Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Woman accuses three men of rape after drunken romp

Options
  • 18-09-2012 8:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,579 ✭✭✭

Slapper goes out, loses control of herself, willingly shags three lads ..... wakes up regretting it so she accuses them of rape. After the lie is exposed and she is convicted she is only sentenced to 2 years in jail. Three lads have their life ruined and real rape victims will now be less willing to come forward.

If this mad women/bitch had have cut the 3 lads heads off and then claimed rape before the police had a chance to investigate certain people on this forum would say they deserved it. Maybe some of those folks on boards and else where who assume men accused of rape are automatically guilty will take note.

So After Hours is 2 years jail time enough?

Link
    A 20-year-old woman who falsely claimed she was raped by three men because she regretted having sex with them has been jailed for two years.Rosie Dodd, of Nottingham, claimed the men, who were aged 21, 23 and 25, assaulted her at a home in Clifton, Nottinghamshire, in the early hours of a Saturday in June. The trio were arrested after Dodd claimed they had all raped her after she met them on a night out in the city - and they spent a total of nearly 50 hours in police custody before being released on bail.

The men maintained Dodd had willingly had sex with them - and police became suspicious after carrying out further inquiries, challenging Dodd about her account. Dodd then admitted she had made up the rape claims because she regretted having consensual sex with the trio, Nottingham Crown Court was told today.Detective Constable Gina Farrell led the investigation for Nottinghamshire Police and slammed Dodd after the hearing for never showing ‘an ounce of remorse’ for what she put the men through.

‘The three men accused of rape were quite badly affected by the damaging accusations and Dodd has never shown an ounce of remorse for what she put them through.’DC Farrell added that time the force’s specially-trained officers spent with Dodd could have been given to someone who ‘really needed our help’.Detective Inspector Stephen Waldram, head of the force’s rape investigation team, stated after the hearing that there was ‘no justification’ for Dodd’s lies and anyone doing the same ‘will be exposed’.

He said: ‘People lie that they’ve been raped for a multitude of reasons - like having regrets about having sex with a person, or as a way of getting back at someone.‘There is no justification for lying about something so serious and incredibly damaging and police actively investigate a false claim just as thoroughly as a genuine one to ensure innocent people are not convicted for something they didn’t do.‘It’s important to stress that anyone who contacts us to say they have been assaulted will be treated with the sensitivity and respect they deserve.’

Dodd was jailed for two years after previously pleading guilty to perverting the course of justice.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭Ristiano Conaldo

Delightful thread

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

I feel like I just walked into a staff meeting at the Daily Mail.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

She should have gotten a sentence in line with what the men would have got if they were guilty

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,485 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Stupid bítch

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

jobyrne30 wrote: »
    So After Hours is 2 years jail time enough?

No. She put three innocent men through hell, and would have happily seen them sent to Prison and their lives ruined.

Not nearly long enough.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 563 ✭✭✭Wee Willy Harris

Fwenz wit benefits!!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,067 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

She should have gotten a sentence in line with what the men would have got if they were guilty

I dunno about that, other than to make some people feel better about these things, it doesn't make much sense to sentence somebody for lying to the same prison time as an actual rapist. Imo

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

Nice thread title.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭nachocheese

No, 2 years isn't sufficient. She should receive the sentence that those men would have received had they been deemed guilty of raping her, as that is what she was sentencing them to with her lies.

Every time a woman does this it brings doubt to the credibility of other, genuine, victims both in the eyes of the police and society. These false accusers need to be made a massive example of.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

It's almost as if you're glad this happened OP, as it gives you a reason to go off on your own little rant.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭Fromthetrees

I think the victims of crime should have more of a say in every case where there's a guilty verdict.
    Obviously not the final say but if you lose your job or wife/family over a false rape allegation than it should have a direct impact on the sentence length.
    False rape allegations are so serious. Louis Walsh was lucky the truth came out in his case early, could have ruined his tv career.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭BunShopVoyeur

The thread title drew me in...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭bijapos

hefferboi wrote: »
    Nice thread title.

Indeed. Whatever about her rape story i find it interesting that a girl who gets 3 blokes into bed with her is a "slapper", whereas if a guy gets 3 girls into bed with him he's the country's biggest stud.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,514 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

The thread title drew me in...

Big +1 on that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Shove some garlic up her box, write the word apples on her knickers, and lets call it 6 years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,372 ✭✭✭im invisible

not a bad lookin girl...

bijapos wrote: »
    a girl who gets 3 blokes into bed with her is a "slapper", whereas if a guy gets 3 girls into bed with him he's the country's biggest stud.:rolleyes:

If a lock can open many keys, then... No.. if a key has a combination lock and...

Sorry, I'm confusing myself, I'll go again;

If a key opens many locks, then buy a combination lock. Is that the saying?

Either way, Amazon usually have sales on locks and such. Worth a look.

What's going on? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,455 ✭✭✭✭Monty Burnz

bijapos wrote: »
    Indeed. Whatever about her rape story i find it interesting that a girl who gets 3 blokes into bed with her is a "slapper", whereas if a guy gets 3 girls into bed with him he's the country's biggest stud.:rolleyes:
    To be fair, it's a lot easier to get three guys into bed with a girl than it is to get three girls in bed with a guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

I've edited the thread title to something a little less inflammatory, but I added the word "romp" in keeping with the Daily Mail style of OP. Please try and keep your outrage at the level of polite indignation.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,938 ✭✭✭mackg

I assume she will be put on the sex offenders list.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

mackg wrote: »

Why?

She made a false accusation, she didn't sexual abuse/attack anyone.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

mackg wrote: »
    Why?

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭spankysue

She's mad, has to be. Cries rape after an amazing accomplishment like that? She should be proud! 3 at once! That takes skill.... I've heard :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Maybe there should be false accuser database.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

2 years and the obliteration of her reputation is enough for me. There's no need to be excessive as I think this sentence is more than sufficient in playing as a deterrent for future false accusations.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

Wow, those guys are lucky that she was found out.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

What worries me is that there could be innocent men in jail because of 'ladies' like this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭General General

I think when a woman signals that she wants to do-the-fuc.kle-buck with you & two of your mates, you should sense that something could go awry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭haulagebasher

+1 on this. I know two men in my town who were accused of rape by two no good girls. One was a taxi driver who brought home a girl who was scuttered and because she couldn't get out of the car he assisted/pulled/lifted her out at her home. Apparently this is rape. Went to court and he was done for it but the whole damn town knows full well it was 100% bogus. He got a suspended sentence. I know this guy and he is a well respected person in my home town and I don't believe he would do this. Has been taxing for years.

Another issue in my home town was where a brother in law was accused of raping some drunk young wan. Same young wan is known for being the parish slapper and is from a no-good never worked a day in their life family. The chap spent six months or so in gaol. I don't belive he done it. He's a sound lad.

Both of these guys are respected members of the town and involved in the community but their names are now tarnished by being on the register. Somthing will have to be done about young wans accusing fellas of rape.

THose young wans sould be ashamed of themselves accusing fellas of rape. They are only out for the compo and a handy buck.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

2 years and the obliteration of her reputation is enough for me. There's no need to be excessive as I think this sentence is more than sufficient in playing as a deterrent for future false accusations.

It doesn't make up for the pain and anguish and no doubt the horrendous time these have gone through and are most likely still going though.

Once you are accused of rape it sticks with you.

Advertisement