Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Secret Santa 2013

Options
  • 01-11-2013 12:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,002 ✭✭✭

*******Entries are now closed for 2013, SS quota is FULL*******

Ladies and Gentlemen, back due to popular demand, here it is – Secret Santa 2013!

bigstock_Group_Of_Pets_Together_In_Fron_8258872_zpsc668a7cb.jpg

Anniehoo has kindly handed over the reins to me this year – I’ve a lot to live up to!

Now most of you who have been here over the last few years know the story, but for those newcomers here is an explanation. Animal and Pet Issues Secret Santa is just like a regular one but with a little difference – this is for your pets!

*******Entries are now closed for 2013, SS quota is FULL*******

You can enter as many pets as you like, but remember that you will be buying for an equal amount.
    You can make or buy your present, but the limit for spending is €10 – get creative! This could be one big gift or lots of little ones.

To enter you must have greater than 100 posts on boards – this is to make sure that all entries are genuine posters. I think last year’s number of 50 entries was pretty good so I will stick to that!

All entries must be received by November the 18th.

Posting dates between December 2nd to 9th

Package opening date : December 22nd.

For those of you wishing to enter, PM me with the following:
    Your Details
    Your Name – Make sure that the package will reach you, you can use your full name or initials.
    Your Address – this will be treated with the strictest confidence. This can be your home address, or a c/o address/ work address!

Your pet’s details
    Species:
    Pet’s name (optional):
    Is food allowed: (note that some animals may suffer from allergies)
    Likes/Dislikes:

I’d like to keep the thread a fun, happy place to discuss the festivities/post pictures, so if there are any problems keep it to PMs with either myself or Anniehoo (the supervising mod :P)

As a few of last years entries have sadly passed away, this thread is dedicated to them.xx

au0e.png

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Knine

PM sent :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭SingItOut

PM sent :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,002 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

The thread is only up half an hour and we already have 9 entries!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,023 ✭✭✭✭tk123

YEEEHHoooooooooooo!! PM sent!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

You guys, I am actually crying here!

That's so sweet of you to dedicate this to Beanie and Isabella.

To anyone humming and hawing about whether to take part- do it! It's so much fun!!!!!

Merry Christmas everyone!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,983 ✭✭✭Raminahobbin

I'm fierce excited. Whoever sent me the Santa hat last year: Kayla got VERY good use out of it (much to her dissatisfaction) and it will be making a reappearance again for the festivities this year :D

ae53f79f-1744-4044-b979-d1f9e6604006_zpsb55928c1.jpg

If dogs could make THIS face, she would be doing it in this picture :P

tumblr_lwjjvgVNct1qbcq69.png

I was just telling my mother about this, she thinks I'm absolutely insane, then I reminded her she helped me with the shopping last year.. :pac:

I was just telling my mother about this, she thinks I'm absolutely insane, then I reminded her she helped me with the shopping last year.. :pac:

My now 11 year old daughter helped me last year. We had great fun picking out stuff.

Knine wrote: »
    My now 11 year old daughter helped me last year. We had great fun picking out stuff.

And you did such a good job at it too ;) :P

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭bluecherry74

Count me in again. Last year was great fun! Not sure whether to enter the dogs again this year or enter one dog and one cat and make them share. Rest assured I'll spare ye from having to find a present for a chicken. ;)

There were tears in my eyes when I saw the photos of Beanie and Isabella.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭PurplePrincess

You should enter the chicken for the craic!!! I got a bearded dragon last year and after my initial "what the hell do I get" I started my research and found it very interesting and I learnt loads about them.

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭BullBauld

PM sent.

Myself and Rufus had Beanie last year :(

You should enter the chicken for the craic!!! I got a bearded dragon last year and after my initial "what the hell do I get" I started my research and found it very interesting and I learnt loads about them.

+ 1

God (and SillyMangoX) only knows what's entered this year. :-)

Knine wrote: »
    + 1

God (and SillyMangoX) only knows what's entered this year. :-)

There's a few interesting ones alright :P

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,727 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

Can I also add, though it's been alluded to already, that we'd loooovvve to see a bit of variety in species, so whether you own a pony, a dog, a terrapin or a stick insect, stick your name in the hat!

*note to self: mwa ha haaaa at whoever has to buy a present for a stick insect :-)*

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭bluecherry74

Right, so it looks like I'll be entering one dog, one cat and one chicken. :D I'm going to have to do my own mini draw to decide which ones!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

I HOPE i get the chicken :pac::pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭pampootie

Pm sent. Had the best fun last year letting my dog open the package!

anniehoo wrote: »
    I HOPE i get the chicken :pac::pac::pac::pac:

I'm accepting bribes :P :pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭sambuka41

Ah Beanie, I had him in the first year of SS, so handsome. I'm looking forward to getting out there looking for stuff again!! This is more fun than a human SS!! :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭falabo

Roux and Maxi are in again. Will PM u tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,773 ✭✭✭taytobreath

I have cats, do i get presents for cats to send to another person with cats, sorry im new to this

I have cats, do i get presents for cats to send to another person with cats, sorry im new to this

You could get any species at all that's entered, I'll be drawing names out of a hat when it fills up so you could get anything :)

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭sparkle_23

Can I take part this year even though I'm in Canada? I could have my pets gift sent to my parents in Ireland & they could send it over to me if price of postage would be a problem! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭SingItOut

When we're talking about strange species I think I'm going to add my Chinchilla with the two cats and dog :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭meoklmrk91

PM sent, was too late and never got to enter last year, looks like it could be good fun and I'm sure my buddy would only be too happy to have an extra present.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭angeldaisy

Pm sent, my first time!

Still have space for 15 more pets :) For anyone looking for some happy reading on a cold night, the previous SS threads can be found here, here and here :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,223 ✭✭✭jellybear

Would love to take part but don't have 100 posts yet. Fingers crossed I'll get there by next Christmas ;-) Looking forward to following this years thread!

• Advertisement

I think I could make an exception since you seem to be a regular enough poster here, and sure 70 posts isn't that far off! :P

Advertisement