Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Temporary Clerical Officers nationwide 2015 campaign now open

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭rsl1976

Just applied. Good luck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 392 ✭✭j80ezgvc3p92xu

Anyone else having trouble creating an account? No matter what I put in I get an error message. So frustrating.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭Technocentral

Ring them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,166 ✭✭✭Tasden

Anyone else having trouble creating an account? No matter what I put in I get an error message. So frustrating.

Had this a couple years ago, rang them and they set up a new one for me no bother.

Good luck to everyone :)

Hopefully they will have sorted out the problems with the online application process (slow, constant crashing) that were endemic last year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭gingergirl

Thanks for this post, applied, Good Luck

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭gingergirl

Thanks for this post, applied, Good Luck

Can anyone remember the website for practicing the online tests?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭tonycascarino

Is there any chance of permanent work after you have served your time as a temporary clerical officer??

• Registered Users Posts: 7,756 ✭✭✭corny

Is there any chance of permanent work after you have served your time as a temporary clerical officer??

Zero chance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭Ilovelucy

rsl1976 wrote: »
    Can anyone remember the website for practicing the online tests?

Unless they've changed it for this year then there is no actual test just a questionnaire. They give you various scenarios and you tick what you would do if in that situation. You also get various statements and you have to say if you agree, disagree, to varying degrees.

The online tests were used for permanent posts.

Ilovelucy wrote: »
    Unless they've changed it for this year then there is no actual test just a questionnaire. They give you various scenarios and you tick what you would do if in that situation. You also get various statements and you have to say if you agree, disagree, to varying degrees.

The online tests were used for permanent posts.

I remember that now. I applied last year but had to drop out so hoping I get it this time

• Registered Users Posts: 21 philip marlowes cat

I understand from the information booklet that the questionnaire will ask applicants to select a location from each of two lists, to indicate where they'd like to work. I'm currently based in Dublin, but wouldn't be averse to moving. Does anyone have any thoughts on whether a job offer would be more or less likely for those seeking work outside of Dublin?

My thinking is that while there may be more positions available in Dublin, there is also likely to be more applicants. Maybe applying for a position outside the capital would be a good idea?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭sillysocks

I've no info on whether the jobs are more likely inside or outside dublin (I'd imagine there's more jobs in Dublin but then more applicants too), but remember that these are only temporary contracts, with not huge wages, so it may not be wise to be looking at relocating just for the sake of a contract for a few weeks/months that will not be renewed.

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭Ilovelucy

Sillysocks is right - a lot of the contracts are for a max of 8-10 weeks. I was very lucky where I was placed in that I remained there for 20 months. Not everyone is as lucky.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 philip marlowes cat

I'm fully aware that the contracts are temporary. I'm considering moving to an area where rent is lower anyway, and a couple of the places I'm considering are on the list.

Ilovelucy wrote: »
    Sillysocks is right - a lot of the contracts are for a max of 8-10 weeks. I was very lucky where I was placed in that I remained there for 20 months. Not everyone is as lucky.

Mine was a closed contract for 13 weeks so was up on the date in the contract. Other people had open contracts and some got extensions, they may comment to that effect on here.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 kmag16

I hurriedly applied on the deadline day and can't remember when the information form said the questionnaire would be going live. I didn't save the form and can't seem to find it again.

Does anybody recall as to when the questionnaire is open? Will we get an email about it?

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭IrishPhoenix

kmag16 wrote:
    Does anybody recall as to when the questionnaire is open? Will we get an email about it?

From the 19th March

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭DoctorDre

kmag16 wrote: »
    I hurriedly applied on the deadline day and can't remember when the information form said the questionnaire would be going live. I didn't save the form and can't seem to find it again.

Thanks.

We should get the questionnaire by March 19th and the deadline for this will be March 26th.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭LovexxLife

Do you think theres maths type questions?

LovexxLife wrote: »
    Do you think theres maths type questions?

As far as I know it's more they give you a situation and ask how you would deal with it type questions

Just out of curiosity has anybody any idea how many applications were received for the temp clerical positions?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

just wondering has anybody got an email with the link to do the questionnaire?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,724 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

fin12 wrote: »
    just wondering has anybody got an email with the link to do the questionnaire?

won't be until tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

ok thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 17 beanz14

Has the Questionairre gone online yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭LovexxLife

beanz14 wrote: »
    Has the Questionairre gone online yet?
    Checked my public jobs message box for the link and nothing there yet

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭venusdoom

Yeah nothing in my inbox either. I'm sure they'll txt us when it's live

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 Janie77

I still haven't heard anything! Anyone have any experience with this questionaire? I heard they want you to rate yourself a lot which I don't think it fair as you don't really know what's the best answer. I really need this job haha! Anyone know also how long it takes usually to get back to you after the questionaire closes?

Advertisement