather than reject it like Skye has/will.

SoftMicro wrote: »
    Nah, she went to the interrogation room to stay, probably thinking she can't hurt anyone from there
    haha i only posted that about an hour after i watched it, christ my memory is getting worse

• Advertisement

I'm thinking
    S.W.O.R.D. because of all the Aliens no involved.

Was just about to post that. Makes perfect sense and would tie in Nova Core and Guardians

Advertisement