Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Secret Santa 2014

Options
  • 03-11-2014 4:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,002 ✭✭✭

Ladies and gentlemen, cats, dogs and all other creatures furry, feathered or scaled here is the thread you have all been waiting for: Secret Santa 2014!

pets_zps82d82e8e.jpg

Most of you know the story but for those who don’t – this is a Secret Santa for the pets of boards.

The rules are simple, you can enter as many pets as you like, and you will buy presents for an equal amount of pets.
    Any type of pet can enter – cat, dog, rabbit, rats fish, chickens, reptiles – you get the idea. I know last year DBB wanted a stick insect to enter!

You can buy or create your presents however you like but the limit for spending is €10. You can be surprised how much you can do with that small amount!

You must have 100 posts or over on boards to enter to ensure all entries are genuine posters and once again I'm going to try to stick to a limit of 50 pets.

Closing date for entries: November the 21st.

Posting dates: December 1st to 9th. (Keep in mind especially if ordering presents online)

Opening date: December 22nd

For those of you wishing to enter, PM me with the following:
    Your Details
    -Your Name – Make sure that the package will reach you, you can use your full name or initials.
    -Your Address – this will be treated with the strictest confidence. This can be your home address, or a c/o address/ work address!

Your pet’s details
    -Species:
    -Pet’s name (optional):
    -Is food allowed: (note that some animals may suffer from allergies)
    -Likes/Dislikes:

This thread is going to be a happy fun place to discuss all things secret santa related and post pictures so if there are any problems don’t hesitate to PM me :)

Let the fun commence!

Links to the previous SS threads can be found here, here, here and here. Wow can't believe this is the 5th!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

We're in!

10710896_773893686001607_3333317852842212703_n.jpg?oh=ced01542bedbf9ded807996cea466cae&oe=54EB3250&__gda__=1424966502_f8c6c357b40595cd2272ea95bbbf6276

• Registered Users Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Knine

I'm in.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭angeldaisy

Us too!!

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭nala2012

Im in, it was great last year!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,002 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

2 hours in and ten pets already!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭honerbright

Going to enter my furbabies, but won't have a chance to use the computer till after work around midnight, hopefully there's still space left the way it's going ;) :P

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭ene

i am so so excited for this! i was only saying to aoife the other day that i hope its happening again!

i will be putting molly in it but i won't be back in ireland to open it till the 23rd- i hope thats ok!

ene wrote: »
    i am so so excited for this! i was only saying to aoife the other day that i hope its happening again!

i will be putting molly in it but i won't be back in ireland to open it till the 23rd- i hope thats ok!

Once you get your parcel posted within the dates above the opening date doesn't matter :) (Well, it does matter if you open it before hand, that's cheating...says me! haha :P)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

I'd love to enter with our new addition, Opie!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,983 ✭✭✭Raminahobbin

I'm in! PM sent. Thanks so much for organizing this again this year SMX, it's such good fun :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭SingItOut

I'm in, sending my PM :) had great fun with this last year :) I'm just entering Alli this year, it's her first Christmas with us :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

Count us in! I'm really tempted to stick in our new cat that is being fostered until we fix up out new house... But maybe I should just stay with the rodent!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Just enrolled Brodi, she's been in this from the start and loves it. Last year it was Brodi and Ozzy, unfortunately he's no longer with us, but he loved it last year.
    We'll be getting our new pup a wk before christmas (don't even go there with the xmas pups thing, dog came on heat, breeder bred) but i think she'll be a touch young to take part

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,727 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

scudzilla wrote: »
    Just enrolled Brodi, she's been in this from the start and loves it. Last year it was Brodi and Ozzy, unfortunately he's no longer with us, but he loved it last year.
    We'll be getting our new pup a wk before christmas (don't even go there with the xmas pups thing, dog came on heat, breeder bred) but i think she'll be a touch young to take part

Sorry for the off-topic post, but is new puppy a Boxer too? :)
    Why not enter her and hint strongly at some cool puppy-friendly toy?;)
    In memory of Ozzy maybe?:)
    I actually know a really top-class, super-responsible breeder who bred a Christmas litter... not for Christmas, not at all at all, but because she had to grab the opportunity with this particular bitch when she had it. There are homes that a puppy-at-Christmas is not an issue, it can even be a real positive, and these are the homes that got her pups. Or she held the pups over until the New Year. There's always room for exceptions to rules, ya just gotta know them :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

Entered! And no, it's not for a cow.....

Although DBB may enjoy that challenge being put up....:D

Not even a stick-cow? :(

I not making it too easy either. I did not enter dogs... :D

DBB wrote: »

You mean a holstein? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Sorry for the off-topic post, but is new puppy a Boxer too? :)
    Why not enter her and hint strongly at some cool puppy-friendly toy?;)
    In memory of Ozzy maybe?:)
    I actually know a really top-class, super-responsible breeder who bred a Christmas litter... not for Christmas, not at all at all, but because she had to grab the opportunity with this particular bitch when she had it. There are homes that a puppy-at-Christmas is not an issue, it can even be a real positive, and these are the homes that got her pups. Or she held the pups over until the New Year. There's always room for exceptions to rules, ya just gotta know them :)

Yeah, boxer again, from the same breeder Ozzy came from.

Her bitch came in heat in August so she had to take the chance, she is a top breeder, the pups dad has qualified for Crufts next year!!!

I think i may enter the pup in this too

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭tazwaz

We're in please:-)

• Advertisement

Jesus one of my Secret Santa pets looks like hes not going to see tomorrow, never mind Santa! Say a few fishy prayers for Nidge :eek:

Kovu wrote: »
    You mean a holstein? :p

2rmwc3r.jpg

DBB I'm afraid this may be the closest you'll get...

stick_zpsae2082c3.jpg

Found one for you!:D:D Literal Kovu is literal.

stick_cow.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

Oh my god.....I better get Eddie n Charlie in on this quick before the Aquarium/Viv/Terr lads see this :D:D

Count my 2 messers in SMX :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭honerbright

Entered Max and Roisin because Cinnamon and Poppy were in last year and I didn't want to take up 4 spots with all of them. The kids can share anyway, they're good like that.

Huge thanks to Sillymango for taking this on again this year :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 6,935 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

Have just sent my PM, the excitement already! Can't wait to see who I get :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Dubl07

I'm in! Our first Boards Secret Santa. :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kamili

I've just entered my new black Pomeranian puppy Echo. He's just gone 5 months, and it will be his first Christmas. He will love it!

Thanks again for organizing SillyMangoX!

• Advertisement

Wow my PM's went a bit nuts overnight haha we're now up to 30 entries :D I don't think it filled up at quite this speed last year :O

Advertisement