Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eastenders [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭julyjane

I really think the only way this storyline will end is through Ronnie's suicide.

Now THAT would be insensitive, last year or the year before Samantha Womacks father died by suicide :(

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

I don't know why people are giving out. Watch the show or don't. Stop writing in letters saying you're 'dismayed'.

It's EastEnders what do you expect? It's an interesting storyline on paper - but badly written imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,781 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

julyjane wrote: »
    Now THAT would be insensitive, last year or the year before Samantha Womacks father died by suicide :(

Oh well if that's the case, then definitely not, even if the writers were heartless bastards, there's no way Samantha would be able to do it. And who could blame her?

Possibly she'll end up committing herself, or maybe Jack will. And then there will be the big dramatic scenes for that.
    She'd probably have a breakdown and try to run away when it all comes out.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,316 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Whitney
    is to become a teenage hooker

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

Jaazis it just gets more depressing

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭auntyweeze

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Whitney
    is to become a teenage hooker

no way are you serious!
    she is such a chav anyway lol

auntyweeze wrote: »
    no way are you serious!
    she is such a chav anyway lol

It is mentioned in Sam Womack's interview in today's Irish NOTW newspaper

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭namurt

All the storylines will affect people at some stage but at least the others are some what interesting and believeable...this storyline is just so hard to watch because its a terrible story which is written badly and some of the situations over the last couple of nights would NEVER happen!!

- Ronnie walks across the square holding a new born baby...clearly upset and no familiar face around.

- Ronnie knocks on Carols door but shes too preoccupied trying to get Connor out of the house while Liam is sitting in the living room and he doesnt even question why Carol hasnt answered the door and doesnt look for her when shes talking to someone out in the kitchen

- Alfie leaves his new born son, alone, upstairs in a busy pub on new years eve and doesnt even check on him once all night

- Charlie leaves is new born grandson, alone, upstairs in a busy pub on new years eve while he's suppose to be minding him

- Kat just runs out of the hospital, in her pyjamas and the nurse allows it, hops in a cab in her pyjamas and the cab driver takes her home....THIS WOULD NEVER HAPPEN!! She walks through the pub where everyone knows what happened the baby and nobody says anything?? I didnt understand this at all.

- Roxy could clearly see Ronnie was upset about something but wouldnt let her speak and then forgot about her the second Christian walked in.

I'm sure there were alot more things but these just spring to mind at the moment...this storyline is awful and its just the beginning, imagine what Ronnie/Jack will be like once it all comes out. I think Ronnie should just leave the square, maybe she might get some happiness!

- Wasn't Ronnie's baby premature and Kat's weighed around 8lb. And yet the health nurse commented that the baby had lost weight...shouldn't it have been the other way around??

- Also, surely something would come up in the post mortem. Wouldn't they want to record blood type or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭littlefriend

wowsers - is that it do you think? Poor old Ronnie

I thought Kat recognised the baby there for a minute :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Have to say, I found the ending tonight fairly sickening... Seems like Eastenders are getting as much sensationalism as possible out of this horrible storyline..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

Have to say, I found the ending tonight fairly sickening... Seems like Eastenders are getting as much sensationalism as possible out of this horrible storyline..

i agree just seen the last few mins the wife is glued to it
    it has to be adjusted somehow its gone to far

• Registered Users Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭Justin10

jimmynokia wrote: »
    i agree just seen the last few mins the wife is glued to it
    it has to be adjusted somehow its gone to far
    Think thats why they wont.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭littlefriend

Yeah I really hope that is the end of it. Doubt it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭Shazanne

While my overall impression of EE is not too good at the moment, I have to say that I felt they handled the baby's funeral with sensitivity - with, I suppose, the exception of Ronnie lurking in the background.
    The entire storyline is extremely powerful and, yes, it does seem as though they have gone a step too far with some of it. But the cot-death story is very much a part of reality and I think that, leaving all the baby swap stuff aside, Kat and Alfie's portrayal of the parents has been very real.
    I fully understand that the death of a baby must be totally devastating. In fact it is every mother and fathers worst nightmare and I cannot say how I would react if in that situation. Perhaps in the same way as Ronnie is being portrayed for all I know.
    Perhaps the storyline is too powerful and painful for soap time viewing but it is not beyond the realms of possibility in real life.
    God help anyone who has ever or will ever find themselves in such a situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭DeWitt

I hope Ronnie gets some sort of happy ending. The outcome of this whole situation will never end well for her. She's lost her baby, she' gonna lose her husband. Probably go to jail too. Kat will probably knock her teeth out before that though. Poor Ronnie.

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭Robin132

Just an observation from having read some of the soap magazines and the scene used for the rte player it shows Kat holding the coffin however this didn't happen in the episode at all...... is it that they have changed it last minute and decided to end the storyline sooner than expected?

DeWitt wrote: »
    I hope Ronnie gets some sort of happy ending. The outcome of this whole situation will never end well for her. She's lost her baby, she' gonna lose her husband. Probably go to jail too. Kat will probably knock her teeth out before that though. Poor Ronnie.

If she took my baby I want to kill her

I cant see Ronnie getting any happy ending after all James died

EastEnders Phil Mitchell will propose to Shirley Carter in an upcoming plot, it has been reported.

The garage owner - played by Steve McFadden - will apparently re-evaluate his relationship with Shirley (Linda Henry), when he survives a heart attack later this month. However, The Mirror claims that Shirley will turn down the proposal at first.

"He has been married several times before so he doesn't have a great record," a source told the paper. "There are sure to be a few twists and turns before they make it down the aisle."

However, Glenda Mitchell (Glynis Barber) will threaten to leave Shirley devastated, by revealing her secret liaisons with Phil.

"Phil will have to work hard if he is going to marry," the insider added. "EastEnders has been hit by complaints with the cot death and baby swap storyline getting people talking about the soap for the wrong reasons."

• Registered Users Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭Karen23

Does anyone else think the scenes with Jodie and her friend were added later to lighten the episodes after all the complaints because it just seems odd and doesnt fit somehow.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

ian beele and alfie shocked me , ian especially ??

jodie and her mate are a bit annoying ,its like the dumb comedy twin act or something

A V A wrote: »

jodie and her mate are a bit annoying ,its like the dumb comedy twin act or something

Jodie and her friend arent funny so no comedy from them

I loved all Jean's scenes lately

So I guess that was Charlie's exit

and tonight is the first time i have ever seen that fcukin train station after that oh so famous stairs after the ticket booth :P

and it was a shockin exit for charlie !!! he was great i liked him n dats how they do it

• Registered Users Posts: 17,781 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

Is Charlie being blamed for the baby's death? Because he wasn't looking after him or whatever? Why did he leave?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 720 ✭✭✭Desire to Aspire

Is Charlie being blamed for the baby's death? Because he wasn't looking after him or whatever? Why did he leave?

Yeah, Kat found out and she went crazy. Said he wasn't her dad anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Eibhin

What about when the health nurse mentioned baby Tommy's club foot that he had at birth? Surely that could be a reason they recognise him as Tommy, not James.
    So is Kat not going to find out now and is that it?

I'de say Kat is grieving and not thinking straight that's how she didn't cop it was her baby, why would she have any reason to think her baby didn't die?

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Eibhin

Ronnie is just driving me nuts at this stage. I hope they end this story line soon. And where is Roxy for all this? Probably trying to talk Christian out of being gay and into bed. The next big thing will be Syed's ex Amira turning up with a baby, just as they are talking about one. I bet.

Can't believe Charlie is gone too tonight. When it's the theme music played as a piano solo at the end, it's curtains for that person.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭auntyweeze

A V A wrote: »

oh the other night when they were in the pub if she said poppy once she said it a hundred times jodie ended every sentence with poppy arghhh i was fit to scream

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement