Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Latest Gamestop trade in deal

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,185 ✭✭✭tinodz

Is the list of games applicable to the "Trade 2 get a new game for €9.99" the same as the one for the "Trade 5 for €90 credit"? or is there even a list for the first offer? :confused::confused:

Here are the two deals...

999_trade-list.jpg

TradeMoreGetMore_IrelandBanner.jpg

Click each image to go the the list that concides with each deal

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

what are the new releases though

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Am I Evil?

Tinie wrote: »
    How did you get the free €15 deposit towards tomb raider? What did you say?

Also what 5 games did you trade in to get €130 for them?! :eek: were they games that are out for literally a few weeks?
    haha not sure. the lad just said i could get a free €15 pre order for any game, i didnt ask questions! :pac:

off the top of my head

Halo 4
    black ops 2
    gran turismo 5
    uncharted 3
    saints row 3

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭smiddyboy

Big thanks to the OP.

Saw this thread today, so popped up to my nearest shop to trade in 7 games.

Got €90 for 5 of them and Crysis 3 only cost €5.49 with the other two trade ins!

So all in about €140 for all 7. Only one game was particularly new :

Far Cry and Mass Effect 3 for Crysis

Black ops
    Red Dead Redemption
    Arkham City
    Assasins Creed: Revelations
    Sleeping Dogs
    got €90 for them!

Cheers again!

• Registered Users Posts: 55,469 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Working off the assumption that there will be no extension of the 5/€90 deal, tomorrow (Monday) is the last day....

I have a nice little pile of 10 on my hall table, ready to go.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭Hayezer

If for some reason they don't take my games tomorrow, I'm gonna be so mad. Stuck with 3 sh*tty games that I bought on the cheap in Xtravision!

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭johnf26

Picked up this nice little bundle today 3 of which will go towards my 5 for 90e will ill make lil bit of cash on the rest(worth to shop around) :)

http://www.adverts.ie/games/7-ps3-playstation-games/2736661

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

Mr E wrote: »
    Working off the assumption that there will be no extension of the 5/€90 deal, tomorrow (Monday) is the last day....

I have a nice little pile of 10 on my hall table, ready to go.

The staff in the Parkway are great to deal with man, would recommend heading into them!

Yup, the Parkway is my local. I've spent a lot of money there over the years. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭liamnojo92

I need to pick up a couple of games for the 5 what were the cheapest in xtravision people saw ? thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Just looking through what games are cheap as I may use this deal.

Everybody's Golf Vita is 12 euro

http://www.checkargos.com/StockCheckPage.php?productId=905%2F2585

and according to Smyth Arkham City is only 5 euro on 360!

http://www.toys.ie/DEAL-OF-THE-WEEK-!WCAT64-cat.aspx#!-/-/-/c0219c4a-9d3a-4069-a98d-c20b6c335133

Only in Westmeath though.

http://www.checksmyths.com/StockCheckPage.php?productId=108413

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭snalan

Thanks op, I am just after trading in 15 games and got 270euro credit, happy days

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭mcw92

Traded in Max Payne, Portal 2, Black Ops, Goldeneye on PS3 and Rayman on 3DS for 90 :)

traded in 5more games today just a heads up they print out updated list everyday which arent the same as online so just check with the store by phone 1st before making your way to them just on the off chance your game isn't on the list anymore

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Wii fit is on the list, anyone know if it needs the board also or just the game?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

I went upto Stephens green with prince of persia trilogy, binary domain, assassins creed revelations, deadly premonition and 007 blood stone and was told the deal had ended yesterday. I showed the lady the offer on my phone (clearly stating 4th march) and she then took them in and gave me my 90e credit and said they would have ordinarily come to 36. No sign of this deal being extended like the 2 games plus 9.99 offer.

sweetie wrote: »
    I went upto Stephens green with prince of persia trilogy, binary domain, assassins creed revelations, deadly premonition and 007 blood stone and was told the deal had ended yesterday. I showed the lady the offer on my phone and she then took them in and gave me my 90e credit and said they would have ordinarily come to 36. No sign of this deal being extended like the 2 games plus 9.99 offer.

deal still on in kilkenny was in there this morning

Just traded 13 old-ish games (mainly 3DS and a few 360). €254 -- not a bad days work. He did it in batches (5 + 5 + 3). One of the bundles had a greater trade in value than €90, so that was added to the total. One of the other bundles had a trade-in value of just over €30! Not bad to get €90 out of that....

Thats Tomb Raider, Bioshock Infinite, Castlevania 3DS, Luigis Mansion 2 and Fire Emblem Awakenings pretty much covered.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Oh well, decided to go in a get the new list and it looks pretty pointless trying to shop around for cheap games.

I probably have over 5 on that list but I don't want to trade any of them.

This deal has just reminded me further of how much I miss HMV :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭meoklmrk91

Traded mine in this morning got €96 so happy days. Putting that away for the last of Us anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

can anyone help me with something.

i have sim city reserved for this saturday. will they allow trade ins off the full price?

can anyone help me with something.

i have sim city reserved for this saturday. will they allow trade ins off the full price?

yup of course

johnf26 wrote: »
    yup of course

How much will Sim City be do people think?

Also does anyone know is there any way i can buy the black ops season pass with the store credit?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,331 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

mcw92 wrote: »
    Also does anyone know is there any way i can buy the black ops season pass with the store credit?

You could buy mircosoft points with the store credit and get the pass with the points

PerrinV2 wrote: »
    You could buy mircosoft points with the store credit and get the pass with the points

oh ya thanks, but id be getting PSN points :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

please say they will extend this :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,185 ✭✭✭tinodz

Soby wrote: »
    please say they will extend this :(

Odds are it will be extended, but there is a huge chance most of the decent/older games (the ones that most people in this thread traded in) will be removed from the list.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,095 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Anyone know is this still on today or did it indeed end last night?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭discombobulate

Anyone know is this still on today or did it indeed end last night?
    Ended

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

The '2 games plus 9.99' for a new release is still on. I just got Tomb Raider.

Advertisement