Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donald Trump (I'm Worried)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,495 ✭✭✭✭Sand

littelady wrote: »
    Trump being a billionaire stems from his inheritance from his father and now his high achieving staff.

Trumps father was a nasty piece of work too - got into repeated trouble in his real estate business for "ethnic cleansing" of his properties. Not entirely surprising to hear Trump's abuse of Mexicans and Muslims.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Carry

Firstly, how is Trump an idiot? He is a billionaire. He is a very clever man.

Secondly, there is very very little between the likes of Trump, Obama, Mrs & Mr Clinton and Bush in terms of Economics. What sets Trump aside is that he is looking out for American workers and American based business. He is the only one that is bothered enough to change the lives of workers or people that want to work.

Obviously we as outsiders look at the American Presidental Election as a major factor of global conflicts but if you were a low to mid income worker in America or a small business owner, you would definitely be interested in what Trump has to say.

Firstly, billionaire and clever doesn't always go together. He inherited most of his money. He is not a so-called self-made billionaire. He is clever in the way to milk the system, though. Like a good old scobe.

Secondly, I don't know what you are refering to as economics in the States. It's capitalism on legs, no matter who is president. It's their culture...

Thirdly, Trump is not looking out for workers. No US-president or any leader in the Western world I know of ever did.

Fourthly, "he is the only one that is bothered enough to change the lives of workers or people that want to work"? How so? Explain. Though I doubt anyone with a sane mind would ever believe that a loud-mouthed billionaire cares a feck about his or any worker.

Fifthly, I actually don't care much about US-politics, if it weren't their global impact which should concern all of us. It was American politics and their general McDonaldisation which disturbed the balance in the world in recent times. There was never an acknowledgement of other cultures. There was only "Us versus Them".

Sixthly, I hope very much that the US are going the way of the Roman Empire: Just fade into obscurity and leave some interesting ruins.
    It's an astrophysical law: start from nothing, get a life, get too big, die.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,463 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Sand wrote: »
    Trump is simply filthy rich oligarchs cutting out the political middleman. No need to buy a politician if you just run yourself. There is still a huge amount of money and business interests behind Trump.

Of all the candidates I'd say only sanders has less business interest behind him than Trump. Trumps base is primarily the poor and uneducated.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,557 ✭✭✭✭briany

Trump hired his staff on his golf-course in Ireland on jobbridge.
    Sanders appealed to Thatcher for humane treatment of the hungerstrikers.

Well, hey, Trump won't stay a billionaire if he pays his workers fair wages. Great businessman.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Permabear

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 794 ✭✭✭TheHillOfDoom

briany wrote: »
    Well, hey, Trump won't stay a billionaire if he pays his workers fair wages. Great businessman.

Great businessman = Worlds Worst Leader.

I remember one lecture I had on leadership, where lecturer asked whether Hitler was a good leader. Was he?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,117 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

chillin117 wrote: »
    Could this Gob****e get elected ? He could push the button on a whim. He is an idiot but keeps winning states. Joking aside I would be worried if he won and was elected President of USA.

That's exactly what I'd expect a rapist Muslim Mexican to say. You just wait til I build my wall there Mohammed Gonzales!

I have lovely hair. And loadsamoney

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Berserker

America is smarter than we think.

How much time have you spent Stateside? It wouldn't surprise me in the least if he got in. Many people in USA will vote for him, ahead of Hillary. She is the devil in the deep south, for example. Trump is playing the populist card to perfection at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Junkyard Tom

Permabear wrote: »
    This post had been deleted.

False balance.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,687 ✭✭✭buried

Going to be funny watching this Fred Flintstone clown as President of the USA kissing the feet and arse of whatever Saudi Arabian goon flies into remind him whos calling the shots, after all that muslim hating gibberish Trump's been spouting

"You have disgraced yourselves again" - W. B. Yeats

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,557 ✭✭✭✭briany

Great businessman = Worlds Worst Leader.

I remember one lecture I had on leadership, where lecturer asked whether Hitler was a good leader. Was he?

I'll say this for Hitler v. Trump (can't believe I'm saying this...) : I think Hitler believed his own views 100 percent. He absolutely hated non-Aryan peoples and thought that they were dragging Germany down. Trump, on the other hand doesn't give a **** about Mexicans or Muslims and is simply parroting that view as something that taps into the psyche of the uneducated voters.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,856 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Yeah mate. Al Shabaab, that famous book club, at one of their book club training camps, murdered in cold blood.

I'm not your mate. :rolleyes:

You that gullible that you believe the US propaganda that everyone murdered was a "terrorist"? Can you explain to me what legal right the US has to decide who they will murder around the globe? You ok if they decide to slaughter people in Ireland?
    When he visited 6-7 years ago, were we meant to anticipate that?

Yeh, cos he has only started murdering people this week. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 600 ✭✭✭Ice Maiden

People who are anti U.S. are always so angry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,363 ✭✭✭KingBrian2

Ice Maiden wrote: »
    Yes, I can believe that story and the multiple articles and documentaries about it (and no, they are not all on Fox News and its ilk) and the book http://www.easons.com/P-2181497-gaddafis-harem.aspx

And I think it is a bit sick to choose not to believe that this went on, just to stick it to America.

So your one of those people who would believe the lies that get told to force the large powers to go to war.

KingBrian2 wrote: »
    So your one of those people who would believe the lies that get told to force the large powers to go to war.
    Why would believing something that is extensively documented make me one of those people? It is possible to believe some things and not other things.

Are you one of those people who downplays/denies atrocities just because acknowledging them would mean having to acknowledge wrongdoing by one of your enemy's enemies?

I assume if something similar was documented in the same manner in relation to an "enemy" of yours you would be happy to believe it.

briany wrote: »
    I'll say this for Hitler v. Trump (can't believe I'm saying this...) : I think Hitler believed his own views 100 percent. He absolutely hated non-Aryan peoples and thought that they were dragging Germany down. Trump, on the other hand doesn't give a **** about Mexicans or Muslims and is simply parroting that view as something that taps into the psyche of the uneducated voters.

You don't think Trump hates Muslims and Mexicans?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,176 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

You don't think Trump hates Muslims and Mexicans?

I think Trump isn't anything like as big an eejit as he's pretending to be while the presidential candidate game is going on. The GOP themselves will nobble him if they can, as he's too independently wealthy to be controlled or bought, and would probably lose to Bernie Sanders in the current climate anyway. Ted Cruz is an even bigger knobjockey, though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,363 ✭✭✭KingBrian2

Ice Maiden wrote: »
    Why would believing something that is extensively documented make me one of those people? It is possible to believe some things and not other things.

Are you one of those people who downplays/denies atrocities just because acknowledging them would mean having to acknowledge wrongdoing by one of your enemy's enemies?

I assume if something similar was documented in the same manner in relation to an "enemy" of yours you would be happy to believe it.

Ireland does not have many enemies as we don't interfere in the affairs of far off lands unlike other powers. You could say we have the benefit of being a small country. Here's a secret we have huge trade deals with these places so when I see atrocities in these places I realise the true villains are the people keeping the weapons industry going.

jimgoose wrote: »
    I think Trump isn't anything like as big an eejit as he's pretending to be while the presidential candidate game is going on. The GOP themselves will nobble him if they can, as he's too independently wealthy to be controlled or bought, and would probably lose to Bernie Sanders in the current climate anyway. Ted Cruz is an even bigger knobjockey, though.

He is facing all out civil war if he is elected. There are only so many red-necks.

He is facing all out civil war if he is elected. There are only so many red-necks.

Great. Make him Lincoln Mk. II, why don't you?? :D

• Advertisement

I'm serious. He is a bufoon! It's like the manager of an international hedge fund trying to come in to manage a creche.

Result? Lots of screaming children, sacked staff and furious parents.

KingBrian2 wrote: »
    Ireland does not have many enemies as we don't interfere in the affairs of far off lands unlike other powers. You could say we have the benefit of being a small country. Here's a secret we have huge trade deals with these places so when I see atrocities in these places I realise the true villains are the people keeping the weapons industry going.
    Oh there is a villainy competition? It would not hurt anyone to acknowledge villainy from all quarters - there doesn't have to be denial/downplaying of one to recognise the other.

Not sure how "Gaddafi had his admirers and his detractors. The media have labeled President Assad a murderous Tyrant. The truth is distorted and we know a lot of bad groups are all over the region, North Africa and in West Asia, Saudi Arabia, Iran with huge human rights abuses in Turkey" in any way mitigates the horror of those rape/abuse programmes.

Plus, the reputation of Assad is not just down to media labelling - any chance of personal responsibility acknowledgement?

"Either with us or agin us"-ery is crap - no matter what political angle it is coming from. Why such a problem with seeing the full picture?

I'm serious. He is a bufoon! It's like the manager of an international hedge fund trying to come in to manage a creche.

Result? Lots of screaming children, sacked staff and furious parents.

Reagan II, then?

Reagan II, then?

I actually know **** all about Reagan apart from the fact that my Granny's surname was Reagan and we're very definitely related (absolutely no evidence for this ever uncovered).

I actually know **** all about Reagan apart from the fact that my Granny's surname was Reagan and we're very definitely related (absolutely no evidence for this ever uncovered).

Reagan knew all about sacked staff and screaming kids. Look up the air-traffic controller's strike of 1981.

The thing is, it's not our place to go into these countries and 'sort them out according to our laws'. Similarly, it is not ISIS' place to come to the West and sort us out according to their laws.

Whenever they can grow up and realise that East & West are poles apart (or the vertical lines lol apart), then society can't go on.

We look at them and we see evil.

They look at us and they see evil.

Never the twain shall meet.

The thing is, it's not our place to go into these countries and 'sort them out according to our laws'. Similarly, it is not ISIS' place to come to the West and sort us out according to their laws.

Whenever they can grow up and realise that East & West are poles apart (or the vertical lines lol apart), then society can't go on.

We look at them and we see evil.

They look at us and they see evil.

Never the twain shall meet.

Exactly. Which is why the fcukers should be thermonuked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 716 ✭✭✭Red King

They're all abysmal. Clinton is an awful candidate. Her legacy as Secretary of State is abysmal. She'll be even worse as president. It will be a four year "**** show"

Exactly. Which is why the fcukers should be thermonuked.

No - it's why we should leave them alone and look after ourselves. If they want to live in a certain way, let them ****ing at it! Who are we to 'save' the world? We don't understand their history, their beliefs, their culture, their religion? Who died and put us in charge?

A cousin of the fella who died and put ISIS in charge clearly.

• Advertisement

No - it's why we should leave them alone and look after ourselves. If they want to live in a certain way, let them ****ing at it! Who are we to 'save' the world? We don't understand their history, their beliefs, their culture, their religion? Who died and put us in charge?

A cousin of the fella who died and put ISIS in charge clearly.

Fine. Just give us the oil. Then they can go and, I dunno, cook their wives and give thanks, or whatever it is they do. The oil. All of it. Now!! :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement