Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend an Android Box that runs XBMC - [No copyrighted material]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,640 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Guy from Ireland, Satbox.ie selling M8 box at €104 euro,loaded as they say.

He has quite a good rep as a seller by all accounts. Decent price for a good box and he will have updated firmware on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,117 ✭✭✭Invincible

dahat wrote: »

He has quite a good rep as a seller by all accounts. Decent price for a good box and he will have updated firmware on it.

Good bit more expensive than the M8 you mentioned earlier for €63 delivered from Gearbest.com.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

The WiFi is abysmal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭deckie27

Would like a pm also please :)

And me. Thanks

Invincible wrote: »
    Good bit more expensive than the M8 you mentioned earlier for €63 delivered from Gearbest.com.

Yep but no customs and ready to go, suits some people.

• Advertisement

The WiFi is abysmal.

Have you tried Linux? Or any other ROM?

• Registered Users Posts: 46 houseinthesun

Big Nelly wrote: »
    Cant be discussed on thread.....PM is ok :P

Can someone PM me also, much appreciated!

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭robbie67

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Big Nelly View Post
    Cant be discussed on thread.....PM is ok

Can someone PM me as well, much appreciated!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,704 ✭✭✭BandMember

Is anyone having issues with a certain biblically named add on? I keep getting booted out of the streams every couple of minutes and the video/audio is badly out of sync. Any ideas please?

PM if preferable.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 nano267

i like a pm also please

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Mickalus

Going to randomly start PM'n people just for the craic, seems like the thing to do on this thread. :D:D:D

The WiFi is abysmal.

What kind of experience were you having?

I have one and not really finding any problems with streaming content. Not using it overly much, but have watched a few football games online, and streaming from other boxes on the network with no issues. (Slight bit of buffering for a large BR rip over the network about half way thru the movie - had to pause and make tea but grand after that)
    I do have a decent wireless N router (eFibre) and it's not all that far from router to box so no real interference going on.

Mickalus wrote: »
    Going to randomly start PM'n people just for the craic, seems like the thing to do on this thread. :D:D:D

What kind of experience were you having?

I have one and not really finding any problems with streaming content. Not using it overly much, but have watched a few football games online, and streaming from other boxes on the network with no issues. (Slight bit of buffering for a large BR rip over the network about half way thru the movie - had to pause and make tea but grand after that)
    I do have a decent wireless N router (eFibre) and it's not all that far from router to box so no real interference going on.

What ROM are you using?

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Mickalus

What ROM are you using?

Not sure, bought from droidsticks.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭acelt67

Can someone PM me too please

• Registered Users Posts: 49 thelynchs

Could i get a PM too Please...! on another note, just ordered an MXIII from Amazon £68 - €85 worked out cheaper than Gearbest, Aliexpress - Fingers crossed it does the business, oh its the 2GB version too :)

thelynchs wrote: »
    Could i get a PM too Please...! on another note, just ordered an MXIII from Amazon £68 - €85 worked out cheaper than Gearbest, Aliexpress - Fingers crossed it does the business, oh its the 2GB version too :)

There's a link earlier for the MXIII 2GB for €61.99 with code MAXY from Gearbest :)

Invincible wrote: »
    There's a link earlier for the MXIII 2GB for €61.99 with code MAXY from Gearbest :)

I saw that, but from what i remember ( and i googled my face off for a cheap box ) the postage was an additional €25 ( i think) and customs could add a few bob more. Plus the wait. for €85, and my first box, i'm happy out :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

thelynchs wrote: »
    I saw that, but from what i remember ( and i googled my face off for a cheap box ) the postage was an additional €25 ( i think) and customs could add a few bob more. Plus the wait. for €85, and my first box, i'm happy out :)

Postage was included in the code.....

Best of luck with the box!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

loads of posts on here about PM's.....

Could one of the mods confirm what the status is from boards point of view, dont want to be going outside the rules

Thanks again Big Nelly - really appreciate all the help & suggestions from everyone here !

