Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Masters 2015 **MOD warning in OP**

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,717 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Ah OK. Still thought it might take bit more then that. I know lot don't like Reed and Sabbataini but was surprised at how much a gap there was.

What I take from that is that the tour is full with sound guys and there's just a handful of tools out there, great news so if only 4/5 guys getting all the votes.

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

Sample page from Harrington's yardage book

CB798ALWYAIzt69.jpg

wlafc9.jpg

5lp6s8.jpg

2qbdjb7.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,341 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

slave1 wrote: »

CB798ALWYAIzt69.jpg

no wonder he's so f'ed up!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭Dbu

86293a964c07da5a613bc4f6721392a7_view.jpg

Hope the quality of his golf is better than the camera:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,458 ✭✭✭valoren

Sabbatini on the 10th above?

Even just a picture of a fairway and you know the hole :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 498 ✭✭Mallagio

Placing for Phil Mickelson is a decent bet imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,564 ✭✭✭kiers47

valoren wrote: »
    Sabbatini on the 10th above?

Even just a picture of a fairway and you know the hole :)

Think its Rory and to me it looks like the 1st. But not sure.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭Nemesis

The Drive Chip Putt kids competition is a great thing to watch with your own kids.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,439 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

BBC2 showing their 2014 Masters Review at 1.45 for anyone looking to jog their memories

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭jjll

Furyk saying if it dont dry up forget short hitters and bookies shortening them all at front of market

Thursday/Friday tee times announced...

Phil, Rory and Ryan Moore
    Spieth, Stenson, Horschel

http://www.masters.com/pdf/Masters-GroupingsAndStartingTimes-Rd1.pdf

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭syngindub

is there a lifetime exemption once you win it?

syngindub wrote: »

Yes indeed, benefit of an invitation only event

• Registered Users Posts: 17,073 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

Is late/early preferable to early/late for Thursday/Friday tee times, or does it matter?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭SaveOurLyric

CB798ALWYAIzt69.jpg

Sure the top one is not what's going on in his head as he prepares for a shot ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭SaveOurLyric

The Second Weekend of April approaches ! Which means....

...it is perfection. It is an unattainable dream of an ideal world. It not only is the complete conquering of nature, but the refashioning of it into an improved version of itself. The ghost of Bobby Jones blesses it, harking to a golden age of amateur sport, optimism, and belief in the American way. It drips with the glorious old world tradition of the the old South, where spring comes early, the perfect flowers are always in bloom, and caddies know their place as anonymous underlings in uniform white suits serving their masters. It is golf course design perfected, without rough, where shot making and short game touch are everything. Its azeleas. Its Jim Nanace. Its Sarazen's double eagle. Its magnolias. Its the Butler Cabin (built back in 1964).Its Amen Corner. It doesnt start until the back nine on Sundy. Its Hootie Johnson. Its been Tiger proofed. Its where Ike's Tree used to be. Its the amateur winners lodging on the course. It is an American tournament for American boys. With some added 'visitors'. Where the likelyhood of stumblebum journeymen 'stealing' a major is minimised. It is won by GREAT GOLFERS.

Its the repeating of what we did last year and declaring/sanctifying it as sacred tradition.

It looks beautiful, we know every curve, tree, creek, and undulation. It is beautiful.

Its The Masters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭HighLine

Not surprised to hear Tiger will play in the par 3 comp. He hasn't played in it for over 10 years but seems to be embracing the enjoyment of golf this year. http://www.golfdigest.com/blogs/the-loop/2015/04/another-surprising-tiger-twist.html

Skip to the 4 min mark in this clip... doesn't seem like a man with the weight of the world on his shoulders that has been the case previously.

• Advertisement

Amen Corner
    Amen Corner
    Amen Corner

...won't hear that again over the next few days...:(

• Registered Users Posts: 20,341 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Amen Corner
    Amen Corner
    Amen Corner

...won't hear that again over the next few days...:(

no Amen Corner Coverage this year ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭Slicemeister

Sure the top one is not what's going on in his head as he prepares for a shot ?

