Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parcel Motel Thread (post all related questions here)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭vickers209

There'll be some new Parcel Motels going live in the next 2 weeks. We'll be updating our Facebook and Twitter as each one goes live.

Seen one in topaz Kilmacanogue co wicklow is in process of been installed there today:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,319 ✭✭✭Chet T16

Which is the topaz?

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭sligono1

There'll be some new Parcel Motels going live in the next 2 weeks. We'll be updating our Facebook and Twitter as each one goes live.

dont know whats going i have enquired have been told one in sligo will be opening in the next few weeks been told this more than once,the website give no info what so ever,but come on orla could you not be a bit more specific,ye know exactly when and what is opening,so maybe less of the fob off replys to the questions,and a bit more concrete info.
    and as for twitter and facebook its not a real hive for info from parcel motel either only for this thread i would not know alot on the roll out

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭postmanpat78

for all of you in the country,and as i said in an earlier thread,the nightline depot here in finglas,is full of wrapped parcel motels,i suspose waiting to be delivered throughout the country,i drove by there last week,and there was a good few all wrapped up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,227 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

This is ok with us. Just be aware that the dimensional weight (or space this item takes up) is most likely to be over 25kgs. To calculate the dimensional weight multiply the length by the width by the height of the packaging in cm, then divide by 3000. Full information on oversize charges can be found here https://www.parcelmotel.com/how-it-works/pricing-explained/

Cheers. It's actually a stereo I'm thinking of ordering, the speakers could come seperate or in one big box. Either way, I'm saving money getting it through you, so I'll go for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

Is this going to be rolled out to the sticks anytime soon or at all:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭vickers209

Chet T16 wrote: »
    Which is the topaz?

The garage going southbound on n11 towards wexford/wicklow

• Registered Users Posts: 22,015 ✭✭✭✭Esel

for all of you in the country,and as i said in an earlier thread,the nightline depot here in finglas,is full of wrapped parcel motels,i suspose waiting to be delivered throughout the country,i drove by there last week,and there was a good few all wrapped up.
    The units are still in the depot because they cost too much to deliver to the sites due to the dimensional weight issue! :)

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 17 joshua886

Is there a Parcel Motel coming to Limerick if so how long ?????
    Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭sligono1

Basq wrote: »

I asked in the shop this morning they have not a clue when its going in,2-3 weeks or the end of November seem to be Orla's standard answer to every query on a proposed new parcel motel.

Basq i am not trying to be a whinger here its very hard to get concrete info.i would be happy if told it would be the very end of November,or first week in December for sure, but this two or three weeks rough answer its a bit of an fob off.

you have to understand theres a bit of frustration creeping in xmas is comming and this service would make the whole xmas shopping much easier and cheaper with P&P costs.

joshua886 wrote: »
    Is there a Parcel Motel coming to Limerick if so how long ?????
    Thanks

Last we were told was between November 5 and November 12. The locations are Dock Road Topaz (not sure which one of the two) and Caherdavin Topaz.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭MrVestek

sligono1 wrote: »
    I asked in the shop this morning they have not a clue when its going in,2-3 weeks or the end of November seem to be Orla's standard answer to every query on a proposed new parcel motel.

Basq i am not trying to be a whinger here its very hard to get concrete info.i would be happy if told it would be the very end of November,or first week in December for sure, but this two or three weeks rough answer its a bit of an fob off.

you have to understand theres a bit of frustration creeping in xmas is comming and this service would make the whole xmas shopping much easier and cheaper with P&P costs.

It's a service not an entitlement.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 sonyboy

re sligo, the units are already in place at the topaz service station. I saw them there yesterday at the rear of the premsises. Don't know if their operational or not yet though.

sligono1 wrote: »
    I asked in the shop this morning they have not a clue when its going in
    There's a good chance that staff weren't informed til closer to launch..

.. it's not specifically in their interest tbh!

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭dermiestv

Used the service this week for the first time. It worked flawlessly for a new PS3 from Play.com.

Would love to see a ParcelMotel in East Meath area!

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭mac.in

Achilles wrote: »
    It's a service not an entitlement.

It's not a service, it's a business. :D

sonyboy wrote: »
    re sligo, the units are already in place at the topaz service station. I saw them there yesterday at the rear of the premsises. Don't know if they're operational or not yet though.
    You lucky Sligo swines! I checked both Topaz stations on the Dock Road in Limerick early this morning and couldn't see any PM lockers. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭Parcel Motel: Orla

dermiestv wrote: »
    Used the service this week for the first time. It worked flawlessly for a new PS3 from Play.com.

Would love to see a ParcelMotel in East Meath area!

There's one is Ashbourne at the Topaz garage. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭postmanpat78

Esel maybe your right in your earlier post,when they did all that multiplying it was to expensive,and i got my parcel the other day,even before i got me text message,just as well as i checked my emails in the morning,bright and early

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭Parcel Motel: Orla

The wait is finally over! Parcel Motels have started to arrive all over the country! Here's the installation schedule but please be aware that some of these dates could vary slightly depending on site preparations

This week: Blanchardstown Texaco, Deansgrange Texaco, Merrion Gates Texaco, Charlestown Shopping Centre Finglas, Kilmacanogue Topaz, The Goat Goatstown, Dundalk Topaz,Trim Texaco, Naas Tpoaz, Downey's Texaco Portlaoise.

Week ending 9th November: New Mallow Rd Cork, Leitrim St Topaz Cork, Midleton Topaz Cork, Ballincollig Topaz Cork, Dock Rd Topaz Limerick, Cahirdavin Topaz Limerick, Castletroy Texaco Limerick, Aherne's Topaz Thurles.

Week ending 16th November: Greenlane Topaz Carlow, Waterford Rd Topaz Kilkenny, Dunmore Rd Topaz Waterford, Cork Rd Topaz Waterford, Longford Texaco, Casey's Topaz Roscommon, Newcastle Topaz Galway City, Kelly's Centra Letterkenny.

Happy shopping everybody! :D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭GoodisonPark

Still no site in Drogheda - biggest provincial town in the country !!

No Sligo yet either? :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Pj!

Great stuff Orla.

Quick question. If us country folk receive an oversized package will it be sent to Finglas or are there other depots around the country where we could pick it up from?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭gebbel

First time user today and delighted. Can see myself being a regular. Well done guys.

55DAECAE-0187-49D9-BEBD-DCB2AB1F7C04-2052-000001A2128CBB62.jpg

Untitled_217.jpg

Might want to edit your name and PMID out of that!

Orla, is it you i'm waiting on to call me back? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭Jilm

Thanks for the update, Orla.

There are two Topaz service stations on Dock Road in Limerick. Do you know which one will have the Parcel Motel?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭positron

Does anyone know how long it would take for a package to make it's way from NewtownAbbey to a parcel motel in North Dublin? I can see my account has been debited this morning, but hasn't seen any text messages yet. I assume PM debits the account as soon as they receive a package at either of the depots. now I am just wondering how it gets routed and how long it would before it makes it's way to the lockers around Dublin.

positron wrote: »
    Does anyone know how long it would take for a package to make it's way from NewtownAbbey to a parcel motel in North Dublin? I can see my account has been debited this morning, but hasn't seen any text messages yet. I assume PM debits the account as soon as they receive a package at either of the depots. now I am just wondering how it gets routed and how long it would before it makes it's way to the lockers around Dublin.

You should have it in the early hours of the morning

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭MrVestek

positron wrote: »

It's usually within 24 hours after payment being deducted. It's a very fast service.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement