Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donald Trump (I'm Worried)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,524 ✭✭✭✭Sand

Trump may win the Republican nomination, but its a different order of things to win the overall election. Clinton beats Trump in the vast majority of polls by a significant margin. The worst case scenario is Sanders facing Trump as Trump a better chance in that matchup, but Sanders still consistently beats him in polling.

Ironically enough, Rubio consistently beats Clinton but the Republicans seem to want to nominate a loser to represent them over a likely winner.

Trump is a product of the Republican party meltdown. Sad seeing the party of Abraham Lincoln putting forward a charmless raving lunatic as their candidate, but they validated and encouraged the sort of deranged view of Obama and the Democrats as being an existential threat. If you are constantly getting hysterical about threats, dangers and evil plots by Obama then you pretty much rule out mainstream solutions: more of the same cannot work if the threats are so terrible and dire.

Hence Trump picks up the benefit because he is happy to propose bizarre, deranged and lunatic solutions that fit the imagined threats the Republicans have been trumpeting about. Plus the "establishment" candidates have sabotaged each other more than they have Trump - Christies attack on Rubio was aptly described as a political murder-suicide.

So Trump can be successful in the extremist world of the Republican party members/activists, but he will get absolutely destroyed in a wider election.

The problem the Republicans have is it will be at least 12 years for them to have a successful candidate. They wont even have an electable one if Trump gets nominated. Further indulging the extremist fringe and conspiracy theories will only destroy their party - but its very hard to see how they put the genie back in the bottle.

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭dslamjack

Trump , let me tell you , the guy looks like a cross between Benito Mussolini and Liberace gone wrong.
    GWB was sad ,this guy is a loser with a big L as in LA .. large ass.
    AL Bundy for Pres 4 touch downs and Kelly for VP ...Bundy ...Bundy

If you're worried about Trump then look at Cruz, Trump is a pantomime villain who is as harmless as a puppy in comparison.

+1,000,000

Trump may be an obnoxious, arrogant asshole but I would take him over Cruz any day.
    Though that probably doesn't say much, as I'm struggling to think of anyone who I wouldn't prefer to Cruz as "leader of the free world".

I know it's almost impossible but I'd love to see Sanders win the Democratic race. Trump v Sanders would be an absolutely fascinating contest.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

dslamjack wrote: »
    Trump , let me tell you , the guy looks like a cross between Benito Mussolini and Liberace gone wrong.
    GWB was sad ,this guy is a loser with a big L as in LA .. large ass.
    AL Bundy for Pres 4 touch downs and Kelly for VP ...Bundy ...Bundy

I thought losers are the opposite to successful people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭lazza14

At least he can say it as it is with ISIS and admit there is a problem with radical Islam - unlike that coward Obama who pretends there is no problem.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

Trump in office would be nothing like trump trying to get a party nomination. Had he not acted so extremist he wouldn't even be in the running. A billionaire businessman that most only knew from a TV show, he's played his campaign very well and those that think he's an idiot really don't understand what he has accomplished.
    If he gets the nomination, he'll start toning it down, he'll backtrack like he already has started to do. What president has been able to do half or even quarter of his pre-election promises, so I'd dismiss 90% of what he has said already.
    Trump in office won't be much different to Bush, only thing is trump hasn't a load of campaign benefactors to keep happy while in office like Bush did.

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭dslamjack

I thought losers are the opposite to successful people.

err money can't buy ye every thing .. Gadaffi Duck had a billion or 3 as did Pablo Escabar .. where's that Warren Buffett lad .... naaa Loser's all .....if El Dumbo Trumpo get's in - it really will be a case of the President's brain is missing ... all Hail to the Trumpo lumpo ,,,which end of him is talking folk's.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

All of the candidates in this election are duds. Clinton is the best of a bad lot

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,363 ✭✭✭KingBrian2

Ice Maiden wrote: »

Can you really believe the authenticity of anything that comes out of reporters foraging for stories in the Arab world. Gaddafi had his admirers and his detractors. The media have labeled President Assad a murderous Tyrant. The truth is distorted and we know a lot of bad groups are all over the region, North Africa and in West Asia, Saudi Arabia, Iran with huge human rights abuses in Turkey.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭thattequilagirl

Does anyone else think he'll be executed if he gets elected?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 600 ✭✭✭Ice Maiden

KingBrian2 wrote: »
    Can you really believe the authenticity of anything that comes out of reporters foraging for stories in the Arab world. Gaddafi had his admirers and his detractors. The media have labeled President Assad a murderous Tyrant. The truth is distorted and we know a lot of bad groups are all over the region, North Africa and in West Asia, Saudi Arabia, Iran with huge human rights abuses in Turkey.
    Yes, I can believe that story and the multiple articles and documentaries about it (and no, they are not all on Fox News and its ilk) and the book http://www.easons.com/P-2181497-gaddafis-harem.aspx

And I think it is a bit sick to choose not to believe that this went on, just to stick it to America.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Clinton 2 is a stooge a bought gimp for the corporations whatever you think of Trump he is not owned by anyone

Clinton 2 is a stooge a bought gimp for the corporations whatever you think of Trump he is not owned by anyone

Yeah, all of his money comes from a big, magic money tree.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,493 ✭✭✭ArnoldJRimmer

So you prefer dictatorships to oligarchies?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Yeah, all of his money comes from a big, magic money tree.

His money remember that

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 794 ✭✭✭TheHillOfDoom

I like Bernie Sanders. He is humane. Hilary Clinton is a bit non-descript. Trump however? He's a psychopath potentially getting access to one of the most influential positions in the world. He's a megolamaniac.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭Arbiter of Good Taste

Samaris wrote: »
    He opens his mouth and idiocy and gob****ery comes out.

I wouldn't be so smug, considering we've elected not one, but two, Healy Raes only two weeks ago

I wouldn't be so smug, considering we've elected not one, but two, Healy Raes only two weeks ago
    I don't get this "we" stuff. I did not vote for the Healy Raes as I do not live in south Kerry (although I have a lot of south Kerry relatives, who detest the Healy Raes) and people can criticise both the Healy Raes and Trump.
    Nobody is being smug - just giving their opinion/observations.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Firstly, how is Trump an idiot? He is a billionaire. He is a very clever man.

Secondly, there is very very little between the likes of Trump, Obama, Mrs & Mr Clinton and Bush in terms of Economics. What sets Trump aside is that he is looking out for American workers and American based business. He is the only one that is bothered enough to change the lives of workers or people that want to work.

Obviously we as outsiders look at the American Presidental Election as a major factor of global conflicts but if you were a low to mid income worker in America or a small business owner, you would definitely be interested in what Trump has to say.

Firstly, how is Trump an idiot? He is a billionaire. He is a very clever man.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pqHzwdmU3Sg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭donegaLroad

Its a circus, Clinton will win... all this Trump malarkey sells papers and keeps the public glued to he TV / internet.

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭a fat guy

You can't stump the Trump!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,856 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

ClovenHoof wrote: »
    The same ones who are scared Trump will be elected are the same morons who acted like Obama was answer to all humanity's problems 8 years ago.

Obama tuned out to be Bush 2 and they turned a blind eye to it.

Obama murdered 150 people in Somalia earlier in the week. Nobody in the media questions the press release that ALL murdered were "terrorists". Nobody in the media questions the legality of the US president murdering people in a foreign country that the US is not at war with.

And Irish people lined the streets to cheer this evil scumbag? Tossers.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Zebra3 wrote: »
    Obama murdered 150 people in Somalia earlier in the week. Nobody in the media questions the press release that ALL murdered were "terrorists". Nobody in the media questions the legality of the US president murdering people in a foreign country that the US is not at war with.

Yeah mate. Al Shabaab, that famous book club, at one of their book club training camps, murdered in cold blood.

Zebra3 wrote: »

When he visited 6-7 years ago, were we meant to anticipate that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Permabear

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 340 ✭✭littelady

Trump being a billionaire stems from his inheritance from his father and now his high achieving staff.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 794 ✭✭✭TheHillOfDoom

Permabear wrote: »
    This post had been deleted.

Trump hired his staff on his golf-course in Ireland on jobbridge.
    Sanders appealed to Thatcher for humane treatment of the hungerstrikers.

When he visited 6-7 years ago, were we meant to anticipate that?
    :D We should be able to predict the future don't ya know!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,524 ✭✭✭✭Sand

His money remember that

Trump is simply filthy rich oligarchs cutting out the political middleman. No need to buy a politician if you just run yourself. There is still a huge amount of money and business interests behind Trump.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement