Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One Pre-Order Thread! Where are you getting yours?

Options
  • 23-08-2013 11:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭

Where are you getting yours? Any news on bundles or price drops?

I know for me I'm getting mines in Gamestop Liffey St (only one that knew about the offer where you trade in a 360 and two games and get €200 off). Luckily I pre-ordered last month so I'll be getting a Day One Edition

Games?
    Fifa - Its free, why not?
    Watch Dogs (can't wait to play this game, fancier graphics is a plus)
    Call of Duty Ghosts - Every year its bought so this year will be no exception.
    *gulp* Just Dance 2014 - Its for friends coming over I swear!

Anyone found cheap bundles online?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

i am getting mine from space.....

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭iColdFusion

Ordered mine from Smyths in Cork yesterday with Battlefield 4 and Forza 5.
    They had no problem allocating me a day one whereas gamestop and xtravision were sold out.

Is it confirmed that the games will be €65?
    Thats what smyths told me but amazon are £42/45, seems a big difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭godwin

I'll buy mine on the 27 december when all the unwanted gifts are sold

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭shuffles03

Heading to Smyths now to try and preorder a Day One Edition.

Just preordered it in Smyths. Also preordered Dead Rising 3

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭iHateManCity

does anyone know if or when we will be able to pre order the xbox one as a bundle? also would it be cheaper without the kinect if they started to sell it without it?
    It's just I haven't the room at home to use the kinect anyway so I don't wanna pay for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 978 ✭✭✭wexdevil

does anyone know if or when we will be able to pre order the xbox one as a bundle? also would it be cheaper without the kinect if they started to sell it without it?
    It's just I haven't the room at home to use the kinect anyway so I don't wanna pay for it.

Unfortunately they have stated that they won't ever sell the xbox one without the kinect sensor

http://kotaku.com/microsoft-says-they-wont-sell-xbox-one-without-kinect-1184391586

• Registered Users Posts: 12,503 ✭✭✭✭Varik

wexdevil wrote: »
    Unfortunately they have stated that they won't ever sell the xbox one without the kinect sensor

http://kotaku.com/microsoft-says-they-wont-sell-xbox-one-without-kinect-1184391586

They've stated a lot of things, if sales are good then they're unlikely to change anything but if they have a very hard time of it they'll be considering their options.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,717 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

Varik wrote: »
    They've stated a lot of things, if sales are good then they're unlikely to change anything but if they have a very hard time of it they'll be considering their options.

Don't think they will change it now. If they were to take it out would be system just look bad with it looking like it was missing something

• Registered Users Posts: 12,386 ✭✭✭✭siblers

They'll possibly sell it without the Kinect in like 6 months time but they wont do it now, it'd just cause them more hassle with existing pre-orders. I ordered mine with Gamestop online but I tempted to cancel and just go into Smyths. Just worried about being guranteed release day delivery.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭Limpar

I just switched my PS4 Pre-order for an Xbox one pre-order online with GameStop.
    I'll be picking up Titanfall and Battlefield 4.....with Fifa 14 obviously included.

They pushed me over the edge this week with the free copy of Fifa...basically means I'm paying about 40-45 euro for Kinect 2.0 which actually looks pretty impressive in the demos I've seen.

Titanfall is easily the stand-out game of both the PS4/Xbox One launch line-ups for me and its an MS exclusive.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,503 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Limpar wrote: »
    I just switched my PS4 Pre-order for an Xbox one pre-order online with GameStop.

Did you just email them and did your order actually update on the site.

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭iColdFusion

siblers wrote: »
    They'll possibly sell it without the Kinect in like 6 months time but they wont do it now, it'd just cause them more hassle with existing pre-orders.
    MS have been telling developers everyone will have a Kinect and to build their games around it, I can see at the very least the exclusives being unplayable without Kinect just like Sony shoehorned the sixaxis into PS3 games.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

Ordered day one edition on Amazon. Got an email not too long ago that it will come with Fifa 14, even though I have no interest in it. I'll see what happens by launch date and switch if I find a better deal.

Dead rising 3 and Titan Fall are definitely going to be my launch titles anyway.

Ordered day one edition on Amazon. Got an email not too long ago that it will come with Fifa 14, even though I have no interest in it. I'll see what happens by launch date and switch if I find a better deal.

Dead rising 3 and Titan Fall are definitely going to be my launch titles anyway.

Titanfall is not a launch title

I'm getting my console in gamestop(getting ps4 there aswell) and I haven't decided what games I'm getting yet

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

Does anyone know if I order the standard edition Xbox One with Amazon, will the free copy of Fifa be included or is that a Day One version offer only?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭madcabbage

besty wrote: »
    Does anyone know if I order the standard edition Xbox One with Amazon, will the free copy of Fifa be included or is that a Day One version offer only?

Thanks

I think every Xbox One that is preordered in Europe comes with a free digital download for Fifa 14. I'm not 100% certain though.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭iHateManCity

thanks for the replies guys, I wonder if gta v will come out on the new consoles

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

shuffles03 wrote: »
    Just preordered it in Smyths. Also preordered Dead Rising 3

Was that the Day one edition you pre-ordered? Did they give any indication on how many are left?

Benzino wrote: »
    Was that the Day one edition you pre-ordered? Did they give any indication on how many are left?

The Day One Edition has 'Day One 2013' stamped on the controller. That's pretty much it. The girl in Smyths said that everyone that gets a One on launch day will automatically get that edition. I asked was I guaranteed one on release and she said definitely. PS4 on the other hand was the opposite. 5 people asked about it while I was there and she told them they'd be on the second or third batch.

I didn't ask how many Xbones they were getting but it seems if you preorder one now, you should be ok. I'm in Delgany so the closest to me was the Smyths in Bray. You can just preorder games on their website for free and when they are available, you'll get a text giving you 24hrs to collect.

• Advertisement

The Day One Edition has 'Day One 2013' stamped on the controller. That's pretty much it. The girl in Smyths said that everyone that gets a One on launch day will automatically get that edition. I asked was I guaranteed one on release and she said definitely. PS4 on the other hand was the opposite. 5 people asked about it while I was there and she told them they'd be on the second or third batch.

I didn't ask how many Xbones they were getting but it seems if you preorder one now, you should be ok. I'm in Delgany so the closest to me was the Smyths in Bray. You can just preorder games on their website for free and when they are available, you'll get a text giving you 24hrs to collect.

Yeah I was under the impression that the first batch would be all Day One editions too, but when I was pre-ordering the PS4 in Gamestop the guy said they were out of Day One editions but they had the standard edition available for launch day.

Yeah I was under the impression that the first batch would be all Day One editions too, but when I was pre-ordering the PS4 in Gamestop the guy said they were out of Day One editions but they had the standard edition available for launch day.

Well hopefully it is Day One. I asked the girl 5 times

Well hopefully it is Day One. I asked the girl 5 times

Just pre-ordered it in Symths Jervis Street, the guy said they had loads left. I was only number 40 on the list, was expecting there to be more pre-orders.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,206 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Just pre-ordered it in Symths Jervis Street, the guy said they had loads left. I was only number 40 on the list, was expecting there to be more pre-orders.

Wouldn't be surprised Jervis street have low numbers tbh.. Town is not somewhere I would want to collect 650 euro - 700 with accessories and games worth of electronics at a midnight launch...

The Dominic street flats are less than 2 minutes walk from there no thanks lol

• Registered Users Posts: 10,206 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

On topic I have a day one with extra controller, ghosts, battlefield 4 and watch dogs ordered.... :D

Really excited now. Can't wait to see the system up and running

Wouldn't be surprised Jervis street have low numbers tbh.. Town is not somewhere I would want to collect 650 euro - 700 with accessories and games worth of electronics at a midnight launch...

The Dominic street flats are less than 2 minutes walk from there no thanks lol

1st rule of console launches...never go to a midnight launch :P

I've learned from that kid who got his PS3 stolen at a midnight launch. Believe Sony gave him a new one for free though which was pretty good of em!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,416 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

1st rule of console launches...never go to a midnight launch :P

I've learned from that kid who got his PS3 stolen at a midnight launch. Believe Sony gave him a new one for free though which was pretty good of em!

Are there going to be midnight launches for the new consoles?

Are there going to be midnight launches for the new consoles?

I'd be quite surprised if there wasn't

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,228 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Preordered both Xbox One and PS4 at Gamestop. I've been trading in there quite often to get the prices down for launch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,175 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Pre-ordered both in Smyths.

17th for the Xbox and 70th or someething like that for the PS4. PS4 is a christmas present though, so not getting it in the first batch isn't an issue.

Not sure what games I'm gonna get for either.

Probably Forza and either Battlefield or CoD for the XBOX - would sort me for racing, shooting and football (FIFA). Might swap Forza for WatchDogs though.

Madden 25 and Need for Speed are two titles I want as well.

Killzone is the only PS4 title I have my eye on (but obviously I could get WatchDogs for it, or Madden, or NFS)

Advertisement