Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Secret Santa 2012

Options
  • 01-11-2012 1:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭

********ENTRIES CLOSED! QUOTA IS NOW REACHED********

xmaspich.jpg

Now that Halloween is done and dusted it’s time to start the Christmas countdown ho ho ho!It's still early i know but we need to get cracking this month to organise everything.So, some of our regulars will know we have had a fun Secret Santa event within the forum for the last 2 years. See threads here and here. Basically it involves sending a present to another Boardsie’s pet and being their “Secret Santa”. It’s all a bit of fun and a good way to generate some happy Christmas spirit.

You can buy or make a present for your designated pet up to the value of €10. You can enter multiple pets, but remember you will have to buy for multiple pets in return.Last year we had 20 participants and it was great fun.

So if you want to participate it’s really simple:

PM me your details below before 18th November. This gives us time to do the draw and allocate everyone a Secret Santa pet.You must have greater than 100 posts on Boards to be eligible. This allows us to gauge that you are a genuine poster.

Present Posting Period: Dec 1st to 7th

Present Opening Day: Dec 22nd (we all open together on this day)

All I need in a PM from you is the following for each pet participating (copy ,paste and fill in if you wish):

Pet Details (for each pet):
    Species (Dog, Cat etc):
    Breed or Size:
    Your Pet's name (optional):
    Male or Female:
    Is food allowed yes/no:
    Likes/dislikes:

Your Details:

Your Name:
    You can provide as little information as you wish as long as the package will definitely reach you. You can give your name for example as Joe Soap or Mr. J. Soap (Ms. will suffice for all ladies!)

Your Address:
    You will need to provide an address at which you will definitely receive your package, you can either give your home address or a C/O (care of) address.
    These details will remain private and will only be seen by me and Adrenalinjunkie.

We may or may not have a private forum for this until all the formalities are sorted but for now, if you would like to participate feel free to PM me your details.

*********ENTRIES CLOSED! QUOTA HAS BEEN REACHED***********

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

Great stuff...5 Secret Santas so far and the cats are outweighing the dogs at the minute :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,002 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

Me and the 2 fuzzballs are really looking forward to this :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,983 ✭✭✭Raminahobbin

Oooh sounds fun :) I missed this last year, so definitely going to enter herself in it this time round!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

Yay!
    I have been keeping an eye out for goodies for weeks!
    Will be taking part but probably just the dogs this year, cats have loads of stuff! (Kitten steals Ollie's toys)

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭bluecherry74

I've just submitted my two dogs!! :D Looking forward to finding out who I have and shopping for them.

I decided not to include the cats as they don't really like toys, catnip or most treats. Weirdos.

• Advertisement

Yaay we have 17 furry friends participating so far. Brilliant to see lots of new people taking part.

TK Maxx always have some cool and unusual pet stuff if anyones looking for an idea where to shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kamili

Just added my oversized Pom to the mix, looking forward to this now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭cjf

Just submitted my 2 brats! Very easy to buy for I'm always amazed at how many everyday household items can become such treasured toys ... Socks, bottles, empty toilet roles, full toilet roles ... ;-) didn't submit turtle she has finer tastes and not sure an post allow live treats in the post.. Gross!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 947 ✭✭✭zef

Woohooooo! I'm all excited on Dobbys behalf!

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭falabo

just submitted my 2 Cockers Spaniels Roux & Maxi also know as "Chicken" and "Goose"

They just cannot wait !!!

:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

How exciting! I finally have a pet so I can take part yay! Isabella would be very excited if she was awake right now. Which she isn't. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Dunny

Lola is in :)

Im hoping whoever I get posts on here a lot so I can do some snooping and sus out what their pet would like :P

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

My 2 boys are in, I have promised the cat the turkey carcass so that's him sorted :)

We now have a Bearded Dragon taking part very exciting. I may get the thinking cap on for this one if she's my SS :D

Oohh now that will be hard to shop for! Will we be finding out who got who in the end or do we include who it is when we are posting? :D

Oohh now that will be hard to shop for! Will we be finding out who got who in the end or do we include who it is when we are posting? :D
    I know it's great to have a bit of diversity this year isnt it and with Baby and Crumbles hamster too it's definitely shaping up to be a very fun and challenging SS.

No prob if you want to let your SS know who it's from, i personally prefer to keep it secret but that's just me ;) There's lots of new people this year so it'll be surprisingly difficult to find out who got who id say :p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭blahblah06

Is the €10 including post? Hardly?

blahblah06 wrote: »
    Is the €10 including post? Hardly?

If it's like last year then it doesn't include the post :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,023 ✭✭✭✭tk123

:D Just signed up there!! Got excited earlier in town looking at pet Xmas stockings lol!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭LisaO

Just put my 2 boys in. Can't wait to start shopping now!

I just cancelled my bank card so I could get a visa debit issued so I can shop online for the secret santa.

Too Excited?

Nah.

Surely there's enough entered, give us names now!!! :P Every time I walk into a pet shop I'm like ooh yes I'll get this and this.. then realize I mightn't even be shopping for the correct species! :pac:

Surely there's enough entered, give us names now!!! :P Every time I walk into a pet shop I'm like ooh yes I'll get this and this.. then realize I mightn't even be shopping for the correct species! :pac:
    Haha....there's loads, 35 as of today :D:D so it's going to be the biggest one yet!! Feels like aaages to go until the 18th :o

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭tazwaz

We have our guy registered for secret Santa...soooo exciting... Can't wait to go shopping now!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭SingItOut

Just entered my two dogs, The cats will be happy with all the extra meat from dinner :)
    I didn't enter the chinchilla as he'd just destroy whatever was bought for him!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Dunny

Getting the OH to do the shopping lol :p

We just did a draw for a secret santa up in college between 7 of us, but it's not as fun buying for people :( Pets are waaay easier to buy for!!

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭LisaO

We just did a draw for a secret santa up in college between 7 of us, but it's not as fun buying for people :( Pets are waaay easier to buy for!!

......and always so delighted with whatever they get in their prezzies :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Twinkleboots

Just entered there...hope the 50 cap hasn't been reached yet :D

Advertisement