Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donald Trump (I'm Worried)

Options
  • 11-03-2016 7:44pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 736 ✭✭✭

Could this Gob****e get elected ? He could push the button on a whim. He is an idiot but keeps winning states. Joking aside I would be worried if he won and was elected President of USA.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭strelok

i think the hysteria surrounding donald trump as president is more embarrassing than donald trump actually being president

• Registered Users Posts: 6,544 ✭✭✭Samaris

My bet is that he will be the Republican nominee (and then the college of electors will collectively **** themselves), but no chance will he win the election if he is the nominee. It'll be a gift to the Democratic candidate. I know a lot of people don't like Hillary Clinton, but there's a lot of Republicans who are as horrified at the concept of President Trump as your average Democrat.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Bret Hart

I'd vote for him,he's great craic and I'd like too see him be elected.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

strelok wrote: »
    i think the hysteria surrounding donald trump as president is more embarrassing than donald trump actually being president

It's the him being a nazi comparisons that's more embarrassing.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭Corkladddd!!

If you're worried about Trump then look at Cruz, Trump is a pantomime villain who is as harmless as a puppy in comparison.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Most republican members don't want him. Many of them would actually vote for Clinton before him as she, despite being on the opposite 'aisle' is closer to their neo-liberal globalisation minded ideals than Trump, who basically wants the US to be isolationist and sever ties with other countries.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭force eleven

chillin117 wrote: »
    Could this Gob****e get elected ? She could push the button on a whim. She is an idiot but keeps winning states. Joking aside I would be worried if she won and was elected President of USA.

Fixed your post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

Anytime I go onto reddit in the evening it's all about bernie sanders.
    The comments are even more cringier than trump running. Some think bernie is be all and end all and this great white shining light that will guide them to the promised land of equality.

Some truly bizarre people out there

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

Samaris wrote: »
    My bet is that he will be the Republican nominee (and then the college of electors will collectively **** themselves), but no chance will he win the election if he is the nominee. It'll be a gift to the Democratic candidate. I know a lot of people don't like Hillary Clinton, but there's a lot of Republicans who are as horrified at the concept of President Trump as your average Democrat.

This pretty much. Hopefully all these people voting for Trump in the primaries are just hardcore Republicans that are a bit nuts. I do not think they make up for the general Republican vote in the US. We will see!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

America is smarter than we think. All these Trump supporters the media is spending its time dribbling on about are just a vocal minority. I would put real money on Trump being slaughtered in the election.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 736 ✭✭✭chillin117

Fixed your post.
    Her over Him ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭intellectual dosser

The media has created a lot of hysteria over the past 15 years and Trump is appealing to the people who have bought in it. I would agree with posters who say he'll be the nominee but wont win in November. Not just his demeanor and policies, but the skeletons in his closet are too many.

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Steve012

Could this Gob****e get elected ? He could push the button on a whim. He is an idiot but keeps winning states. Joking aside I would be worried if he won and was elected President of USA.

How do you know he's an idiot and a gobs*ite?

Push what button? The american Nuke system can operate on automatic "when incoming's are detected"

Now Hillary Clinton is a proven war monger, "Benghazi" !?! ... and the video of her laughing over Gaddafi's death, Lovely woman :)

"We came we saw, he died" :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭Spudman_20000

It doesn't say much for the other Republican candidates that they couldn't put Trump in his place. Professional politicians should have been able to run circles around this guy in fairness.

If you can't beat a woman hating racist, you should get the hell out of politics.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,544 ✭✭✭Samaris

Steve012 wrote: »

He opens his mouth and idiocy and gob****ery comes out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭force eleven

Her over Him ?

I'd trust her less. But either choice would be a worry.

Businessmen with big egos and a a tendency to be sexist.

Sorry, was thinking of that "Michael O'Leary should run this country" stuff from a few years back...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 600 ✭✭✭Ice Maiden

the video of her laughing over Gaddafi's death, Lovely woman :)
    On the basis of this http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/colonel-gaddafi-kidnapped-raped-hundreds-girls-boys-1433861 I would not blame her.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭TeaBagMania

Im just happy the current POS in the white house will be gone, forever.

The fact that we have enough idiots in this country that voted him into office (twice) means we’re doomed regardless

Haven’t had a president with any balls since Kennedy

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 794 ✭✭✭TheHillOfDoom

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OemqVWi_R0k

This is what happened with Trump.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Junkyard Tom

• Registered Users Posts: 11,262 ✭✭✭✭jester77

Hopefully Sanders gets the nod, otherwise Trump could get in if he's up against Clinton

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 736 ✭✭✭chillin117

Push what button? The american Nuke system can operate on automatic "when incoming's are detected"

Now Hillary Clinton is a proven war monger, "Benghazi" !?! ... and the video of her laughing over Gaddafi's death, Lovely woman :)

"We came we saw, he died" :rolleyes:
    Go with the ''Media Flow''

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

The Republican establishment hate him. They don't view him as a Republican, he has supported both parties in the past. It's pathetic how beholden some folk are to their party in the States.

Trump appeals because he's selling himself as a man who will put the country ahead of any party affiliation. I see it as a protest vote, people are sick of the establishment. This is also why Sanders appeals to people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

Push what button?

This button

• Closed Accounts Posts: 600 ✭✭✭Ice Maiden

Trump appeals because he's selling himself as a man who will put the country ahead of any party affiliation. I see it as a protest vote, people are sick of the establishment. This is also why Sanders appeals to people.
    Trump appeals to people who are poor and have no education, because he is able to demonise easy targets for them to blame for their problems, when the massive greed and inequality that Trump himself espouses is actually at the root of their problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Steve012

Go with the ''Media Flow''

And that makes sense because??

I must of seen those video's of Hillary on skynews, oh actually I didn't.

Muammar Gaddafi held the country in check, in fact he was setting up a central African bank, dealing in gold Dinar, moving away from the petrol dollar, He was also setting up the united states of Africa,

I wonder why he was taken out!? :rolleyes:
    I remember now, I saw those reasons on skynews an CNN.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

And that makes sense because??

I must of seen those video's of Hillary on skynews, oh actually I didn't.

Muammar Gaddafi held the country in check, in fact he was setting up a central African bank, dealing in gold Dinar, moving away from the petrol dollar, He was also setting up the united states of Africa,

I wonder why he was taken out!? :rolleyes:
    I remember now, I saw those reasons on skynews an CNN.

I agree with you, it was a terrible mistake taking out Gaddafi, it destabilised the entire north African region and led to the further growth of extremism. Just like usurping Hussein did in Iraq.

Gaddafi himself predicted that all this would happen.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭ClovenHoof

The same ones who are scared of Trump will be elected are the same morons who acted like Obama was answer to all humanity's problems 8 years ago.

Obama tuned out to be Bush 2 and they turned a blind eye to it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,493 ✭✭✭ArnoldJRimmer

Samaris wrote: »

I've been living in the US for the last 5 years, and I have to disagree with this. Hillary is absolutely despised by a lot of Republicans, who will still go with their chosen candidate if she is the alternative. I've even heard a couple of Democrats say that they wont vote for her if Bernie is not selected as the nominee, and will abstain instead.

I still think she'll win against Trump, but not a landslide by any means

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement