Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nexus 4 ordering process

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Loligator

Yeah. They have a facility up North, with a UK address. So they get it in there and take it down to one of their lockers down South, in my case in town where I just pick it up.

So what would you put down as the shipping address?

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭Incompetent

Loligator wrote: »
    So what would you put down as the shipping address?

Their facility in the north. They have instructions on how to use it on their website. parcelmotel.com

• Registered Users Posts: 46 medelina

I had a new Google Account set up for it. Not sure if it was needed.

It was need. I tired both ways and could only buy with a new uk based google wallet account

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭CSSE09

Had to set up a new gmail address using the uk proxy, order went through fine :D to hell with the 25th of December, christmas day shall be when I go to collect it from parcel motel.

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭dec2000

marcbrophy wrote: »
    Got one!
    4 to 5 weeks though :(

I assume we won't be charged until it ships, yeah?

EDIT: Just realised I've been charged already! Kinda shítty :(

I haven't been charged yet, looks like there may be a hold on it though.
    Also, the email confirmation, 1st line says : You've made a purchase on Google Play. You will not be charged until your order has shipped.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭AidanBoland

Is it unusual that my order still says pending even though i've already been charged?

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭CSSE09

dec2000 wrote: »
    Also, the email confirmation, 1st line says : You've made a purchase on Google Play. You will not be charged until your order has shipped.

Likewise I can see a pending transaction on mine for around €310 with Googles name beside it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

I wish it would work for me, I've tried everything. :mad:
    Hmm actually now It says it went through....I have a feeling it will be cancelled though. Have to hope.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭maxheadroom

I wish it would work for me, I've tried everything. :mad:

I got it to work by:

A) Removing my card from my original google wallet account
    B) Starting tunnelbear and connecting to the uk play store in a private browsing session
    C) Placed order. Set up new account. Used my address with parcelmotel postcode as billing address. Used made up UK phone number.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,442 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

dec2000 wrote: »

Yeah, i noticed that in the confirmation email, says the same as yours!

Maybe it was just a test transaction, and will be reversed tomorrow until the day it ships?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭Nolimits

I think that I somehow got it ordered, could've sworn I got the technical error picture every time but it's showing up in my Google Wallet, I got a confirmation email and I called them and they said it was ordered. I also noticed it looks like they've taken the money all ready.

Though trying to order an 8gb for my mate isn't working for me

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭Not a person

Well i thought i had it ordered at 531pm.

Thank you.
    You've made a purchase on Google Play. You will not be charged until your order has shipped.

Order date: Dec 4, 2012 9:31:22 AM PST

But alas at 723pm:

Google Inc. has cancelled your order. You have not been charged.
    This order was likely canceled for one of the following reasons:
    • Details provided for your credit card do not match those on-file with your financial institution.
    • The address information provided was incomplete and could not be verified.
    • To block an attempt to purchase more than the maximum allowable devices.
    Please visit Google Wallet to verify or update your account information. Be sure that your full billing address is complete and matches those on file with your financial institution or credit card company.

I had
    • used tunnelbear and set up new wallet and gmail account
    • updated credit card billing address with aib to the parcel motel address (this this on online banking)
    • used the parcel motel address as the delivery address.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Well i thought i had it ordered at 531pm.

Thank you.
    You've made a purchase on Google Play. You will not be charged until your order has shipped.

Order date: Dec 4, 2012 9:31:22 AM PST

But alas at 723pm:

• Details provided for your credit card do not match those on-file with your financial institution.
    • The address information provided was incomplete and could not be verified.
    • To block an attempt to purchase more than the maximum allowable devices.
    Please visit Google Wallet to verify or update your account information. Be sure that your full billing address is complete and matches those on file with your financial institution or credit card company.

I had
    • used tunnelbear and set up new wallet and gmail account
    • updated credit card billing address with aib to the parcel motel address (this this on online banking)
    • used the parcel motel address as the delivery address.

I gave up trying AIB visa credit card, i even tried having the bank change my billing address to match parcel motel's Antrim address and still no joy. I reckon there was a security check which picked up the card was irish or used on a previous irish google wallet account.

What did work:
    -create new UK gmail account (you can link it later to your main gmail to keep an eye on tracking)
    -request an AIB visa debit card. AIB are slowly replacing laser with visa debit, phone card services and tell them your laser card is cracking and you'll have a new visa debit within a week.
    -setup the new visa debit card with the new gmail account. use parcel motel in Antrim as billing and shipping address.
    - use tunnelbear to access play store and login with new gmail and pay with new debit card.

Has worked for an N10 last week and fingers crossed an N4 today

I haven't received an email like that though I wouldn't be surprised if I do. I called my credit card company just to make sure there would be no reason from their end to cancel it and see if there was anything I could do if they did have any problems. They told me Google requested the money and were told there were funds available. She said from the credit cards point of view there were no issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭cfeeneyinterior

OK, ordered and my account has a charge or 356.78 ...on it as I used a never before used (via anything online anyways)Visa Debit. Does that mean we are a go?
    I got technical error message when I placed the order, my new Google wallet set up tyoday with Parcel motel info is showing as pending.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,998 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Finally got it ordered. As others have mentioned I had to set up another gmail account with UK details. Surprised money was taken straight away. Anyway hopefully have it first week of January.

Bastards at Google!
    Not only did they cancel my order, but they suspended my wallet account, forcing me to jump through hoops to get it working again :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭maxheadroom

Bastards!:
    Thank you for using Google Wallet. We have noticed some activity on your account: {SNIP} that has prompted us to temporarily suspend use of this account for your security.

For information on how to resolve this issue, please sign in to Google Wallet at https://wallet.google.com/manage/. If you are unable to access your Google Account, you should visit {SNIP} to initiate the process of restoring your Google Account.

Rest assured that Google is committed to preserving the security of your information. Your payment and other information will remain on file in accordance with our Privacy Policy. To review the entire Privacy Policy, please visit https://checkout.google.com/files/privacy.html

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and we thank you for your cooperation during this process.

Order date: Dec 4, 2012 10:46:18 AM PST
    Google order number: {SNIP}

Details provided for your credit card do not match those on-file with your financial institution.
    The address information provided was incomplete and could not be verified.
    To block an attempt to purchase more than the maximum allowable devices.

For further information, please visit our help center, or call us at 1-888-4UNEXUS
    Hello {SNIP},

Thank you for using Google Wallet. In an ongoing effort to provide a safe purchasing environment, Google reviews orders on a regular basis.

It appears that you have created multiple accounts in order to take advantage of our current promotion. However, creating accounts in this manner is not allowed under the terms of this promotion. As a result, we have suspended your account and its associated transactions. You may continue to make purchases with your original Google Wallet account at this time.

The promotion terms were developed to ensure a positive user experience for everyone. If your account use continues not to comply with these terms, you may not be eligible to make purchases through Google Wallet in the future.

Bastards!:

How long after you made the order did they cancel it? I wonder are they cancelling all of the orders made to Parcel Motel?

How do I ring these pricks?
    They've cancelled my order, but already charged me :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭mel123

You would think at this stage google would have their act together. I will probably have to cancel my order which I placed via the US store because its likely they wont have it shipped out until December 23rd/24th. Lets launch a phone and not have enough stock for demand. WTF!!

What kind of card did you order with, visa debit or credit card?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭mel123

Its only a holding on your account, they havnt actually charged you. It will be gone shortly. They were just making sure the money was there. The charge doesnt go on to your credit card until the phone is actually shipped out.

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭talking_walnut

Getting paranoid now :)

Did everyone that has been charged already use a debit card? Credit and debit cards operate differently. It's something to do with them not being able to get pre-approval (might not be the right word) on debit cards so they have to actually take the money immediately. Where as a credit card company confirms the funds will be available if the money needs to be taken at a future date. Found this out the hard way when booking into a hotel before for something business related. I wasn't paying the bill but they still needed a card on file in case they weren't paid on checkout. Only had my debit card so they had to take the money from my account. It was put back in after we checked out and the bill was paid.

No change in my Wallet yet anyway. Fingers crossed :D

What kind of card did you order with, visa debit or credit card?

Bank of Ireland Visa Debit!
    mel123 wrote: »
    Its only a holding on your account, they havnt actually charged you. It will be gone shortly. They were just making sure the money was there. The charge doesnt go on to your credit card until the phone is actually shipped out.

Yeah, thanks for that, I was almost certain that this was the case. I just feel like ringing someone to give out :pac:

If they are cancelling for creating multiple accounts then that's me as good as cancelled :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,302 ✭✭✭positron

Right, I am not holding any hopes of getting one now - Irish debit card, mix and match Irish address with UK post codes, delivery to Parcel Motel - if I were in charge of processing these orders somewhere in Google, I would have to think twice before letting it thru. Sure, it's a very good phone, but it's not a great phone, and as we all know there would be better phones in the market in a matter of months. Meh, I am not too fussed either way now.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,850 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

positron wrote: »
    Right, I am not holding any hopes of getting one now - Irish debit card, mix and match Irish address with UK post codes, delivery to Parcel Motel - if I were in charge of processing these orders somewhere in Google, I would have to think twice before letting it thru. Sure, it's a very good phone, but it's not a great phone, and as we all know there would be better phones in the market in a matter of months. Meh, I am not too fussed either way now.

The trick seems to be to set up a new gmail account while connected to the UK VPN, add a card you have not used before to that account and deliver to parcel motel NI. Someone posted that in another thread, but I have not done it myself as someone bought my N10 for me in NI as I got frustrated trying.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭cfeeneyinterior

Has anyone who bought today gone from Pending to anything else yet? Other than cancelled that is?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭gdon

5starpool wrote: »

The trick seems to be to set up a new gmail account while connected to the UK VPN, add a card you have not used before to that account and deliver to parcel motel NI. Someone posted that in another thread, but I have not done it myself as someone bought my N10 for me in NI as I got frustrated trying.

I just bought another one today for a mate.
    Funny I noticed that it didn't initially accept my Irish card. I simply logged into Google wallet using UK VPN and added my card Irish card again with UK postcode. Then selected parcel motels NI delivery address which I had added before. Worked like a charm even got 16gb model. No need for a new gmail account or anything like that.

Advertisement