Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Latest cosmetic purchases and reviews

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭fussyonion

SATSUMA wrote: »
    I bought this yesterday... im a little disappointed... am i missing something?

The shadows are quite powdery and way more transparent than i had expected...

If i could turn back time i wouldn't buy it plus its bulky i think :(

I'm not mad on it either.
    They are quite powdery and not as intense as I expected.
    It says it all when I've hit pan on my Essence quad palette whereas my Naked 2 is still fairly new!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭whatever76

Anyone ever use SKYN Iceland cosmetics ?
    Spotted the brand in Marks today and purchased the face oil - hopefully it will help my v stressed skin !! Will see ,
    http://www.skyniceland.com/product-96-face-oil-

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

Purchased these in TK Maxx today.

Emma Hardie Body Treatment Scrub, this smells incredible. Its something I will be reserving for special occasions.

IMG_6925.JPG

2i6ym8j.jpg

Emma Hardie Super Rich Body Butter - This also smells incredible. I can't wait to use it in the winter when my skin is super dry.

1c1mg.jpg

Illamsqua cream blush in Libido. I adore the colour. It needs a light hand though as its very, very orange. Would make a nice lipstick too I reckon.

Illam-005.jpg

Went back to TK Maxx today to get this.

Emma Hardie Luxurious Body Cleanser with buffing cloth.

nmyfzq.jpg

Dying to use my new EH stuff. Waiting for a special occasion to do so though!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭misslt

Finally got my paws on naked smoky. Very excited to try it out.

Also got the mac viva glam Miley Cyrus lipstick in pink (it's being discontinued this week for an orangey-red) - I've always loved it but been afraid it's too bright for me but oh well. Picked up the lustre eyeshadow in mythology too, and had to be forcibly removed from the le disko collection. Hopefully will get to revisit before they go!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭fifi28

Bought the new No7 Airbrush Away foundation and am loving it! I bought a bottle but got the assistant to give me a sample so I could try it at home without opening the bottle in case I didnt like the shade.
    Its a medium coverage foundation but easily buildable to a full coverage (which was a must have for me). It glides on to the skin and feels so light going on (i used my rt buffing brush to apply it) - and when I say light I mean honestly never used anything that felt so light weight going onto my skin! Its a very thin runny liquid and think its silicone based
    Think its my new favourite and will take the place of my inglot hd for everyday. It also doesnt contain any spf so no flashback in pics yay :).
    http://www.boots.ie/en/No7-Airbrush-Away-Foundation-30ml_1738570/

Also picked up the Airbrush Away primer (not a new product but new packaging). I have used this before and forgot how nice it is. Its a perfect companion for the foundation. Feels so soft on the skin, smells lovely and foundation glides on over it.
    http://www.boots.ie/en/No7-Airbrush-Away-Primer-30ml_1738560/

Theres an offer on at the mo buy 1 get 1 half price so it cost €33 for both products - my inglot hd is €33 on its own so I was happy with that

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Jbosssie1

anna080 wrote: »
    I didn't think I would because of the price tag but I caved this week and bought the Pippa palette in Cara pharmacy. The eyeshadows are actually awful, they aren't pigmented enough and they're really powdery which I absolutely hate in eye shadows. They're the type of shadow that requires so much blending because they're so powdery and so you end up removing any product you've actually put on. I just got annoyed with them and ending up covering over them with urban decay riff.

The blush is so light it's barely visible on my cheeks and Id be the same skin tone as pippa and I also applied it with the brush she recommended. The highlighter I do like, it's subtle but pretty, but it's the only thing in the palette that I like and thus for me not worth €35.

I heard the same about that palette I nearly caved after watching all the bloggers rave about it I've seen people use it in snapchat and thought it was powdery and for a few euro more you can get the urban decay naked or smokey pallettes people are just paying for the name associated with it I've paid less for the anastasia Beverly Hills pallettes that were designed by American make up artists and the pigment and texture is amazing in them palettes

OH is in New York and has already picked up my wish list, bless him!! So in a couple of weeks I'll have the Kat Von D shade and light contour palette and the matching brush, tattoo eyeliner in black and a studded kiss lipstick in 'vampira' which is a deep burgundy red. I can't wait til he comes home :pac:

That contour palette is amazing you need the Kat von d eye palette that from the same light and shade range it's stunning

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,720 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

I got the Tattoo Liner over the summer and it's great! The tip is so fine and it's really, really black. Doesn't need to be scrubbed off either like some liquid liners.

