Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One General Discussion - Part 2 (Please Read 1st Post)

Options
  • 26-03-2014 11:11am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭

Ok folks, the old general discussion thread was as near as makes no difference to 10k posts...which is the cutoff point & must be closed for technical reasons. Let the discussion continue here :) Same rules apply, if you want to compare the One & PS4 please do so in the Games forum thread...this one is purely for Xbox One discussion.

Old Thread

Ok folks, based on your feedback, this thread is back in business and opened again. It will serve again, as a general purpose chat thread for all things Xbox. However, can I please implore people to use this forum to its fullest potential but using (where appropriate) the other very useful threads we have too. If you've something to discuss & we've a thread for it, please keep such other threads in mind with regard to what you post in here. Obviously some cross over in a general chat thread is to be expected, & there will be a relaxing of policy regarding moving posts, but only to a point. If you are looking for bargains, please use the bargains thread, if you're looking to swap games, please use the game swap thread etc. Please don't use this thread as a catch all for topics that are catered for in other threads. Here's a list of our most active threads:

Bargain Alerts - Where users can alert others of new bargains, or request best prices etc etc.
    Xbox One Dashboard Thread - Any discussion of the Xbox One dash, updates, beta invites etc go in here.
    Headset Discussion - All aspects of headsets can be discussed in this thread.
    Xbox Gaming - This thread covers any/all aspects of any games you wish to discuss.
    Weekly XBLA Deals - Discussion of the weekly xbox live arcade deals that come up.
    EA Access - Our thread on all aspects of the EA Access subscription system.
    Swapping Games - A thread where users can use to organise swapping of games.
    Xbox One NAT Thread - Any NAT & network problems/discussion can go here.
    Games with Gold - This is where any discussion of the Games for Gold system goes.
    XBL Subscriptions & Points - Need to renew your XBL & want the best price? Ask in here.
    Free XBL Thread - Need a trial code for XBL? Ask in here.

Again, I understand discussion will naturally flow in this thread from one topic to another, all I'm asking is that we keep the other threads in mind...they're there for a reason. Many thanks all.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

first post - whoot :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,994 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

miju wrote: »
    first post - whoot :)

ba$tard, beat me to it!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭Indie18

This is the real first post, is the Xbox One region free?

Indie18 wrote: »
    This is the real first post, is the Xbox One region free?

Its not really, cause you posted it on the old thread. :D

I can confirm that it is indeed region free.

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭Indie18

Its not really, cause you posted it on the old thread. :D

I can confirm that it is indeed region free.

Damn I've been rumbled.

But cheers for the answer, is that games, Blu Ray and DVDs? Going to the states soon so thinking could pick up a couple of games on the cheap.

• Advertisement

Indie18 wrote: »
    Damn I've been rumbled.

But cheers for the answer, is that games, Blu Ray and DVDs? Going to the states soon so thinking could pick up a couple of games on the cheap.

I dont know about dvds and blu rays (but i would suspect that they are restricted), but games are definitely region free. you could always take a chance and download from the US xbox live market though - I got titanfall from there for €43.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Used discs from videogamesplus.ca who are canadian no problems.

Blu Ray movies are not region free though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

Has anyone been having a problem with the home screen on Xbox One. Last couple of days I can only see the home screen. I cannot see my pins to the left or the xbox store to the right. I also cannot access my friends list.

Playing online is working fine, just the stuff above!

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭dmcdante

The same happened to me and for some reason my NAT typed changed to strict for some reason could be the same for you

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Could probably post this in the Battlefield forum - but since I've been in here recently people seem to know stuff... :)

I've a copy of Battlefield 4 for Xbox 360 and now I've got the One I'm wondering do I need to fork out for the game again? I know some sellers were offering deals to upgrade to the XBone version for $10, but I think there might have been time restriction on this.

The game was bought in (I think) GameStop in December. Have I long missed any offer or was there ever one on the table?!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

Dades wrote: »
    The game was bought in (I think) GameStop in December. Have I long missed any offer or was there ever one on the table?!

There was an offer to upgrade from 360 to One version of BF4 for like €10 in Gamestop but AFAIK it wasn't done by Gamestop was actually done by EA themselves so I think it was time restricted.

Only way of knowing though is go in and ask you may get lucky :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

My headset is fierce hit 'n miss. Works the odd time. Anyone else having this issue?

are you using a 360 headset or a xbox one headset

• Registered Users Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

xbox one

• Registered Users Posts: 3,384 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

Has anyone been having a problem with the home screen on Xbox One. Last couple of days I can only see the home screen. I cannot see my pins to the left or the xbox store to the right. I also cannot access my friends list.

Playing online is working fine, just the stuff above!
    Same thing happened me for about 4-5 days, then I fully powered off the Xbox (press and hold the Power button on the console for 8-10 seconds) and switched it on again. Surprisingly, this worked and everything is normal again.

i have had a issue where the control pad turns off when the headset is connected what i did was keep the control pad charging while you have the headset turned on might work with some luck

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

Same thing happened me for about 4-5 days, then I fully powered off the Xbox (press and hold the Power button on the console for 8-10 seconds) and switched it on again. Surprisingly, this worked and everything is normal again.

Cheers

Ill try this tonight and let you know.

Edit: worked a treat, thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭shuffles03

Just started playing Titanfall. I've posted my GamerTag details in the GamerTag thread if anyone's interested in adding me.

FYI: I'm usually seen getting stomped on by titans!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

So no one is having an issue finding a data centre in Titanfall?
    I had some issues connecting last night, though I think the error I was getting was more an Xbox Live thing than a Titanfall thing. I disconnected/reconnected from my wifi and it seemed to work.

In other news - Titanfall is epic.

*stomp stomp stomp*

• Registered Users Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Shred

Cheers

Ill try this tonight and let you know.

Edit: worked a treat, thanks!

Yeah I had this about two weeks ago and I think I needed to fully power cycle to resolve it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Anyone else spot the "free movie weekend" on the dash only to realise that they have it set to UK for voice control and that it isn't available here :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭madcabbage

Has anyone here had problems with the kinect sensor not powering up. I've tried the trouble shooting suggestions but no luck.
    I got the official headset adapter this week, did the update for the controller. Any chance this might have messed my kinect up?...
    Looks like I'll be sending it in for repair at this stage! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Nolimits

So no one is having an issue finding a data centre in Titanfall?

Have you checked your nat?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭ECO_Mental

madcabbage wrote: »
    Has anyone here had problems with the kinect sensor not powering up. I've tried the trouble shooting suggestions but no luck.
    I got the official headset adapter this week, did the update for the controller. Any chance this might have messed my kinect up?...
    Looks like I'll be sending it in for repair at this stage! :(

I had this problem as well, is your dashboard saying "Kinect is Unplugged"? and are you part of the preview scheme of new updates. I got in contact with MS help desk and they replaced mine straight away. I was very impressed actually with speed they replaced it. Called them late Monday evening 9pm and the new one arrived on Wednesday afternoon a day and half later. They also include postage to send the old one back. Just put on the sticker they provide with the return address and put the old Kinect back in the Box they sent it in. No fuss

On the MS help forums someone suggested it might be that if you xbox is plugged into a power strip with a surge protector that due to the fact the power brick also has a surge protector that the Xbox is not getting enough power??? One suggestion is that you plug your box into the mains into the wall directly.

6.1kWp south facing, South of Cork City

• Registered Users Posts: 3,075 ✭✭✭markc1184

I'm having a bit of trouble today trying to play FIFA today. It starts to load, goes through the motions of connecting to the EA servers etc until it comes to the "This uses an auto save....." But as soon as I hit OK it goes back to the XBox home screen. Happened a few times so far today and I've not had this problem since I bought the Xbox a few weeks ago. The game is downloaded onto the console. Any suggestions?

markc1184 wrote: »
    I'm having a bit of trouble today trying to play FIFA today. It starts to load, goes through the motions of connecting to the EA servers etc until it comes to the "This uses an auto save....." But as soon as I hit OK it goes back to the XBox home screen. Happened a few times so far today and I've not had this problem since I bought the Xbox a few weeks ago. The game is downloaded onto the console. Any suggestions?

Try fully powering off the console by holding down the power button, then try again. That seems to sort pretty much every problem that pops up.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

My headset is problematic too. It works sometimes and doesnt work other times, non responsive to pressing the mute button etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

funkyflea wrote: »
    My headset is problematic too. It works sometimes and doesnt work other times, non responsive to pressing the mute button etc.

What headset are you using?
    Are you using the Xbox one audio adapter?
    Have you updated your controller with the headset attached?

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭ADarkKnight88

markc1184 wrote: »

Had the exact same problem. Did the same thing stone suggested and it hasn't happened since!

• Advertisement

Xbox one not working?

itcrowd.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement