Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pregnant Womans Moan Thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭nikpmup

Isolt wrote: »
    My moan today is that I have another kidney infection and have been signed off work again until Monday. I imagine my boss is ready to disown me altogether at this stage!
    I knew I had one and I ignored it as long as I could but my heart was racing, I was dizzy and could barely pee at all. So I'm glad now I went and got checked! Baby's heartbeat sounded perfect today :)
    30 weeks on Saturday - I wouldn't complain if I went at 37 weeks (provided baby is ready and healthy!) because 10 weeks seems like aaages away now!

Fcuk your boss - I went into labour 4 weeks early as a result of a kidney infection! Lie down in bed and sip fluids until you feel better

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Isolt

Thanks nikpmup, my health and baby is my priority now and if I can't juggle them with work then work will have to take the back seat.
    I have been relatively well for this pregnancy up until about 24 weeks, so feel a bit disappointed to be struggling a bit now. I feel lazy!

Also, labour this early is NOT what I want. So I will rest all day and take my antibiotics as directed :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Penny Dreadful

Thanks nikpmup, my health and baby is my priority now and if I can't juggle them with work then work will have to take the back seat.
    I have been relatively well for this pregnancy up until about 24 weeks, so feel a bit disappointed to be struggling a bit now. I feel lazy!

Also, labour this early is NOT what I want. So I will rest all day and take my antibiotics as directed :)

Me too! After the initial 12-14 weeks of mad tiredness and sleeplessness and nausea I got a new lease of life and was flying - tons of energy and interest in things and felt a million dollars.
    Then I hit week 27-28 and the infamous 3rd trimester. Along came the SPD again, back ache (not too frequent or too bad thankfully), exhaustion and difficulty in sleeping or turning over in bed. Feel exhausted almost all of the time now and can't wait for some R&R at the weekend.
    I've found it quite difficult to accept the new limitations on myself physically and sometimes wonder am I just being a bit of a drama queen. Then I remember I'm growing a new person - growing humans is hard work and its ok to feel tired and some limitations are ok.

Rest, take your antibiotics and let work be. The way I look at mine is that they'll have to manage without me soon enough for long enough and if they don't put the correct systems and procedures in place now to deal with my absesnce when it comes around it will be their problem not mine. We'll all be gone for such a long time that any work related problems will not be ours when we get back. Its different to being gone for a few weeks as the mess can be left on your desk to deal with when you return. 26 weeks + is too long for anything to be left.
    Yazers for maternity leave eh!;):D

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭baby_pebble

I'm only 5+3 and I am so tired :( woke up 4 this morning for an hour and didn't fall asleep til I ate a few crackers!! Feel like now that I know I'm actually pregnant I'm more tired and nauseous than when I kinda knew! Mind playing tricks?

I'm only 5+3 and I am so tired :( woke up 4 this morning for an hour and didn't fall asleep til I ate a few crackers!! Feel like now that I know I'm actually pregnant I'm more tired and nauseous than when I kinda knew! Mind playing tricks?

Maybe a little but I know myself that I found out when I was 2 weeks pregnant and felt fine but as the weeks passed and the hormone levels increased and I had an onslaught of being tired, insomnia (that one really bugged me!), waking up to pee when I finally did fall asleep, nausea, the works!.
    This got particularly strong from about week 8 to 12 and I had to lock my office door most days and have a nap on my desk. :eek::o
    Magical week 14 came then and I felt brand new again.
    The mad hunger hasn't hit me at all. Once or twice I've been hungry enough for two breakfasts i.e. I've had wheatabix and then an hour later porridge but that has been very rare. At 29 weeks now I don't think its gonna hit in at all.
    I may live to regret those words:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭pastry2010

My moan today is public transport, would you believe NOBODY offers to give a heavily pregnant woman a seat?! It shocked me when it happened first and now everyday it happens, I get on at the red cow and they all see the bump but nobody is arsed to give their seat.

Anyone else find people very ignorant on luas/bus/dart??

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Isolt

I find people on busses way more inclined to give up a seat to me. I've only had it once on the luas though, people hold onto those seats for dear life. Twice now I've had men actually stand on me on a crowded luis, despite the bump. I don't mind standing but don't be so rude to actually shove or lean on a small pregnant woman

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭Karmella

pastry2010 wrote: »
    My moan today is public transport, would you believe NOBODY offers to give a heavily pregnant woman a seat?! It shocked me when it happened first and now everyday it happens, I get on at the red cow and they all see the bump but nobody is arsed to give their seat.

Anyone else find people very ignorant on luas/bus/dart??

That's terrible alright, what I find amazing is the amount of men who sit down in the packed maternity waiting room and leave the women standing!! Occasionally you'd see someone give their partner a dig to get up, or else a passing midwife gives a roar.