I also picked up the Beauty Blender and I really love it. I've found it best so far for a light application, but I'll be trying it more heavy handed too. My foundation (MAC Moisturising Mineral) is going on flawlessly. I didn't buy the branded cleaner (it was $15!) but I'm regretting that now, it's hard to clean. I think I'll pick it up online.

Also on my list was the Urban Decay Perversion Mascara and pencil liner, also in Perversion. The mascara is brilliant, it's an old school big brush, no gimmicky bristles or shape. The eyeliner is lovely and soft, but as with all pencils on me, it just melts off. Have tried numerous brands and it happens to them all.

I visited The Balm store in San Francisco, highly recommended. The manager was so much much fun, he showed us everything and then did my eyes, and my friend's base (foundation, contouring) to give us a little lesson. I got Cindy Lou-Manizer highlighter and a little pot of gold pigment, which is just fab dabbed in the tear duct area and a little patted onto the middle of the lid.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

Jbosssie1 wrote: »
    That contour palette is amazing you need the Kat von d eye palette that from the same light and shade range it's stunning

Oh stop, the eye one is beautiful alright, but I bought naked smoky on release day so couldn't justify another eyeshadow palette! Next time :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

Enrique Englasias has anew women's perfume out. Offer price of €20 for 40ml.
    I smelled it not expecting it to be nice but it was really fab. A lovely scent for every day I think.

Am I mad or is it really nice?

I usually wear Ralph Lauren 'Romance' every day but for €20 I'm tempted to try Enrique's offering.

The male scent was lovely too, very Armani-ish.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭ams

Went back to TK Maxx today to get this.

Emma Hardie Luxurious Body Cleanser with buffing cloth.

Dying to use my new EH stuff. Waiting for a special occasion to do so though!

The shelf life of these products is six months once opened so don't save them too much!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭Taboola

Can't wait to get the Kat Von D contour palette. Looks gorgeous. I was watching some of her tutorials about contouring and she contours with that and a darker/light foundation.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,419 ✭✭✭✭jokettle

Is there a website that ships Kat Von D to Ireland (or the UK, I'd use Parcel Motel)? Beautybay doesn't stock them....and there ends my knowledge of online makeup suppliers :o

jokettle wrote: »
    Is there a website that ships Kat Von D to Ireland (or the UK, I'd use Parcel Motel)? Beautybay doesn't stock them....and there ends my knowledge of online makeup suppliers :o
    Sephora ships to the UK.

There are restrictions and they don't ship some brands to the UK but I'm not sure which ones (I can't remember, sorry!) but if you add the items you want to your cart and select UK as the shipping option it will show an message in your basket saying which items can't be shipped to the UK.

Hope this helps :)

Oh stop, the eye one is beautiful alright, but I bought naked smoky on release day so couldn't justify another eyeshadow palette! Next time :pac:

I know I got that smokey palette this one is all
    Matte amazing colours and pigmentation buy it for yourself for Xmas lol

Taboola wrote: »
    Can't wait to get the Kat Von D contour palette. Looks gorgeous. I was watching some of her tutorials about contouring and she contours with that and a darker/light foundation.

Best contour palette ever way better than the anastasia Beverly Hills

jokettle wrote: »

I have it shipped to family in the UK from sephora they use their card and I pay them I heard some beauty bloggers have had some trouble using their Irish credit cards
    Go to makeupoverminds blog she has ordered hers through parcel motel and I'm
    Sure Sharon leavy did too
    Kat von d is being launched in sephora in Spain as far as I know maybe you can order from
    There

I have it shipped to family in the UK from sephora they use their card and I pay them I heard some beauty bloggers have had some trouble using their Irish credit cards
    Go to makeupoverminds blog she has ordered hers through parcel motel and I'm
    Sure Sharon leavy did too
    Kat von d is being launched in sephora in Spain as far as I know maybe you can order from
    There
    There's also a UK website called roses beauty store that supplies U.S. brands like Kat von d I have checked her prices and with shipping ect from sephora they both seem to be around the same price

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Just purchased Armani Fluid Sheer highlighter in the shade 08 from Brown Thomas online. It looks amazing, very pink but it's right up my street! Also for fling eyeliner and the pro correct and conceal palette in light. It looks amazing, six concealer all pink and yellow toned for all your bits and bobs that need concealing! It's been so long since I bought make up online I forgot the buzz it gives you!

• Advertisement

Just purchased Armani Fluid Sheer highlighter in the shade 08 from Brown Thomas online. It looks amazing, very pink but it's right up my street! Also for fling eyeliner and the pro correct and conceal palette in light. It looks amazing, six concealer all pink and yellow toned for all your bits and bobs that need concealing! It's been so long since I bought make up online I forgot the buzz it gives you!

Love buying make up online I want to try the make up
    Forever hd foundation

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭Shadow1983

Twee. wrote:
    I also picked up the Beauty Blender and I really love it. I've found it best so far for a light application, but I'll be trying it more heavy handed too. My foundation (MAC Moisturising Mineral) is going on flawlessly. I didn't buy the branded cleaner (it was $15!) but I'm regretting that now, it's hard to clean. I think I'll pick it up online.

Where did you get the Beauty Blender?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,720 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Shadow1983 wrote: »

I got mine in Sephora but you can get it on Cult Beauty online https://www.cultbeauty.co.uk/beautyblender-beautyblender.html

Shadow1983 wrote: »

They sell them in space nk grafton st and dundrum in space nk I think a few more places here do them too

• Registered Users Posts: 11,419 ✭✭✭✭jokettle

I accidentally bought the UD Naked Smoky palette in Debenhams today. I only went in to wander around and waste time until my bus was due :o

I also very nearly squealed in delight when I saw a Too Faced stand! Now it's tiny, but it's there. They have the Chocolate Bar palette (which I already own and love and it surpasses the original Naked palette for me personally), the Semi Sweet palette which didn't really appeal to me (probably because I already had the Naked Smoky in my hands), an eye primer, some powder I think, and the Melted lipsticks. I bought one Melted lipstick in Peony, a much brighter pink than I usually wear, but paired with some subtle blusher it actually works really well! I'm still something of a lipstick newbie, but I'm trying to push out of the comfort zone and this ticks the box nicely.

Not a new purchase, but something I've finally dug out of the drawer and tried on months after buying*: Rimmel Provocalips in Kiss Me You Fool, a very red red. I love it. Unfortunately, I tried it on just to see what it looked like before heading out to a pub you wouldn't really dress up for, so I went to take it off pretty much straight away. Well, that bitch has staying power because it would. not. budge. I finally, after much scrubbing, got it off with some eye makeup remover. I hadn't even applied the glossy sealant bit! So I can definitely recommend it for both colour payoff and longevity.

*I can't be the only one who does this, right?

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭keredern

Love buying make up online I want to try the make up
    Forever hd foundation

I am seriously addicted to buying makeup online. :eek::eek:

Hardly a week goes by without some parcel or other winging its way to me!!! :o:o

(much to my other half's amusement!!) :D

But I never buy high end products so it's not at crisis level...yet! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭kickthecan

keredern wrote: »
    I am seriously addicted to buying makeup online. :eek::eek:

Hardly a week goes by without some parcel or other winging its way to me!!! :o:o

(much to my other half's amusement!!) :D

But I never buy high end products so it's not at crisis level...yet! :rolleyes:

Where do you buy from online?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

I'm impressed so far with Aldi's serum and eye cream, they were a special buy. It might be purely hopeful but I do think the eye cream has made a difference. For the price it is incredible value. I'll stock up the next time they have them in stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

I bought the Lush "Mask of Magnamity" face mask on a whim this week and thus far I'm highly impressed. Its by far superior to any other mask I've used recently. I could see an instant difference after using it.

I have combination/dry skin with patches of acne and lots of scarring. I noticed my skin looked plump, supple and nourished immediately after using it. There was a large decrease in redness around my scarring and it dried out the few spots I have completely. My skin looked 100 times better after using it than before.

It only cost €8:50 too, so an absolute bargain. I'm a huge fan of Lush products already but this was the first mask I've tried and I wouldn't go past it. Highly recommend!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

lazygal wrote: »
    I'm impressed so far with Aldi's serum and eye cream, they were a special buy. It might be purely hopeful but I do think the eye cream has made a difference. For the price it is incredible value. I'll stock up the next time they have them in stock.

I wasn't too bothered about the serum, but when they had the eye cream about 6 months ago I bought one and was sorry when it ran out, so last month I stocked up with six. It's brilliant for the price.

Advertisement