Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

X83C 4K Ultra HD with Android TV

Options
  • 04-08-2015 10:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭

Sony X83C 4K Ultra HD with Android TV

Bargain of the Century IMO, 49" Sony 4K TV running Android OS

KD-49X8305C €1055 <800 hertz refresh rate>
    KD-49X8307CSU €1055 <900 hertz refresh rate>

Note the silver model has a better refresh rate and looks better IMO.

I initially thought this was a price mistake on the Sony Ireland website as the 49" model is cheaper than the 43", perhaps they have a surplus of stock, I dunno?
    This TV is
    Argos €1319 (but sold out in my area)
    Harvey Norman €1399 in their Markee Sale
    Currys €1399 in their BH weekend sale.

I have researched this TV for a while and cannot believe I got it at that price from Sony IE. Fair enough, the Android OS is currently buggy but who cares, this will be fixed with firmware updates. The 4K picture is meant to be sublime on this TV.

Mine has been shipped from Sony UK (even though I went through the Irish site) and is currently in transit, happy days.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,137 ✭✭✭Invincible

xECompanyx wrote: »
    sony.ie/buy/x8300c-series?sku=KD49X8305CBU

X83C 4K Ultra HD with Android TV

Bargain of the Century IMO, 49" Sony 4K TV running Android OS

KD-49X8305C €1055 <800 hertz refresh rate>
    KD-49X8307CSU €1055 <900 hertz refresh rate>

Note the silver model has a better refresh rate and looks better IMO.

I initially thought this was a price mistake on the Sony Ireland website as the 49" model is cheaper than the 43", perhaps they have a surplus of stock, I dunno?
    This TV is
    Argos €1319 (but sold out in my area)
    Harvey Norman €1399 in their Markee Sale
    Currys €1399 in their BH weekend sale.

I have researched this TV for a whaile and cannot believe I got it at that price from Sony IE. Fair enough, the Android OS is currently buggy but who cares, this will be fixed with firmware updates. The 4K picture is meant to be sublime on this TV.

Mine has been shipped from Sony UK (even though I went through the Irish site) and is currently in transit, happy days.

Link incorrect.

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭xECompanyx

Invincible wrote: »
    Link incorrect.

Sorry, should have mentioned that. I can't post URLs add I'm a boards noob. Just log onto Sony website (IRL), go to store, click on TV icon and scroll down to x83 4k tvs

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

For someone who cant post links its strange that you could :confused:

daytob wrote: »
    For someone who cant post links its strange that you could :confused:

Removed the WWW bit :-))))))))

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

But its not linking to the sony website, its linking to some performance horizon site.

• Advertisement

daytob wrote: »
    But its not linking to the sony website, its linking to some performance horizon site.

Jaysus!!!!!!, link removed. Navigate the site yourself for the bargain, I have explained this above..

• Registered Users Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

Boards injects adds so this could be the issue of the misdirecting links and would have nothing to do with the OP

http://www.sony.ie/electronics/televisions/x8300c-series for those looking

Boards injects adds so this could be the issue of the misdirecting links and would have nothing to do with the OP

http://www.sony.ie/electronics/televisions/x8300c-series for those looking

That's linking to the same perf0rmance h0rizon site that the ops link was??

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

not for me, I think you have the issue here. Thanks OP seems a bargain if I wanted a BIG tv.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭wilser

Same for me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭discombobulate

Great bargain. Mostly around £949 (€1,350) on the UK sites. It's £1,099 on Sony UK which is €1,560.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,468 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

Same issue.

Great bargain. Mostly around £949 (€1,350) on the UK sites. It's £1,099 on Sony UK which is €1,560.

€1055 for 49"
    Where's the point though, not much 4K sources, we have only limited 1080i transmission yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

actually doing the same for me, boards is changing the link address even if I do a copy link address, actually copy and paste the link and it should work

ok now it is working. something weird is going on but not sure on who's end

Thanks guys, apologies for the URL issues, not sure what's going on there. The reason I created this thread is to inform boardies of this superb offer for whoever is in the market. At that price, you are more or less getting the 4k element of the TV for free. This TV without 4k is eur1000 anywhere.

For who avails?, enjoy..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭wilser

So would this tv run apps like s*o*box and the likes without a separate android box?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Fakman87

Thanks OP. Buying a new TV this week and this looks a great deal!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,032 ✭✭✭BArra

I have the 43x705, the android side works well, kodi etc is fine. Negates the need for android box. Media player from usb also excellent, can install mx player, vlc etc but the built in player is also decent

• Registered Users Posts: 6,442 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Looks great in fairness, just wish I had a spare grand lying around.

I spent €430 on a 42" 4k TV last August, and with nothing wrong with it, I don't know if I can justify the change :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭D/C

They've obviously put the 43" price on the 49" and vice versa! If you can get the 49" at that price you're doing well!

marcbrophy wrote: »

I spent €430 on a 42" 4k TV last August, and with nothing wrong with it, I don't know if I can justify the change :D

I read on AV forums that Sony do not make their own 4K panels, not sure how true that is. Their panels are enhanced by Sonys X1 pro chip, looking forward to seeing how good this thing looks when it arrives. Theres a free Sony 5yr warranty included, great peace of mind.

The one flick touch remote does not ship with this model but that accessory can be purchased separately for eur60/70. I picked one up on eBay for eur60

• Registered Users Posts: 12,018 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

I picked one of these up a couple of weeks ago and I have to say I've been delighted with it. I had intended purchasing an Android box as well as a new TV but there's absolutely no need now.

D/C wrote: »
    They've obviously put the 43" price on the 49" and vice versa! If you can get the 49" at that price you're doing well!

The 43" price is correct as I've been researching these for a while. As said previously, the 49" price drop is more than likely due to surplus stock or its a pricing error. With the latter, I'd doubt it as that price has been in place for a few days now on the site and they shipped a unit to me at that price so all good..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭Leslie91

xECompanyx wrote: »
    The 43" price is correct as I've been researching these for a while. As said previously, the 49" price drop is more than likely due to surplus stock or its a pricing error. With the latter, I'd doubt it as that price has been in place for a few days now on the site and they shipped a unit to me at that price so all good..

How much was shipping? to RoI?

EDIT: just added to basket to check.. it's FREE.

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭davidom2513

marcbrophy wrote: »

Where did you get a 42" 4k tv for €430?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,442 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Where did you get a 42" 4k tv for €430?

A daily special from Ibood last year.

There was a BA thread about it at the time:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=91510178

I think RRP at the time was €699, so it was a good deal. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭Davexirl

I add the TV to my basket and then the price says €4.99, this happening anyone else?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Fakman87

Davexirl wrote: »
    I add the TV to my basket and then the price says €4.99, this happening anyone else?

Same here, won't process the order for me either.

• Advertisement

Fakman87 wrote: »
    Same here, won't process the order for me either.

I tried it there and the Same issue for the silver 49", added to basket and checkout total is eur4.99, weird. Perhaps it was a mistake after all?

Advertisement