More like the map of Game of Thrones.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭First Up

HighLine wrote: »
    Not surprised to hear Tiger will play in the par 3 comp. He hasn't played in it for over 10 years but seems to be embracing the enjoyment of golf this year. http://www.golfdigest.com/blogs/the-loop/2015/04/another-surprising-tiger-twist.html

Skip to the 4 min mark in this clip... doesn't seem like a man with the weight of the world on his shoulders that has been the case previously.

a) It's Tuesday
    b) He needs to give his sponsors all the airtime he can.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭HighLine

First Up wrote: »
    a) It's Tuesday
    b) He needs to give his sponsors all the airtime he can.

That was actually from Monday. Some say that today, he chipped 1000 balls all to within a foot. Also the dancing is a dress rehearsal for his victory celebrations come Sunday evening. A dead cert.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭bustercherry

HighLine wrote: »
    That was actually from Monday. Some say that today, he chipped 1000 balls all to within a foot. Also the dancing is a dress rehearsal for his victory celebrations come Sunday evening. A dead cert.

Ah come on, that would put his stats in around a few knocking around on here at times. No way could that be true ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 25,342 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

syngindub wrote: »

Yes and the invitation categories says in respect of winners of the other three majors: 'Honorary, non-competing after 5 years'

What this appears to mean is that when your five years exemptions are up, you still get invited to attend as a guest but not to play. Open to correction on that but I notice that, excluding former Masters champions, there are several past major winners among the field for the Par 3 contest on Wednesday, specifically...

Rich Beem (PGA 2002)
    Jerry Pate (US Open 1976)
    Hubert Green (US Open 1977)
    Ian Baker-Finch (The Open, 1991)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,458 ✭✭✭valoren

and caddies know their place as anonymous underlings in uniform white suits serving their masters

Ah jaysus.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,094 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

valoren wrote: »
    and caddies know their place as anonymous underlings in uniform white suits serving their masters

Ah jaysus.

That definitely wasn't the case when Steve Williams won it with Adam Scott on his clubs.

• Advertisement

BBC Sport has six extra streams on website, mobile and Connected TVs on Saturday and Sunday, including live coverage of Amen Corner, holes 15 and 16 and two featured groups as well as the Masters' own On the Range and In Depth channels (starting at 16:00 BST).

A mix of the best will also be available on the Red Button.

The website will also have live text commentaries every day featuring the latest news, leaderboards, the best of social media, photos and colour from our reporters on the course.

(All times BST)

Wednesday 8 April

The Masters: Preview, 09:15-09:45, BBC Red Button & 23:20-23:50, BBC Two, 23:35-00:05, BBC Two NI, 23:50-00:20, BBC Two Scotland

Rory McIlroy: The Masters, 23:35-00:05, BBC Two NI

Thursday 9 April

The Masters: Day One, 20:30-21:30, BBC Radio 5 live & 21:30-00:00, BBC Radio 5 live sports extra

Friday 10 April

The Masters: Day One Highlights, 09:15-10:15, BBC Red Button, 18:00-19:00 BBC Two Wales & 19:00-20:00, BBC Two

The Masters: Day Two, 21:00-22:00, BBC Radio 5 live & 22:00-00:00, BBC Radio 5 live sports extra

Saturday 11 April

The Masters: Day Two Highlights, 09:00-10:30, BBC Red Button & 14:15-15:30, BBC One

The Masters: Extra, 16:30-20:30 & 21:20-00:00, BBC Red Button

The Masters: Day Three, 19:30-00:00, BBC Two & 21:00-01:00, BBC Radio 5 live

Sunday 12 April

The Masters: Day Three Highlights, 09:00-10:30, BBC Red Button

The Masters: Extra, 16:00-19:55 & 21:00-00:00, BBC Red Button

The Masters: Day Four, 18:30-00:00, BBC Two & 20:00-01:00, BBC Radio 5 live

Advertisement