Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Just General Chat About WoT

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭BigEejit

I love e25 :D. Was doing mission in platton with buddy. Needed to get 100 damage and kill 1 Heavy. I actually almost ran out of bullets lol!
    Mastery in a popular tank like e25 is doing very well congrats.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,334 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

I'll need to post up my Foch 155 game from yesterday; Ace badge on a loss getting 1973 exp but sadly my team of suicidal lemmings failed as expected.

Spear wrote: »
    http://ftr.wot-news.com/2015/01/15/9-6-supertest-patchnotes/

Ouch, it's the across the board viewrange nerf for all TDs that was talked about a few months back.

Very last line of that =
    - fixed some client freezes and crashes

Nody wrote: »
    I'll need to post up my Foch 155 game from yesterday; Ace badge on a loss getting 1973 exp but sadly my team of suicidal lemmings failed as expected.
    Personal missions are causing all sorts of idiot behaviour ... we had a unicum guy yesterday dead inside 2 minutes, all he said in chat was "mission"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭Dillonb3

Working my way up the french heavy line at the minute currently on the B1 but had a surprising encounter with jingles earlier in one game. Match was a loss but got ace tanker and managed to kill him, he was driving sexton arty

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭magick

Dillonb3 wrote: »
    Working my way up the french heavy line at the minute currently on the B1 but had a surprising encounter with jingles earlier in one game. Match was a loss but got ace tanker and managed to kill him, he was driving sexton arty

Congrats on killing Jingles, many will say the French line isnt worth it, I must I found it to be really fun. Now I will admit i didnt like the BDR, but Loved the ARL. Im currently on the Amx. One thing ive learned is that they really are support tanks and not brawlers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

I hate french Heavy line with a passion. I am on tier 7 one now and it starts to get a little bit better.

Me and 2 buddies went for some games in T34 platoon. All night disaster. MM just ****s us and drops us only in to tier 10 games. Got pissed off and called it a day.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,510 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

I hate french Heavy line with a passion. I am on tier 7 one now and it starts to get a little bit better.

Me and 2 buddies went for some games in T34 platoon. All night disaster. MM just ****s us and drops us only in to tier 10 games. Got pissed off and called it a day.

Stay the course, it does change drastically, and for the better, with the AMX 50-100.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,334 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

The French line is probably among WoTs more extreme examples of role reversals; early tiers it's all armor and no damage which do a 180 halfway up the tree. It's similar to how the original UK TD line were all armor and fast guns until tier X when it became no armor and slow gun.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

Have always wanted to start the french heavies, but only wanna start at the m4 and that is WAY too much free xp to use.

i had my french arty crew with 3 skills sitting in the barracks for eyars, so took two of them and bought my self the elc amx for doin light missions alongside my chinese lights... very strange tank... turret traverse is only like 25 degrees either side. but its very fast and so low.

i still have my 3 skill french td crew there, might as well start te french heavies at some stage, doubt i will go back to the ac 48 at any stage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Aenaes

Personal Missions are on the back burner for now as I try the Winter Mode. It's kind of enjoyable, it's nice not having to worry about winning or losing but the sounds are getting annoying.

With the missions offering experience to boost the crew and the crews being re-trained in future it's pretty nice.

With the release of Update 9.6, the crew will be retrained automatically:

Mammoth crew - to T110E5.
    Arctic Fox crew - to LTTB.
    Polar Bear crew - to AMX 50 Foch (155).

I already have T110E5, so that crew might be going into T57 in the future. I'm currently at MT-25 and S35CA on the other two lines so the crews are handy.

heres a question, have you or would you sell a tier 10 tank.

i have bought and sold is4 twice! such a pos.

rage sold the m48 patton about 2 years ago, had a win rate of about 44%. i rebought it few months ago and have been doing well in it, got my wr up to about 53%.

i wanna buy the obj140 this week and the 3.5 million credits would leave me NOT bankrupt.

an interview with serb around xmas he said they were going to buff it but unsure how.

seeing as though credits are easy enough to make it back up, would you keep the patton and hope for a buff this year? some people say never sell a tier 10 regardless..

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,510 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

It'll cost you more in the long term if you ever rebuy the M48. I certainly kept mine, even if it's a poor tier 10 medium. But even poor tier 10 mediums have other uses such as the recent WZ-111 mission, or the IMs. I'd say grind the credits, or target the missions to make the credits. The alternative is to spend more time later grinding more credits should you wish to rebuy the M48.

yeh i suppose thats true, could cost me another 6 mill credits to re buy it once buffed.

suppose ill keep it, more i thought about it i really didnt wanna sell it!!

Well my rule when it comes to my garage:

Keep everything above tier 8. If its fun or Iconic tank and below tier 8, then keep it too.

I am done and dont play anymore IS-8, IS-3, Tiger I, Tiger II, Hellcat, but I keep them as I like them to be a part of my garage.

I've always regarded anything below tier 10 as nothing more than a stepping stone to the next one, to be sold and not returned to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

I keep my bison as its so easy to hit low tier idiots and go for the slaughter. Only problem is running out of ammo.

Changing the subject somewhat...

When I started out with the AMX 13-75, it was disastrous. Given how much other tanks depend upon lights to do a good job, I've always steered clear of them rather than sabotage everyone else.

But then came the WZ-111 mission and the IMs, so I returned to it after a hiatus of at least a year.

Having focussed on mediums more than heavies in the recent past, I've been applying the lessons of mediums to it. The end result is that I've often come top in damage and XP in tier 10 games, often running out of ammo when doing so.

I can't tell whether this makes be terrible or great at light tanks. But a 71% win rate in it suggests the latter.

simlar experience in my vk3001d, its regarded as a meh tier 6 medium. somehow it works for me and i can dominate games in it. everyone has a tank they just click with, mine took me 3 years to find lol.

circ used to love his hellcat. quickybaby loves the comet or cromwell, cant remember which.

• Advertisement

There's some tanks I've done well with yet never noticed it. A good example was the M26 Pershing. I had a WN8 of 2400 and a 59.2% win rate. Yet I can't recall any oustanding game or performances in it, and only dimly recall it as being pedestrian. Similalarly for the Panther 2 where I had a 64% winrate, yet I'm left with the same impressions of it.

yeh its always the tanks u dont realise your grind is finished that are the most fun.

just bought is7 for missions, meh so far. tried it on test tonight and loved it.. so far 2 bad games in it. .grrr

ok, 6 games in, 4 wins and amstery badge 1. its a v good tank but does rely on its team. armor is mostly negated by gold spammers.

gun handles ok with my 4 skill is4 crew.

tried the e100 on test and my word the gun is a troll.

Tried out the winter game missions this morning; ended up with 10 "wins" . Now let me clarify that; you see there's no difference if you win or lose in the normal term of the word or compared to the normal games. The only thing that matters is if you score the required damage (1700 light, 2500 heavy or 3300 TD) to get the bonus (1500 crew exp, 1500 exp, 10k credit). Same bonus win or lose; if you win and did not deal the required damage you get nothing and loss a few credits on shells (60 shells on the TD which lasted me 3 or 4 games cost 560 silver).

This also adds a bit of a stupid dynamic that once you've hit your required damage there's no incentive to win or deal more damage because it has no meaning except shortening the game slightly and as the secondary mission is dependent on doing X damage 25 times there is once again no incentive to care... Also if my napkin calculations are correct if you do the 125 "wins" for the secondary mission on one tank only you'll end up just completing the second skill by a hair (8.2k exp left)

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭VikingG

Actually if you play in a platoon you get 2.5k extra if your platoon does 15k damage... which is quite doable... given that the games take 3 to 4 minutes ... it is the fastest way I have ever seen to skill up a crew.
    I am just short of completing the 2nd skill after 70 games.

LAst few days are just fecking horrible. Its like I am beating boy for everyone.

Just last game in E75 made me just turn of Wot. less then 2 minutes in I get spoted by yolo scout, and few seconds later I get suitcases coming from object 261. Well, I only lost 40% of my health, I can still do something. Nope. Batchat just unloads a clip in to my side and I am back in garage.... **** this.

I know my e75 is Stock, but WTF. I am getting penetraded even by passing wind. I dont get it. Every time I was encountering e75 it was like a steel wall, but when I a, driving it, it is paper thing cup.

every tank feels like that. so hard to kill, then you get one and get killed easily lol.

so, 4 days in and i got my ace in is7 after 34 games:
    shot_028.jpg

• Advertisement

So the WT E-100 is to go, and the replacement is a WT Panther with a long 150mm instead. Sounds a bit more like the FV 215b (183).

No armour though. Hopefully it's either got decent camouflage or good accuracy with the proposed long barrel. Otherwise it will just be a weak FV which would be a pointless shame.

They removing it? Crap, I never had a chance to have a shhhhpin in it. :( I am still only on Borsik.

They removing it? Crap, I never had a chance to have a shhhhpin in it. :( I am still only on Borsik.

You've time yet. How long ago did they promise to replace the FV4202.....

go test server

• Advertisement

Aenaes wrote: »
    No armour though. Hopefully it's either got decent camouflage or good accuracy with the proposed long barrel. Otherwise it will just be a weak FV which would be a pointless shame.
    Well seeing how the second UK TD is I'd not hold my breath to be honest but at least I still got the JagdPzE100 as tanky TD...

On the note of changing though; the new GWE100 being 340 or 405mm? Seriously how they heck are they going to balance that? T92 is bad enough (between reload & accuracy and on the receiving end for splash & damage) but this will bring it up to a whole new level...

Nody wrote: »
    Well seeing how the second UK TD is I'd not hold my breath to be honest but at least I still got the JagdPzE100 as tanky TD...

On the note of changing though; the new GWE100 being 340 or 405mm? Seriously how they heck are they going to balance that? T92 is bad enough (between reload & accuracy and on the receiving end for splash & damage) but this will bring it up to a whole new level...
    What are they doing with the gw e100? I came very damn close to selling it last night :eek: haven't played it in ages.

Also bought object 704 and its slow and turns badly.... i always thought it was faster than this dammit :mad:

BigEejit wrote: »
    What are they doing with the gw e100? I came very damn close to selling it last night :eek: haven't played it in ages.
    Sorry should be 305 or 420mm; details are here; basically they found new documentation to replace the fantasy verrsion (GW-E100) with a real spg; same things as they are doing with Waffen.
    Also bought object 704 and its slow and turns badly.... i always thought it was faster than this dammit :mad:
    Have you top engine and tracks because I can't recall it being slow; not medium/LT fast but not a lumbering block of lead ala Maus or T28.

yeh agree with the 704, its fairly nimble for a turretless td. not foch fast but decent.

Crew can make a big difference to mobility. It sounds like you just bought it back recently, did you get a new crew for it?

**** it, gonna sell the sLowe tonight and buy the leo pta.

i hardly ever play it, even though its the ebst credit maker its so boring compared to is6 (troll gun, can miss from 10 metres) and jag 8.8

indien panzer i found very good.. might even keep it.

The PTA is an archetypal glass cannon. There's no armour to it, a bounce off it is unusual, so you'll need to always seek to avoid exposing yourself to fire in it. Like the other western tier 9 mediums, it gets a copy of the L7 105mm, so good pen and damage once it's unlocked. But even with the 90mm bordkannone from the Indienpanzer, it has an excellent firerate, with a reload around 5 seconds.

Aenaes wrote: »
    Crew can make a big difference to mobility. It sounds like you just bought it back recently, did you get a new crew for it?
    nah, its my ISU crew retrained. I haven't unlocked the 704's tracks yet, and only 81% clutch braking. I do have a 100% camo on driver as well so might drop both and set clutch braking as 100% and camo as 81%.

Consider using a Large Repair Kit with Leopard PTA. Someone will de-track you and your ammo rack will get damaged.

lol i remember QBs review from about a year ago and he was saying its the only tank he has ever taken two repair kits rather than repair and fire ext!

it gets the indiens gun with better stats, faster reload and better aim time, and i see a good few tier 10 games in my indien, so confident i can grind the 60k for the gun without too much hassle!! have enough free xp for either suspension or engine straight away.

decided against selling the lowe lol. i have 1.6 million credits and only need 2.5 for pta thanks to top of the tree. should have that by weekend.

• Advertisement

Spear wrote: »

820.jpeg

Thats actually one of the lines I would love to dig in myself. Not going to happen soon though.

pta is giant ammoack. twice a game im averaging lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭VikingG

9.6 up and running... 750 Mb download.. now to get my mods

Well, so whats your opinion on new bullet spread thing? I have to say, that I did not noticed anything brutal just yet.

I free exp'ed to Grill arty last night. Had a platoon going with buddy for ****s and giggles. Still managed to do 4 or 5 missions. We had a lot of fun, but sorry, after playing arty now, I can just confirm my opinion: Arty players are just fecking clickers with feck all skill and only there to piss you off! :pac:
    I will just do my missions for arty and I doubt I will ever play much of it, unless we decide to play a few games on "drunk night".

Well, so whats your opinion on new bullet spread thing? I have to say, that I did not noticed anything brutal just yet.

I free exp'ed to Grill arty last night. Had a platoon going with buddy for ****s and giggles. Still managed to do 4 or 5 missions. We had a lot of fun, but sorry, after playing arty now, I can just confirm my opinion: Arty players are just fecking clickers with feck all skill and only there to piss you off! :pac:
    I will just do my missions for arty and I doubt I will ever play much of it, unless we decide to play a few games on "drunk night".
    When you can consistently hit a light/medium tank doing 30+ km an hour and swinging with a blind shot I'd disagree ;). Arty has low entry in the sense everyone can easily click a tanks sitting still but the skilled once will do those crazy shots (and I like to pride myself on getting them relatively often if the shell don't go completely wonky to where I aim) and got quite a few people complaining I'm a hacker (no, I'm simply quite good on predicting where you tank was going to be).

As Nody said, if you sit in a bush and get wtfbbq'd then you cant blame the fecking arty.

I'll also agree with Nody about the point about calculating where the enemy medium that is going somewhere will be in 2 seconds, extra smug mode points if its a blind shot. Not many of the so called clickers can do that.

You know when you have played a good game when multiple players on the enemy team are calling you a hacker/clicker or telling you to go and fornicate etc.

But in reality for every enemy calling you a clicker there is two on your own team saying you are useless etc.

BigEejit wrote: »
    But in reality for every enemy calling you a clicker there is two on your own team saying you are useless etc.
    I love those, I had a game with like 3 kills and 2k damage and I was told I'm a useless n00b who should uninstall by a guy who rushed in and died in 1 min...

Prediction shooting is just a thing that most gamers do, specially the ones who play snipers in first person shooters. The nature of Arty play is still based on 99% of actual luck. Dont understand me wrong, I have pulled some awesome prediction shots and some awesome blind shots, but I would put it down to luck, not skill.
    Now I am playing only low lever arty, I can only imagine how stupidly easy it is to do same thing when you got a gun doing 5billion damage and has splash radius of the moon etc. :pac:

Sorry lads, but all arty can burn in hell, even if it will catch you in fire! :p

• Advertisement

i would have to agree with dshadow, re bought the hummel and my k/d ratio is 3.4 per game. such a noob game style! it rarely misses

Advertisement