Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arrow [The CW] [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,902 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Well, as a wise man once said "Sheeeeeeeeit".
    Didn't see that coming. If anything I was worried about Diggle because he had a daughter and seemed happy. Never a good thing in a show where main characters can die.

So Superman is buying Queen Consolidated.

Were those black arrows? I assume at least attempting to frame Merlyn. And nice touch tying in the Flash scene.

From the trailer for next week's episode it looks like it could be Komodo but I think it's going to be a while before we find out who did it.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,836 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I don't watch the trailers to avoid spoilers. I plan on watching the episode anyway so no need to watch anything to convince me to watch the episode

Pretty good episode with some class action scenes.

So not Komodo and Merlin's away elsewhere, who could it be?

Good episode. Felt the flashbacks were out of place this week as they took us out of the main story.

And hope if Thea's going to be trained in the series that Willa Holland has actually trained for the part like Ollie and Sara. Not because she should, but more because this show spoils us in the action when they're trained.

Anyone else think when they're wearing the motorcycle helmets they just look really strange. I know it's a helmet and all, but it just makes it look like they have a massive head on the body.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,947 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

I think it was one of the league of assassins, Nyssa or the dad, who killed her. I hope they are not going to dredge another villain from Ollie's past to the main villain for this season, that would seem like a rethread of last season.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

Only two eps in and this season is already boring and annoying. They need to knock the flashbacks on the head at this stage; it's not an effective way of storytelling.
    Sara's death
    was hugely satisfying though because
    she was a prick

• Registered Users Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

Only two eps in and this season is already boring and annoying. They need to knock the flashbacks on the head at this stage; it's not an effective way of storytelling.
    Sara's death
    was hugely satisfying though because
    she was a prick
    i dont think she was a prick, just badly assembled by the writers, when she got 3 arrows through her i didnt really care, i wasnt really invested in the character and i we had already said goodbye to her last year when she left with talia, who for some odd reason didnt show up in this episode,

the flashbacks are effective to a point, i dont expect such a big shift in the flashbacks to go smoothly, hopefully once ollie starts co-operating with ARGUS the storyline with get more interesting, and hes going on missions for amanda and whatnot, becoming who he was when we first met him, i expect that hell be getting involved with the russian mob in season 4 or 5, when he somehow breaks away from ARGUS, or even while hes still working for them,

Casting News
    Vinnie Jones has been cast as Brick and will be in episodes 10 to 12
    http://comicbook.com/2014/10/20/arrow-casts-vinnie-jones-as-brick/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Vinnie Jones has been cast as Brick and will be in episodes 10 to 12
    http://comicbook.com/2014/10/20/arrow-casts-vinnie-jones-as-brick/
    Id rather you didn't post things like this tbh.Its grand talking about previously aired episodes but personally i don't want to know who or what will be in future episodes.

Id rather you didn't post things like this tbh.Its grand talking about previously aired episodes but personally i don't want to know who or what will be in future episodes.

Edited my post with spoiler tags and will do so for future casting news

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,093 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Anyone else think the black archer is Thea?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

Anyone else think the black archer is Thea?
    no, cause sara would have been a bit more surprised to see thea dressed as an archer, it was someone she knew and trusted, cause she was surprised to see them, but wasnt threatened by them,

and thea looks to still be in training,

Alright episode but finally we see
    RA'S AL GHUL !!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Will they ever stop making Roy Harper do those stupid unnecessary flips:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭StaticAge11

Will they ever stop making Roy Harper do those stupid unnecessary flips:rolleyes:

I actually laughed at that scene. He does the unnessesary flip, then Nyssa takes him down so easily, as if she was brushing a fly off her arm.
    What do you guys think Thea is at? They are hardly building her up to be the big bad this season?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,541 ✭✭✭squonk

A very sucky episode I thought. Oliver's desire not to kill has suddenly turned into a vow! When did that happen? He got close enough to Merlin to plant a tracker on him and could have killed him but didn't. I really couldn't blame Nissa for blowing a fuse at that. Aside from Merlin pretty much deserving to be killed as he's likely to be a constant source of trouble, he has also killed 500 odd people as well. Aside from that, you'd have to believe he would be well able to disable the tracker, which he did in due course. Oliver came across as naïve and, all things being told, looking fairly lightweight in the whole thing. I'd have been less peeved if he did decide he needed to kill Merlin but circumstances conspired to save him at the last minute. What was worse was Diggle felt Merlin needed to be gotten rid of and the crack team's idea was to let Nissa do it. What a cop out. If you're an avenger and if you decide that someone warranted to be killed, have the balls to do it yourself or just pack up your hood and arrow and go back to being a playboy. I really don't think I can take Arrow seriously anymore. I wish they'd wind the show up now and give Nissa her own show, or do a League of Assassins show or something. Anything is better than mopey, drippey Oliver Queen and his vow!

Since he made his vow to kill, he has killed Vertigo when he threatened Felicity. So he'll kill if he has to

Some promo pics for next week's episode contains image of what
    Felicity looked like in college
    http://ie.ign.com/articles/2014/11/01/arrow-felicity-smoak-goes-goth

• Registered Users Posts: 3,402 ✭✭✭pah

Some promo pics for next week's episode contains image of what
    Felicity looked like in college
    http://ie.ign.com/articles/2014/11/01/arrow-felicity-smoak-goes-goth

Holy crap Mother and daughter sandwich please

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

squonk wrote: »
    A very sucky episode I thought. Oliver's desire not to kill has suddenly turned into a vow! When did that happen? He got close enough to Merlin to plant a tracker on him and could have killed him but didn't. I really couldn't blame Nissa for blowing a fuse at that. Aside from Merlin pretty much deserving to be killed as he's likely to be a constant source of trouble, he has also killed 500 odd people as well. Aside from that, you'd have to believe he would be well able to disable the tracker, which he did in due course. Oliver came across as naïve and, all things being told, looking fairly lightweight in the whole thing. I'd have been less peeved if he did decide he needed to kill Merlin but circumstances conspired to save him at the last minute. What was worse was Diggle felt Merlin needed to be gotten rid of and the crack team's idea was to let Nissa do it. What a cop out. If you're an avenger and if you decide that someone warranted to be killed, have the balls to do it yourself or just pack up your hood and arrow and go back to being a playboy. I really don't think I can take Arrow seriously anymore. I wish they'd wind the show up now and give Nissa her own show, or do a League of Assassins show or something. Anything is better than mopey, drippey Oliver Queen and his vow!

Could not agree more with this.

And could someone please kill laurel lance, for a DA she has no brains in her head!

• Advertisement

Mc Love wrote: »
    Could not agree more with this.

And could someone please kill laurel lance, for a DA she has no brains in her head!

Can't stand laurel either especially whenever she is in the arrow cave

• Registered Users Posts: 8,723 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

Actually finding myself cringing at the fight scenes. It had promise but now i think its become awful.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Nuts102 wrote: »
    Actually finding myself cringing at the fight scenes. It had promise but now i think its become awful.

And partly the reason because everyone knows who the arrow is! Plus I hate the lines at the start of the show, how he is back to save his city. Could have done with saving his family first.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,723 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

Mc Love wrote: »
    And partly the reason because everyone knows who the arrow is! Plus I hate the lines at the start of the show, how he is back to save his city. Could have done with saving his family first.

The catchphrase of you have failed this City is doing my head in also. It's one of these shows i liked and sticking with it even though i am half watching it.

This season is awful so far. Season 2 was great but they're retreading old ground at this stage. The team is also too big now with Laurel in on the act. I agree she needs to buy the farm asap but she almost certainly won't ever, which is greatly annoying. Less Roy would be good.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,947 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

This show started losing steam the end of last year and am bit concerned at the start of this season. Oliver is obviously trying to draw out Ra's al Ghul by protecting Malcolm. But I'm more annoyed with Thea for supporting her father knowing what he did. She is so messed up.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,339 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Non blonde Felicity pictures! spoiler from the next episode.

Felicity picture spoiler

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Something has been bugging me. In the first series. Oliver and Tommy visit teh nightclub of some guy who hates Oliver. He and his thugs start a fight and Laurel comes in a rescues them. She knows self defence quite proficiently.

So why now does she need to start learning this fighting stuff? And how the heck did a drunk guy kick her ass when she managed 3 nightclub bodyguards? Did Sara's death knock her off practice or something. :confused:

Was wondering that myself. It was shown that she had fighting skills already.

• Advertisement

I don't think there's any mystery to it; I think it's just bad planning, writing, continuity, etc. Possible spoilers ahead: Laurel is supposed to be the Black Canary so they were obviously setting that up at the start, then decided to go a different way with it. Now they're obviously planning on having her become BC as some sort of 'tribute' to Sara so they need her to be able to fight again but have ****ing forgotten somehow that they'd already set that up so they have to go back for some reason JESUS THIS SHOW IS SO ANNOYING SOMETIMES!!!!!!

*ahem*

Advertisement