Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loungers Who Lunch - The Off Topic Thread (All Chat Goes Here!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭KittyeeTrix

Wishing you safe and interesting travels LaHaine!!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭rustopher

quick question. I hate flying and left it to last min to book a flight as i couldnt decide. now i have decided to take the plunge, however the price is 3 times more expensive.. only 2 weeks left to take off, will ryanair drop the price or should i just book now?? or not go... any suggestions?:(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭KittyeeTrix

Albection wrote: »
    :o
    /hides

Same here!! Cannot stand it:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Albection

I thought you'd already booked your flights? :confused::confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

rustopher wrote: »
    quick question. I hate flying and left it to last min to book a flight as i couldnt decide. now i have decided to take the plunge, however the price is 3 times more expensive.. only 2 weeks left to take off, will ryanair drop the price or should i just book now?? or not go... any suggestions?:(

wait, anytime I go anywhere with ryanir I check the price multiple times a day they're up and down constantly.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

:o
    /hides
    Same here!! Cannot stand it:D

Burn you at the stake I say!! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭TeletextPear

Clear your cookies or use an incognito browser window and check the price again, Ryanair stores your search info and will often put up the prices based on what you've searched for previously.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,064 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Clear your cookies or use an incognito browser window and check the price again, Ryanair stores your search info and will often put up the prices based on what you've searched for previously.

really ? the cheek of em :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭TeletextPear

• Registered Users Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

Date with Boybestie tomorrow. He is worth getting up at 5.30am for.... Someone please remind me of this at 5.35am...

Kiera, come baaaaaack!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

LaHaine wrote: »
    Australia tomorrow. God Im freaking out!!!!!!

I know it will be ok and ill be fine and ill meet people etc but my mind is just racing with all the what ifs at the moment. Annoying the hell out of me.

Best of luck with it!!! What part are you going to???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Best of luck LaHaine.

I'm looking up trains from Holyhead to where my dad lives and fares are coming up at around £100 sterling :eek:

Was hoping to go over for Xmas, not sure if it'll happen now....:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭WinterSong

Best of luck LaHaine.

I'm looking up trains from Holyhead to where my dad lives and fares are coming up at around £100 sterling :eek:

Was hoping to go over for Xmas, not sure if it'll happen now....:(

Have you looked at flying over to see if that's any cheaper? :)

WinterSong wrote: »
    Have you looked at flying over to see if that's any cheaper? :)
    Flights are £241 sterling with Ryanair + baggage + checking in online/credit card fee's too, so about €500 for one person. :(

Was looking at Aer Lingus to Gatwick/Heathrow and getting a train, think it works out at the same price.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Australia tomorrow. God Im freaking out!!!!!!

I know it will be ok and ill be fine and ill meet people etc but my mind is just racing with all the what ifs at the moment. Annoying the hell out of me.

You'll have a great time. Solo travellers attract other solo travellers, and couples!!

SO jealous! :D

Lahaine,

Good luck, they are just natural nerves to have, its a big move. Good luck, you wont regret it anyway!!

• Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Flights are £241 sterling with Ryanair + baggage + checking in online/credit card fee's too, so about €500 for one person. :(

Was looking at Aer Lingus to Gatwick/Heathrow and getting a train, think it works out at the same price.

Ryanair go to Gatwick as well - Dublin to Gatwick for about €177 including baggage etc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭LaHaine

Cheers all. Im going to Brisbane.

I know its natural etc. But its a bit crap right now! Ill be grand once I get going tomorrow.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,539 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

:(:( Kiera :(:(

Posy wrote: »

noooooooo!

divemaster-1135086.jpg

I'm biting everyones bum in her honour.

• Advertisement

I thought you'd already booked your flights? :confused::confused::confused:

Me? Yeah i made a few attempts but never actually went through with it.

:(

Ryanair go to Gatwick as well - Dublin to Gatwick for about €177 including baggage etc
    Thanks so much for this, going to check it out now.

Can get Aer Lingus to Gatwick for €106 incl baggage, not sure about train times/prices though.

Off to do more searching :)

Posy wrote: »

I have to ask.... who's Kiera??????????? And why are people closing accounts????

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Skyscanner has saved me a bloody fortune over the last while.

I have to ask.... who's Kiera??????????? And why are people closing accounts????

resident filthmonger :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭OakeyDokey

Goodluck LaHaine :)

@rustopher - Lots of reasons but in recent times it's because of other users. (bullying, threatening, etc.) Many users come back under different names/accounts. I was a daily poster on Boards and decided to leave due to similar reasons took a 6 month break and was back new name and happy out :)

Cheers all. Im going to Brisbane.

I know its natural etc. But its a bit crap right now! Ill be grand once I get going tomorrow.

I agree, i would feel crap about a flight anywhere..but thats me. You have a lot to look forward to.

Wish I had the balls:rolleyes:

OakeyDokey wrote: »
    Goodluck LaHaine :)

@rustopher - Lots of reasons but in recent times it's because of other users. (bullying, threatening, etc.) Many users come back under different names/accounts. I was a daily poster on Boards and decided to leave due to similar reasons took a 6 month break and was back new name and happy out :)

WOW really?? Think it helps not to be a daily user, i think its great for asking peoples opinions on different things etc. It can be addictive alright.
    I do read people argue over and back sometimes...funny! I wouldnt ever get that involved though.

Thanks so much for this, going to check it out now.

Can get Aer Lingus to Gatwick for €106 incl baggage, not sure about train times/prices though.

Nationalrail.co.uk will sort you with train and tube connections if needed!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,539 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

OakeyDokey wrote: »
    I know a poster was getting a lot of stick in a thread about having a very high post count ('you clearly need to get a life..' that sort of thing) and was mentioning closing their account and starting afresh. It is not a good thing if someone feels 'forced out'. :(

Best of luck to LaHaine, have a ball!!! :) xxx

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement