Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 2012 PW Draft *Discussion thread - voting info post 2048*

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,881 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Pick Made , but hopefully he isnt already gone :):):)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

Stan Hansen is up for trades lads. He is sticking out like a sore thumb. I'd like to trade him for a light heavyweight or jnr heavyweight. He is a great wrestler, but he just doesn't fit my lucha roster.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭campo

I be willing to trade Rey Mysterio if anyone is interested , oh and sorry bostoncrab no interest in Stan Hansen but Rey would really suit your roster

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Does anyone want Eric young? I had a plan for him but feel like I may not get who I want to be involved with him in the next few rounds.

Im opening to trade suggestions

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭Horsebox9000

Gah, so close!

• Registered Users Posts: 36,081 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

i was starting to hope for the Funker.

damn!

• Registered Users Posts: 685 ✭✭✭Cactus Colm

Ninth round ... things seem to be going at a pretty steady pace this year!

Terry Funk's a great choice. A proper legend. Changed to a hardcore style in his later days, but that shouldn't detract to how great an all round wrestler he was in his prime. Great on the mic too.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,107 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Pick Made , but hopefully he isnt already gone :):):)

F*ck thought Dougie would slip unnoticed hoped to unite him with Magnus oh well thinking cap back on

• Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

Delighted to get Funk. He's a better draw than anyone else I had so it's a big boost :)

• Advertisement

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    F*ck thought Dougie would slip unnoticed hoped to unite him with Magnus oh well thinking cap back on

I was surprised he lasted so long and had to make sure he wasnt gone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

I was surprised he lasted so long and had to make sure he wasnt gone

I was the same with Taka Michinoku, must have checked the list about 15 times to make sure.

Anyone want a gladiator aka Brutus Magnus?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,647 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

First thing, really sorry to lose flah and obviously not only from the draft but from PW in general if what I've read is true.

Secondly as I've been on a boat off the coast of viatnam the past 2ish days wanna thank D2D for how he handled flags departure and the boys who had profited from trades with him for not fussing about them being undone. Like others I'd also like to welcome flahs replacement to the game.

Happy to have gotten mil mascaras but tbh ATM he's my only roster member I'm not sure how I'll use em.

I'll be back in china tommorow and will put the poll up about commentators then

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,417 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

So, it's my turn and as such, I'm going to make this decision now rather than make the pick and waste it.

I've decided I'm going to step out of the draft at this stage. Horsebox, as the second reserve sign up, has already agreed to take my roster over and it's his pick next.

After round seven, some people posted how the draft was meant to be for fun and enjoyment, and the truth is I'm not having much of either at this stage. At first, my initial thought was to continue on until round 15 and then just throw together a basic PPV show outlining what the feuds were and the matches. But that would be unfair if there's someone sitting on the sidelines wanting to play. I'm not going to hog a spot I don't particularly want.

I want to stress I'm not doing this to throw a strop or make a point about anything. I'll admit that losing the chance to book HHH after getting so excited about that, and then getting excited about booking Taker and losing him too, took away a tonne of motivation but I'm not going to blame anyone for that. I understood why the decisions were made. It's just that it took me a while to get to the stage where I was happy writing a show and when I've got one done and I then have to shelf it, it kind of killed any desire I had to continue on.

Again, I'm not blaming anyone. I fully understand and appreciate why those decisions were made. I don't want this to come accross as if I'm moaning or bitching about being screwed or anything. It just comes down to the fact that if this is for fun and there's someone there who'd have more fun than me playing, it's probably for the best that I step aside and let someone else play. I'd ask that this decision of mine isn't really discussed beyond this post; if anyone wants to talk about it or anything, PM me. I don't want to hijack the topic so let's just move on.

Best of luck Horsebox. Take care of my guys for me and I can't wait to see what you do with them :)

ah another shame been a tough year for the draft this year and I can see where you are coming from TSC and fair play for standing aside in the manner you did to give horsebox a chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 685 ✭✭✭Cactus Colm

A shame to see TSC go! Even with the lack of HHH and 'Taker, it's an extremely strong roster.

This is certainly one of the more ... dramatic drafts ...

Made my first pick, hopefully I will get the hang of this ASAP.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

Can't believe I'm getting this pick tbh

BTW, Round 10 is a stip round :)

Did I do something wrong?

• Advertisement

Did I do something wrong?

No mate, what makes you think that??

Sad to see TSC gone welcome Horsebox9000

Pick made!!!:D:D:D:D

Pick made!!!:D:D:D:D

Super(fly) pick D2D :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 45,535 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Wow just logged on since I made my picks yesterday. Firstly, welcome to the new participants. Shame to see Teamshadowclan leave as I know his write-up would have been top quality. Respect to you.

As for flah, very surprised at the news that he closed his account. As others have said I hope he's OK. He was one of the most likeable chaps on this and the soccer forum and both will be poorer without him. Three cheers to the only two time winner of the Draft.

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Garseys

Still unsure about what to do this round...

Definitely gonna have fun booking Michael Cole... oh the plans:D

Garseys wrote: »
    Still unsure about what to do this round...

Definitely gonna have fun booking Michael Cole... oh the plans:D

Nice write up Garseys your photshopping skills are off the hook so some more of that please

I can see Micheal Cole been a really clever pick and you defo did the right thing grouping Edge, Ryder and Hawkins together

• Registered Users Posts: 45,535 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I liked the write-up, Garseys. I could picture everything well. Nice to see Dolph getiing a good push on your show.

I also like Liz's write-up, particularly her use of Hennig and ditching the McGillicutty name. Looking forward to part 2.

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Garseys

I liked the write-up, Garseys. I could picture everything well. Nice to see Dolph getiing a good push on your show.

I've always been a big fan of Dolph so naturally he'd be one of my main guys.
    campo wrote: »
    Nice write up Garseys your photshopping skills are off the hook so some more of that please

Cheers campo:cool:

also no one knows whats gonna happen, it's great! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

Liking Garseys and Campo's writeups the most so far. But all are entertaining in their own way. :D

Advertisement