Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loungers Who Lunch - The Off Topic Thread (All Chat Goes Here!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭brainyneuron

Bleh :( Really not looking forward to work tomorrow. I don't know who knows and who doesn't know (about me leaving) and even though I said it was ok to tell people, I don't want to be the one to tell them. And they said they'd have a meeting during the week to tell people but that means a few days of not telling which is probably worse! Arrrgh!! :eek::mad:

Had a nice day at the wedding yesterday, it was gorgeous weather which they were so lucky to get. And gorgeous food too! But I was wrecked by the end of the day.

Really wanted to get to Galway for some of the VOR :( but I guess I just didn't have the time or money!

Task for the week-sort my CV!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

WTF?

I go away for an afternoon and the place is spammed by some eejit, and Kiera closes her account. :mad:

I was coming on to wax lyrical about bouncy castles and all, now I just feel sad.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭Snoopy1

Albection wrote: »
    Please let there be no cheese haters in this thread, I can't even comprehend that!

:o
    /hides
    hides also :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭OakeyDokey

rustopher wrote: »
    WOW really?? Think it helps not to be a daily user, i think its great for asking peoples opinions on different things etc. It can be addictive alright.
    I do read people argue over and back sometimes...funny! I wouldnt ever get that involved though.

Being a daily poster is not the problem, some people just knit pick at others when their opinion is different.
    Posy wrote: »
    I know a poster was getting a lot of stick in a thread about having a very high post count ('you clearly need to get a life..' that sort of thing) and was mentioning closing their account and starting afresh. It is not a good thing if someone feels 'forced out'. :(

Best of luck to LaHaine, have a ball!!! :) xxx

Exactly! I remember getting stick off a user because I wasn't liking another users posts :confused:

Then another user I was chatting to in PM's all nice and sweet accidentally sent me a PM that was meant for another user and it was nothing but b!tching about me and telling this other member stuff that I wanted kept private. Whether she sent it again and if it did reach the other member I don't know but they were having a good chat about me none the less before that. Both members don't know me in person and it was my second conversation with that user so it's just ridiculous I felt like I was back in secondary school!

Things are good now :D

Craving scones :pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Just had cheese and crackers, seriously is there anything more lovely? Please let there be no cheese haters in this thread, I can't even comprehend that!

melted cheese ? :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

Snoopy1 wrote: »

:mad::P

No, block cheese from the fridge :D Delicious

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Oh :(

Okay, I feel a bit better.

I spend the afternoon on an enormous bouncy castle slide thingy, only injured myself in 3 places. And knocked over two kids (one of them was my own).

I also raced a couple of older kids up the slide and won by using grabbing them and knocking them back down. Yeah, take that!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

i love bouncy castles

• Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭Snoopy1

I like melted cheese, but cannot stand cold cheese.
    I'm weird I know :)

• Advertisement

Oh :(

Ah melted cheese is for bread!
    Das Kitty wrote: »
    Okay, I feel a bit better.

I spend the afternoon on an enormous bouncy castle slide thingy, only injured myself in 3 places. And knocked over two kids (one of them was my own).

I also raced a couple of older kids up the slide and won by using grabbing them and knocking them back down. Yeah, take that!

My birthday next year is going to be an epic occasion (to make up for this year), bbq, bouncy castle, water guns etc. :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Nationalrail.co.uk will sort you with train and tube connections if needed!
    Thanks, used that site before, found another one, something connect, can't remember what it was called, had trains for around £30 for two people return from Gatwick to dad's.
    Skyscanner has saved me a bloody fortune over the last while.
    Thanks Rainbow, looked it up, it's giving me a flight from Dublin to Edinburgh and I've to get another flight from Edinburgh to dad's.

It was giving me a price of €155 from Dub to Edn.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭TeletextPear

My neighbour's teens are having a party tonight and there's been a huge bouncy castle up in the garden since this morning, I'm really fighting the urge to run in and have a jump on it!

no your normal :)

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭rustopher

OakeyDokey wrote: »
    Being a daily poster is not the problem, some people just knit pick at others when their opinion is different.

Exactly! I remember getting stick off a user because I wasn't liking another users posts :confused:

Then another user I was chatting to in PM's all nice and sweet accidentally sent me a PM that was meant for another user and it was nothing but b!tching about me and telling this other member stuff that I wanted kept private. Whether she sent it again and if it did reach the other member I don't know but they were having a good chat about me none the less before that. Both members don't know me in person and it was my second conversation with that user so it's just ridiculous I felt like I was back in secondary school!

Things are good now :D

Craving scones :pac:

people pm people about other people on this..?? omg some really have no lives. How can u bitch about people on this..we all only know eachother in writing. I would stay fairly private on this, its safer!;)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

I had a great weekend! :D

no your normal :)

Cold cheese is nom. All this cheese talk is making me want more cheese and crackers but if I eat cheese too close to bedtime it makes me have really bad nightmares.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

I just ordered myself a new laptop with my refund money! This one is just about kaput and has no sound so I figured why not :)

Pixie have you tried Wensleydale with cranberry? I'm addicted!

Dolorous wrote: »
    I just ordered myself a new laptop with my refund money! This one is just about kaput and has no sound so I figured why not :)

Pixie have you tried Wensleydale with cranberry? I'm addicted!

Yay! I love new gadgetry:D

Just had a google there and it looks yummy, I'll have to give it a go. Normally not a fan of fruit in cheese but it does look delicious

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

I've been watching The Bachelor on youtube this weekend, party animal that I am. I've only nearly thumped the monitor a few times. Some of the girls are ridonkulous.

• Advertisement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭WinterSong

I'm so very tired all of a sudden, think that's my cue to go to sleep! :) Busy day ahead tomorrow, among other things I've to register for classes and apparently they fill up in seconds so I'll be lucky to get even a few of the ones I'm hoping for...here's hoping it works out alright and isn't as stressful as I'm anticipating. Goodnight everyone :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Had a good night at Florence but then I come here and see Kiera is gone :(

Devastated :(

Guys, Richard Schiff is in Galway. My reaction to hearing that was not unlike the reaction of teenage girls when One Direction/Jedward/whoever's big right now is nearby..

I've turned into a proper lunatic fangirl now. Toby is my favourite character in any TV show in the history of TV shows. You have no idea how much it would mean to me to shake his hand and stutter at him form a coherent sentence :o

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

javagal wrote: »
    i got sunburnt :-(

Any sign of baby CoffeeBean? :)
    Panthro wrote: »
    Anyone in here watch "The Breed" on RTE2 tonight?
    There's a few hours of my life I'll never get back, woeful bad film.

Whohoo I managed to stay indoors tonight! (Nothing to do with being wrecked from last night's shenanigans I swear!:o)

Oh that was on before and it was absolute sh*te!
    Beans on toast for us:)

I may have to live on this for a year but I'm going to be so happy that I won't care! :o
    SarahBeep! wrote: »
    Had to have some lads tongue physically removed from my mouth :( now, whether or not to tell the boy..

Tbh I'd probably tell him Sarah just in case he heard it from anyone else and took it the wrong way. Hope you're okay.
    Lucyfur wrote: »
    Kiera closed her account:(

I really hope Kiera comes back soon.. I really liked her. :( It sucks that everyone seems to be closing their accounts lately. :(
    LaHaine wrote: »
    Australia tomorrow. God Im freaking out!!!!!!

I know it will be ok and ill be fine and ill meet people etc but my mind is just racing with all the what ifs at the moment. Annoying the hell out of me.

Best of luck with it all LaHaine! :D

How is everyone tonight?

Guys, Richard Schiff is in Galway. My reaction to hearing that was not unlike the reaction of teenage girls when One Direction/Jedward/whoever's big right now is nearby..

I've turned into a proper lunatic fangirl now. Toby is my favourite character in any TV show in the history of TV shows. You have no idea how much it would mean to me to shake his hand and stutter at him form a coherent sentence :o

Wha?!

There is a strong chance that I would cling to his knees and weep. (Is he bearded or not these days?)

CJ was my fave always. I loooovve Allison Janney

• Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Whatttt?? If I didn't have work tomorrow, I'd be on the way up now!
    Wha?!

There is a strong chance that I would cling to his knees and weep. (Is he bearded or not these days?)

Think he still is bearded! Alison was probably my favourite as well, but only by a small margin :D Think the episode of Mrs Bartlet doing the Muppets and Big Bird sits down alongside CJ :P

Wha?!

Oh I love her too! She's amazing!

He tweeted a few pictures a week or so ago and he's bearded. I'll be keeping quite a close eye out when I'm in town tomorrow.

My mother thinks I'm a friggin nutcase. "Richard who? What? *concerned look*"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Albection

My mother thinks I'm a friggin nutcase. "Richard who? What? *concerned look*"

It's ok, she just doesn't understand the purity of your love. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

If he comes into the shop WN, I shall get a pic for you. How do you pronounce his last name? Shiff or Skiff?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement