Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend an Android Box that runs XBMC - [No copyrighted material]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭reni10

Looks like I finally found my ultimate Android TV Box that is as much as can be future proofed: Minix X8H-PLUS
    http://promotion.geekbuying.com/promotion/minix_neo_x8-h_plus

Gigabit Ethernet
    4k Playback
    H265 Playback
    IR Remote

Hopefully will be upgradeable to Lollipop and have good custom ROM support.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,640 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Allyall wrote: »
    The MXQ, I installed a few ROMS, but went with this
    ROM version 108k4 Compiled 27 October - MIRROR1 - MIRROR2
    It seems very good now, bit tired will know more tomorrow. No slow down, no lagging and more importantly Media112 doesn't seem to be as much of resource hog, but still is a waste. I'm going to remove it altogether from the firmware.

@Dahat, what method are you using to flash it?
    Try the Amlogic burning tool. It should work. I am going to hit bed now, and don't have links handy, but it should be an easy google.

EDIT. - (This should hopefully be it, there should be a newer version)

FROM HERE [2ND METHOD]

Appreciate the post but I've decided to leave it on Android as I don't know what's wrong and only guessing from Google and YouTube searches. .
    Linux will just have to wait for the next box, preferably a cheapish one!.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

dahat wrote: »
    Appreciate the post but I've decided to leave it on Android as I don't know what's wrong and only guessing from Google and YouTube searches. .
    Linux will just have to wait for the next box, preferably a cheapish one!.

I ended up selling my M8 aswell. Wouldn't be knowlegable enough to go changing roms and didn't want to brick it!

I ended up selling my M8 aswell. Wouldn't be knowlegable enough to go changing roms and didn't want to brick it!

Mine would be fine but I suspect the seller somehow corrupted recovery maybe???
    .I'll keep it and enjoy it as is, just isn't Linux!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

The above method is safe enough, although the M8 has had a lot of problems in the past. That method will unbrick it if it's bricked
    But it will also allow you to install another ROM if it is locked.

I got few boxes today. Not sure what I'm looking at.

I have
    S812 version of CX-S806 (Youtube video link with horrible music :D) it's very small.
    A (Dubious) S802 version of CS918T (Can't find a link for that version model)
    and one or two more old ones.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭BobMc

reni10 wrote: »
    Looks like I finally found my ultimate Android TV Box that is as much as can be future proofed: Minix X8H-PLUS
    http://promotion.geekbuying.com/promotion/minix_neo_x8-h_plus

Gigabit Ethernet
    4k Playback
    H265 Playback
    IR Remote

Hopefully will be upgradeable to Lollipop and have good custom ROM support.

have a x8-h, and an x-5, might like to move the 8h upstairs and get this for living room, any irish sellers around on this yet

• Registered Users Posts: 4,635 ✭✭✭donegal.

i have to buy a kris kringle present.
    what box would you recommend for a max budget of 50euro?

i would probably only be used for xbmc and would need quite good wifi. i dont mind sticking a few add-ons onto it , but would prefare not to have to flash roms etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭reni10

BobMc wrote: »
    have a x8-h, and an x-5, might like to move the 8h upstairs and get this for living room, any irish sellers around on this yet

Think it is only officially released today so might be a few weeks before someone like Futeko has it in stock but it will be the one I go for...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

coldfire1x wrote: »

Would love to have one of these, highest spec I could find around.....

Buy one and do a review...:P

Wonder what the firmware is like on them?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,353 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

I have a Tronsmart box, never had any issue with it.

Not sure what the firmware is going to be like. Saw in the details that they are going to release a linux image for it as well. Which would be nice to play around with.

Might order one soon :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

coldfire1x wrote: »
    I have a Tronsmart box, never had any issue with it.

Not sure what the firmware is going to be like. Saw in the details that they are going to release a linux image for it as well. Which would be nice to play around with.

Might order one soon :)

Pay day today and very tempted...have for Xmas as well.....I can only find on geekbuying and price seem quite high

Geekbuying are the official supplier for Tronsmart. You may find it under a different name.

Other device similar (IMO better), and cheaper. There are a lot more.

APM-D01
    Meegopad T01
    ECS Liva (on Amazon.com)

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Colibri

• Registered Users Posts: 6,115 ✭✭✭Invincible

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭k123456

Hi Folks, for me India Pak add on not working, just wondering , is my setup or is pak india not working for others here

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭DenMan

k123456 wrote: »
    Hi Folks, for me India Pak add on not working, just wondering , is my setup or is pak india not working for others here

Thanks

It wouldn't work for me either on Friday night. The FA Cup game was on. Script error message!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭Heraldoffreeent

Thanks

I'm not watching it (have something else on at the moment( but I'm seeing loads of posts on the Kodi FB page saying its not working.

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭baingal nancer

Thanks

Its gone for good folks

Its gone for good folks

Seriously? :eek:

• Advertisement

Comfirmed! Sadly so! :(

10385505_994566187226072_5490667009702315630_n.jpg?oh=009c87e8050e1cef04d44e297202f0d5&oe=54DC0B42&__gda__=1428083194_431ef34c87b238842fd6ddedf4c3753c

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭baingal nancer

Thanks

Its gone for good folks

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Colibri

Invincible wrote: »
    Or this one for a fraction.....
    http://www.gearbest.com/tv-box/pp_33676.html

What if customs decides to add a charge?

Thanks

A Good Rule of Thumb:
    Best to always avoid anything that is made by that author.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭iba

A Good Rule of Thumb:

The quality was extremely good whilst it lasted though.

A Good Rule of Thumb:

Mikey1234? Any reason why?

He has another add on which is decent but not sports.

iba wrote: »
    The quality was extremely good whilst it lasted though.

The same quality are very easily found elsewhere, without having to venture too far.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭iba

The same quality are very easily found elsewhere, without having to venture too far.

We are not all as intelligent as you at understanding and finding things my friend.

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭styron

Jesus, don't get yourself banned or we're all fooked :pac:

• Advertisement

dahat wrote: »
    Mikey1234? Any reason why?

He has another add on which is decent but not sports.

He's only really interested in the money, and has a long history of looking after himself while creating a big mess for a lot of the average users.
    If you want to pay for streams, there are way better options.
    Looking him up with -xunity added after his name should wield better results. 4th and 6th in those particular results. He has flooded google with his name to try and bury them, but they're not hard to find. He has quite a few plugins, and TBH some aren't bad, but you can find equal ones elsewhere.
    iba wrote: »
    We are not all as intelligent as you at understanding and finding things my friend.

What I meant by that is, You should may already have tools installed.... ;)
    styron wrote: »
    Jesus, don't get yourself banned or we're all fooked :pac:
    :D
    Yikes, I hope not..

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement