Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loungers Who Lunch - The Off Topic Thread (All Chat Goes Here!)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

Muffin I used to live beside Pillo Hotel, it's a grand walk during the day, I'd get a taxi at night probably. Barna is too far, Salthill could be another option but tbh if it was me I'd prefer a nice private hostel room that was cheap than a pricier hotel room further out.

And yep they are the websites for all the places.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

my mam brought me home a slutty skirt, shot glass, drink and a massive map of the world :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

Muffin: try www.gulliver.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Neyite wrote: »
    Barna is further out. Deffo driving only, probably about 6 miles maybe? it would be dearer too because it's within walking distancce of beaches and more scenic than the east side of the city. Oranmore would be similar distance as barna but might be cheaper.

Not sure about taxi costs, but maybe a tenner to Pillo/Menlo? I know from Oranmore or Barna you'd be looking at about 20 quid or more.
    Acoshla wrote: »
    Muffin I used to live beside Pillo Hotel, it's a grand walk during the day, I'd get a taxi at night probably. Barna is too far, Salthill could be another option but tbh if it was me I'd prefer a nice private hostel room that was cheap than a pricier hotel room further out.

And yep they are the websites for all the places.

Cheers guys, the bf was saying his auntie has a place in Barna and was thinking we might stay there, but if it is further out, we'd have to get taxi's everywhere (neither of us drive), so it'd prob work out the same as staying in/near the city.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

There's probably buses but yeah a taxi from Barna would be a pain all the time.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Just realised I've made a big mistake with the course dates, I feel sick and I just want to cry!

I don't know how I could have made such a stupid mistake that could cost me a place on the course! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

Okay, panic over. Just went out to give the hedgehog some banana and he appears to have headed off somewhere else. Probably got sick of me poking my head in at him every half hour :P Had a look around under that section of trees and no sign. Maybe he was just in shock, I've no idea what a hedgehog in shock looks like, after his encounter with Lenny. I contacted Waterford Animal Welfare to let them know. Thanks for help people.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Bubblefett

Day. From. Hell.

Morning spent taking care of sick doggy.
    Then had to bring my gran in to see my dad in hospital. She kept going on and on about how bad dad looked, how he looked just like my grandpa before he died.
    Home for 5 minutes before boyfriends dad called saying he had a fall. We arrived to find him in his house, face covered in blood and his legs locked in place.
    He refused to listen to my boyfriend but would do what I said (he thought I was one of his daughters). Took 20 minutes for us to carry him in and get him sitting. His face was swollen but calmed down with ice.

Anyone wanna pass the wine??

Edit: oh and my gran wants me to get her 50 shades of grey :/

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 8,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fluorescence

Babysitting a 3 month old baby this evening and he's such a dote. He responded with glee when I told him about Ireland re-entering the financial markets and even clapped for my rendition of the gay pirates song by cosmo jarvis. He's sleeping on my arm right now, being adorable and shizz. The bastard :P

• Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Greetings from Gatwick Airport - looking forward to getting home. 2 hours spent travelling to get here - including a 30 minute train journey with a newly married couple and their slightly drunk friend who hadn't told her husband she was heading to Gatwick! Must catch up on the thread properly tomorrow!!

Also decided that no matter what, I'm getting an iPhone - need to be able to access internet and games the whole time!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭WinterSong

*hugs* for bubblefelt, hope you're okay! That really does sound like the day from hell :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

bluewolf wrote: »
    thats nice links, but my skyrim wife got the Nocturnal dress :pac:

Is it wrong that I find the heavily armored a better look? :p

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Links234 wrote: »
    Is it wrong that I find the heavily armored a better look? :p

yes, yes it is :pac:

yes, yes it is :pac:

well if that's wrong, I don't wanna be right! :D

300px-Brienne_of_Tarth_HBO.jpg

;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

I'm annoyed.

Had loads of things I wanted to do today and got f'all done :(

Also, I live beside the Phoenix Park and the amount of knackers there is unreal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Polloloca

Well it's no Vera Wang if that's what you're asking :p

I'm annoyed.

Had loads of things I wanted to do today and got f'all done :(

Also, I live beside the Phoenix Park and the amount of knackers there is unreal.

Oh i'd say the noise of that crap today is mind numbing! I dont envy you if you can hear it.

/for some reason i thought you lived in Galway?

Kiera wrote: »
    Oh i'd say the noise of that crap today is mind numbing! I dont envy you if you can hear it.

/for some reason i thought you lived in Galway?

Sorry yeh I do. But my 'home' house is in Dublin. I'm going to see Florence tomorrow.

Surprisingly I can't hear anything and I'm normally able to hear everything.

Sorry yeh I do. But my 'home' house is in Dublin. I'm going to see Florence tomorrow.

Surprisingly I can't hear anything and I'm normally able to hear everything.

Ah i sees! Hope you brought your wellies :) And drink before the gig as there are only 2 bars inside with a 45 min wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭Getting there

Dam amazon is so easy to buy stuff on. Iv just bought 4 ornamental toadstools for the garden and i never knew I needed them. This is why I should go out more on Saturday nights, it ends up cheaper in the long run!
    Now im looking at cool baking stuff. I don't bake ....yet, but might be tempted if I had cool gadgets...

• Advertisement

Ah i sees! Hope you brought your wellies :) And drink before the gig as there are only 2 bars inside with a 45 min wait.

I'll be boozin' in my house before hand.*

*That's if I decide to drink. I'm pretty useless at it in my old age. :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

well if that's wrong, I don't wanna be right! :D

;)

http://images.wikia.com/elderscrolls/images/d/d4/Nocturnals_clothes.jpg

:pac::pac:

I'll be boozin' in my house before hand.*

*That's if I decide to drink. I'm pretty useless at it in my old age. :D

Yeah we had some in the house then on to the Canal bar for more. Didnt bother drinking in there. I did bring about 5 oranges with me cause i knew i'd get hungry and only got to eat one as the rest were grabbed out of my hands :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭javagal

i got sunburnt :-(

Yeah we had some in the house then on to the Canal bar for more. Didnt bother drinking in there. I did bring about 5 oranges with me cause i knew i'd get hungry and only got to eat one as the rest were grabbed out of my hands :)

Is there food in there?

I bought some really sour sweets today and now my tongue feels very f&%ked up. Food just doesn't taste right anymore.

:pac::pac:

see that just screams impractical to me, what if they were to slip out?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

javagal wrote: »

Trying to smoke the kid out?? :p

Is there food in there?

I bought some really sour sweets today and now my tongue feels very f&%ked up. Food just doesn't taste right anymore.

Yup loads of different kinds of food vans. They even had an O'Briens sandwhich van.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭javagal

javagal wrote: »

Trying to smoke the kid out?? :p

Lol, i thought maybe she'd smell the bbq and want some!

• Advertisement

see that just screams impractical to me, what if they were to slip out?

it's your wife, that's the point :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement