Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deals On Sky TV Service - (Mostly Cancellation deals)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭waxmelts2000

Rang sky to cancel and guess what they do not work at weekends in the cancellations department, only Monday to Friday...! Currently paying €62.50 for BB and entertainment package

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

Hi All, I'm looking for some advise from anyone who got a good deal recently. When you ring Sky, do you ask to cancel straight away or do you ask for a deal first? I am just out of contract and will ring them next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,063 ✭✭✭TheRiverman

I got a great deal from Sky three years ago,I cancelled my subscription and went for Saorview and free to air satellite.It took about two years for them to stop annoying me will calls to go back to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,463 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

Valyawl wrote: »
    Rang sky to cancel and guess what they do not work at weekends in the cancellations department, only Monday to Friday...! Currently paying €62.50 for BB and entertainment package

Your current deal seems okay. Hope you get something better all the same!

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭waxmelts2000

Just off the phone to SKY I have kept BB at €40 but best they could do to keep TV along with it, was €56.25 with BB for 9 months and then €75 for 3 months (12 month contract) so overall more or less the same price as I am paying now. I will see how I go coming into summer months if I can live without the SKY!! They were not trying to keep my business anyway!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,635 ✭✭✭donegal.

Valyawl wrote: »
    Just off the phone to SKY I have kept BB at €40

val you can probably get a discount on your bb as well

edit, what i pay for bb:
    Sky Connect Unlimited €20.00
    Viewing Subscription Discounted - €15.00
    Total €5.00

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭ImARebel

I got BB + TV for 70eur for 9 months, full price for 3 (89eur), but I had to agree a 12 month contract

I took it in the end as I'd pain in my face from ringing them and talking to a person pretending to be a bubbly and nice on the other end. I couldn't take the cheeriness and then a rubbish offer, lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,789 ✭✭✭Alf Stewart.

Ok here goes.

Currently paying VF 40 a month for home phone and broadband (80 meg)

Paying sky almost 70 a month. (HD + Multiroom and everything except sport and movies)

Cosidering getting an all in one package with sky (so can chuck Vodafone)

Anyone know if sky block any internet services (I use kodi quite a bit) and will my speeds stay roughly the same or not?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭ads20101

Sky do not block kodi - well not so far anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭fifi28

Ok here goes.

Currently paying VF 40 a month for home phone and broadband (80 meg)

Paying sky almost 70 a month. (HD + Multiroom and everything except sport and movies)

Cosidering getting an all in one package with sky (so can chuck Vodafone)

Anyone know if sky block any internet services (I use kodi quite a bit) and will my speeds stay roughly the same or not?

I was in your position just over a year ago. Switched over and have no complaints whatsoever since. Id say my fibre actually got better but in saying that sky/voda all use the same lines so you shouldn't have any issues. My fibre is completely unlimited - just aswell with all the phones/tablets etc in this house! I dont know anything about kodi but I dont have any issues downloading/streaming from the free movies/series sites I use.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭NikoTopps

Hi,does anyone know what the latest going offer is or what I should expect them to offer?Have been paying full price for the Entertainment pack which is around 40€ and looking to get an offer. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭meathman0

NikoTopps wrote: »
    Hi,does anyone know what the latest going offer is or what I should expect them to offer?Have been paying full price for the Entertainment pack which is around 40€ and looking to get an offer. Thanks.

I called them yesterday, same pack as you, offered €4. Off so €35. no contract or. €30 12 month contract, tell them to go ahead and cancle.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭cw67irl

fifi28 wrote: »
    I was in your position just over a year ago. Switched over and have no complaints whatsoever since. Id say my fibre actually got better but in saying that sky/voda all use the same lines so you shouldn't have any issues. My fibre is completely unlimited - just aswell with all the phones/tablets etc in this house! I dont know anything about kodi but I dont have any issues downloading/streaming from the free movies/series sites I use.

Bit of a stupid question but whats kodi?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,463 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

cw67irl wrote: »
    Bit of a stupid question but whats kodi?

Seriously?

http://bfy.tw/Df

• Registered Users Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭Cherrycola

I cancelled back in April, and just got a letter today and a phone call to come back, offering 50% off any package for 9mths on a 12mth contract. So that's €19.50 instead of the €39 we were paying.
    But in all honesty we are managing just fine without it, have all the free channels and Netflix now too, and it's grand! So I don't think we will bother.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,320 ✭✭✭BBMcQ

If ppl work for large multinationals, check if you are eligible for the Sky Affiliate Friends and Family discount. 50% off everything for 12 months at a time. New customers only I think

• Registered Users Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭Cherrycola

Got an email offering 40% off for 12 mths! So €17.70 for the original bundle. Offer ends June 30th.
    Still more than I'd be prepared to pay to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭loopymum

Cherrycola wrote: »
    Got an email offering 40% off for 12 mths! So €17.70 for the original bundle. Offer ends June 30th.
    Still more than I'd be prepared to pay to be honest.

same
    and before that I got 50% off for 9 months with 12 month contract

Wont be going back for now anyway, have a wetek play now

• Registered Users Posts: 2,255 ✭✭✭Shlippery

Quick question, been reading back through the deals here and couldn't spot anything with the whole bundle including landline..?

Figured it might be safe asking here before hopping over to the Talk To: forum.

Trying to see if I can sort anything for my parents, they're on €94 p/m which seems a bit much for the landline, Broadband (not fibrer.. grr) and Sky+ Variety, they've been paying this forever, so definitely out of contract, would it be beneficial to try call and see if they do anything? Or is the threat of cancelling the only way of getting a deal?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,208 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

Shlippery wrote: »
    Quick question, been reading back through the deals here and couldn't spot anything with the whole bundle including landline..?

Figured it might be safe asking here before hopping over to the Talk To: forum.

Trying to see if I can sort anything for my parents, they're on €94 p/m which seems a bit much for the landline, Broadband (not fibrer.. grr) and Sky+ Variety, they've been paying this forever, so definitely out of contract, would it be beneficial to try call and see if they do anything? Or is the threat of cancelling the only way of getting a deal?

Dont ask for a deal, phone up and say you want to cancel ,cant afford it any more ,then take it from there ,you will get a better deal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,635 ✭✭✭donegal.

Shlippery wrote: »
    Quick question, been reading back through the deals here ........

see posts 4659 and 3965.

deals offered when i tried to cancel

edit: for the older offer i'd left sky for a few months

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭CJmasgrande

Sky prices should drop now with the fall in sterling, they harped on long enough that our price increases were due to weak Euro to the pound

• Registered Users Posts: 15,829 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Sky prices should drop now with the fall in sterling, they harped on long enough that our price increases were due to weak Euro to the pound

it hasn't fallen that much. Reports say its at a 30 year low, but yesterday a pound was worth €1.30. Today it's only worth €1.24.

This day 3 years ago a pound was worth €1.17. Go back to January 2009, a pound was almost on a par with the Euro and would only buy you €1.02.

So I'm not sure where these reports of a 30 year low are coming from. Can anyone shed any light?

• Registered Users Posts: 45,824 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Not a hope in hell

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭firestarter51

Seve OB wrote: »
    it hasn't fallen that much. Reports say its at a 30 year low, but yesterday a pound was worth €1.30. Today it's only worth €1.24.

This day 3 years ago a pound was worth €1.17. Go back to January 2009, a pound was almost on a par with the Euro and would only buy you €1.02.

So I'm not sure where these reports of a 30 year low are coming from. Can anyone shed any light?

It's press blowing it all out of proportion
    This isn't a 30 year low, people seem to be believing it though, check the other bargain alerts, talks of trips to newry etc which was great when it was €1 for £1
    Sky won't drop prices at all
    all they will want to do now is push the newer box and take everyone's money
    I was offered 50% off any package with no contract but I'm no using another device and seem to be watching a lot less crap, I have all the channels I just haven't connected a hard drive to record yet

Scrap sky altogether and after a couple of weeks you won't regret it and a few quid in the bank too

• Registered Users Posts: 15,829 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

It's press blowing it all out of proportion
    This isn't a 30 year low, people seem to be believing it though, check the other bargain alerts, talks of trips to newry etc which was great when it was €1 for £1
    Sky won't drop prices at all
    all they will want to do now is push the newer box and take everyone's money
    I was offered 50% off any package with no contract but I'm no using another device and seem to be watching a lot less crap, I have all the channels I just haven't connected a hard drive to record yet

Scrap sky altogether and after a couple of weeks you won't regret it and a few quid in the bank too

I'm long rid of Sky. I still have their box though, with a London card in it, and recording working fine! :D

Openbox myself and 3 sky boxes with English cards

• Registered Users Posts: 2,255 ✭✭✭Shlippery

Cheers lads, called up there and got €24 knocked off our Variety package for 9 months, and a few other bits, waiting for the changes to appear in on my Sky ID to see exactly what the new price will be, but great to get savings from a simple phone call. €94 p/m was just astronomical.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭joebloggs32

Seve OB wrote: »

They don't just measure sterling's value v one currency. The euro is similarly weak compared to just a few years ago due to QE by the ECB
    Relatively speaking sterling has weakened when compared to a broad range of currencies internationally, such as the Yen and the Dollar etc

• Advertisement

They don't just measure sterling's value v one currency. The euro is similarly weak compared to just a few years ago due to QE by the ECB
    Relatively speaking sterling has weakened when compared to a broad range of currencies internationally, such as the Yen and the Dollar etc

Sky won't be dropping the prices regardless of the exchange rate
    Sky have set the charges and it will only go up, greedy company imo

Advertisement