Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Darkys rom on Samsung Galaxy S

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭Gaffs89

PogMoThoin wrote: »
    I'm finding the stock gallery very slow also, open sgs tools, upgrade stock apps and install the modded gallery

Note, it may break something, I upgraded the email client before to the Galaxy tab one and had to revert when the barcode scanner stopped working

Have upgraded to 9.5 from 9.4 , did full wipe just to be sure.No issues with Gallery, upgraded it anyway.The 2 bugs I noticed in 9.4 are fixed, call recording, app instalation .I found battery much improved in 9.4 , so I hope this is the same at least,.I was getting 2 good days before I hit 20%. The wi fi sleep setting that Hecklar mentioned has helped big time.
    So if the battery is as good as I was getting I think this could be the perfect rom, no more upgrading, unless .........

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭superfish

is it sgs tools, upgrade stock apps then modded 3d gallery to fix the lag in the gallery ? oh and to answer the ealier question it was just my phone that totally froze going into gallery although my gfs was slow going into gallery for the first time my phone had 9.5 installed over 9.4 wit no wipe but hers I installed 9.2 first then did a wipe and put 9.5 straight on after a reset both phone are up to speed, although one thing ive noticed is if you go into gallery and click the settings button it highlights the first bottom left folder then you click it again and it puts a selection tick in that folder for you and you cant uncheck it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭lewis

Forget about the 3D gallery, its a load of poop and slow as hell, get QuicPic, its fast as hell and simple to use!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,959 ✭✭✭G1032

@Lewis

I know this is the Darky's thread but what is the default lagfix on insanity 0.6.9?
    I disabled voodoo before Insanity install and am wondering can I delete the Voodoo folder on my sd card? I'm afraid that it I accidently delete the 'disable-lagfix' (stranger things have happened) folder I created in the Voodoo folder that Voodoo will enable on a reboot and mess up my phone

lewis wrote: »
    Forget about the 3D gallery, its a load of poop and slow as hell, get QuicPic, its fast as hell and simple to use!!
    you were right its way faster then the standard gallery cheers for the heads up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭Squeeonline

budgemook wrote: »
    So yesterday I did a wipe upgrade to 9.4.

Going to do a non wipe upgrade to 9.5 today so I don't have the bugs.

I hear people saying make sure you disable lagfix. Why's that? Do I just do it in Darkys Configuration app?

Thanks

I didnt wipe but I did disable lagfix on recommendation. I've upgraded before without disabling and everything worked, just seemed to use more RAM, meaning that the launcher would be killed and had to restart every time you went to the front page.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭BopNiblets

How does one disable lagfix, if I have one (I didn't install OCLF lagfix or anything)?
    I put 9.4 on the other day does it put lagfix on with default setup?
    I remember creating a folder /Voodoo/disable-lagfix on the SD as part of the installation guide but I don't know what that was for, there's some files in that directory now... :/

I don't want to wipe again, so I'll try it without it, and I preferred the old battery meter and boot animations! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Reboot into recovery and check, there's a lagfix option

G1032 wrote: »
    @Lewis

I know this is the Darky's thread but what is the default lagfix on insanity 0.6.9?
    I disabled voodoo before Insanity install and am wondering can I delete the Voodoo folder on my sd card? I'm afraid that it I accidently delete the 'disable-lagfix' (stranger things have happened) folder I created in the Voodoo folder that Voodoo will enable on a reboot and mess up my phone

To be honest with ya man I can`t answer that question, I`m not that knowledgeable when it comes to specs.
    But with the Nitrality app and Damian`s kernel it makes things fast and smooth.
    I`d say you could, nothing to do with Voodoo on Insanity, any ways if your going back to Darky`s ROM, you`d be doing a clean install.

Did you do a full wipe when moving to Insanity?

Nice one Lewis, it is much simpler and faster.

• Advertisement

superfish wrote: »
    you were right its way faster then the standard gallery cheers for the heads up
    Gaffs89 wrote: »
    Nice one Lewis, it is much simpler and faster.

Glad I could help!!

Reboot into recovery and check, there's a lagfix option
    Kewl, disabled.
    One more question, to use the Darkys Mod Configurator, do you guys know if it will work with the stock recovery menu? I didn't install CWM.
    I don't want to do a wipe and not sure if installing the zip from normal recovery will wipe my stuff.

BopNiblets wrote: »
    Kewl, disabled.
    One more question, to use the Darkys Mod Configurator, do you guys know if it will work with the stock recovery menu? I didn't install CWM.
    I don't want to do a wipe and not sure if installing the zip from normal recovery will wipe my stuff.

Normal recovery won't install it

Edit, how did you check lagfix without CWM?

Quadrant >500 ?

Normal recovery won't install it

There was a lagfix option in the stock recovery menu.

I haven't put CWM on it but I have DR v9.4 installed, I don't see the need for CWM really...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,959 ✭✭✭G1032

To be honest with ya man I can`t answer that question, I`m not that knowledgeable when it comes to specs.
    But with the Nitrality app and Damian`s kernel it makes things fast and smooth.
    I`d say you could, nothing to do with Voodoo on Insanity, any ways if your going back to Darky`s ROM, you`d be doing a clean install.

Did you do a full wipe when moving to Insanity?

Ya. Did a full wipe. I can't believe how fast and smooth it is. 0.7.0 coming out soon. Might go back to Darky's when he comes up with his 2.3 release. We'll see. But I'll be sticking to Insanity for the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,830 ✭✭✭budgemook

Since I upgraded to 9.5 (excellent by the way, pushing two days battery too), I haven't got my notification light anymore.

I had become very accustomed to that and was taking it for granted. I miss it. Any way to get it back?

budgemook wrote: »
    Since I upgraded to 9.5 (excellent by the way, pushing two days battery too), I haven't got my notification light anymore.

I had become very accustomed to that and was taking it for granted. I miss it. Any way to get it back?

BLN is off by default. Just open up the BLN app and activate.

I installed a theme today http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=944277

as well as a new boot animation http://www.darkyrom.com/community/index.php?threads/bootanimation-my-bootanimation-collection.1660/ - honeycomb.

It's funny that the phone is still Froyo, but the theme is two ahead!

BopNiblets wrote: »
    Kewl, disabled.
    Yeah tried it there, it works!
    CWM, bah! :D

When you have a look in Darky`s forum, there`s nothing but complaints/moans/"I think I found a bug",etc....

Then take a stroll over to Insanity and its all quiet, very little to no complaints or "bugs" found, I used to be on 9.3 but since I found Insanity, I`ve never looked back....:)

• Advertisement

When you have a look in Darky`s forum, there`s nothing but complaints/moans/"I think I found a bug",etc....

Then take a stroll over to Insanity and its all quiet, very little to no complaints or "bugs" found, I used to be on 9.3 but since I found Insanity, I`ve never looked back....:)

hey lewis im on 9.5 if I was to go to insanity do I just undo the lagfix and put the insanity zip file on my sd and apply it the same way I did with 9.5 or is it more complicated ?

Because lots more people are using Darkys

hey lewis im on 9.5 if I was to go to insanity do I just undo the lagfix and put the insanity zip file on my sd and apply it the same way I did with 9.5 or is it more complicated ?

This is what you should do,

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=991792

have a read through the steps first, its not hard, it`ll take you about 20 minutes, EZbase is like Resurrection, just a base ROM, once on that you flash Insanity and the apps you want.
    Slap Damian`s kernel with it, its Gold now so its stable as hell, here`s the link..

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=959696

Go for...1.2 CWM, the last one, its the latest.
    Use the ROM for a few days give it time to settle and what not and you`ll never think about going to another ROM...well at least for a GOOD while, lol.

Let me know if you need any help and I`ll try help you out :)

Lots more "noobs"

hey guys sorry to go off topic but has anyone used an app called applanet it supposedly lets you have any paid app for free you cant get it from the market you have to go to the website and download it from the qr code, has anyone tried it before and is it safe or legal ?

link removed lol

hey guys sorry to go off topic but has anyone used an app called applanet it supposedly lets you have any paid app for free you cant get it from the market you have to go to the website and download it from the qr code, has anyone tried it before and is it safe or legal ?

Don't think it's legal and they don't like you to talk about it on Boards.ie
    You should remove the link or you'll get a salp on the wrist, lol

ha ha took it down, it states in their website that any developer who does not want their app to be given out for free has to contact applanet and request it to be taken down, so thats where I got confused surely if this was illegal they would not care ?

And insanity is a stripped down mod whereas Darkys has features.

link removed lol

all I can say is that I use this product or service. Frequently.

link removed lol

Never heard of it...;)
    And insanity is a stripped down mod whereas Darkys has features.

Features that still don`t make it as fast as Insanity, you can always add later in Insanity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

Am on this rom now too, one problem I have encountered.
    How the hell do I synch contacts from gmail to phone?

Have selected the synch gmail contacts in the settings menu, I now have a phone with no phone numbers saved.
    :mad:

Edit, sorted.

Nice rom btw!

• Advertisement

Ghandee wrote: »
    Am on this rom now too, one problem I have encountered.
    How the hell do I synch contacts from gmail to phone?

Have selected the synch gmail contacts in the settings menu, I now have a phone with no phone numbers saved.
    :mad:

Edit, sorted.

Nice rom btw!

Gmail add on pack, I know reading hurts, but it eases the pain when you find your answer, :)

Also if you don`t like the resolution settings you can change them. Slap black android insanity theme on it and she`ll be loverly looking!

Advertisement