Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Darkys rom on Samsung Galaxy S

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,931 ✭✭✭G1032

superfish wrote: »
    hey lewis im on 9.5 if I was to go to insanity do I just undo the lagfix and put the insanity zip file on my sd and apply it the same way I did with 9.5 or is it more complicated ?

Thats what I did. Worked a treat. Just be sure you disable the lagfix.

And insanity is a stripped down mod whereas Darkys has features.

You can add in any feature you want on insanity once it's installed. It's a much smoother and faster ROM than Darky's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭lewis

G1032 wrote: »
    You can add in any feature you want on insanity once it's installed. It's a much smoother and faster ROM than Darky's.

Sure is, that`s what I`ve been blabbering about for ages, now I`m off to bed, night night.....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭BopNiblets

Jesus, how fast do you lads want to play Angry Birds at anyway, hyperspeed?!

Is anyone on Darky's Rom forum, lets get this feature noticed: Hold down volume buttons to skip to next/previous music track! :pac:
    http://www.darkyrom.com/community/index.php?threads/long-press-volume-buttons-to-skip-songs.1694/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

lewis wrote: »
    Gmail add on pack, I know reading hurts, but it eases the pain when you find your answer, :)

Also if you don`t like the resolution settings you can change them. Slap black android insanity theme on it and she`ll be loverly looking!

I clearly edited my post to inform you I had it sorted, yet you still felt the need to reply like that?

Don't write in previous posts to ask you if you need help, but then act like a wise guy when we do.
    :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Ghandee wrote: »
    I clearly edited my post to inform you I had it sorted, yet you still felt the need to reply like that?

Don't write in previous posts to ask you if you need help, but then act like a wise guy when we do.
    :rolleyes:

Like what?
    I was only saying it just in case some one else ran into the same problem, you did`nt say how you sorted it.
    I was`nt acting like a wise, jesus some people, don`t worry man I won`t do it again for you!

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭superfish

few days on now and I find my battery life is great and the phone is still very fast although there are a fair few bugs that need sorting out but im happy with it over all if it starts to give too much trouble il give insanity a try

few days on now and I find my battery life is great and the phone is still very fast although there are a fair few bugs that need sorting out but im happy with it over all if it starts to give too much trouble il give insanity a try

Bugs seems to be very common when it comes to Darky`s ROM.
    Insanity 7.0 seems to be even better than 6.9, from what I`ve read, I have`nt gone to it cause I don`t want to go through all the hassle of wiping then starting over again, may be over the week end...

Bugs seems to be very common when it comes to Darky`s ROM.
    Insanity 7.0 seems to be even better than 6.9, from what I`ve read, I have`nt gone to it cause I don`t want to go through all the hassle of wiping then starting over again, may be over the week end...

thats why I cant be bothered changing over to insanity just yet im sick of always wiping my phone and losing all my apps

thats why I cant be bothered changing over to insanity just yet im sick of always wiping my phone and losing all my apps

Well I`m on 7.0 and its great.

Don`t you use Titanium to restore apps?

• Advertisement

Well I`m on 7.0 and its great.

Don`t you use Titanium to restore apps?

I did and I saved them to the removable sd now my phone does not recognise my sd properly anymore I even formatted it on another phone then put it back in and the galaxy s still says that the sd has 1gb left same info as before. must be another glitch

I did and I saved them to the removable sd now my phone does not recognise my sd properly anymore I even formatted it on another phone then put it back in and the galaxy s still says that the sd has 1gb left same info as before. must be another glitch

Maybe an SD card fault?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Copy them to pc then transfer them over wifi to the sd, install them and then delete them after. Your SD card probably needs a format which will wipe all

• Registered Users Posts: 1,870 ✭✭✭bittihuduga

i have decided to take a plunge into this.
    i am on emobile 2.2 froyo
    i assume i have to follow below instructions:
    http://www.darkyrom.com/community/index.php?threads/guide-installing-darkys-rom-on-2-2-2-2-1-i9000-i9000m-only.1041/

is it safe step?
    what will happen to my settings of emobile for mms, internet, etc if any? should i manually put it?

can i directly install 9.5? (is it stable)?

• Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭DrZeuss

http://www.darkyrom.com/community/index.php?threads/guide-installing-darkys-rom-on-2-2-2-2-1-i9000-i9000m-only.1041/

is it safe step?
    what will happen to my settings of emobile for mms, internet, etc if any? should i manually put it?

Good choice
    You won't regret doing it.

Your settings should be ok, iv never lost any of my vodafone settings and i have flashed often.

At the time I installed 9.2 directly (which was the most stable at the time) so going direct to 9.5 should be fine, its very stable.
    I'm running it since it became stable and all is well.

One thing, read the instructions, downland everything you need,
    then read the instructions again, just be sure your comfortable, and most of all,
    follow the instructions to a tee.

Major thing, make sure you can get into recovery mode and download mode before doing anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,551 ✭✭✭Squeeonline

is it safe step?

Should all be fine. My 3 settings were updated. Darky has a file with loads of them on. If you are worried, take down the details from the APN settings and you can just plug 'em back in later.

You wont regret it!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

Has anyone overclocked and undervolted Darkys rom ?
    Thinking of undervolting as I've heard this can Get extra battery life. Not that bothered about overclocking. Just wondering if anyone has done this. I know SetCPU and overclock but what about undervolting ?

New Dark Core 1.4 folks (default Darkys 9.5 is only Dark Core 1.0)
    http://www.darkyrom.com/community/index.php?threads%2Fkernel-dark-core-1-4-now-with-i897-captivate-support.2055%2F
    No need to disable lagfix or do anything else before flashing this (that is if you ARE currently on Dark Core or Voodoo kernel)

Ste- wrote: »
    Has anyone overclocked and undervolted Darkys rom ?
    Thinking of undervolting as I've heard this can Get extra battery life. Not that bothered about overclocking. Just wondering if anyone has done this. I know SetCPU and overclock but what about undervolting ?

I was OC 1.2 and UV 75, that was stable for me and it seemed to be good battery life, I was on Insanity 6.9 W/ Damian`s RC3 kernel.

Just remember to take the UV and OC in steps, don`t just jump to the highest/lowest of them, use your phone for a few hours and see how it handles it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,551 ✭✭✭Squeeonline

Thats crazy, I just installed DC 1.2 yesterday!

• Advertisement

On Darky's 9.5 again.
    Since the flash to 9.5 my GPS isn't working.
    I did the SGS Tools fix.
    I just get one of the following messages when I open Navigation

'Waiting for location' or

'Checking navigation availability'

Anyone any ideas for a fix for this??

On Darky's 9.5 again.
    Since the flash to 9.5 my GPS isn't working.
    I did the SGS Tools fix.
    I just get one of the following messages when I open Navigation

'Waiting for location' or

'Checking navigation availability'

Anyone any ideas for a fix for this??

Ya may hop up on your roof and hold your phone fairly high, lol

Ya may hop up on your roof and hold your phone fairly high, lol

:D
    Got it working. Didn't get up on the roof though!!!!!!!

:D
    Got it working. Didn't get up on the roof though!!!!!!!

You should of seen the face of the wife when I was waving my phone in the figure of 8 to calibrate it for GPS, lol, I looked like something out of Kung Phone Panda

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

I'm in two minds.
    Do I try insanity or just upgrade to Darky Core 1.4 ?
    My Darkys 9.5 is more or less working as I'd like it. Do i leave as is or try a new rom. Damn it is addictive trying new roms!

I'm in two minds.
    My Darkys 9.5 is more or less working as I'd like it. Do i leave as is or try a new rom. Damn it is addictive trying new roms!

Upgrading to 1.4 kernel takes a few seconds and doesn't reset/wipe any settings. Its only a kernel upgrade, not a full rom upgrade. Its got nothing new other than slightly better memory management.

I'm in two minds.

Insanity is a whole different ball game, but its worth it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭crazygeryy

can you go from darkys to insanity without a problem?is there a guide?

I was on Darky's since version 9.0
    I deciced after v9.3 to switch to Insanity. The results were class. Very smooth. Very fast. Not even a hint of lag.

But..........I had gotten used to the sound enhancements from the Voodoo Kernel on Darky's.
    Listening to music on Insanity wasn't as good as listening to music with the Voodoo sound fix.
    So I tried to flash the Voodoo Kernel on the Insanity ROM with absolutely terrible results!!! Made a complete sh!te of the phone and after a lot of messing around ended up flashing Darky's 9.2 via Odin.
    So still on 9.2, but replaced the Kernel with the latest Voodoo one.

Insanity is worth it if you just want a super smooth lag free phone and don't mind the poorer sound quality for your music.

I'm sure there is a way to properly flash the Voodoo Kernel on the Insanity ROM, I just didn't do the proper research.
    Couldn't be bothered with any more flashing at this stage.
    Gonna wait for a stable Darky's v10
    crazygeryy wrote: »

1. Disable Lagfix
    2. Flash Insanity via CWM

• Advertisement

crazygeryy wrote: »

Yeah the best way to do it, disable all tweaks/lagfix`s, revert system back to RFS(if not already on it) and follow this guide, its like Odin but easier and quicker.....

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=991792

Then go ahead and flash this bad boy, everythings there for you so, it won`t take you long...

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=843019
    I was on Darky's since version 9.0
    I deciced after v9.3 to switch to Insanity. The results were class. Very smooth. Very fast. Not even a hint of lag.

But..........I had gotten used to the sound enhancements from the Voodoo Kernel on Darky's.
    Listening to music on Insanity wasn't as good as listening to music with the Voodoo sound fix.
    So I tried to flash the Voodoo Kernel on the Insanity ROM with absolutely terrible results!!! Made a complete sh!te of the phone and after a lot of messing around ended up flashing Darky's 9.2 via Odin.
    So still on 9.2, but replaced the Kernel with the latest Voodoo one.

Insanity is worth it if you just want a super smooth lag free phone and don't mind the poorer sound quality for your music.

I'm sure there is a way to properly flash the Voodoo Kernel on the Insanity ROM, I just didn't do the proper research.
    Couldn't be bothered with any more flashing at this stage.
    Gonna wait for a stable Darky's v10

1. Disable Lagfix
    2. Flash Insanity via CWM

Ah I could`nt care about the sound quality on Insanity, that`s what mp3 players are for.
    Try Damian`s latest, his is user friendly and has lots of tweaks..here`s the link..

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=959696

Advertisement