Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Burritos !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Options
  • 29-06-2013 8:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,462 ✭✭✭

How many times we have asked but finally Limerick has got a burrito place next to the Wokking. Opened yesterday was in there today chicken steak and Pork rice beans jack cheese and 3 types of Salsa tried them all except the beans awful feicin things imho.

Hope it does eally well just worried about the location.

Anyone else been??

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,649 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Good/bad value?

I think there was something similar in that area before.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,462 ✭✭✭sioda

6.50 so not too bad imho

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭twistyj

Ya I think nearby used to be a Mexican place, then Gasworks, then Olive Branch Bistro... now I dunno but that Mexican place didnt really seem to pull in the crowd

• Registered Users Posts: 4,831 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

twistyj wrote: »
    Ya I think nearby used to be a Mexican place, then Gasworks, then Olive Branch Bistro... now I dunno but that Mexican place didnt really seem to pull in the crowd

Don't forget Pizza Planet, El Chivos, The Pizza Company, Cafe Torino and god knows what else in the last 6 years. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,462 ✭✭✭sioda

Hopefully this lasts though Baddass Burrittos they can be folllowed on facebook as well

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,270 ✭✭✭source

I am looking forward to trying this. Love Mexican food.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Parchment

I think it opened in Galway too and was awful. Check the Galway board. They now have a Boojum in Galway...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭ian87

My life is complete. A highlight of trips to dublin or cork is Mexican food! Brilliant!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

excellent.I'll definitely be checking out later in the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭Taco Chips

Long overdue. Burritos have been a huge hit in Dublin for students and people at work looking for a good lunch. Can't wait to try this place

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,514 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

That's great. Looking forward to trying one.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,859 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Just after finishing a burrito from Badass Burritos. Went for beef as the meat, with black beans, salad, guacamole, hot salsa.

It's no Boojum, but it's pretty damn good. I was hoping for more of a kick from the "hot" salsa. There's hot sauce on the tables for people dining in so I might try adding that next time.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Good to see something that might last here!
    Is it a chain or local owned?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭aN.Droid

Tried steak on opening day and chicken yesterday. Was tasty. Has rice, black beans, cheese and sour cream with the hot salsa.

I agree the hot salsa needs to be hotter, it is more tangy than anything. but other than that it is really tasty and worth the 6.50. Really nice lady behind the tills too!

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Reildogg

source wrote: »
    I am looking forward to trying this. Love Mexican food.
    ian87 wrote: »
    My life is complete. A highlight of trips to dublin or cork is Mexican food! Brilliant!

Burritos are not Mexican.. They are American.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,228 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Reildogg wrote: »

best first post ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,389 ✭✭✭jonski

Reildogg wrote: »

Wiki must be lying again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

So went in at lunchtime today to get myself a chicken burrito. The woman behind the counter was absolutely lovely, and is very passionate about her burrito's! They were nice, not as nice as boojum, but still quite tasty. I'd definitely go back there again for the food. Only niggly things, and it's just me being niggly, is that the tortilla's are microwaved, and I don't like microwaves being used on my food. Also spin south west was blaring, and I can't stand realy loud music when I'm trying to eat and trying to read my book.

It's great to see this in Limerick though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭vkid

Was in there after work. Had the steak burrito. Thought it was very very tasty. AS mentioned hot sauce isnt really that hot but minor quibble. Excelllent staff, very friendly. Good value too, filling for 6.50. It nice to have tasty fast food, that doesn't drip in grease. Will be back and hope it works for them.

Ps was no real music blaring when i was in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭xii

That place has been most renamed/owned restaurant location in the city.

The oldest name I can remember is "Yanks" back in 92-93 a kind of Eddie Rocket "esque" diner.

Can anyone remember what it was before that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭letsdothis

Delighted to see this place opening and hope it does well. I tried a veggie one. It wasn't bad but there's room for improvement. The black beans were lacking in depth of flavour (the best burrito bars cook the black beans with avocado leaves amongst other things, clearly not here). Also the veg itself was cooked to order and actually really needs to be left to stew down for much longer. Anyway, I hope they improve a bit with time and I'll be going there fairly regularly. Totally needs the cervezas too!

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭Taco Chips

For a place open less than a week I was really impressed with the quality of the food. The meats are all very nicely cooked and they have a nice formula so far. Staff are absolutely smashing also, very enthusiastic and friendly. I hope this place goes a long way.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭roast

Sounds good for a place that's only been open for a short time, might check it out this weekend. :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,228 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

They'll be bringing in lots of new sauces in the coming days and they will be MUCH hotter too. For those of you that like that sort of thing. Sadists :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Fintc

Went there the other day bit of a weird set up tables and chairs are like something that were pulled out of an old club house! The food was ok, pork was nice , microwaved wraps (right in front of you) , beans were undercooked an hard.

I really wanted this place to be nice , limerick was in need for a burrito place. Hopefully they'll improve , but first impression wasn't great!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭padma

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Benjani

Ate here today for the first time and like the comment above, I have to admit my first impressions weren't great.

First of all, it is fantastic to see Limerick having their own Burrito bar but my first impressions of the decor were poor. Very old fashioned and thrown together. No style or substance at all.

I waited over ten minutes to get served. And I wasn't the only one. The guy in front of me was less than impressed with the very slow service. I must say, the women were very polite and helpful, perhaps too much so as it seemed to slow down the overall running of the orders.

I tried to order Pork with Inferno hot sauce and neither were available which was disappointing. I instead opted for the steak with 'hot' sauce which in truth wasn't that hot at all. It was fine, but nothing special. Burrito's are reasonably priced at €6.50 but €1.50 for a can of coke was a bit much. I didn't feel I got my value for €8.

The burrito itself was far too bread-y and contained very little meat. I could almost count the pieces of steak. In truth, it tasted like something you'd throw together in your kitchen at home.

The place is only open a week so I wouldn't discount any future visits but if I was to become a regular, it would have to improve drastically. Best of luck to them, it's about time someone opened one in Limerick.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

Quick question for those who have eaten there... are the tortilla's home made, or are they the usual stuff you'd be given if you bought a wrap at a deli? This makes a huge difference!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭padma

Little bit suspicious two first time posters, posting bad reviews.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 Benjani

Quick question for those who have eaten there... are the tortilla's home made, or are they the usual stuff you'd be given if you bought a wrap at a deli? This makes a huge difference!

I'm no expert but they didn't taste anything different to something you'd order at a deli counter. I could be wrong though.

Advertisement