Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Relaxation of Restrictions, Part XII *Read OP For Mod Warnings*

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,058 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

People need to calm down a bit.

The politicians are taking the correct medical guidance and advice and factoring that into the opening up schedule. That’s how it should be and I wouldn’t want the politicians doing solo runs.

NPHET are projecting that we will have cases and deaths in the next 8 weeks per capita multiples times that India suffered from their delta wave and it's been accepted without any discussion or challenge.

Why are weddings and hotels safe for indoors but not restaurants?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,927 ✭✭✭✭titan18

I’m not a public health medical expert nor are the politicians

Cool, I'll go with the UK, US, German (insert any other countries) experts over the Irish ones then.

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭Avon8

The politicians are taking the correct medical guidance and advice and factoring that into the opening up schedule. That’s how it should be and I wouldn’t want the politicians doing solo runs.

The guidance is at odds with the guidance being given in the vast majority of countries throughout the world

We have sparsely educated medical professionals on a power trip, actively ignoring evidence from other countries

• Registered Users Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

I’m not a public health medical expert nor are the politicians

Then how do you know the advice is correct?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭bear1

I believe lads we've just witnessed the end of this government today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,277 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Don’t shoot the messenger

• Registered Users Posts: 9,922 ✭✭✭normanoffside

Hellrazer wrote: »
    Too small - there needs to be hundreds of thousands to get anywhere.

Starting today is starting somewhere. It could grow into something big by the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Scuid Mhór

bear1 wrote: »

You think FG is going to withdraw?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭TomTomTim

I assume you have sources to back up the idea that our medical advice which seems to go against the rest of Europe and much of the world is correct?

Factless medical advice, isn't very good medical advice. You'll find insane conspiracy theories on YouTube with more supporting evidence.

“The man who lies to himself can be more easily offended than anyone else. You know it is sometimes very pleasant to take offense, isn't it? A man may know that nobody has insulted him, but that he has invented the insult for himself, has lied and exaggerated to make it picturesque, has caught at a word and made a mountain out of a molehill--he knows that himself, yet he will be the first to take offense, and will revel in his resentment till he feels great pleasure in it.”- ― Fyodor Dostoevsky, The Brothers Karamazov

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭PaulJoseph22

I have to agree with you, I refuse to listen to them anymore, have they never heard of forward planning.
    They are an absolute disgrace. Miceal the wannabe PM and Leo who still thinks he is the PM.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭Normal One

I sincerely hope so

• Registered Users Posts: 6,233 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

Hope so but the system is the bigger problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭Sofa King Great

namloc1980 wrote: »
    NPHET are projecting that we will have cases and deaths in the next 8 weeks per capita multiples times that India suffered from their delta wave and it's been accepted without any discussion or challenge.

Why are weddings and hotels safe for indoors but not restaurants?
    What you are forgetting here is that most of our old and vulnerable are vaccinated whereas they weren't in India. This surely means the effective rate as a percentage of the population is even higher as it is among a far smaller cohort.

This shouldn't be allowed go unchallenged

• Registered Users Posts: 26,912 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

There's been a lot of focus on Hospitality but really important to mention, this also affects numerous other businesses and staff.

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭Sadler Peak

The end of MM anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭MOH

apocalypse_now_Regular.jpg

Tony Holohan pictured earlier today

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭franciscanpunk

Obv i think the way we've handled restrictions to date is a joke, im embarrassed at our so called test events, our silly closing times and our general fear promoted agenda but if today is the start of a message to say get vaccinated and life can resume, don't get vaccinated and restrictions will continue for you i'm ok with it. indoor dining was just the oppurtunity to do this.

I think indoor dining should have opened for everyone today as it was going to be restricted tables of 6, table service, tracing bla bla bla so that's enough of a risk mitigant but id be much happier if they said open as per Feb 2020 to all fully vaccinated.

I think it would be fair to say you like many others are concerned more about the vaccinated and non vaccinated distinction and civil liberties issues, not the indoor dining itself - I get the point but simply just don't agree, my opinion is that get fully vaxed and back to life(obv i dont want restictions on anyone not vaccinated due medical reasons they cant do so).

Just to add, if restrictions maintain after the vaccine programme ends(demand ceases) then it would be time for some of mass protests\disobedience i see so many twitter talking about!

(maybe my view is reactionary but I'm just saying what I think)

• Registered Users Posts: 37,699 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Laughing stock

Why is the virus more deadlier in Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭PaulJoseph22

Is this the same science that said AZ and J&J was not suitable for the younger population but now is.
    They’re making it up as they go along. A primary school class would do a better job.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭bear1

You think FG is going to withdraw?

I think you know what I mean but I believe you know that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭RobitTV

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

bloopy wrote: »
    No indoor dining without vaccine or proof of previous infection.
    Covid parties about to become all the rage.

Natural Selection

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭lemonkey

I'm 29 and I am vaccinated as I am deemed high risk. Not a single one of my friends are vaccinated due to my age and neither is my partner. What fecking good is this ''vaccinated only'' thing to anyone under 40?

I can go to a wedding and eat with my partner indoors with 50 other people.
    I can book a hotel and drink and eat in the residence bar for the night with a full hotel of people.
    But if I book a small restaurant with adequate social distanced tables I'm allowed inside and my partner is not.

I understand there well may be a good reason for this extension but they're not helping themselves at all by making a complete balls of it and making it impossible for anyone to get their heads around.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,744 ✭✭✭irishguitarlad

As an irish man living abroad and looking in, the government have lost the plot.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭FileNotFound

Probably not - but I do think this is turning into a farce of epic proportions.

The discussion around letting vaccinated people have more freedom was raised months back and only now are they making a plan.

Fair enough the UK have slowed full reopening - emphasis on full there.

People are just going to meet in each others homes now.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,912 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

The end of MM anyway.

Perhaps but just wondering what's the current alternative, opposition parties will blow hot and cold and independents (well I'll say no more)

When it comes to the crunch, there's very little appetite to go against public health advice and I honestly believe this goes back to what happened after last Christmas. I'm not saying I agree or disagree, just saying very little political appetite for a different direction.

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,927 ✭✭✭✭titan18

We all wish that was the case, but it won't happen. Even if half their TDs disagree with it, they're not surrendering their pay packets. Sh1ts only care about themselves, not us.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭RobitTV

Vaccines have broken the link between Covid cases and hospitalisations.

But our link with the Irish people shall never be broken.

We will manage your risk. We will make your choices. All for a safer Ireland.

o9yzUnRa_400x400.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭FileNotFound

lemonkey wrote: »
    I'm 29 and I am vaccinated as I am deemed high risk. Not a single one of my friends are vaccinated due to my age and neither is my partner. What fecking good is this ''vaccinated only'' thing to anyone under 40?

I can go to a wedding and eat with my partner indoors with 50 other people.
    I can book a hotel and drink and eat in the residence bar for the night with a full hotel of people.
    But if I book a small restaurant with adequate social distanced tables I'm allowed inside and my partner is not.

I understand there well may be a good reason for this extension but they're not helping themselves at all by making a complete balls of it and making it impossible for anyone to get their heads around.

Lets be honest its not intended for you at all - you got an early shot for the right reason.

I would have been happy enough for them to give greater freedoms to fully vaccinated but that should have been discussed and the plan in place months back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,293 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

I personally hope you're correct but who do you think will pull the plug? There were 93 votes in favour of Micheal Martin in June last year (FF-37, FG-35, G-12, Ind 9) so we would need at least 13 of them to defect and hope that no other politician supports these measures

Again I hope you're right but I don't see it

Advertisement