Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HTC One [Megathread]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,007 ✭✭✭nedd

So I have been running the Lollipop update on my M7 for a couple of days now. This is the MaximusHD version from XDA.

So far so good. To be honest there is very little difference, HTC have totally bastardised the AOSP version to turn it into Sense, a lot of the functionality Google introduced in Lollipop is missing from the Sense version. Simple things like animations and others are missing.

But other than that everything is going very well.

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭pmce4

Hi Basil3 I tried to install the Llabtoofers rom but couldn't get pasted the ID checks. Are there any root options out there at the moment for the 5.01 dev rom as I need to instaLL TWRP to get past this problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

nedd wrote: »
    So I have been running the Lollipop update on my M7 for a couple of days now. This is the MaximusHD version from XDA.

So far so good. To be honest there is very little difference, HTC have totally bastardised the AOSP version to turn it into Sense, a lot of the functionality Google introduced in Lollipop is missing from the Sense version. Simple things like animations and others are missing.

But other than that everything is going very well.

I find it much smoother and much more usable than the GPe edition.

The big overhaul will come with a fully materialised Sense 7, its a decent last update for the M7.

Besides animations is there anything you really miss from the stock android ?

pmce4 wrote: »
    Hi Basil3 I tried to install the Llabtoofers rom but couldn't get pasted the ID checks. Are there any root options out there at the moment for the 5.01 dev rom as I need to instaLL TWRP to get past this problem.

You should just need to flash TWRP recovery, flash Llabtoofer's firmware, then flash his ROM.

rom is up and running so far so good but the firmware would not install so went straight to the rom install and did a full wipe install. would you still recommend trying to install the firmware?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

rom is up and running so far so good but the firmware would not install so went straight to the rom install and did a full wipe install. would you still recommend trying to install the firmware?

I couldn't flash it yesterday so I tried the one contained in this thread. Worked the treat.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,007 ✭✭✭nedd

I suppose there is nothing else I really miss from GPE but there were nice little touches, I liked the volume change functionality (the priority setting) but HTC have something like this with DND.

All told it is a very minor update from 4.4 Sense ROM to 5.0 Sense ROM, where as the update from KitKat to Lollipop AOSP felt much bigger.

You should be fine, although it's always best to have matching firmware and ROM. Why wouldn't the firmware install? If you do it via adb you often have to flash twice, once straight after the other.
    beno619 wrote: »
    I couldn't flash it yesterday so I tried the one contained in this thread. Worked the treat.

Just be careful, that is M7 firmware, for people in here talking about M8!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

Basil3 wrote: »

I know this is a generic htc one thread, but there is a m8 thread. There's a lot to ignore here for us poor m7 owners. :O

You should be fine, although it's always best to have matching firmware and ROM. Why wouldn't the firmware install? If you do it via adb you often have to flash twice, once straight after the other.

Thanks I managed to flash the firmware and then the Rom. This is a great Rom thanks for your help

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,032 ✭✭✭BArra

How long does it take SBE to book in a phone once its arrived for repair?

They received my HTC One M7 on Wednesday 20th, and there is still no reference to it on their tracking system

Emailed them and got a S/N, J/N and i have the IMEI, none work on the tracking tool

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

I've a rooted HTC One and have disabled the stock internet app,anybody can advise how I can add an alternative app to the taskbar between the app icon and camera icon???

Screenshot Screenshot_2015-01-23-17-47-17.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

Just drag whatever app you want down to it.

seligehgit wrote: »
    I've a rooted HTC One and have disabled the stock internet app,anybody can advise how I can add an alternative app to the taskbar between the app icon and camera icon???

Screenshot Screenshot_2015-01-23-17-47-17.jpg

Errr....you're rooted, but what version of Sense/Android are you on? Since a year ago, battery has been white and dock has been transparent.

You might need to go to app drawer to add to the dock.

BArra wrote: »
    How long does it take SBE to book in a phone once its arrived for repair?

They received my HTC One M7 on Wednesday 20th, and there is still no reference to it on their tracking system

Emailed them and got a S/N, J/N and i have the IMEI, none work on the tracking tool

They send it off to the UK for repair. Takes about 2 to 3 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,684 ✭✭✭waynegalway

So I went back to stock ROM and recovery yesterday after about 6 months of custom ROMs. My M7 is completely stock now, back to basics! The stock ROM I used for the restore (mine is a 401 variant) is on Android 4.4.3, and I believe that by going back to stock recovery, I should now be able to get OTA updates from HTC. Is that correct? If that's the case, is 4.4.3 the latest version they've done for the M7? I was expecting to see a 4.4.4 system update ready for download after booting up, but the system update screen is saying I've got the latest version. Is 4.4.3 the latest for the M7 right now?

Errr....you're rooted, but what version of Sense/Android are you on? Since a year ago, battery has been white and dock has been transparent.

