Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arrow [The CW] [** Spoilers **]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,189 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Anyone else think the black archer is Thea?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

Anyone else think the black archer is Thea?
    no, cause sara would have been a bit more surprised to see thea dressed as an archer, it was someone she knew and trusted, cause she was surprised to see them, but wasnt threatened by them,

and thea looks to still be in training,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,100 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Alright episode but finally we see
    RA'S AL GHUL !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Will they ever stop making Roy Harper do those stupid unnecessary flips:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭StaticAge11

Will they ever stop making Roy Harper do those stupid unnecessary flips:rolleyes:

I actually laughed at that scene. He does the unnessesary flip, then Nyssa takes him down so easily, as if she was brushing a fly off her arm.
    What do you guys think Thea is at? They are hardly building her up to be the big bad this season?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,708 ✭✭✭squonk

A very sucky episode I thought. Oliver's desire not to kill has suddenly turned into a vow! When did that happen? He got close enough to Merlin to plant a tracker on him and could have killed him but didn't. I really couldn't blame Nissa for blowing a fuse at that. Aside from Merlin pretty much deserving to be killed as he's likely to be a constant source of trouble, he has also killed 500 odd people as well. Aside from that, you'd have to believe he would be well able to disable the tracker, which he did in due course. Oliver came across as naïve and, all things being told, looking fairly lightweight in the whole thing. I'd have been less peeved if he did decide he needed to kill Merlin but circumstances conspired to save him at the last minute. What was worse was Diggle felt Merlin needed to be gotten rid of and the crack team's idea was to let Nissa do it. What a cop out. If you're an avenger and if you decide that someone warranted to be killed, have the balls to do it yourself or just pack up your hood and arrow and go back to being a playboy. I really don't think I can take Arrow seriously anymore. I wish they'd wind the show up now and give Nissa her own show, or do a League of Assassins show or something. Anything is better than mopey, drippey Oliver Queen and his vow!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,284 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Since he made his vow to kill, he has killed Vertigo when he threatened Felicity. So he'll kill if he has to

Some promo pics for next week's episode contains image of what
    Felicity looked like in college
    http://ie.ign.com/articles/2014/11/01/arrow-felicity-smoak-goes-goth

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,606 ✭✭✭pah

Some promo pics for next week's episode contains image of what
    Felicity looked like in college
    http://ie.ign.com/articles/2014/11/01/arrow-felicity-smoak-goes-goth

Holy crap Mother and daughter sandwich please

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

squonk wrote: »
    A very sucky episode I thought. Oliver's desire not to kill has suddenly turned into a vow! When did that happen? He got close enough to Merlin to plant a tracker on him and could have killed him but didn't. I really couldn't blame Nissa for blowing a fuse at that. Aside from Merlin pretty much deserving to be killed as he's likely to be a constant source of trouble, he has also killed 500 odd people as well. Aside from that, you'd have to believe he would be well able to disable the tracker, which he did in due course. Oliver came across as naïve and, all things being told, looking fairly lightweight in the whole thing. I'd have been less peeved if he did decide he needed to kill Merlin but circumstances conspired to save him at the last minute. What was worse was Diggle felt Merlin needed to be gotten rid of and the crack team's idea was to let Nissa do it. What a cop out. If you're an avenger and if you decide that someone warranted to be killed, have the balls to do it yourself or just pack up your hood and arrow and go back to being a playboy. I really don't think I can take Arrow seriously anymore. I wish they'd wind the show up now and give Nissa her own show, or do a League of Assassins show or something. Anything is better than mopey, drippey Oliver Queen and his vow!

Could not agree more with this.

And could someone please kill laurel lance, for a DA she has no brains in her head!

• Advertisement

Mc Love wrote: »
    Could not agree more with this.

And could someone please kill laurel lance, for a DA she has no brains in her head!

Can't stand laurel either especially whenever she is in the arrow cave

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,974 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

Actually finding myself cringing at the fight scenes. It had promise but now i think its become awful.

Nuts102 wrote: »
    Actually finding myself cringing at the fight scenes. It had promise but now i think its become awful.

And partly the reason because everyone knows who the arrow is! Plus I hate the lines at the start of the show, how he is back to save his city. Could have done with saving his family first.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,974 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

Mc Love wrote: »
    And partly the reason because everyone knows who the arrow is! Plus I hate the lines at the start of the show, how he is back to save his city. Could have done with saving his family first.

The catchphrase of you have failed this City is doing my head in also. It's one of these shows i liked and sticking with it even though i am half watching it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

This season is awful so far. Season 2 was great but they're retreading old ground at this stage. The team is also too big now with Laurel in on the act. I agree she needs to buy the farm asap but she almost certainly won't ever, which is greatly annoying. Less Roy would be good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

This show started losing steam the end of last year and am bit concerned at the start of this season. Oliver is obviously trying to draw out Ra's al Ghul by protecting Malcolm. But I'm more annoyed with Thea for supporting her father knowing what he did. She is so messed up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,881 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Non blonde Felicity pictures! spoiler from the next episode.

Felicity picture spoiler

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Something has been bugging me. In the first series. Oliver and Tommy visit teh nightclub of some guy who hates Oliver. He and his thugs start a fight and Laurel comes in a rescues them. She knows self defence quite proficiently.

So why now does she need to start learning this fighting stuff? And how the heck did a drunk guy kick her ass when she managed 3 nightclub bodyguards? Did Sara's death knock her off practice or something. :confused:

Was wondering that myself. It was shown that she had fighting skills already.

• Advertisement

I don't think there's any mystery to it; I think it's just bad planning, writing, continuity, etc. Possible spoilers ahead: Laurel is supposed to be the Black Canary so they were obviously setting that up at the start, then decided to go a different way with it. Now they're obviously planning on having her become BC as some sort of 'tribute' to Sara so they need her to be able to fight again but have ****ing forgotten somehow that they'd already set that up so they have to go back for some reason JESUS THIS SHOW IS SO ANNOYING SOMETIMES!!!!!!

*ahem*

Great episode but That ending, WOW.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

good episode ending was cool I thought it was going to turn out that it was
    Thea
    but this I prefer

Given up on this show, its just gone downhill very very fast.

Was hoping to see Michael Holt what with Brother Eye popping up and all, seems they are really screwed up on Character Arcs and are just drawing names out at random, ending was awesome though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭tvnutz

Can't see what everyone is complaining about, its probably not as good as last season but the show is what it is, and its enjoyable.

Wasn't expecting that ending, opens up a whole can of worms if Roy definitely killed Sarah.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,881 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Goth Felicity and her Vegas Mother were well worth 42 mintues of my life today.

It's just a dream. Roy's being exposed to chemical stuffs before. So the hallucination/fear angle could be used. It'd be awesome if he did kill her and possibly even ended up being the big bad because that'd be something different. Still doubt it.

Laurel's turn to become black canary just isn't working at all. Oliver's story is taking on water. Diggle's effectively a baby sitter. Thea is currently the only plot development I've interest in. Superman guy is a bit intriguing too.

Having said all that still find the episodes watchable. Very much enjoyed last night's one. Just a little worried Smallville 2.0 is happening.

tvnutz wrote: »
    Can't see what everyone is complaining about, its probably not as good as last season but the show is what it is, and its enjoyable.

Wasn't expecting that ending, opens up a whole can of worms if
    Roy definitely killed Sarah.

FYP

Turtwig wrote: »
    It's just a dream. Roy's being exposed to chemical stuffs before. So the hallucination/fear angle could be used. It'd be awesome if he did kill her and possibly even ended up being the big bad because that'd be something different. Still doubt it.

Laurel's turn to become black canary just isn't working at all. Oliver's story is taking on water. Diggle's effectively a baby sitter. Thea is currently the only plot development I've interest in. Superman guy is a bit intriguing too.

Having said all that still find the episodes watchable. Very much enjoyed last night's one. Just a little worried Smallville 2.0 is happening.

He could be remembering when he killed the cop while on the Mirakuru rage .
    Also they finally sorted Diggle out with something to hide his identity

FYP

No spoiler tags needed after episode has aired. ROY HAS A DREAM ABOUT KILLING SARAH

• Advertisement

tvnutz wrote: »
    No spoiler tags needed after episode has aired. ROY HAS A DREAM ABOUT KILLING SARAH

WHY ARE WE SHOUTING?

Turtwig wrote: »
    WHY ARE WE SHOUTING?

Just emphasising a point. People can't seem to read the thread titles in this forum. It says US, it says spoilers, the episode has aired, you don't use spoiler tags, its annoying. Unless it has to do with an unaired future episode, not spoiler tags, so people b!tching about them is annoying.

Was trying to think who goth Felicity reminded me of. At first I thought was Fairuza Balk but then realised it was Lindsay Fonseca, though dunno how I got them mixed up.

As for Roy, at least that ending explains why he's been so useless this season. Seems to only fire one arrow then stands and stares.

Promo for next 2 episodes with first glimpse of
    Cupid, Wildcat, Captain Boomerang and Katana

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

funny with felicity only being able to do 5 sit ups, when she is fit as hell and i dont mean attractiveness:D,

also with roy maybe killing BC, this could be a massive spoiler if they do go down this path, but in the comics
    roy is replaced by a clone shortly after being exposed to the mirikuru
    , and it looks like this may be the path their taking,

that was a very solid episode, but im still not seeing any signs of a big bad for the season,

don ramo wrote: »
    funny with felicity only being able to do 5 sit ups, when she is fit as hell and i dont mean attractiveness:D,

I just assumed it wasn't her first set. :)

Better episode this week. The revelation of Roy being Sara's killer is a good one. I don't agree with people saying it was 'just a dream'; I reckon that's the road they're taking with him, though probably somewhat indirectly (mind control, mirikuru etc). Diggle finally wears a mask, thank jaysus. Felicity was great as usual, Oliver was lame as usual. Show needs more Brandon Routh; easily the most charismatic actor they have. A love story between him and Felicity would be good watching. If Olly can stop being such a dumb, whiney prick, the show would be a lot better. I want to watch a show about the hero; not the moany bitch he is for the 99% of the time he's not doing something worthwhile.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭StaticAge11

What if they are building Roy up to be the killer, resulting in his expulsion from team Arrow, and Thea takes over as Red Arrow? My prediction, could be completely wrong

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,943 ✭✭✭smcgiff

So, have binge watched all the episodes of arrow over the last few weeks. Very enjoyable.

I thought season 1 was all kinds of awesome, best TV ever kind of thing. I thought the show dived as soon as Sarah returned, plus Malcolm surviving although I like his Character (and can look beyond the Fabulous Darling I know the actor to be).

I think Felicity is grand looking and fair play to audience power as she clearly got an enhanced role due to feedback, I just don't think she's billionaire playboy hot. Therefore I don't get Oliver and Felicity, there's zero chemistry IMO.

But enjoying the show still, and will start to contribute to the thread now that I've caught up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭DeWitt

Love it and I couldn't be happier.
    Never particularly liked Sara's Canary costume. This one is a lot more practical.
    Katie looks great too. I'm not the worlds biggest Laurel fan but credit where credit's due the girl is putting in her hours. She's ripped.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,783 ✭✭✭Mark Hamill

I wonder
    is she going to get the Canary Cry power from the comics

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭DeWitt

I wonder
    is she going to get the Canary Cry power from the comics
    Funny you should say that, because Katie Cassidy did an interview recently where she said Laurel comes into play in the FLASH episode crossover.
    Could it be Laurel becomes one of the meta humans? Sonic scream and all?

Alright episode, and I was right about what Roy was remembering. Diggle seems to be using that mask now and we finally got the boxing glove arrow.
    It was cool how they linked Cupid into the episode by having her in the crowd outside Wildcat's gym and walking behind the van before Wildcat got arrested.

Yeah saw her and she did stand out so assumed she was involved.

Ollie's got such a great way with people: "Well the good news is you didn't kill Sara..."

Am wondering will we get a crossover again with The Flash seeing as General Eiling was in the most recent episode and he and Amanda Waller along with Lex Luthor and many others form Cadmus the group who clone Roy, got a laugh out of Ollie calling Roy Arsenal.

Am wondering will we get a crossover again with The Flash seeing as General Eiling was in the most recent episode and he and Amanda Waller along with Lex Luthor and many others form Cadmus the group who clone Roy, got a laugh out of Ollie calling Roy Arsenal.

Well Clancy Brown has signed up for a recurring role on the Flash so he will definitely show up again. I don't think he will show up in Arrow but you never know.There is a crossover event in 3 weeks time with The Flash and has Team Arrow turn up in Central City.

Well Clancy Brown has signed up for a recurring role on the Flash so he will definitely show up again. I don't think he will show up in Arrow but you never know.There is a crossover event in 3 weeks time with The Flash and has Team Arrow turn up in Central City.

hope I didn't spoil the plot then.

hope I didn't spoil the plot then.

Nah, there has been no news of when he is appearing again and the crossover deals with
    Captain boomerang and Rainbow Raider
    I can't see Cadmus happening for a while and I doubt Lex Luthor will ever appear in Arrow or Flash, and wasn't the Roy Harper Clone story from Young Justice ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

The nutty professor was on tv tonight (not my choice!) and I swear I saw a very young Diggle briefly in a scene in a comedy club, plus Fish from Gotham as the love interest.

Advertisement