Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parcel Motel Thread (post all related questions here)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭irelandspurs

Something waiting for me but not expecting anything yet,ordered the 18th from uk,surely can't be here yet can it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

Could very well be. I ordered something on the 16th, it arrived on the 18th.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

UsedToWait wrote: »
    Couple of people have asked, and I haven't seen it answered... any updates on the new sites, particularly Dundalk?

go into your account and check the list. there is a new site in cabra

• Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

go into your account and check the list. there is a new site in cabra

ta.. closest one still 50km away - not worth it in fuel costs to use PM yet for me... can't wait for Dundalk to open - lots of shopping to be done for xmas :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Pj!

Plenty of examples in here but more instances reported of Nightline opening parcels in the Lifestyle 30% off thread. These were packages sent within Ireland marked as Lifestyle!
    Why on earth do Nightline feel the need to open other people's parcel for a quick snoop?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,032 ✭✭✭BArra

maybe because often shippers do not put the customers phone number or their address is screwed up, sometimes there might be further documents inside the package that could get the package delivered rather than held up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Pj!

BArra wrote: »
    maybe because often shippers do not put the customers phone number or their address is screwed up, sometimes there might be further documents inside the package that could get the package delivered rather than held up

Could totally understand that on occasion BArra. Far too many reports for them all to be for that reason though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭irelandspurs

Something waiting for me but not expecting anything yet,ordered the 18th from uk,surely can't be here yet can it?

was a letter from uk tv licence saying i had no tv licence registered for antrim address because i bought freesat box from amazon.:mad:

they go through thousands of packages a day, they arent opening every single one. there is no conspiracy theory ;)

you would be surprised how many shippers dont put someones phone number even if its provided. you might put 00353 in front of your number which in turn knocks off the last few digits of your phone number due to the transfer of data from shipper to carrier in some instances

lots and lots of Irish addresses are areas in townlands, there could be 100 houses in the area.

which house is it though? driver would need their phone number

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

BArra wrote: »
    they go through thousands of packages a day, they arent opening every single one. there is no conspiracy theory ;)

you would be surprised how many shippers dont put someones phone number even if its provided. you might put 00353 in front of your number which in turn knocks off the last few digits of your phone number due to the transfer of data from shipper to carrier in some instances

lots and lots of Irish addresses are areas in townlands, there could be 100 houses in the area.

which house is it though? driver would need their phone number

Why if they're not delivering to the house though? They're delivering to the Parcel Motel.

Anyways, I wouldn't mind them opening anything of mine. I suppose they're just making sure there's no forbidden items in the packages.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,056 ✭✭✭✭Esel

was a letter from uk tv licence saying i had no tv licence registered for antrim address because i bought freesat box from amazon.:mad:
    Big brother or what? :eek: :)

Not your ornery onager

it was just an example, data gets screwed up all the time from shipper to carrier resulting in problems. if the label dosent have your PMID info on it or is damaged, ink was running out on label print. there could be a number of reasons

• Registered Users Posts: 10,029 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Hope Orla doesn't have a little portable telly in the staff room. She will probably get a visit from the inspectors now that you have drawn their attention to the place lol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭RUCKING FETARD

Esel wrote: »
    Big brother or what? :eek: :)
    And can probably expect many more, debt collection or court proceedings or some other crap be next.

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭Midnight Sundance

How long does it usually take to get to your chosen destination? 3.50 has been debited from my account but I've not received a text saying anything is ready to be collected.
    Have used this service twice before and would really recommend it to anyone !!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭Parcel Motel: Orla

Pj! wrote: »
    Plenty of examples in here but more instances reported of Nightline opening parcels in the Lifestyle 30% off thread. These were packages sent within Ireland marked as Lifestyle!
    Why on earth do Nightline feel the need to open other people's parcel for a quick snoop?

Hi PJ. We had just 2 posts about open parcels on 4th Oct and we replied on the 5th. We haven't received any complaints about this issue and the tape used on the parcel described is not Nightline or Parcel Motel tape. If you are aware of posts other than the 2 we are aware of (you mention "plenty" and "far too many") can you please tell us where they are and we will contact the customers? Just to reiterate on the 5th, we do NOT open parcels unless we absolutely have to for operational reasons. We do NOT carry out any kind of research on parcel contents for marketing purposes.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Hi Orla, eagerly awaiting opening of your Athlone depot, any word on a date yet?
    Regards

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

slave1 wrote: »
    Hi Orla, eagerly awaiting opening of your Athlone depot, any word on a date yet?
    Regards

Hi there. I'm afraid I don't have an exact date for Athlone, but it should be some time in November. Keep and eye here and on our FaceBook and Twitter for updates.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,812 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Have ye an exact date for Sligo yet? Want to know whether I should wait to do my Christmas shopping?

UsedToWait wrote: »
    Couple of people have asked, and I haven't seen it answered... any updates on the new sites, particularly Dundalk?

Hi there, the Dundalk motel will be opening in the next 2 weeks. Keep an eye out for it to arrive at the Topaz on the Dublin Road!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭living

Hi Orla, time ago I sent you a PM to enable the email alerts in my account but I didn't receive a response...and it wasn't activated either.

Thanks

living wrote: »
    Hi Orla, time ago I sent you a PM to enable the email alerts in my account but I didn't receive a response...and it wasn't activated either.

Thanks

Sorry about the delay. This is activated now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

Hi Orla,
    When and where is the Limerick Depot due to open?

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭nitros7

Sorry about the delay. This is activated now.
    Any Update on Tralee?

Basq wrote: »
    Have ye an exact date for Sligo yet? Want to know whether I should wait to do my Christmas shopping?

The Sligo Parcel Motel is due to open in the next 2 - 3 weeks at the Cartron Hill Topaz. So plenty of time for your Christmas shopping :)

moz wrote: »
    Hi Orla,
    When and where is the Limerick Depot due to open?

We'll have 2 Parcel Motels opening in Limerick over the next 2-3 weeks. One at the Topaz Dock Rd and another at the Caherdavin Topaz. Get the shopping list ready!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,216 ✭✭✭jh79

Hi Orla,

Any update on the Galway parcel motels?

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭lowelife

Any news of Cavan or Mullingar or anything in between :) ?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,228 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

We'll have 2 Parcel Motels opening in Limerick over the next 2-3 weeks. One at the Topaz Dock Rd and another at the Caherdavin Topaz. Get the shopping list ready!:)

Great, 5 minute walk from me :)

• Advertisement

That's scary FutureGuy! I was about to post the exact same thing. :D Caherdavin is well out though.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement