Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CS GO

Options
  • 14-08-2014 11:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭

Was sure there was a forum for this but anyway....

Used to play this for a bit of fun, seemingly didnt play for a long time and it changed.....game is the same afaik.

But now there is:

Passes? wtf is a breakout pass and why do I have to pay for custom maps? cant i just download them?

Loadout? I select a loadout from the fancy screen with the option of a marketplace but never get those in guns ingame? whats the point of that?

Marketplace? yup whats that all about.

I love this game but seriously what did I miss in the last 18 months or so?

Still got it tho :D

BvByeilCcAEoMdS.jpg:large

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

CS:GO has blown up. There is a lot of new **** in it.

The passes are for playing custom maps (Or more like the best custom maps i think) in the official match making. You can still play custom maps through community servers (Standard server browser).

Loadout is mostly just skin selection and the couple of interchangable guns (M4A4 or M4A1).

Market place is exactly like how it is in Dota/TF2, sell/buy skins etc.

For the most part its win/win for everyone, skins and drops keep the game interesting + allows valve to support the competitive community etc

• Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Anyone still play it?

No idea what that marketplace is for Dota or Tf2 so just avoiding it, bought the breakout thingie anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭McSasquatch II

It's half price on Steam this weekend, for anyone still on the fence. I have it in my inventory, but still working up the courage to get back into online gaming. :pac:

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Anyone still play it?

No idea what that marketplace is for Dota or Tf2 so just avoiding it, bought the breakout thingie anyway.

Yeah I still play a fair bit.

Yeah just ignore the market, save yourself from the madness!

• Advertisement

I have over 1000 hours... the competitive MM is brilliant. No more messing around on irc trying to find a 5v5.

There are a few of us that play casually using mumble. Add me if you want: grimebox3

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

ESL One finals are on from GamesCom right now, they've had about 300k people watching yesterday which is pretty incredible! 196k people watching the English stream as we speak: http://www.twitch.tv/esltv_cs

Shiminay wrote: »
    ESL One finals are on from GamesCom right now, they've had about 300k people watching yesterday which is pretty incredible! 196k people watching the English stream as we speak: http://www.twitch.tv/esltv_cs

Yeah have been watching from the start, one of the more interesting cs tourneys in recent times. NIP to win it!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

Was an excellent tournament. Valve really knows how to get people interested in these big events. The whole betting/drop/predicting thing is awesome for adding that extra bit of interest to it all. Think the final managed like 400k viewers which is incredible.

Was actually glad NiP won, have always hoped the team they were playing would win (After their year long domination, it was boring seeing them win..) But they deserve a major win. Good ****.

Heaton at the final moments, former CEO of NiP and former CS pro.

I don't know how much I like to watch CS to be honest. It's difficult to follow and the fights are over so quick. I'd always prefer to be playing myself.

• Advertisement

Magill wrote: »
    Was an excellent tournament. Valve really knows how to get people interested in these big events. The whole betting/drop/predicting thing is awesome for adding that extra bit of interest to it all. Think the final managed like 400k viewers which is incredible.

Was actually glad NiP won, have always hoped the team they were playing would win (After their year long domination, it was boring seeing them win..) But they deserve a major win. Good ****.

1v943ZDl.png

I'd say the next major will be DHW, hopefully break that half million. Onward and upward!

Yeah that clip of Heaton is awesome, still gets pumped up for some cs :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

Anyone on here play this? Would be cool to get a Steam rollcall of CS:Go players.

Also, any good streams out there? Struggling to find streams who don't come across as dicks. Only people I watch are OhLana and NBK.

http://www.twitch.tv/ohlana

http://www.twitch.tv/nbk

some good ones as well as some tourney streams:
    faceittv
    fragbitelive
    dreamhack
    HikoTV
    mEclipse
    Officialf0rest
    OfficialFriberg
    OfficalGeTRiGht
    PashaBiceps
    RoomOnFire
    shoxieJESUSS
    scream

• Registered Users Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭Danger781

Looking for more people to lobby with and I never encounter any Irish people ..

I'm after plummeting down the ranks to lowly Gold Nova 2, after consistently hanging around Nova 4 / MG for a number of weeks. Guess that's what's happens when you solo queue! I normally play with a few friends, primarily aged 22 - 23 but it's rare we are all on at the same time.

Feel free to add me:
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/danger781

I play pretty regularly and wouldn't mind some more people to play with. I'm trying to find my steam profile URL.... can't remember it right now. I'll post it when I get home

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭jumbobreakfast

GaelLords.com has a server. It has 128 tickrate but has been lying unused so it might be on standby (ie turned off :) ) . Plenty Irish play CS on the gaellords CSGO TS channel but anyone can create their own channel on the TS server as well so if you are trying to organise a group of players then you're welcome to use that. We don't force people to become members or anything like that

Get on Pasha's level :)

Danger781 wrote: »

Get on Pasha's level :)

Yeah the patience!

Sigh.. Gone from Nova 3 to Nova 1 in the last week :(

• Advertisement

I've been having such bad games recently. Consistently missing my shots and making bad decisions. The worst thing is that I was allowing my losing streak to make me play worse. I can usually snap out of it but I was playing scared which led me to spray when I really, really shouldn't be. I was something like 4-17 last night with my team berating me.

I've been having such bad games recently. Consistently missing my shots and making bad decisions. The worst thing is that I was allowing my losing streak to make me play worse. I can usually snap out of it but I was playing scared which led me to spray when I really, really shouldn't be. I was something like 4-17 last night with my team berating me.

Yeah I've been having a rough patch too, particularly on d2. It seems to be my bogey map.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 sliqe

Guys what ranks you are :> ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

I was Legendary Eagle, but down to Distinguished Master Guardian now. Hoping to get my Eagle back soon! :D

Yeah back in the elo hell that is dmg.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

silver 4 :L
    but im actually pretty good, I solo it though so I'l probably never rank up because half the people I am teamed with are really fecking bad :L

• Registered Users Posts: 3 sliqe

And where are you from guys ? Dubliners or something else ? Whats your age also ? I was DMG but used to play like a global :> Dublin/28/ Polish nationality ;>

I've dropped back to Silver Elite Master and can not get out of it. Think I've probably lost about 2 games in recent memory.

When I played consistently I was Nova 4 / MG1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

2Mad2BeMad wrote: »
    silver 4 :L
    but im actually pretty good, I solo it though so I'l probably never rank up because half the people I am teamed with are really fecking bad :L

Uhh yeah.

Advertisement