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭tishandy

My moan today is that I have another kidney infection and have been signed off work again until Monday. I imagine my boss is ready to disown me altogether at this stage!
    I knew I had one and I ignored it as long as I could but my heart was racing, I was dizzy and could barely pee at all. So I'm glad now I went and got checked! Baby's heartbeat sounded perfect today :)
    30 weeks on Saturday - I wouldn't complain if I went at 37 weeks (provided baby is ready and healthy!) because 10 weeks seems like aaages away now!

Mind yourself, I spent a few days in hospital this week with a kidney infection that caused pre term labour! thankfully I held baby in but at 33 weeks it was scary there for a bit.

I find people on busses way more inclined to give up a seat to me. I've only had it once on the luas though, people hold onto those seats for dear life. Twice now I've had men actually stand on me on a crowded luis, despite the bump. I don't mind standing but don't be so rude to actually shove or lean on a small pregnant woman

I'd shove them back how dare they!!well it's made me more determined to teach my little one manners and respect which is seriously lacking in this day and age!!

I don't mind standing but it's just the principal, they have this idea that they paid the same as me and therefore entitled to leave me standing. My back has been giving me awful trouble this week and I think I'm just getting angry at the general public now haha :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭comongethappy

I'd shove them back how dare they!!well it's made me more determined to teach my little one manners and respect which is seriously lacking in this day and age!!

I don't mind standing but it's just the principal, they have this idea that they paid the same as me and therefore entitled to leave me standing. My back has been giving me awful trouble this week and I think I'm just getting angry at the general public now haha :)

I'm very lucky, I use the luas green line and it's only a handful of times people haven't offered a seat. Though I would say offers are 20 % women and 80 % men. The times I haven't been offered a seat there were only women sitting around.

It's nice that there are so many good people still out there. Mornings I don't mind standing, but my feet and ankles are huge in the evenings and I am dying for a seat

• Registered Users Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭Synyster Shadow

I've had this where they used me as a paling post to lean against I can tell ya they weren't long moving.. As for sitting most the time I was more comfortable standing but at my own go visits it was so hot and never got a seat.. At antenatal appointments the receptionist moved men so we could sit

I've had this where they used me as a paling post to lean against I can tell ya they weren't long moving.. As for sitting most the time I was more comfortable standing but at my own go visits it was so hot and never got a seat.. At antenatal appointments the receptionist moved men so we could sit

I think it's terrible that the receptionist even has to do that, my OH will only use a seat if there's loads and it's quiet. On the luas now..I got a seat so I didn't have to fight for one!

Baby shower on Saturday, my sister has organised so looking forward to that as I've had a tough week!

How's everyone finding the heat? Hotter than Milan today!!

I think it's terrible that the receptionist even has to do that, my OH will only use a seat if there's loads and it's quiet. On the luas now..I got a seat so I didn't have to fight for one!

Baby shower on Saturday, my sister has organised so looking forward to that as I've had a tough week!

How's everyone finding the heat? Hotter than Milan today!!

Heat is unreal! Already had two ice pops this morning trying to cool down - dreading the heat in the office :(

Too hot too hot too hot.

Almost melted into a puddle yesterday! Seems set to be the same today.

Its exhausting.

So I've developed pregnancy diabetes and am carrying a monster (4lb 13 oz at 31+1 :eek: )

Karmella wrote: »
    So I've developed pregnancy diabetes and am carrying a monster (4lb 13 oz at 31+1 :eek: )

Oh no Karmella, I am so sorry to hear that. It really puts a limit on what you can eat and drink :( . Are they putting you on tablets or injection? At least your little one won't be too small.

Oh no Karmella, I am so sorry to hear that. It really puts a limit on what you can eat and drink :( . Are they putting you on tablets or injection? At least your little one won't be too small.

Neither yet, going to monitor my blood sugar level and I have to make major changes to my diet & exercise first. If that doesn't work then they'll look into treatment.

It's just such a pain in the hole.

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭madeinamerica

gah, very uncomfy today in my desk chair at work. had to change the height as my stomach was getting squashed between the bump and my ribs. to make it worse, I've been chewing gum this afternoon to help with the nausea but that just filled my stomach with air! more uncomfy! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

I'm like a raving loony. Today I was knocked over by a stray dog, had an argument with the warden when I rang him because my dog wasn't muzzled at the time (I was honest when he asked) I really cut myself with a butter knife, Got crumbs in my eyes while eating a biscuit, burned my hands on an oven tray then finally dropped the Hoover on my toe. On dropping the Hoover I curled up on the couch and had a little cry.

Having a bad day and it's really getting to me. Husband on the way home with nachos so it's about to improve :)

• Advertisement

Whispered wrote: »
    I'm like a raving loony. Today I was knocked over by a stray dog, had an argument with the warden when I rang him because my dog wasn't muzzled at the time (I was honest when he asked) I really cut myself with a butter knife, Got crumbs in my eyes while eating a biscuit, burned my hands on an oven tray then finally dropped the Hoover on my toe. On dropping the Hoover I curled up on the couch and had a little cry.

Having a bad day and it's really getting to me. Husband on the way home with nachos so it's about to improve :)

Oh goodness that's a bad day at the office alright!! Don't worry, just forget about it now and think that tomorrow can't be as bad!! Great that your hubby is coming home with treats :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭73trix

Sore, achey, balloony feet! :eek:

crazy sleep is annoying me! Woke up before 4am, couldn't get back to sleep so got up at 5 and went on the computer with the intention of doing some work. Had breakfast at 6 but got my usual nausea afterwards. By 7 I was feeling unwell and getting very tired so decided to lie on the couch 'for a minute'. Woke up at 9. Nausea still there :( still feel like I want to sleep more but can't. As my friend says, I'm sick of being tired and I'm tired of being sick!

gah, very uncomfy today in my desk chair at work. had to change the height as my stomach was getting squashed between the bump and my ribs. to make it worse, I've been chewing gum this afternoon to help with the nausea but that just filled my stomach with air! more uncomfy! :(
    On the days where I feel squashed like an accordion because the baby puts pressure on my ribs just as you described, I get on all 4s, let my belly and baby hang down like a hammock and sway my hips from side to side.
    Doing this for about 10 minutes at a time eases the pressure a bit. It doesn't make it all right totally but does give a little relief.
    Also getting into a position where I'm dropped to my hunkers with my belly between my legs and not on them and my arms up over my head leaning on a table or chair helps with the air problem too!
    Looks weird and you don't want an audience but it certainly helps me.
    crazy sleep is annoying me! Woke up before 4am, couldn't get back to sleep so got up at 5 and went on the computer with the intention of doing some work. Had breakfast at 6 but got my usual nausea afterwards. By 7 I was feeling unwell and getting very tired so decided to lie on the couch 'for a minute'. Woke up at 9. Nausea still there :( still feel like I want to sleep more but can't. As my friend says, I'm sick of being tired and I'm tired of being sick!
    Ah yes, there are days the "magical" journey ain't quite so magical aren't there!

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭jelliebellie

Am almost 32 weeks and oh so impatient to finish up in work!!! 6 more weeks, seems like forever. Just want to meet bubs already :(

On the days where I feel squashed like an accordion because the baby puts pressure on my ribs just as you described, I get on all 4s, let my belly and baby hang down like a hammock and sway my hips from side to side.
    Doing this for about 10 minutes at a time eases the pressure a bit. It doesn't make it all right totally but does give a little relief.
    Also getting into a position where I'm dropped to my hunkers with my belly between my legs and not on them and my arms up over my head leaning on a table or chair helps with the air problem too!
    Looks weird and you don't want an audience but it certainly helps me.

Ah yes, there are days the "magical" journey ain't quite so magical aren't there!

Thanks Penny, I'll try those moves. Don't really care what it looks like if it relieves that awful uncomfortable feeling!

Got a seat on the luas so that's half the battle of a Monday morning, has anyone noticed if they have really stiff calves...the backs of my legs are so stiff and sore the last week, I've been stretching them, thought it maybe a result of the muscle spasms during the night.

Got a seat on the luas so that's half the battle of a Monday morning, has anyone noticed if they have really stiff calves...the backs of my legs are so stiff and sore the last week, I've been stretching them, thought it maybe a result of the muscle spasms during the night.

This stiff and sore calf muscles business started with me about 2 weeks ago. Some cramping in the early morning, I catch it in time and ease the cramp but the stiffness lasts all day.
    I rub some of my moisturiser into my legs and put my feet up with a few pillows under them as soon as I get home. It helps the blood flow back up to your heart and alleviates the pressure. If you're able to try to lie on the floor (a pillow to support your lower back and head would be good) and scooch as close to the wall you can and rise your legs up against it- basically you're going to lie there in an "L" shape.
    It's very relaxing, helps with blood flow and cause you can't do anything for anyone is some quiet time for you.
    This will be possible/ impossible depending on the size of your bump. The pillows under the legs works a treat regardless.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭Lucuma

Karmella wrote: »

Sorry to hear that. Is there a link between GD and the size of the baby? They often seem to be mentioned in the same sentence.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭73trix

This stiff and sore calf muscles business started with me about 2 weeks ago. Some cramping in the early morning, I catch it in time and ease the cramp but the stiffness lasts all day.
    I rub some of my moisturiser into my legs and put my feet up with a few pillows under them as soon as I get home. It helps the blood flow back up to your heart and alleviates the pressure. If you're able to try to lie on the floor (a pillow to support your lower back and head would be good) and scooch as close to the wall you can and rise your legs up against it- basically you're going to lie there in an "L" shape.
    It's very relaxing, helps with blood flow and cause you can't do anything for anyone is some quiet time for you.
    This will be possible/ impossible depending on the size of your bump. The pillows under the legs works a treat regardless.

SNAP! Have that exact same prob since last week. 32wks tomo. Also the cramps in my legs have started at night time. Oh god, how uncomfortable!

Anyone else suddenly got legs looking blacked and blue from varicose veins?! My OH asked in passing yest, were my legs bruised til closer inspection. Only noticed them myself in past few days. Are these connected to sore and crampy calves?

Advertisement