Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DayZ Zombie Mod for Arma 2 (v2)

Options
  • 14-01-2013 10:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 55,470 ✭✭✭✭

The old DayZ thread reached 10k, so the odometer has rolled over. :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MajesticDonkey

Yay second post ever OMG 2k13 <3:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 280 ✭✭Yousef

Why do we need a new mod thread?

Surely it's time to start talking about the standalone?!?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

It's just all the one really

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

The thread title can always be edited once the standalone comes out. That could be another two months, maybe even more.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Heres the old thread just in case anyone wants to read anything from it: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056634133

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭Laviski

guys i've posted a new topic in tactical shooter i think its best to try and post important info and linky's so newb knows what to do. keep the conv here if ye like, just with the last thread so much stuff was repeated over and over and over.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=82693185#post82693185

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭_vti

is that just a two player co-op or can more join?

That's just two player coop, we were thinking of doing a campaign with more players though. Do you know any?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

ktulu123 wrote: »
    That's just two player coop, we were thinking of doing a campaign with more players though. Do you know any?

The default red Harvest is Coop. Bugged to bits tho.

Some brilliant coop missions on official forums and armaholic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

2 arma devs released on bail.

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭_vti

dreamers75 wrote: »
    2 arma devs released on bail.

If it were me I would skip town to Turkey and piss on the border before I jumped on a plane home.

**** Greece!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 890 ✭✭✭CrinkElite

Anyone interested in playing a little Coop dayZ tonight via skype?
    Help a noob out

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

Tried the Namalsk map for the first time yesterday. Probably my favourite map now and it's great in how unbelievably harsh it is in terms of survival (having to find warm clothes or heatpacks just to stay warm), plus the lack of food and medical supplies. The ambient background sounds/music is also great and adds a lot of tension.

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭synesthesia

Hey am playinng around with a dayz server at the moment - what do you guys think about rMod ?

http://www.tunngle.net/community/topic/87391-rmod-for-private-servers/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭Laviski

Hey am playinng around with a dayz server at the moment - what do you guys think about rMod ?

http://www.tunngle.net/community/topic/87391-rmod-for-private-servers/

yeah and we likeit. but would only use it on a big map like cherno/takistan. with they way we have the namalsk server setup its easy enough to spawn vehicles buildings as we need them. plus the fact we have it installed just didnt turn it on.

btw our ts3 server bumped up to 500 slots and its open to all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭Asmodean

Jesus it's been months since I last played this after being completely addicted for a few weeks. Time to jump back into it I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,106 ✭✭✭SpannerMonkey

Looks like the 2 arma developers have been released from greek prisons on bail
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-21028105

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,691 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Grr having issues getting dayz up and running again.
    Arma and OA are now freshly installed on my new SSD but getting errors when i try to join any dayz servers, Wasteland is working fine.
    Ive updated both armaOA and Dayz via dayz commander but no joy, any thoughts?

getting this message when i click to join a server via dayz commander

Addon `dayz_anim` requires addon `CA_Dubbing_Counterattack

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 775 ✭✭✭simon360

Dcully wrote: »
    Grr having issues getting dayz up and running again.
    Arma and OA are now freshly installed on my new SSD but getting errors when i try to join any dayz servers, Wasteland is working fine.
    Ive updated both armaOA and Dayz via dayz commander but no joy, any thoughts?

getting this message when i click to join a server via dayz commander

Addon `dayz_anim` requires addon `CA_Dubbing_Counterattack

Is the option run through steam unchecked if you have arma on steam.

simon360 wrote: »

Its unchecked ,yeah steam version.

I had the same issue, I followed this video and It's working now I guess I could uninstall ARMA 2 vanilla now but I'm not sure. as it stands though I have 8 gigs of duplicate files on my drive.

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭Pixelbastardo

Dcully wrote: »
    Its unchecked ,yeah steam version.

After downloading both arma 2 and OA, you need to start both games individually through steam at least once before dayz will work.
    Just start each game up to the main menu, before exiting out.

After downloading both arma 2 and OA, you need to start both games individually through steam at least once before dayz will work.

That's true and you'll have to launch arma 2 OA again after you copy over the file.

I believe the error message for that particular problem is "wrong serial number given in setup" or something to that effect.

Found an awesome server, custom wep tables, added refueling at petrol stations..... the downside is that the admin is a 12 year old who can't take getting killed and to be honest hes stuck up his own hole about his server and his home made anti-hack system which I questioned and asked if he was going to put in a whitelist because anti-hack is not always that reliable to which he replied and I quote "This server is already amazing so why ruin it for a sh**ty whitelist if you dont like it piss off you f*g" ... people and their manners haha. Anyway server is EHD if you wana go check it out and/or troll.

Ive been playing wasteland fine.
    I got it sorted but seems i have to launch the OA beta exe for dayz to work and launch via steam for wasteland to work, very messy.

Found an awesome server, custom wep tables, added refueling at petrol stations..... the downside is that the admin is a 12 year old who can't take getting killed and to be honest hes stuck up his own hole about his server and his home made anti-hack system which I questioned and asked if he was going to put in a whitelist because anti-hack is not always that reliable to which he replied and I quote "This server is already amazing so why ruin it for a sh**ty whitelist if you dont like it piss off you f*g" ... people and their manners haha. Anyway server is EHD if you wana go check it out and/or troll.

Might have a game of "how quick can you get banned" on it :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

Rocket did a pretty big ama today:
    http://www.reddit.com/r/dayz/comments/16p21g/overview_of_rockets_ama_from_today/

Nothing too interesting, but nice to see that he is a lot more positive about the future of the game now.

• Advertisement

ktulu123 wrote: »
    Might have a game of "how quick can you get banned" on it :P

Haha I'm 16 hour banned for saying that admins are crap at arma , admin your mainly looking for is called seven (might relate to his age).

Advertisement