You might need to go to app drawer to add to the dock.

Can't drag it down?

Android version 4.1.2

HTC Sense 5.0

How does one go to app drawer to add to the dock?

Can't drag it down?

Android version 4.1.2

HTC Sense 5.0

How does one go to app drawer to add to the dock?

The app drawer is the icon in the middle of your dock.

You're on the M7 or One X?

So I went back to stock ROM and recovery yesterday after about 6 months of custom ROMs. My M7 is completely stock now, back to basics! The stock ROM I used for the restore (mine is a 401 variant) is on Android 4.4.3, and I believe that by going back to stock recovery, I should now be able to get OTA updates from HTC. Is that correct? If that's the case, is 4.4.3 the latest version they've done for the M7? I was expecting to see a 4.4.4 system update ready for download after booting up, but the system update screen is saying I've got the latest version. Is 4.4.3 the latest for the M7 right now?

You are on the latest version. Next update will be Android 5.0.1 which is due before end of February.

The app drawer is the icon in the middle of your dock.

You're on the M7 or One X?

Not too sure I've got the original HTC One,not One X.

• Advertisement

Sorted it,just dragged the app from the app drawer.Thanks Basil3 :)

Not too sure I've got the original HTC One,not One X.

One X was the original, then One M7, then One M8.

Just checking because if you're on the M7, you're on some seriously old software.

So i sent my HTC One M7 to SBE for pink/purple haze issue, it had pristine screen and was factory unlocked. It arrived with them well packed on Wed 21/1.

I received back a replacement 'Grade A' model HTC One M7 today, packed in a box with a little bubble wrap, the box was too big so it was bouncing around during transit. (contrary to how their social media says you should pack your phone if returning to them)

The replacement phones entire screen is covered in scratches, has O2 bloatware, and is locked to O2.

Surely these guys do some QC on these things? Surely when a replacement is issued its either a new phone or a refurb with new case/screen etc?

attached is a few pics, am i over-reacting? I think its ridiculous really, ive got back a worse phone than i sent them. Have emailed HTC with a complaint and SBE

http://oi59.tinypic.com/2h3rmmu.jpg
    http://oi57.tinypic.com/epnd5s.jpg
    http://oi57.tinypic.com/2ekp4pj.jpg
    http://oi60.tinypic.com/307qlms.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭beardo81

So i sent my HTC One M7 to SBE for pink/purple haze issue, it had pristine screen and was factory unlocked. It arrived with them well packed on Wed 21/1.

I received back a replacement 'Grade A' model HTC One M7 today, packed in a box with a little bubble wrap, the box was too big so it was bouncing around during transit. (contrary to how their social media says you should pack your phone if returning to them)

The replacement phones entire screen is covered in scratches, has O2 bloatware, and is locked to O2.

Surely these guys do some QC on these things? Surely when a replacement is issued its either a new phone or a refurb with new case/screen etc?

attached is a few pics, am i over-reacting? I think its ridiculous really, ive got back a worse phone than i sent them. Have emailed HTC with a complaint and SBE

http://oi59.tinypic.com/2h3rmmu.jpg
    http://oi57.tinypic.com/epnd5s.jpg
    http://oi57.tinypic.com/2ekp4pj.jpg
    http://oi60.tinypic.com/307qlms.jpg

Quick turnaround but that's a fairly shocking unit to send you and mark as Grade A. Make sure you escalate the complaint if they do not answer promptly, use social media if necessary.

Just curious, how is the camera on the replacement?

not suffering the pink/purple haze issue, but ive used it for ten mins. its pointless as its locked to O2 and im on vodafone.

IMEI check says its 13 month old phone

• Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭1jcdub

not suffering the pink/purple haze issue, but ive used it for ten mins. its pointless as its locked to O2 and im on vodafone.

Send it back and demand a new phone or threaten to get one the media sites including HTC themselves. Shocking conditon. The very least you should expect is your original phone back repaired and in the condition you have it to them.

That's bad service, hopefully your case is the exception. Not that it helps you much.

They would need to send you a pristine unit out next to compensate... or a brand new M8!

im a bit annoyed to be honest, have already posted on htc ireland facebook page and sent SBE a message on facebook, funny how they have locked comments from being posted on the SBE facebook page.

have emailed HTC direct aswell and SBE of course too.

im a bit annoyed to be honest, have already posted on htc ireland facebook page and sent SBE a message on facebook, funny how they have locked comments from being posted on the SBE facebook page.

have emailed HTC direct aswell and SBE of course too.

Contact them via Twitter too if you can, I have found that the most effective way of getting results from companies in the past.

You have every right to be pissed off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

That's really bad. I don't know how they could let the phone out of their factory with a screen like that. I certainly wouldn't be happy. I'd also expect the phone to be unlocked too if that's what I had given them. I hope you get sorted.

Advertisement