• Advertisement

Code took 6% off, postage was free apart from that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭Dr Turk Turkelton

acelt67 wrote: »
    Can someone PM me too please

Could someone PM me s well please?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭cullenswood

I don't think anyone actually sends any PMs on this anyway! At least I haven't gotten any!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,265 CMod ✭✭✭✭MiCr0

Let me be clear about this - no requested details even via PM for copyright content, or apps to get to copyright content

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Hey just wondering about the media skin you mention, are you refering to the launcher? I seen they had this installed on the box I bought recently. I left it running.....didn't think it was resource hungry

Hey, sorry for the late reply, I'm only getting around to this box now, i got sidetracked.
    Yep, I'm referring to the 112MediaBox Launcher, which on this box in particular is a ridiculous hog. :(
    I'm going to try four different roms today, and will post back which one I think is best. I think it's the same rom as one of the MXIII's, but I'm not yet sure if it's the realtek or broadcom version.

EDIT.

Also, I didn't bother trying to flash it using the method mentioned in previous post, It was the same way as most now.
    1. Extract image to SD Card (Micro SD in this case)
    2. Cocktail stick into AV hole.
    3. Boot.
    4. Update from Ext.

Been trying to load Stanes Linux onto my M8 but it won't due to verification failed error.

When I boot into recovery the Android man is on his back with red triangle and when I try to update from ext I get error msg above.

I have tried Open Elec and same result.

Box came flashed with the Mediaman ROM I have mentioned before and am currently unable to flash any ROM.

Anyone got any helpful advice?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭massy086

Been trying to load Stanes Linux onto my M8 but it won't due to verification failed error.

When I boot into recovery the Android man is on his back with red triangle and when I try to update from ext I get error msg above.

I have tried Open Elec and same result.

Box came flashed with the Mediaman ROM I have mentioned before and am currently unable to flash any ROM.

Anyone got any helpful advice?

try install openelec its great on the mx2 http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.php?18603-ROM-OpenELEC-for-Amlogic-based-TV-boxes-(M8-MXQ-TV110-MX2-G18)

massy086 wrote: »

Tried that also,wouldn't install for same reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭massy086

Tried that also,wouldn't install for same reason.

maybe try put it back to stock and then try or try another sd card and format it fat32

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

The MXQ, I installed a few ROMS, but went with this
    ROM version 108k4 Compiled 27 October - MIRROR1 - MIRROR2
    It seems very good now, bit tired will know more tomorrow. No slow down, no lagging and more importantly Media112 doesn't seem to be as much of resource hog, but still is a waste. I'm going to remove it altogether from the firmware.

@Dahat, what method are you using to flash it?
    Try the Amlogic burning tool. It should work. I am going to hit bed now, and don't have links handy, but it should be an easy google.

EDIT. - (This should hopefully be it, there should be a newer version)

FROM HERE [2ND METHOD]
    If for some reasons, your firmware is badly damaged, and can’t access the recovery mode, that may be the only way to unbrick your board.. Here’s how to proceed. (I haven’t tried myself).
    1. Download amlogic_tools.rar
    2. You may also want to install Moborobo to make sure you’ve got the right drivers.
    3. Extract USB_Burning_Tool_v2.0.0.140306_Alpha_x86.rar from amlogic_tools.rar and click on setup_v2.0.0.140306_Alpha_x86.exe to install the tool
    4. Start the USB burning toolS802_USB_Burning_Tool_OrigClick on File->Import image and select your .img firmware.
    f7og6Jv.png?1
    Click on File->Import image and select your .img firmware

5. make sure your S802 device is powered powered off, with the USB OTG port connected to your PC. Use a toothpick to press the recovery button, and power the device. The USB burning tool should automatically detect your device. (If not, install the moborobo tool).
    6. Now click on the Start button button to proceed with the firmware update which should last several minutes.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement