Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Weird, Wacky and Awesome World of the NFL - General Banter thread V2

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,095 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

He surely has some incriminating photos of Les Snead and Stan Kroenke.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

adrian522 wrote: »

Hilarious that they know it's going to be so badly received that they're trying to bury it as a footnote at the bottom of a more positive press release. Expect it at 4.50 pm on a Friday in that case. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

adrian522 wrote: »

Probably gonna get $7-9 million a year

• Registered Users Posts: 10,831 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

Reading the comments below it, it sounds like their fans have long since given up even speculating about why he is allowed keep his job. One theory they put forward is that StanK doesn't care about wins, only about money, and he has increased the team's value by moving etc. But that doesn't quite add up, a winning team is worth vastly more than a losing one. I dunno. Hilarious though, the NFL never disappoints.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

• Registered Users Posts: 10,363 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

ScummyMan wrote:
    Probably gonna get $7-9 million a year

Brilliant! So subtle! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 39,622 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

MODERN-ERA NOMINEES FOR THE
    PRO FOOTBALL HALL OF FAME CLASS OF 2017

*Finalist in 2016; Underline indicates first year of eligibility (Players and coaches must have last played coached at least five full seasons to be eligible for nomination. Therefore, any individual who last played or coached in 2011 are eligible for the first time in 2017).

BY POSITION

QUARTERBACKS (7)
    Drew Bledsoe, Randall Cunningham, Doug Flutie, Donovan McNabb, Steve McNair, Phil Simms, *Kurt Warner

RUNNING BACKS (13)

Shaun Alexander, Ottis Anderson, Tiki Barber, Larry Centers, Roger Craig, *Terrell Davis, Eddie George, *Edgerrin James, Daryl Johnston, Eric Metcalf (also WR/PR/KR), LaDainian Tomlinson, Herschel Walker (also KR), Ricky Watters

WIDE RECEIVERS (10)
    Isaac Bruce, Henry Ellard (also PR), Torry Holt, Chad Johnson, Derrick Mason (also KR/PR), *Terrell Owens, Sterling Sharpe, Jimmy Smith, Rod Smith, Hines Ward

TIGHT END (1)
    Mark Bavaro

OFFENSIVE LINEMEN (14)

Tony Boselli (T), Ray Donaldson (C), *Alan Faneca (G), Jay Hilgenberg (C), Chris Hinton (G/T), Kent Hull (C), *Joe Jacoby (T), Mike Kenn (T), Olin Kreutz (C), Jim Lachey (T), Kevin Mawae (C/G), Tom Nalen (C), Nate Newton (G), Steve Wisniewski (G)

DEFENSIVE LINEMEN (5)

Leslie O’Neal (DE), Simeon Rice (DE), Fred Smerlas (NT), Jason Taylor (DE), Bryant Young (DT)

LINEBACKERS (11)

Carl Banks, Cornelius Bennett, Tedy Bruschi, Seth Joyner, Levon Kirkland, Clay Matthews, Willie McGinest (also DE), Karl Mecklenburg, Sam Mills, Joey Porter, Zach Thomas

DEFENSIVE BACKS (16)

Eric Allen (CB), *Steve Atwater (S), Joey Browner (S), LeRoy Butler (S), Brian Dawkins (SS), Rodney Harrison (S), Ty Law (CB), Albert Lewis (CB), *John Lynch (S), Frank Minnifield (CB), Bob Sanders (SS), Darren Sharper (FS), Dennis Smith (SS), Troy Vincent (S), Everson Walls (CB), Darren Woodson (S)

KICKERS/PUNTER (4)

*Morten Andersen (K), Gary Anderson (K), Sean Landeta (P), Nick Lowery (K)

SPECIAL TEAMS (2)

Brian Mitchell (KR/PR also RB), Steve Tasker (ST also WR)

COACHES (11)
    *Don Coryell, Bill Cowher, Tom Flores, Mike Holmgren, Jimmy Johnson, Chuck Knox, Buddy Parker, Richie Petitbon, Dan Reeves, Clark Shaughnessy, Dick Vermeil
    The 94 modern players eligible for enshrinement were annonced last night and the list is above. A maximum of five from that list will be elected the night of the NFL honours ceremony next year before the Super Bowl.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,838 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Thought TD was already in for some reason. Would love to see Bruschi get in

• Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

I'd be willing to wager Darren Sharper won't be getting in any time soon :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Carl Banks was fantastic for the Giants. His name is overshadowed by LT and Howard Cross, both of whom are in the Hall, but he was an outstanding linebacker in his day.

Extremely knowledgable about the game too. Does a fair bit of work on the Giants channel breaking down the x's and o's.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,670 ✭✭✭nerd69

Brian mother****ing Dawkins hope weapon x gets in first ballot

Brian mother****ing Dawkins hope weapon x gets in first ballot

• Registered Users Posts: 11,033 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

$750 million in public funding for a Raiders Stadium in Vegas has been passed by a Nevada oversight committee. Think there's one step before it is fully approved.

Foxtrol wrote: »
    $750 million in public funding for a Raiders Stadium in Vegas has been passed by a Nevada oversight committee. Think there's one step before it is fully approved.

Yeah, still needs approval by the Governor and legislature.

ScummyMan wrote: »
    I'd be willing to wager Darren Sharper won't be getting in any time soon :pac:
    He's lucky he's still eligible although the halls policy on off the field issues not to be considered keeps him there for now. Yeah he's never ever getting in whenever he gets out.

The NFL PR department will see to that unofficially anyway.

Yeah, still needs approval by the Governor and legislature.
    Id say roger and the league aren't happy despite public money being used.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,643 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

That is massive, Oakland are going to have to pony up. Davis is not going to turn that down

There is no way this actually happens is there? Vegas would be a nightmare for any team from a or lerapective (although perhaps the raiders would embrace that more than most given there past)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,033 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Id say roger and the league aren't happy despite public money being used.

Why would you say that? It's not that dissimilar market in size than Oakland and is currently untapped. It'll be a much nicer venue then their current home. Bring a lot more tourist exposure (expanding the game) along with the general novelty factor. It's actually a shorter drive for any LA based fans to travel to the game too.

I don't see why they'd be displeased

• Advertisement

That is massive, Oakland are going to have to pony up. Davis is not going to turn that down

Do Oakland or more specifically alameda county have the bobs to match that ? I'd say the As are rubbing their hands with glee. They might finally have the palacial coliseum to themselves.

Why would you say that? It's not that dissimilar market in size than Oakland and is currently untapped. It'll be a much nicer venue then their current home. Bring a lot more tourist exposure (expanding the game) along with the general novelty factor. It's actually a shorter drive for any LA based fans to travel to the game too.

I don't see why they'd be displeased

One word. Gambling.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Vegas and the Raiders are a perfect fit.

Beefy78 wrote: »
    Vegas and the Raiders are a perfect fit.

They might be a perfect fit but I just feel given that I've heard NFL media employees on podcast tip toe around the "place in the desert" and not name Las Vegas. And they are league employees. That's why I don't think the league will be happy. I could be wrong but in private I get the feeling they ain't pleased with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

Patww79 wrote: »

Well the good news is that was probably the last game he's going to call. He only did that game because the regular MNF crew were in Washington and I don't think there are any more doubleheaders on Monday night. This is the last year of his contract and it's rumoured that he won't be renewed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,643 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Do Oakland or more specifically alameda county have the bobs to match that ? I'd say the As are rubbing their hands with glee. They might finally have the palacial coliseum to themselves.

I dont think so, just taking a look at their budget for 2017.

Their operating budget is 3 billion which covers running the county

The Capital Expenditure budget is a 5 year program, its a bit confusing but it looks like its 1.2 billion over 5 years

So unless they can petition for additional funds from California.. they aint got the money

I dont think so, just taking a look at their budget for 2017.

Their operating budget is 3 billion which covers running the county

The Capital Expenditure budget is a 5 year program, its a bit confusing but it looks like its 1.2 billion over 5 years

So unless they can petition for additional funds from California.. they aint got the money

Isn't California still broke?

• Advertisement

Isn't California still broke?

yeah but they've been broke for years, but then so is america, they just remortgage their debt.. people loan them more money and the cycle continues

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement